Vital MX Poll: Should Chad Reed Receive a Penalty?

FolkLoar
4/2/2017 6:28am
Immature as f@*k coming from the oldest rider out there.. I bet Ronnie Ford would have known to move out of the way.
ge217
4/2/2017 6:32am
kkawboy14 wrote:
While I personally think he should have moved over, I also don't think he did anything wrong. I guarantee Dungey's words and actions earlier got Reed...
While I personally think he should have moved over, I also don't think he did anything wrong.

I guarantee Dungey's words and actions earlier got Reed worked up. Dungey learned a lot last night, you really do need friends on the race track.

Lappers are part of the show!
You're kinda contradicting yourself here aren't you ? First you say you think he should have moved over. Then you end the sentence with I dont think he did anything wrong. Then why do you feel he should have moved over then if he was doing nothing wrong?
kkawboy14
4/2/2017 6:32am
FolkLoar wrote:
Immature as f@*k coming from the oldest rider out there.. I bet Ronnie Ford would have known to move out of the way.
He dropped Ronnie Ford on the 3rd whoop!
selous scout
Ft Victoria Rhodesia/ Jarrettsville Md/, MD US
Fantasy
3951st
4/2/2017 6:35am
Typical shyte behavior in America now. No consequences no penalties F the rules, America is turning out to be a third world country. Keep that little bitch Reed out of Western Australia hey.

The Shop

FolkLoar
4/2/2017 6:36am
FolkLoar wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Figured this thread could use a little humor
kkawboy14
4/2/2017 6:39am
kkawboy14 wrote:
While I personally think he should have moved over, I also don't think he did anything wrong. I guarantee Dungey's words and actions earlier got Reed...
While I personally think he should have moved over, I also don't think he did anything wrong.

I guarantee Dungey's words and actions earlier got Reed worked up. Dungey learned a lot last night, you really do need friends on the race track.

ge217 wrote:
You're kinda contradicting yourself here aren't you ? First you say you think he should have moved over. Then you end the sentence with I dont...
You're kinda contradicting yourself here aren't you ? First you say you think he should have moved over. Then you end the sentence with I dont think he did anything wrong. Then why do you feel he should have moved over then if he was doing nothing wrong?
There is a measure of courtesy I would like if I was racing but I also believe the guy doesn't have to move over.

Not really a contradiction.
kkawboy14
4/2/2017 6:39am
FolkLoar wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
FolkLoar wrote:
Figured this thread could use a little humor
Me too Smile
flyinb501
Fantasy
338th
4/2/2017 6:44am
Was what Dungey said after the heat race really so bad? Two weeks in a row Reed has been racing Dungey in the heats like it's the last lap of an lcq for the last spot. Dungey was understandably frustrated. What Reed did in the main is unacceptable. He did everything he could to keep Dungey behind him, dropping his lap times significantly.

I'm sorry but the guy is immature, and a prick as well. I don't understand why people worship him the way they do. He's had 2 - 3 good races in the last couple years. He'll get 10th place and say "at worst I was a 2nd place guy tonight". Lol
kkawboy14
4/2/2017 6:53am
flyinb501 wrote:
Was what Dungey said after the heat race really so bad? Two weeks in a row Reed has been racing Dungey in the heats like it's...
Was what Dungey said after the heat race really so bad? Two weeks in a row Reed has been racing Dungey in the heats like it's the last lap of an lcq for the last spot. Dungey was understandably frustrated. What Reed did in the main is unacceptable. He did everything he could to keep Dungey behind him, dropping his lap times significantly.

I'm sorry but the guy is immature, and a prick as well. I don't understand why people worship him the way they do. He's had 2 - 3 good races in the last couple years. He'll get 10th place and say "at worst I was a 2nd place guy tonight". Lol
In 3 laps how much slower per lap did Dungey ride behind Reed?

Less than a second per lap?
flyinb501
Fantasy
338th
4/2/2017 6:58am
flyinb501 wrote:
Was what Dungey said after the heat race really so bad? Two weeks in a row Reed has been racing Dungey in the heats like it's...

kkawboy14 wrote:

Reed did everything he could to keep Dungey behind him. If you can't admit that than there is no point in arguing with you. And if you can admit it and think it's okay to do that as a lapper, then there is also no point in arguing with you.
yorkts
4/2/2017 6:59am
ML512 wrote:
Lots of discussion going on...you can share your opinion here but we also have a poll question "Do you rank Chad Reed's blocking/holding up of Ryan...
Lots of discussion going on...you can share your opinion here but we also have a poll question "Do you rank Chad Reed's blocking/holding up of Ryan Dungey tonight a bad enough offense to receive a penalty?"

