Vital MX Poll: Should Chad Reed Receive a Penalty?

agn5009
4/2/2017 2:57pm
Bineano wrote:
No penalty, but come on Chad...you have more class than that. Zero reason (that I'm aware of) to pull that. And even if there IS reason...
No penalty, but come on Chad...you have more class than that.
Zero reason (that I'm aware of) to pull that.
And even if there IS reason, stay classy Man...
My Wife even commented "Why is he doing that?".
We are huge 22 fans by the way, that dropped the bar a pinch :-(
He has more class than That? Since when?

The Shop

gt80rider
4/2/2017 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 3:16pm
Sport has a ton of problems. No clear solution to lapping is one.

A joker lane that is FASTER is certainly one solution...
I am a big fan of this one, just like they used in the aussie supercross series.

But the solution is already in the rulebook, it's called a Black flag.
gt80rider
4/2/2017 3:26pm
Looks like there's going to be some beef in the AMA world. I'm happy with Reed. Dungey talked smack because he is an arrogant douche and...
Looks like there's going to be some beef in the AMA world. I'm happy with Reed. Dungey talked smack because he is an arrogant douche and Reed set that ass straight. Can't hate on being given a fat dose of hater medicine. Every time Dungey doesn't make 1st place he has some lame excuse as to why. Lets not forget he wouldn't be the reigning champ if Ryan Villapoto would not have wrecked hard last year ending his career giving Dungey the cup. Kudos to Reed! And congrats to Tomac. Looks like Dungey has some sore band wagon fans, hahahahaha.
Wanna give him a great big fat dose of eat shit? Go out and beat him. And Reed was looking good, he could have run up front last night. Instead he got behind early and decided to take the lowest road possible. The exact opposite of what dungey did, which was to take the high road. Dungey could have punted him into the cheap seats, but did not. Why? Because he's the better man, plain and simple.

That's the difference between good champions and bad ones. How many guys did MC punt off the track? How is MC viewed today?
gasser
4/2/2017 3:33pm
Ryan owes us a apology for being such a whiner and boring rider he has benefited off of the injured riders who can crush him , reed did nothing wrong held his line Ryan just couldn't show him a wheel fast enough Ryan please stand up and be a man
4/2/2017 3:40pm
Rulebooks says for lappers to move out of the fast line as soon as conditions allow. The "hold your line" part just means don't swerve out of it erratically. Reed was definitely trying to keep Ryan behind him. It was ridiculous. Dungey was catching Eli and it *might have been a good race for the fans. But instead, Reedy ruined that for all of us who were there by being the big baby he has historically been. And I'm generally pro-Reed! But this was dumb.
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
4/2/2017 3:44pm
gasser wrote:
Ryan owes us a apology for being such a whiner and boring rider he has benefited off of the injured riders who can crush him...
Ryan owes us a apology for being such a whiner and boring rider he has benefited off of the injured riders who can crush him , reed did nothing wrong held his line Ryan just couldn't show him a wheel fast enough Ryan please stand up and be a man
You owe this forum an apology for such a shitty post.
4/2/2017 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 3:47pm
gasser wrote:
Ryan owes us a apology for being such a whiner and boring rider he has benefited off of the injured riders who can crush him...
Dungey was 2.5+ seconds faster before closing in on Reed. Why does Dungey have to punt a slower, 16th place rider out of the way?

Reed was not on the same pace in the main. Yes, in the heat, they were. But if we based everything off heat performance, Dungey would be 6th in points and Mookie would be top 5 every week. That's why we have a main event.

The post-heat comments were silly, no doubt, but he's entitled to his opinion just like everyone else, petty or not.

Dungey rides consistent and doesn't look to punt or force the issues with riders. Why is that a bad trait? He punts CR out of the way, people would complain and most likely either a) CR takes a shot or b) Dungey loses large chunk of time for Musquin to close in or c) bends/breaks something on the bike, night over, 17+ point gap now.

