Vital MX Poll: Should Chad Reed Receive a Penalty?

Subie4lyfe
4/2/2017 7:47am
kkawboy14 wrote:
21-25 had to be more lappers
Just saw this after my last post, sooo he slowed down more with other Lappers, that weren't a pissed off CR, lap pets than probably moved out of the way? Not likely. I think he gave up and settled for second
rutcross
4/2/2017 7:52am
I might head over to thumper talk for the week. This place is out of control.
vetmxr
4/2/2017 7:57am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 8:11am
In my eyes, if your in a championship of any kind....its bad business to badmouth anyone who can cause you problems out on the track. Just one more bad angle you don't need and its so easy to do.....just smile and keep your mouth shut till the fat lady sings.

Why give anyone any reason to mess with you, no matter who it is.

I may be immature but if a guy insulted me.....whether I deserved it or not, I would not forget that shit once out on the track. If I like him and he's going for a championship....I'm out of his way. If he's talking shit, it's play time for a while........if he takes me out its no big deal for me....I'm not in the championship.

I'm not anyone's fan, I'm a fan of the racing, I like them all. I bet Reed was smiling under his helmet, saying to himself..."hows this for immature Dungey"

All he had to do was keep his mouth shut, And he's around Reed in a few corners. In my opinion. I have no problem with either guy....there are many angles to deal with in a championship run...and they aren't all out on the track. Not everyone has the capacity to swallow insults and act mature......there are MEN in the world that will beat your ass when you talk shit about them. Thats just the way they handle THEIR business.

The Shop

gasser
4/2/2017 7:57am
This question shows how soft our society is everyone should get a trophy give me a break Dunge ,Chad Reed did nothing wrong he held his line you show the wheel he got all the way quit being such a puss
4/2/2017 7:58am
rutcross wrote:
I might head over to thumper talk for the week. This place is out of control.
How many accounts do you have there? Do you stalk Jeffro and Crush there too?
ttugrad1793
4/2/2017 8:15am
1. If this had been Stewart, the internet would have melted down (remember when he held up Musquin for ONE section and everyone lost their minds)
2. Dungey is a weenie. These guys deal with lappers every week, and following Reed for 3 laps was weak and exposed that weakness for the world to see.
3. Every other rider on the track, if they were in Dungey's position, would have sent Reed into the bleachers.
mxb2
4/2/2017 8:17am
Dungeys had a better career, that's why reeds mad.
Hut
4/2/2017 8:21am
I just watched the Main. Dungey could not pass Reed but he was supposed to run down Eli and make that pass? Yeah right.....
He was not even pressuring Reed very hard for most of that. What would RV have done?
Forty
4/2/2017 8:22am
vetmxr wrote:
In my eyes, if your in a championship of any kind....its bad business to badmouth anyone who can cause you problems out on the track. Just...
In my eyes, if your in a championship of any kind....its bad business to badmouth anyone who can cause you problems out on the track. Just one more bad angle you don't need and its so easy to do.....just smile and keep your mouth shut till the fat lady sings.

I may be immature but if a guy insulted me.....whether I deserved it or not, I would not forget that shit once out on the track. If I like him and he's going for a championship....I'm out of his way. If he's talking shit, it's play time for a while........if he takes me out its no big deal for me....I'm not in the championship.

I'm not anyone's fan, I'm a fan of the racing, I like them all. I bet Reed was smiling under his helmet, saying to himself..."hows this for immature Dungey"

All he had to do was keep his mouth shut, And he's around Reed in a few corners. In my opinion. I have no problem with either guy....there are many angles to deal with in a championship run...and they aren't all out on the track. Not everyone has the capacity to swallow insults and act mature......there are MEN in the world that will beat your ass when you talk shit about them. Thats just the way they handle THEIR business.
Not a bad take on things however Reed was in 16th and a lap down....he should not knowingly affect the outcome of a race unless he is IN the race, and for Reed to do so after being on both sides of this situation over the years, it tells me something about him that I didn't want to know.

If people are under the impression that CR doesn't know exactly what he's doing out there at all times well then maybe your opinion is an honest one and ignorance is the reason BUT, and I say BUT because I have not seen the race yet, if CR knowingly affected the outcome or possible out come (it sounds like Eli was measuring the gap) then his penalty is knowing he was being lapped, took 16th, and maybe it's time to salvage the legacy he has built and hang it up.

I'm all for the great ones racing as long as they qualify but not if they cannot accept the fact that they are no longer a factor week in and week out and it changes the way they race the rest of the field.

wfo4ever
4/2/2017 8:23am
Dungey should have just passed Reed, Tomac, and any other riders in front of him to win the race. First one to the checkered flag wins. All 22 riders are racing in the same race to the checkered flag. Except Marvin Musquin as he was not trying to win the race last night or pass Dungey because he was under "KTM Team Orders" to cheat and try to hold up other riders to help Dungey beat Tomac for the championship. That is why we run these races. The AMA Officials did not black flag or fine Reed Or Musquin. After all like Ryan Dungey says "It's just a dirt bike race".
Kenny Lingus
4/2/2017 8:29am
My dad has been/is a head starter or race director for numerous local stock car tracks. He has always kept the same standards towards all racers. In a case where a lapper is in the way of faster traffic, first is the blue flag. If nothing happens in 1 lap blue flag is again displayed and the same on the next lap. If the lapper shows no intention of moving he is given the black flag. Usually car races will have a yellow flag at which point if the lapper has not removed himself from the track he will be stopped and told to do so. If there is no yellow and said lapper continues to not yield to leaders he will be DQ'ed for the night and will be suspended for at least 2 weeks.

