Makeup 2 Mud rant

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2019 11:05 AM

Last week I defended the episode on a thread.

This week, after finding out about muh "Toxic Masculinity" and muh "Man Spreading", (Thanks Gillette!) I hit the rev limiter when I heard "Female" and "Empowering" in the same sentence. Are us men really holding women back so much these days and are we really so toxic?

This PC crap double speak and standard needs to go. I am watching for the racing, not "muh feels".

Flame away or agree with me?

Rant/off

Makeup 2 Mud

View Results

|

1/20/2019 11:07 AM

Yeah i wasnt a fan. Leave sx out of the pc social justice fight club thanks.

|

1/20/2019 11:09 AM

I pissed myself laughing over the big celebration when she went over the log. Male or female I think a toodler on a tricycle could of made it over that

|

1/20/2019 11:14 AM

Hard for me to vote on this really. I honestly love seeing women getting into the sport. Weather it being MX , off road or just some light trail riding. I don't care for the stupid PC stuff , but the chick's that I know , that ride , don't act like that.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/20/2019 11:16 AM

In

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

1/20/2019 11:32 AM

VetMX.com wrote:

Last week I defended the episode on a thread.

This week, after finding out about muh "Toxic Masculinity" and muh "Man Spreading", (Thanks Gillette!) I hit the rev limiter when I heard "Female" and "Empowering" in the same sentence. Are us men really holding women back so much these days and are we really so toxic?

This PC crap double speak and standard needs to go. I am watching for the racing, not "muh feels".

Flame away or agree with me?

Rant/off

Yeah, I agree. The M2M is OK, but enough of the girl power crap. And no, we are not holding back women or minorities for that fact. That is a political ploy to downplay the importance of the working white male in society. It all goes out the window when you see a woman of any race hop out of her new Porsche SUV to go into Target. Somehow I just don't feel sorry for them.

|

1/20/2019 11:35 AM

It’s not for you. Go take a shit or grab a beer while it’s on. Only have so much energy in a day, why waste it on bitching about shit that doesn’t matter.

|

1/20/2019 11:38 AM

The irony of this thread is resplendid.

“People addressing the problems they have with something is so annoying that I am going to make a thread addressing the problems I have with people addressing their problems.”

|

1/20/2019 11:42 AM

She's a hairstylist that's helping to grow the sport. Good on her!

|

1/20/2019 11:44 AM

It’s cool to see girls getting out and riding dirtbikes and getting others involved also but this is over glorified

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

1/20/2019 11:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 11:47 AM

The whole deal is a bit sub-par but they really mean good and are trying to build the sport, be it social riding or whatever.

Don't sweat the things you can't change. I use all the bullshit as Mini pit-stops...replenish the drinks and snacks....

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

1/20/2019 11:47 AM

Ted722 wrote:

She's a hairstylist that's helping to grow the sport. Good on her!

I agree smile
Thank you for the help yesterday
After i figured out how to get the message
(It was in spam folder) it worked like a charm

|

1/20/2019 11:48 AM

I like it. Thought it was done pretty well.

|

1/20/2019 11:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 1:35 PM

You are literally complaining about “muh feels” because *gasp* 3 minutes of the broadcast are given to human interest stories focused on women in what is otherwise one of the most male-dominant sports out there.

Pretty sure that makes you a snowflake.

I’d rather watch that segment than another 8 photos of people in gear with dirt bikes in their living room. That shit gets old in no time

|

1/20/2019 12:03 PM

I like the concept but generally I find it doesnt focus on or even promote the fact that women can participate in the sport on a competitive level. I'd like to see them use the platform to promote women who are busting their ass to chase the dream. Sort of how they do with the "science of supercross " segments. Show women that not only can they navigate a pile of rocks but they can actually get out there and bang bars.

|

1/20/2019 12:04 PM

We don't need a poll for this every Sunday.

|

1/20/2019 1:12 PM

I don’t know but wow Julianna Daniels? eyes are stunning.

|

1/20/2019 1:19 PM

You're an old schmuck!
Gillette rules!!!
laughing

|

1/20/2019 1:35 PM

yz133rider wrote:

Absolutely

|

1/20/2019 1:44 PM

Women getting into the sport = fantastic, i fully support it.

Woman pretending theyre inferior to men = needs to stop. Its not true. The 50’s have come and gone. Feminism has turned into women wanting attention and special treatment for no reason. It needs to stop. THAT attitude is toxic if anything else.

|

1/20/2019 1:59 PM

Real men bring woman to the track. And, while they're out turning laps, the woman are making the sandwiches. A bonus if they can also wash the bikes. wink

|

1/20/2019 2:10 PM

Did you guys know Dean Wilson is a privateer? He sells tshirts and hoodies.

|

1/20/2019 2:14 PM

yz133rider wrote:

I didn't pay much attention to the segment so did I miss them making this a PC social issue? To me it just seems like a somewhat cheesy way to try and attract a few more female viewers and maybe even riders to the sport, and thats it. In no way did it seem like some feminist statement.

|

1/20/2019 2:18 PM

I'd rather watch an 8 minute 125 race!

|

1/20/2019 2:19 PM

Texas Built wrote:

Did you guys know Dean Wilson is a privateer? He sells tshirts and hoodies.

You sirlaughing

|

1/20/2019 2:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2019 7:48 PM

I brought this up and got flamed here for it. I could care less but how about switching it up. They had war fighter made, then make up to mud, what about something else like special olympics or another demographic / cause. Just a bit frustrating seeing it 2 years in a row and it does seem like they are really pushing the whole female movement thing, I dont know, I get it women in the sport is great, etc, but it seems a bit much at this point.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

1/20/2019 2:23 PM

After watching it last night, my wife proclaimed she wanted to come out and have a go at riding.

It ironic that such a manly sport has so many snowflakes that complain about everything

|

1/20/2019 2:32 PM

The m2m commercials are just way too cringe. My chick says it makes her feel embarrassed to be a girl that likes riding dirt bikes and then to be portrayed like that on TV.

I get that it’s Toyota’s money and they can advertise however they want, and that it’s great having a big name like Toyota associated with SX. But they’ve gotta make it less cringy and weird.

|

1/20/2019 2:57 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

The m2m commercials are just way too cringe. My chick says it makes her feel embarrassed to be a girl that likes riding dirt bikes and then to be portrayed like that on TV.

I get that it’s Toyota’s money and they can advertise however they want, and that it’s great having a big name like Toyota associated with SX. But they’ve gotta make it less cringy and weird.

My wife likes the segments and doesn't see it that way at all.

|

1/20/2019 3:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2019 3:06 PM

I run to the tv to watch that about as fast as i run to the fences to watch the 50cc beginners pound laps on race day...... Future of the sport and all......

|