AMA Rulebook section on the blueflag is below the poll.

{poll:102}

From the AMA Rulebook:
4.17 Flags and Lights
It is the rider’s responsibility to be aware of their surroundings
at all times while on track. Safety is a main priority and the
riders must obey all official signals and directions given to
them. Any rider failing to do so may be penalized.
a. Solid Blue Flag:
1. Indicates you are about to be overtaken by faster riders.
2. When conditions allow, move out of the fast line.
3. Hold your line (don’t ride erratically) and do not impede the
faster riders progress.
4. Riders disregarding the blue flag may be black-flagged at
the discretion of Race Director.

Sat. 4/1 St. Louis Supercross, was the poorest display of sportsmanship by Yahama sponsored rider Chad Reed? Just in case you don't know what the blue flag means, it's let the lapper by. Personally the AMA should have black flagged Chad Reed. If the AMA does not handle this is will be really sad for the sport. ( Rider John Tomac was leading Ryan Dungey, with about 9 minutes to go.Chad Reed a past champion was was about to be lapped by Dungey. At this point Dungey was gaining on Tomac, then about 2sec. behind. But because Reed decided to ignore the blue flag, he held Dungey up for at least 3 laps. Dungey was leading the Championship points by 7, now 4 thanks to the in sportsmanship of Chad Reed).
Why do we have rules? What will the governing body American Motorcycle Ass. do?
ruy
4/2/2017 7:01am
Penalty for Reed and penalty to the AMA for not to put this penalty. The rules are clear.
kkawboy14
4/2/2017 7:02am
flyinb501 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

flyinb501 wrote:
Reed did everything he could to keep Dungey behind him. If you can't admit that than there is no point in arguing with you. And if...
Reed did everything he could to keep Dungey behind him. If you can't admit that than there is no point in arguing with you. And if you can admit it and think it's okay to do that as a lapper, then there is also no point in arguing with you.
Oh it was obvious Reed wasn't gonna move over, Dungey didn't pass him till he made a mistake, riding over his head.

Reed wasn't cross jumping or going down the whoops sideways tho, It really was Dungey's job to pass him. Tomac admitted people didn't just roll over for him also.
rutcross
4/2/2017 7:03am
yorkts wrote:
Sat. 4/1 St. Louis Supercross, was the poorest display of sportsmanship by Yahama sponsored rider Chad Reed? Just in case you don't know what the blue...
Sat. 4/1 St. Louis Supercross, was the poorest display of sportsmanship by Yahama sponsored rider Chad Reed? Just in case you don't know what the blue flag means, it's let the lapper by. Personally the AMA should have black flagged Chad Reed. If the AMA does not handle this is will be really sad for the sport. ( Rider John Tomac was leading Ryan Dungey, with about 9 minutes to go.Chad Reed a past champion was was about to be lapped by Dungey. At this point Dungey was gaining on Tomac, then about 2sec. behind. But because Reed decided to ignore the blue flag, he held Dungey up for at least 3 laps. Dungey was leading the Championship points by 7, now 4 thanks to the in sportsmanship of Chad Reed).
The championship battle is down to 4 points because Tomac beat Dungey.
4/2/2017 7:04am
yak651 wrote:
For all those saying Dungey is a puss for not punting Reed, I somewhat agree, but maybe he's smart enough to realize he does that and...
For all those saying Dungey is a puss for not punting Reed, I somewhat agree, but maybe he's smart enough to realize he does that and it goes wrong and he goes down, and takes spokes out of his wheel or bends a rotor and now he's loosing more points...He had a ton more to loose than Reed. I thought there was no way Reed should've gotten the black flag with the Canard incident, but in this case definitely. I know JT$ and Pulp Guy are Reed's buddy, and cool to have your buddy's back but come on...
For all those saying Dungey is a puss for not punting Reed,

'All those' have a really short memory. Just look at what happened to Savatgy after he collided with a lapper.
4/2/2017 7:07am
yorkts wrote:
Sat. 4/1 St. Louis Supercross, was the poorest display of sportsmanship by Yahama sponsored rider Chad Reed? Just in case you don't know what the blue...
Rider John Tomac was leading Ryan Dungey, with about 9 minutes to go.

