Vital MX Poll: Should Chad Reed Receive a Penalty?

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
4/1/2017 11:29pm
Nah, should just be called out as acting like a douchebag.
block75
4/1/2017 11:38pm
mxlegend99 wrote:
Reed was a dick. But Dungey kind of brought it on himself. He learned from that though. He would have known exactly why Reed did that...
Reed was a dick. But Dungey kind of brought it on himself. He learned from that though. He would have known exactly why Reed did that and by rights this will be the end of it now. Dungey seemed to let it go by the time he was being interviewed.

That said Dungey really should have been able to pass him without him moving out of the way though. If he can't pass Reed he isnt going to pass Tomac. Tomac is on another planet to Reed.
The only reason he let it go by the interview is to maintain his squeaky clean image to the public and also the fact that Carlos his mechanic and roger pulled him up and probably gave him a dressing down along the lines of this will sort itself out so just relax your still the points leader and don't go up there calling people out on live tv again.

Still not a smart thing on reeds part but on one lap Reed stayed outside through one of the rythem lanes and went 2-2-2-2-2 were dungey could have easily gone just inside and went 3-3-3-1 and passed him and it would have been over with clearly dungey was worried that chad was goin to do something for some reason otherwise he would have just blown past him like the others
Pembroke36
4/1/2017 11:40pm
What Chad did was wrong. They should have blacked flagged him but they didn't, so that's the end of it. Dungey said whatever and then he held him up, two wrongs don't make a right. If you even call talking shit wrong, Reed did plenty of that in his day. But Chad did possible monetary damage, not just internet butthurt damage. Not the first time Reed did a dick move.

The Shop

ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
4/1/2017 11:45pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Reed held his line to allow dungey to pass. Wheres the wrong? dungey just didnt make it happen
Reed held his line, while going at least as fast as he had been prior to Dungey catching him, if not faster. It will be interesting to see lap times and see if he sped up at that moment. He violated the 4.17.2, below, 'when conditions allow, move out of the fast line', 3 'don't impede the faster riders progress, which should have resulted in 4 'riders disregarding the blue flag may be black-flagged at the discretion of Race Director'. For the record, I was adamant that the black flag was wrong when Reed was booted for bumping Canard. I'm not, or wasn't, a Reed hater. This is as clear cut as any rule violation can be.

From the AMA Rulebook:
4.17 Flags and Lights
It is the rider’s responsibility to be aware of their surroundings
at all times while on track. Safety is a main priority and the
riders must obey all official signals and directions given to
them. Any rider failing to do so may be penalized.
a. Solid Blue Flag:
1. Indicates you are about to be overtaken by faster riders.
2. When conditions allow, move out of the fast line.
3. Hold your line (don’t ride erratically) and do not impede the
faster riders progress.
4. Riders disregarding the blue flag may be black-flagged at
the discretion of Race Director.
WFO
4/1/2017 11:47pm
It was a bad night for Dungey and Reed and the AMA.
Motofinne
4/1/2017 11:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2017 11:49pm
I can't put it to words how disappointing that was to watch for me as a lifelong fan of Chad Reed. Reed ruined Dungeys race and it was clearly intentional.

Anyone that have been racing knows that Reed saw all the blue flags and he knew who was behind him. Some could argue that AMA/FIM should have thrown the black flag out there.
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
4/1/2017 11:52pm
Jt$ wrote:
I think they will have a hard time enforcing anything after the fact. Lappers getting in the way is nothing new, but this was an extreme...
I think they will have a hard time enforcing anything after the fact. Lappers getting in the way is nothing new, but this was an extreme case. Proving intent could be very difficult if it went that far. Knowing something and proving it are entirely different things. A black flag in the race is what the rule book states but at this point, I have my doubts anything comes of it.

