Your biggest Moto accomplishment??

wacker
11/9/2014 10:24am
Riding has taken me all over the world, but this is by far the coolest thing that I have from my career. Plus, its a two-stroke 125 so hopefully it is Vital approved.

dboivin
11/9/2014 5:05pm
Bauer wrote:
I'm most proud of being named 2004 AMA Supercross Series Humanitarian of the Year (along with Scott Kandel) for our Wonder Warthog Racing privateer support programs...
I'm most proud of being named 2004 AMA Supercross Series Humanitarian of the Year (along with Scott Kandel) for our Wonder Warthog Racing privateer support programs, then winning it again in 2012 for my Big Air Kid's Fair charity event at Loma Linda Children's Hospital. This next one will be my 12th annual event and it gets better every year.

I'm also partnering with my friends, Dirt Diggers North, to do an additional Big Air Kid's Fair at the Shriners Children's Hospital up in Sacramento, the week before the Hangtown National. We are still working out the details on that one.

Had a lifetime of racing memories: Won close to 200 pro races in SoCal during it's heyday; almost won the 125 pro class at Mammoth; stood on the podium with my DG teammates Glover and Eropkin at the first Supercross race ever held at Anaheim Stadium (HS State Championship during intermission); won the 1978 AMA Western Regional Motocross Championship; 6th overall (support) at the 1979 Carlsbad USGP, after going over the bars; kicked Rex Staten's ass in a fistfight in the infield of Corona Raceway (broken up by current AMA SX referee, John Gallagher, when he was just a lad); had nine Cycle World magazine covers, a couple of Crash n' Burn issues and some other cool shit...

But my biggest moto accomplishment had to be letting Bob Hannah know how much we all appreciated him spanking us every week...

such a classic pic. good stuff. piece of moto history.
Dx3moto
11/9/2014 5:07pm
Racing competitively for years without any seriously major injuries. That's my biggest moto accomplishment. Dizzy
JM485
11/9/2014 5:38pm
Making the night show at the sacramento endurocross in the open am class. I had tried the year before and didn't make it, which was pretty discouraging, but it felt awesome to make it this year and be part of the show. I was so happy when I crossed the finish in my qualifier, I threw a fist pump worthy of a Supercross win just because I knew I was in the show!WoohooGrinning Although it pales in comparison to some of the accomplishments here, it was and still is a big deal for me. I made a post about the open am experience and my gopro if anyone wants more info:

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Made-the-Endurocross-nigh…

The Shop

BobbyM
11/9/2014 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2014 8:40pm
Scotty wrote:
What is the race or event that you are most proud of? Could be anything from racing moto to enduro or what ever.. I raced alot...
What is the race or event that you are most proud of? Could be anything from racing moto to enduro or what ever.. I raced alot of moto over the years, but my favorite would have to be winning our class at the 06 Baja 500. It was just one of those days, the one where everything just goes perfect. Nothing was going to stop us. Haven't had a race like that since! Smile What was your favorite time?
i got 2nd in a trans-ama race a long time ago...was pretty stoked about it.
hammertime
11/9/2014 9:55pm
Scotty wrote:
What is the race or event that you are most proud of? Could be anything from racing moto to enduro or what ever.. I raced alot...
What is the race or event that you are most proud of? Could be anything from racing moto to enduro or what ever.. I raced alot of moto over the years, but my favorite would have to be winning our class at the 06 Baja 500. It was just one of those days, the one where everything just goes perfect. Nothing was going to stop us. Haven't had a race like that since! Smile What was your favorite time?
BobbyM wrote:
i got 2nd in a trans-ama race a long time ago...was pretty stoked about it.
And with one leg yet. That's better than Bubba going from last to first Budds Creek on the KX 125!!!
tvo314
11/10/2014 12:35am
I don't really like too much attention so I don't post under my real name. But what the hell; some of you may not have realized that I am THE 2002 OMC Summer Series 125cc JR Champion of Boise Idaho. I may not have won an overall the whole season, but just like Langston and his title, it was consistency that got us to the top of MX. After reaching such heights, I have to admit, it was pretty tough to find the motivation to continue on with the grind. So just like when JMB conquered the sport before me, I moved on to other challenges like the ISDE qualifier in Idaho City, which ended with me in an ambulance for both of my attempts. So I guess the moral of the story is to sandbag as much as possible because life is too short and precious not to.
wfo4ever
11/10/2014 6:26am
1st Place 250 C Class at Dade City Motocross in 1989.

Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
11/10/2014 12:33pm
My son. I wasn't shit on a bike, I knew a lot about technique and I raced a lot... but I never had a complete program and most important the balls! My boy makes me proud every day, he is magnetic to the right people, he chose to ride (I didn't really want to go through it again) also, I just got to see him and my whole family on "On any sunday", he's all over it and now a part of history. Cheesy, I know but he already casts a big shadow over his Dad and he's 8.
JW381
11/10/2014 3:35pm
tvo314 wrote:
I don't really like too much attention so I don't post under my real name. But what the hell; some of you may not have realized...
I don't really like too much attention so I don't post under my real name. But what the hell; some of you may not have realized that I am THE 2002 OMC Summer Series 125cc JR Champion of Boise Idaho. I may not have won an overall the whole season, but just like Langston and his title, it was consistency that got us to the top of MX. After reaching such heights, I have to admit, it was pretty tough to find the motivation to continue on with the grind. So just like when JMB conquered the sport before me, I moved on to other challenges like the ISDE qualifier in Idaho City, which ended with me in an ambulance for both of my attempts. So I guess the moral of the story is to sandbag as much as possible because life is too short and precious not to.
Duuuuude I didn't know we had a high profile celeb rider on the boards Shocked
JW381
11/10/2014 3:36pm
Spending all the quality time with my son, Didnt matter if he won or got lapped, as long as we didnt have to stop at the...
Spending all the quality time with my son, Didnt matter if he won or got lapped, as long as we didnt have to stop at the hospitol on the way home it was a good day. Seeing all the parents that are out of touch with they're kids and have nothing in common with them makes me realize how special that time was.
Gotta agree here, but from the oppasite side. Me and my dad spent years together at the races, i dont see him much these days. Good...
Gotta agree here, but from the oppasite side. Me and my dad spent years together at the races, i dont see him much these days.

Good times, the best.
So true, I miss riding with my dad so much. I try to get him to come watch at least when I ride, but he's too busy. I get to ride the dunes with my girlfriend and that is pretty special. She's really not bad for a chick, I've been subtly training her.
moscrop940
11/10/2014 3:53pm
4th place at mammoth in 2010. Pulling the holeshot in the morning qualifier was pretty rad too

But honestly an even bigger accomplishment came from that same weekend. LSS I grew up with an older brother who was better then me at EVERYTHING. Didn't matter what it was, he was better. Well that weekend I was faster then my brother, and the lap times below prove it

I know to some people it may seem petty, but if it was between the bear I won or the lap time sheets above, i would toss the bear in the trash and keep the proof that for one day, just one day, I was faster then my big brother.

bvm111
11/10/2014 7:40pm
After 12 years off from riding I grew the balls to start riding again. I waited 2 motos at the track entrance during open practice literally shaking in my boots. (multiple deployments and never was shaking like this)

Finally I pulled out on the track and by the 5th lap I hucked the biggest table and cleared it like I never stopped riding with the biggest grin on my face.

So finally not worrying what people thought was dangerous, or irresponsible, and getting back out there and riding is my biggest accomplishment!
FWYT
11/10/2014 8:52pm
Being 50 years old and still healthy and strong enough to ride decently and
have enough fun to justify the expense.
11/10/2014 9:48pm
Quite a few holeshots, and a few third places in 250C.
I am still struggling with keeping it together an entire race, I think a lot of that has to do with being out of shape.
Gebken40
11/11/2014 4:37am
2003 Midwest Spring Series Champion - first championship ever

2004 Branson USA Nationals 125 C mod 5th place overall - best overall finish at an amateur national

2005 Loretta Lynn’s Amateur National Motocross Championships 21st overall - swept all the motos in my area qualifiers

2006 Missouri State Series 2nd overall in 125 B, 2nd overall in 16-24, 2nd overall in Big Bike Open - lost one of the championships in the final moto of the series after leading and falling. sad day.

2007 Millville AMA Pro National Amateur day 7th overall in 125 B, 19th overall in 16-24 B - was winning the 16-24 class by about 15 seconds after the second lap when i swapped out and ate my lunch.

2010 Millville AMA Pro National Amateur day 8th overall in 250 A, 9th overall in 14-24 A - decided last minute to go to the race and drive from KC up to Millville. Slept in my truck and only had one sight lap. pulled a second place start in the first moto and ran with it. the top 4 of us were about 30 seconds ahead of everyone else.