Eli's father beat Ryan Dungey? Huh
DL
4/2/2017 7:09am
Clear as day... Dungey catches him at the end of his 16th lap while Reed is finishing his most recent 3.5 second slower lap. Douche Douche...
Clear as day...

Reed's a DB

Dungey catches him at the end of his 16th lap while Reed is finishing his most recent 3.5 second slower lap.

Douche Douche then proceeds to up his pace for the next two laps by 1.8 and 1.5 seconds respectively whilst blue flags are waiving in his face.
Here's my reply to JT$. This is a great analysis of Reed's intentions. Nobody in their right mind should condone Reed's racing and there should be a substantial penalty handed out by the AMA. Reed's racing would not be tolerated in any other Motorsport. My comment on kicking Reed in the nut sack is a joke and JT you know that based on my standing up against violence on and off the track. I get that you're not a fan and I chalk up your comment as a misguided dig based on your opinion of me personaly.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
4/2/2017 7:10am
KurtJ99 wrote:
Absolutely. Rewind of 1986 Anaheim supercross. Reed is Burnworth, Dungey is Johnson, Tomas is Bailey. Paybacks a beyotch. 30:22 Johnson takes out Burnworth 36 Burnworth impedes...
Absolutely. Rewind of 1986 Anaheim supercross. Reed is Burnworth, Dungey is Johnson, Tomas is Bailey. Paybacks a beyotch.
30:22 Johnson takes out Burnworth
36 Burnworth impedes Johnson as he is being lapped. Bailey catches Johnson
https://youtu.be/ZoAWX7MJ5VQ
Yep, good find on that one. Johnson was such an as-
MX-LIFE.
4/2/2017 7:14am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 7:15am
ML512 wrote:
Depending upon how his contract is written, benching him for the remaining races might actually affect his paycheck from his team. This depends of course if...
Depending upon how his contract is written, benching him for the remaining races might actually affect his paycheck from his team. This depends of course if being benched works the same as injury clauses in his contract and if he has said clauses in his contract (if you miss X amount of races, X amount of dollars is cut from your contract pay). But, that's a bunch of ifs depending upon his contract and a possible penalty triggering any existing clauses.
Jt$ wrote:
So you're saying they might hand out one of the most severe penalties in the history of SX (suspending for 4 races) for disregarding a blue...
So you're saying they might hand out one of the most severe penalties in the history of SX (suspending for 4 races) for disregarding a blue flag? Alrighty, just wanted to clarify.
Yeah I didn't get that either..But anyway how did Reed hold up Dungey? If Dungey​ was the faster rider he should have been able to pass, hey Reed was Racing for 16th place so what if he was in the racing line Dungey seemed to just follow Reed around as if he was scared to pass him or I guess he figured Reed would just pull over lol he figured wrong and in the heat race Reed agian didn't do anything dirty he was racing for the win! My question is what did Dungey do to piss Reed off? Anyone know??
kkawboy14
4/2/2017 7:14am
Clear as day... Dungey catches him at the end of his 16th lap while Reed is finishing his most recent 3.5 second slower lap. Douche Douche...
Clear as day...

Reed's a DB

Dungey catches him at the end of his 16th lap while Reed is finishing his most recent 3.5 second slower lap.

Douche Douche then proceeds to up his pace for the next two laps by 1.8 and 1.5 seconds respectively whilst blue flags are waiving in his face.
DL wrote:
Here's my reply to JT$. This is a great analysis of Reed's intentions. Nobody in their right mind should condone Reed's racing and there should be...
Here's my reply to JT$. This is a great analysis of Reed's intentions. Nobody in their right mind should condone Reed's racing and there should be a substantial penalty handed out by the AMA. Reed's racing would not be tolerated in any other Motorsport. My comment on kicking Reed in the nut sack is a joke and JT you know that based on my standing up against violence on and off the track. I get that you're not a fan and I chalk up your comment as a misguided dig based on your opinion of me personaly.
What laps were Dungey slowed down to the same speed as Reed on that chart? I only see lap 17
ge217
4/2/2017 7:17am
kkawboy14 wrote:
There is a measure of courtesy I would like if I was racing but I also believe the guy doesn't have to move over. Not really...
There is a measure of courtesy I would like if I was racing but I also believe the guy doesn't have to move over.