Sucks it played out the way it did, though. I want to watch a battle for the lead just as much as anyone else. Hopefully one way or another, this doesn't change the championship.
Really, after the fact is when penalties should be handed out. Mid race is reliant on quick judgment of an official who has proven to not really be capable of doing that in a consistent basis. A good example is Reed's black flag for bumping Canard. That should have been done afterward, when video could have been seen, and both sides heard. As can be done in this case. Intent doesn't need to be proven. Just that he rode by blue flags numerous times, while staying in the main line.
4/1/2017 11:52pm
I don't see the big deal with Reedy's riding and all this uproar.
Everybody knows that it's perfectly cool to race super hard with the leaders when they are coming around to lap you, right? Huh

Drtbykr
4/1/2017 11:54pm
I'm a JS7 and RD5 fan, so I think he should get a penalty for being in the same town as a race, but;

- officials should review the tape and if he "took away" the preferred racing line of the Dunge, yes. If not, no.

And yes I am.
Whitey
4/2/2017 12:01am
Drtbykr wrote:
I'm a JS7 and RD5 fan, so I think he should get a penalty for being in the same town as a race, but; - officials...
I'm a JS7 and RD5 fan, so I think he should get a penalty for being in the same town as a race, but;

- officials should review the tape and if he "took away" the preferred racing line of the Dunge, yes. If not, no.

And yes I am.
How does Chad know what lines Ryan was taking if Ryan was behind him? He cant exactly stop him and ask him.It would be fair to say the fast guys are taking different lines to the slower guys, hence that is why they are going faster, this could be debated about for an eternity and people are just going to side with their favorite.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
4/2/2017 12:03am
M-M wrote:
Where was the poll when James Stewart ruined Marvins win last year?

https://youtu.be/lV6ZdyHqYNo
I didn't know how to post them in the forum then... Laughing
ledger
4/2/2017 12:07am
Reed retaliated because Dungey called him immature.
MX-LIFE.
4/2/2017 12:12am
Reedy didn't see the blue flag he thought that was a Yamaha..
Hahny
4/2/2017 12:13am
Reedy had every right to just hold his line and keep going forward and not worry about Dungey behind him, especially after those BS comments after the heat from Dungey.
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
4/2/2017 12:14am
DL wrote:
Yes and a kick in the nut sack.
Jt$ wrote:
Head on over and give it a shot Don. Should turn out well.
haha ,come on Don, no reply?
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
4/2/2017 12:16am
wwoberg wrote:
Lost all respect for Reed when he jacked up an auction for St Jude with that KX250. He's a dick.
What ever happen with that kx 250?
skidsteer16
4/2/2017 12:28am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 2:21am
Clear as day...

Reed's a DB

Dungey catches him at the end of his 16th lap while Reed is finishing his most recent 3.5 second slower lap.

Douche Douche then proceeds to up his pace for the next two laps by 1.8 and 1.5 seconds respectively whilst blue flags are waiving in his face.
JB 19
4/2/2017 12:48am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 12:52am
So let's say it's 2009 again. Jacksonville. What if it had played out like Reed was trying to gain a couple points on Stewart and Windham (who actually got third in the race) was having an off night and riding around in 14th. Reed comes around to lap him and KDub proceeds to ignore the blue flag for 2 laps and hold Reed up until Stewart pulls away.

You think Reed would have been like, "oh it's cool".

Chad has built up a lot of equity in this sport. His arrogance may be part of what made him what he is, but it also got the better of him tonight. It was embarrassing to watch.
Mit12
4/2/2017 12:57am
No. But he ruined a good race.
Agreed. Complete classless move by the former champion.
Motofinne
4/2/2017 1:00am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 1:06am
Clear as day... Dungey catches him at the end of his 16th lap while Reed is finishing his most recent 3.5 second slower lap. Douche Douche...
Clear as day...

Reed's a DB

Dungey catches him at the end of his 16th lap while Reed is finishing his most recent 3.5 second slower lap.

Douche Douche then proceeds to up his pace for the next two laps by 1.8 and 1.5 seconds respectively whilst blue flags are waiving in his face.
Well there we have it. The proof that some here wants.