Riding to preserve what little points lead he is shouldn't be questioned when you're 2.5 seconds faster on a one line roughed up track.
ctbale
4/2/2017 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 4:09pm
Does anybody think if they just hugged and told each other how they feel it could all be put behind them? Maybe get Barcia and Ray in on it too. I think if everyone just got in touch with thier feelings, that would be good progress ....

Phantom 661
4/2/2017 4:06pm
gasser wrote:
Reed did nothing wrong? Poll results disagree by a very large margin.

BTW, Ryan doesn't owe you jack s**t.
Collo135
4/2/2017 4:09pm
It's a fine line, the way i read the rules it could go either way.

http://www.amasupercross.com/rules/pdf/2017/2017AMASupercrossRulebook.p…
a. Solid Blue Flag:
1. Indicates you are about to be overtaken by faster riders.
2. When conditions allow, move out of the fast line.
3. Hold your line (don’t ride erratically) and do not impede the
faster riders progress.
4. Riders disregarding the blue flag may be black-flagged at
the discretion of Race Director.
Phantom 661
4/2/2017 4:09pm
ctbale wrote:
Does anybody think if they just hugged and told each other how they feel it could all be put behind them? Maybe get Barcia and Ray...
Does anybody think if they just hugged and told each other how they feel it could all be put behind them? Maybe get Barcia and Ray in on it too. I think if everyone just got in touch with thier feelings, that would be good progress ....

I'm not ready for a hug...... maybe tomorrow. Cool
4/2/2017 4:36pm
I voted "yes", but really....

Should the AMA levy a penalty? No, because the rulebook doesn't allow for it "after the fact". Race control screwed up. CR should have been black flagged.

Does Reed deserve a penalty? Oh, #%$^ yes. That was straight up a dick move. Had it happened to him, he would have not hesitated to badmouth him, assuming he didn't just punt him on the 2nd turn after he caught him.

I watched the heat race (I usually just watch the main), and I think Chad was just upset that RD passed him for the heat win.

I wouldn't be surprised if next year, we get a Chad Reed rule covering new penalties for lapped riders who don't move over.
nickm
4/2/2017 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 4:43pm
I think race direction should be the ones receiving a penalty...in any other sport if a player isnt playing by the rules the stripes call a penalty on the spot. AMA race direction is asleep at the wheel and its impacting the integrity of the sport. In this case the rules are clear and a black flag should have been pointed at Reed.

From Reeds perspective, Sure it might have been a dick move, but emotions in any sport run high and, if nobody is going to do anything about it then its fair game.

Seriously. AMA needs to presve the integrity of the race above all other matters.
magoo1982
4/2/2017 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 4:56pm
Rulebooks says for lappers to move out of the fast line as soon as conditions allow. The "hold your line" part just means don't swerve out...
Rulebooks says for lappers to move out of the fast line as soon as conditions allow. The "hold your line" part just means don't swerve out of it erratically. Reed was definitely trying to keep Ryan behind him. It was ridiculous. Dungey was catching Eli and it *might have been a good race for the fans. But instead, Reedy ruined that for all of us who were there by being the big baby he has historically been. And I'm generally pro-Reed! But this was dumb.
Agree , I was wanting to see a good race if Dunge could catch Tomac and give us a good show no matter who won . Instead Reed played his games and screwed the fans out of what may have been an exciting end to race...
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
4/2/2017 5:06pm
I'm a massive Reed fan, but....

GTFOut of the way you dead set clown. You're getting lapped!