Not really a contradiction.
You're pretty much saying it was wrong of him not to pull over and then turn around and say he wasn't wrong... which one is it? You should also lookup the word but and figure out how to use it. You know what the rules read. If you feel you need to misinterpret them to justify what you feel is right. Then continue.

The facts you can't hide are dungey was catching tomac. We don't know if dungey would have won or if tomac would have just pulled back away. Reed did hinder dungey in his quest to latch back onto tomac. The pretty much state you can't do that? Not one time did reed try to get out of the main line. After the tunnel down the start straight reed could have easily gotten out of the way. Instead he finally got out of the main line after he missed a triple causing dungey to miss it as well ...
mxridr
4/2/2017 7:23am
Reed looked like a rank amateur in the heat race, practically falling off the bike, then fully cutting across the track in the whoops on Dungey. Needing a heat win for his fragile ego, he's willing to punt championship contenders. Go home Reed.

Anyone remember Craig cutting over on Savatgy, this is why you DON'T cut over in the whoops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jg-0Mh1ZuQ

But wait theres more! Butt hurt reed decides it's not ok for Dungey to make note of Reeds STUPID riding, so he acts like a road block (his best skill) while getting LAPPED. Reed makes himself look pathetic in this case.

yak651
Fantasy
214th
4/2/2017 7:28am
Clear as day...

Reed's a DB

DL wrote:
Here's my reply to JT$. This is a great analysis of Reed's intentions. Nobody in their right mind should condone Reed's racing and there should be...
kkawboy14 wrote:
What laps were Dungey slowed down to the same speed as Reed on that chart? I only see lap 17
Really? Did you look at the chart and see laps 16 and 17? After he finally got by the road black he was most likely saying F-it I'm over this.
jonesaustin
4/2/2017 7:32am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 7:33am
kkawboy14 wrote:

ge217 wrote:
You're kinda contradicting yourself here aren't you ? First you say you think he should have moved over. Then you end the sentence with I dont...
Because we're living in 2017 when you can have 2 truths at the same time.

Just seeing that there even IS a debate about this on "Vital" is, well the word is just sad. Your emotions WHATEVER they may be going into a race, is never justification for some sort of retaliation - especially on someone leading the points in arguably the most prestigious motorcycle competition on the planet.

To think otherwise means you're not thinking. End of story.
kkawboy14
4/2/2017 7:41am
What I would want and what I think the rules call for can be 2 different things without being a contradiction.
Subie4lyfe
4/2/2017 7:44am
DL wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Really? Did you look at the chart and see laps 16 and 17? After he finally got by the road black he was most likely saying...
Really? Did you look at the chart and see laps 16 and 17? After he finally got by the road black he was most likely saying F-it I'm over this.
I get RD may have been slowed down by CR looking at lap times, but has anyone looked at RD vs ET lap times laps 21-Finish? Looks as if RD slowed down again and more...why? Did he give up the chase and Settle for second? I doubt there could have been a Battle with Eli for the lead if he wasn't on his pace. I get the championship is more important than one race but in racing "if you ain't first your last"
lando356
4/2/2017 7:45am
Lost a lot of respect for Reed, watching that..
4/2/2017 7:46am
ML512 wrote:
Lots of discussion going on...you can share your opinion here but we also have a poll question "Do you rank Chad Reed's blocking/holding up of Ryan...
Lots of discussion going on...you can share your opinion here but we also have a poll question "Do you rank Chad Reed's blocking/holding up of Ryan Dungey tonight a bad enough offense to receive a penalty?"

AMA Rulebook section on the blueflag is below the poll.

{poll:102}

From the AMA Rulebook:
4.17 Flags and Lights
It is the rider’s responsibility to be aware of their surroundings
at all times while on track. Safety is a main priority and the
riders must obey all official signals and directions given to
them. Any rider failing to do so may be penalized.
a. Solid Blue Flag:
1. Indicates you are about to be overtaken by faster riders.
2. When conditions allow, move out of the fast line.
3. Hold your line (don’t ride erratically) and do not impede the
faster riders progress.
4. Riders disregarding the blue flag may be black-flagged at
the discretion of Race Director.

yorkts wrote:
What in the actual fuck?

Post a reply to: Vital MX Poll: Should Chad Reed Receive a Penalty?

The Latest