Even though it was very obvious by just watching it happen. This is very embarrassing for Reed.
4/2/2017 1:06am
dkg wrote:
So, let me start off by saying I have much respect for you and your opinions. Also a fan of Reed. Nonetheless, I am extremely disappointed...
So, let me start off by saying I have much respect for you and your opinions. Also a fan of Reed. Nonetheless, I am extremely disappointed in his actions tonight, it does deserve a penalty. At some point he should have realized there was a race going on that did not involve him (tonight); that the blue flag was shown multiple times; he should have gotten out of the way instead of riding a wide bike. Acknowledging your friendship with Reed, do you think any sort of penalty is appropriate? Do you approve of his actions? If you don't want to respond it is understandable.
Jt$ wrote:
I think they will have a hard time enforcing anything after the fact. Lappers getting in the way is nothing new, but this was an extreme...
I think they will have a hard time enforcing anything after the fact. Lappers getting in the way is nothing new, but this was an extreme case. Proving intent could be very difficult if it went that far. Knowing something and proving it are entirely different things. A black flag in the race is what the rule book states but at this point, I have my doubts anything comes of it.

Sucks it played out the way it did, though. I want to watch a battle for the lead just as much as anyone else. Hopefully one way or another, this doesn't change the championship.
Proving intent could be very difficult if it went that far.

Not that Stevie Wonder would of missed it but I don't think it be a hard sell.

Akira
4/2/2017 1:14am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 1:15am
Chad has always been overhyped and overrated. He's been always cocky and arrogant and btw won three titles cuz the big guys were out. He hasn't ever being a role model for the sport but people always like the rebel guy because it's entertaining but it's just that. Hey look forward for a great future for the sport the same way RC does and we all know RD type of attitude and personality is the one that can make this great again (ET also). CR is plenty of mistakes and excuses, out of the PR guy he showed us the real Chad again, he just doesn't care about others. I respect him but when you've 35 it's time to be mature again look at the GOAT mentality. The major damage this sport has is riders acting like assholes, ok for an 250 guy in his early 20 but fuck 35 and 3 kids. He's Aussie and he knows rugby and should understand this.

Funny how RD just called him lapper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyZK4HfbLYc
Superdave19
4/2/2017 1:37am
Ok, I get it- Chad up'd his pace to f*ck w/ Dungey. He WAS in the main line. Yes he should have let Ryan by... but if Ryan couldn't get around Chad, how the hell would he get around Eli?
Big bummer for the fans regardless-
tek14
4/2/2017 1:48am
Okay what happened last week start? Dungy did hit him or what?
They will not make Monster rider miss any coming races that´s sure.
brightgrey
4/2/2017 1:52am
Typical crybaby bullshit out of reed...the guy has always been a poor sport, and just imagine his r3action if he were in dungeys position. Somehow, after years of getting smoked and now his advanced age, Reed thinks he is on the same level as these guys....unbelievable. Not that it really matters, tomac is on fire!
IRATEinc
4/2/2017 2:11am
I've always had a tremendous amount of respect for Chad, but beyond shutting down an epic race that could have happened for the fans, he changed how the race was for the championship. If he was a contender, I would understand.....but 16th place??? Unacceptable. Great job by Dungey by showing how to take the high road.
Motofinne
4/2/2017 2:17am
Ok, I get it- Chad up'd his pace to f*ck w/ Dungey. He WAS in the main line. Yes he should have let Ryan by... but...
Ok, I get it- Chad up'd his pace to f*ck w/ Dungey. He WAS in the main line. Yes he should have let Ryan by... but if Ryan couldn't get around Chad, how the hell would he get around Eli?
Big bummer for the fans regardless-
The thing is, look at the laptimes. Dungey had a 51 sec lap time before he came up behind Reed that did a 55 sec lap time. Then Reed decides to drop the hammer and do multiple 53 second lap times when he knows that Dungey is behind him.

He started racing Dungey while being 16th. It's unacceptable.

And i agree i don't think Dungey had a shot at Eli, but who knows crazier things have happened in races.

The fact is that Reed dropped his lap times and had NO intention to let Dungey through. Black flag offence if you ask me.

Post a reply to: Vital MX Poll: Should Chad Reed Receive a Penalty?

The Latest