That really could have been a great race to the end if Reed hadn't ruined it. Well handled by Dungey during his post-race interview too. Hopefully off camera he wasn't so nice to Reed....
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
4/2/2017 5:07pm
And as for the penalty....maybe last gate pick next week and a fine (or a warning)?
ledger
4/2/2017 5:39pm
70/30, Reed is guilty and will run the, "I'm immature" butt patch.
4/2/2017 5:54pm
Race is over. Its in the past. Too late for a black flag. Interpretation of the rules could have gone either way. Hold race line or move out of race line. Vague. Race next week. You can't make race decisions such as this based on emotions.
VRR7
4/2/2017 6:27pm
The people that wrote the rule book say REED did nothing wrong ! So for all the RD crybabies run to your mommies and squeal that the AMA knows nothing about the rules of SX !
4/2/2017 6:42pm
VRR7 wrote:
The people that wrote the rule book say REED did nothing wrong ! So for all the RD crybabies run to your mommies and squeal that...
The people that wrote the rule book say REED did nothing wrong ! So for all the RD crybabies run to your mommies and squeal that the AMA knows nothing about the rules of SX !
Bro, your posts make me think your grips are loose. Get some grip glue and get on that.
Jrewing
4/2/2017 6:57pm
It's all shit.
Ryan fucked up Reed last week then this week in the heat he cracked it at Reed.
Reed saw him coming and went Well Well Well...

Lesson here... Shit happens and who gets shat on last the stink lingers longest!
Yep
4/2/2017 7:03pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 7:08pm
The GP was great today and it was outdoors Smile
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
4/2/2017 7:21pm
That was a text book violation of the rules when it comes to what not to do when getting the blue flag (i.e. being lapped). I witnessed in person Reed crossing up his lines to always stay in the main race line and hold Dungey up in the race, not "holding his line" and "letting the faster rider overtake him". It was also obvious by the hand gesture from Reed to Dungey and vice versa after the race was over. It was as obvious as day what he was doing. Anyone with a half of an unbiased brain could figure it out. Reed should have been punished for the act during the race but he wasn't. It is what it is. Now that it's over, you can't punish him after the fact. They blew it.

The brutal reality is, the AMA just set a really bad precedent. How, after that ridiculous display of rules violation by Reed, can they ever enforce any rules with respect to the blue flags and not come off as inconsistent or unbiased? They either have to admit that "they blew it" and say they should have done something and didn't, or they just set a precedent that is very dangerous for future races.

Say Anderson goes down and is back in the pack of a race (he's a training partner with Dungey and they are friends - yet not a team mate). If getting lapped, he could totally run interference and slow down Tomac to help Dungey and it would be totally legit based on letting Reed do what he did. I'm not saying it would be right, but the AMA doing nothing opened this can of worms. Should be interesting to see what comes of it. If they simply deny any wrong doing by Reed, this championship race could get really interesting.
Lucifa.
4/2/2017 7:27pm
Jrewing wrote:
It's all shit. Ryan fucked up Reed last week then this week in the heat he cracked it at Reed. Reed saw him coming and went...
It's all shit.

Lesson here... Shit happens and who gets shat on last the stink lingers longest!
Reed was a fucking lapper. If you can't stay on the lead lap, piss off.
LeBeau06
4/2/2017 8:04pm
I hate to say it because Reed was clearly in the wrong but all Dungey did was follow him, he did nothing to help the situation.
That is somewhat true however Dungey shouldn't have to. He is the points leader in a close race with the best contender for the title. Reed was in 16th place there was no reason that he couldn't move over on the track like the rule states to do, and let Dungey by. Everyone else before him did it, Webb did it after him, why should Reed get to stay in the fast line?
Jrewing
4/2/2017 8:12pm
Jrewing wrote:
It's all shit. Ryan fucked up Reed last week then this week in the heat he cracked it at Reed. Reed saw him coming and went...
It's all shit.

Lucifa. wrote:
Reed was a fucking lapper. If you can't stay on the lead lap, piss off.
Yep but dunge made him pissed. I'd do the same if I had a bone to pick.

Life lesson as I said. Life's a bitch and "it's only a race"!

I'm a fan of both guys but Tomac is my man. No stopping him so next week it'll be a new story..

Post a reply to: Vital MX Poll: Should Chad Reed Receive a Penalty?

The Latest