2013 Missouri State Motocross Champion in 16-24, 4th overall in 450A, 5th overall in 250A - first state championship. huge accomplishment fo rme.
CCMX
11/11/2014 7:38am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2014 7:41am
1981 - 3rd, 5th and 7th o/a Ponca City

2nd and 4th o/a World Mini

3rd and 5th o/a Lake Whitney

Still have most of the trophies, probably best year I had.

There is a photo and write up in cycle news from Ponca that year, me and a guy named John Kitsch battling for the lead, he got me.
Flatliner
11/11/2014 10:14am
Managed to stay injury free the past few seasons. Worked on technique, and becoming smoother on an old 125, so I'll better use and appreciate a more modern bike with more power.

Sometimes it's the little things.
BobbyM
11/11/2014 11:41am
tvo314 wrote:
I don't really like too much attention so I don't post under my real name. But what the hell; some of you may not have realized...
Cherry pickin attention whore ... Smile
BobbyM
11/11/2014 11:43am
Gebken40 wrote:
2003 Midwest Spring Series Champion - first championship ever 2004 Branson USA Nationals 125 C mod 5th place overall - best overall finish at an amateur...
2003 Midwest Spring Series Champion - first championship ever

2004 Branson USA Nationals 125 C mod 5th place overall - best overall finish at an amateur national

2005 Loretta Lynn’s Amateur National Motocross Championships 21st overall - swept all the motos in my area qualifiers

2006 Missouri State Series 2nd overall in 125 B, 2nd overall in 16-24, 2nd overall in Big Bike Open - lost one of the championships in the final moto of the series after leading and falling. sad day.

2007 Millville AMA Pro National Amateur day 7th overall in 125 B, 19th overall in 16-24 B - was winning the 16-24 class by about 15 seconds after the second lap when i swapped out and ate my lunch.

2010 Millville AMA Pro National Amateur day 8th overall in 250 A, 9th overall in 14-24 A - decided last minute to go to the race and drive from KC up to Millville. Slept in my truck and only had one sight lap. pulled a second place start in the first moto and ran with it. the top 4 of us were about 30 seconds ahead of everyone else.

2013 Missouri State Motocross Champion in 16-24, 4th overall in 450A, 5th overall in 250A - first state championship. huge accomplishment fo rme.
Cool story.
bd
11/11/2014 11:51am
HOF Thread
bd
11/11/2014 11:54am
Mine - My first race was was the 1991 Vegas AM Supercross race (day after the pros raced). I raced the intermediate class and finished in the top ten. The S CA racers were extremely fast.
bd
11/11/2014 12:04pm
hellion wrote:
1981. I was racing the 100cc expert class. Usually finishing 3rd to 5th. About half way through the year a friend of mine, who was regularly...
1981. I was racing the 100cc expert class. Usually finishing 3rd to 5th. About half way through the year a friend of mine, who was regularly beating me, named Pete Rodovich, was killed on his way home from the southwick national.
A few weeks later the southwick promoter put on a big benefit race for his family. The family was understandably devastated by the loss of their son. Anyhow, the Rodovich's had some bad blood with the kid who had been winning every week. His mom came to me the morning of the race and asked me to win the trophy for them that day. Honestly, though I had finished third a few times, I never really even saw the two guys who would run away from the pack in every Moto.
But, something happened that day. Whatever she said to me, or whatever I was feeling unlocked something in me I never knew I had. I started in the top five, went to the front and ran away to win 1-1. I gave his family the biggest trophy I had ever won and everyone was crying. I still think about that day often. His family, and Pete in a way, had given me the gift of learning to believe in myself.
UpTiTe wrote:
You win.
Wow! Awesome
YamaLink
11/11/2014 3:14pm
Bob Hannah honked his Range Rover at me and waved on Sunday.
MarkF
12/1/2014 5:08pm
UpTiTe wrote:
I podiumed a national once.
I had a good buddy named Eric McKenna who podiumed one time in his career. He finished 3rd at Broome in 1983. We had some good times on the road with him and his mechanic Perry.
MarkF
12/1/2014 5:36pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Still Racing at 51
Right on! I'm 52 and racing most weekends.
MXBREWSKI
12/1/2014 5:52pm
Hangtown and Mammoth in the Novice classes, and like the other OG's still riding at 51 years old.

Post a reply to: Your biggest Moto accomplishment??

The Latest