Well this is different

Acidreamer
Posts
1793
Joined
8/25/2015
Location
Mansfield, OH, USA
Edited Date/Time 12/23/2017 10:19am
|
12/22/2017 9:14am
my buddies are at the ville right now was trying to find out if it happened over a jump
chuckie108
Posts
835
Joined
2/8/2012
Location
Mira Loma, CA, USA
12/22/2017 9:16am
Too much heat when they powder coated it?

The Shop

leighracer
Posts
115
Joined
7/25/2009
Location
Murrieta, CA, USA
12/22/2017 9:20am
Sprocket bolts were over torqued. Excess force had to go somewhere.
slowgti
Posts
1010
Joined
1/14/2016
Location
Monroe, GA, USA
12/22/2017 9:23am
Linkage bolts not greased well enough
BobPA
Posts
8339
Joined
10/31/2013
Location
USA
12/22/2017 9:24am
Frozen linkage bearings
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
12/22/2017 9:46am
I've seen and messed with some pretty bad linkage bearings in the past , but can't remember ever seeing a swingarm break like that.
Moto520
Posts
3666
Joined
2/4/2013
Location
Schaumburg, IL, USA
12/22/2017 9:53am
I have never seen that! 27 years of riding and this is a first.
KMC440
Posts
7764
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
12/22/2017 9:54am
War
sleeve1
Posts
698
Joined
11/24/2013
Location
Meadville, PA, USA
Fantasy
12/22/2017 10:04am
Maybe the rear shock didn't compress on landing?

This a first for me as well.
slipdog
Posts
10054
Joined
7/25/2009
Location
Nor Cal, CA, USA
12/22/2017 10:08am
Pfft... KTM's suck!
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
12/22/2017 10:15am
Well ,his brother Matt posts on here quite a bit. Wonder if he'll chime in. I'm almost thinking a shock failure of some type with a hard impact.
Bruce372
Posts
6329
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
12/22/2017 10:19am
There were a few cracked swingbarms on Suzuki 2 strokes back in the day, so maybe they didn't notice the crack building underneath the powder coat?
Falcon
Posts
12605
Joined
11/16/2011
Location
Menifee, CA, USA
12/22/2017 10:40am
That right thur is a 2-stroke, ladies and gents. It must have come on the pipe so hard it snapped the goldarn swingarm!
Bultaco
Posts
1745
Joined
1/20/2014
Location
Planet, VT, USA
12/22/2017 11:25am
"I rebuilt my own shock. Filled 'er to the top with 90wgt to take the big hits. Now this....I don't get it?" Blink Blink Sad
early
Posts
10103
Joined
2/13/2013
Location
University Heights, OH, USA
12/22/2017 11:38am
But how much does it weigh ready to ride?
Markee
Posts
3669
Joined
4/15/2013
Location
Suffolk, VA, USA
12/22/2017 12:12pm
early wrote:
But how much does it weigh ready to ride?
A 10+ year hold suzuki? Not sure what you are getting at.
752dad
Posts
601
Joined
11/24/2014
Location
Hartland, MI, USA
12/22/2017 12:52pm
chuckie108 wrote:
Too much heat when they powder coated it?
Yup.
Check out what 350°f does to aluminum heat treat.
KC
Zesiger 112
Posts
2391
Joined
3/4/2013
Location
Galveston, TX, USA
12/22/2017 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 12/22/2017 1:08pm
I came on here to post this, beat me to it, what happens when you go too big.
I wonder what sound it made.
12/22/2017 1:30pm
slipdog wrote:
Pfft... KTM's suck!
It’s a Suzuki
moore433
Posts
525
Joined
11/2/2011
Location
Denton, TX, USA
12/22/2017 2:18pm
Wow, what a low rider!!!!
imoto34
Posts
3786
Joined
1/28/2010
Location
USA
12/22/2017 4:06pm
Hope the rider is okay. Seems like it would be jumping off a 6 story building to do that.
12/22/2017 4:54pm
Low center of gravity= better corners
user760a
Posts
1210
Joined
9/15/2008
Location
Shelby, NC, USA
12/22/2017 4:59pm
massive jumps on old bike?

as a side note, what is the fascination with pouring money into rebuilding old beaters when KTM, Husky, and other Euro brands offer modern two strokes? people just love to tinker I guess
BobPA
Posts
8339
Joined
10/31/2013
Location
USA
12/22/2017 6:11pm
user760a wrote:
massive jumps on old bike? as a side note, what is the fascination with pouring money into rebuilding old beaters when KTM, Husky, and other Euro...
massive jumps on old bike?

as a side note, what is the fascination with pouring money into rebuilding old beaters when KTM, Husky, and other Euro brands offer modern two strokes? people just love to tinker I guess
As a guy who is currently building a KX 125, I think it is just the fun and pride of the build. Anyone can buy a bike, only a few have the patience and skill to build one.

Plus it is still half the price to buy and rebuild one from the ground up.
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
12/22/2017 6:35pm
user760a wrote:
massive jumps on old bike? as a side note, what is the fascination with pouring money into rebuilding old beaters when KTM, Husky, and other Euro...
massive jumps on old bike?

as a side note, what is the fascination with pouring money into rebuilding old beaters when KTM, Husky, and other Euro brands offer modern two strokes? people just love to tinker I guess
Well , I own both. Nothing wrong with finding an older bike with low hours. And I can also say first hand , that these newer bikes aint got much on my 06' RM 250. I love my new Husky , but gawd dang I love the hell out of my old RM....she's a blast to ride.
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68095
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
12/22/2017 6:37pm
slipdog wrote:
Pfft... KTM's suck!
Cale_Barr wrote:
It’s a Suzuki
You missed the sarcasm. According to some people only KTM's suck and snap in half. That couldn't be further from the truth.

No idea what happened but that won't buff out.
oilman400
Posts
679
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Winters, CA, USA
12/22/2017 6:52pm
chuckie108 wrote:
Too much heat when they powder coated it?
752dad wrote:
Yup.
Check out what 350°f does to aluminum heat treat.
KC
Please elaborate on this.....

Post a reply to: Well this is different

The Latest