The problem with last night is Chad was not given the black flag. On top of that, the handling of these situations by AMA/Feld/FIM is inconsistent at best. Vague rules and vague enforcement in racing will always lead to situations like this. I would have to say no penalty because of that but, he was for sure being a dick.
Hut
4/2/2017 8:31am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2017 8:31am
wfo4ever wrote:
Dungey should have just passed Reed, Tomac, and any other riders in front of him to win the race. First one to the checkered flag wins...
Dungey should have just passed Reed, Tomac, and any other riders in front of him to win the race. First one to the checkered flag wins. All 22 riders are racing in the same race to the checkered flag. Except Marvin Musquin as he was not trying to win the race last night or pass Dungey because he was under "KTM Team Orders" to cheat and try to hold up other riders to help Dungey beat Tomac for the championship. That is why we run these races. The AMA Officials did not black flag or fine Reed Or Musquin. After all like Ryan Dungey says "It's just a dirt bike race".
Good post, thumbs up
kijen
4/2/2017 8:31am
That was a very childish stunt Chad, you lost a lot of fans with that nonsense
Really? What is the number of a lot?

Maybe the 10 people
That posted their "horror" of disobeying the blue flag.

Some funny shit in these threadsWink
endo
4/2/2017 8:39am
[u]From the AMA Rulebook:
4.17 Flags and Lights
It is the rider’s responsibility to be aware of their surroundings
at all times while on track. Safety is a main priority and the
riders must obey all official signals and directions given to
them. Any rider failing to do so may be penalized.
a. Solid Blue Flag:
1. Indicates you are about to be overtaken by faster riders.
2. When conditions allow, move out of the fast line.
3. Hold your line (don’t ride erratically) and do not impede the
faster riders progress.
4. Riders disregarding the blue flag may be black-flagged at
the discretion of Race Director.
[/u]

Plain and simple - these two insertions of the word may leave this rule open for multiple interpretations. Up to the AMA to decide..... I personally believe that if the Race Director felt it was an issue, Reed should have been black flagged. End of story.
Juice_Mann
4/2/2017 8:52am
There's really no penalty that would work in his case. Docking him points doesn't make a difference and a fine wouldn't really affect his wallet. The season he is having is penalty enough IMO. He's officially a lapper now. Can't imagine Yamaha is happy with his performances.
wfo4ever
4/2/2017 9:17am
wfo4ever wrote:
Dungey should have just passed Reed, Tomac, and any other riders in front of him to win the race. First one to the checkered flag wins...
Hut wrote:
Good post, thumbs up
Thanks Hut.
4/2/2017 9:34am
Looks like there's going to be some beef in the AMA world. I'm happy with Reed. Dungey talked smack because he is an arrogant douche and Reed set that ass straight. Can't hate on being given a fat dose of hater medicine. Every time Dungey doesn't make 1st place he has some lame excuse as to why. Lets not forget he wouldn't be the reigning champ if Ryan Villapoto would not have wrecked hard last year ending his career giving Dungey the cup. Kudos to Reed! And congrats to Tomac. Looks like Dungey has some sore band wagon fans, hahahahaha.
macdaddy31
4/2/2017 9:37am
For those who say Dungey should have just passed him ... Dungey fighting for Championship. Reed showed aggressive posture in heat race and has history of taking people out. I don't think Dungey wanted to risk that and go from 2nd to 15th and out of first place contention. For those who say Dungey should have kept his mouth shut after heat race ... maybe, but Dungey's comments were pretty light and he is not typically one who bad mouths. On the other hand, Reed is one of the predominant bad mouthers who could never discuss anything about JS7 without injecting some sort of insult. For those that say Musquin should be penalized for not trying to pass Dungey and/or holding up traffic ... pleeeease, that is pure speculation. If any commands came down from KTM they were probably more like "do your individual best to try and win and pass, but without taking undue risks against a team mate".
Bob693
4/2/2017 9:41am
Looks like there's going to be some beef in the AMA world. I'm happy with Reed. Dungey talked smack because he is an arrogant douche and...
Looks like there's going to be some beef in the AMA world. I'm happy with Reed. Dungey talked smack because he is an arrogant douche and Reed set that ass straight. Can't hate on being given a fat dose of hater medicine. Every time Dungey doesn't make 1st place he has some lame excuse as to why. Lets not forget he wouldn't be the reigning champ if Ryan Villapoto would not have wrecked hard last year ending his career giving Dungey the cup. Kudos to Reed! And congrats to Tomac. Looks like Dungey has some sore band wagon fans, hahahahaha.
RV crashed out last year and that's why Dungey won the title? You obviously have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Maybe create another account.
4/2/2017 9:45am
To be honest, I'm surprised/proud that this hasn't turned into an immigration debate (yet?).
twnorton
4/2/2017 9:49am
how hasnt this thread been clicked yet?
B-EVANS
4/2/2017 9:57am
If Dungey went full CC on Reed in practice next week would you be ok with it?
pilotdude
4/2/2017 10:00am
vetmxr wrote:
In my eyes, if your in a championship of any kind....its bad business to badmouth anyone who can cause you problems out on the track. Just...

You are fantastic example of what is wrong with this sport and the world in many ways.
wfo4ever
4/2/2017 10:00am
TripleFive wrote:
To be honest, I'm surprised/proud that this hasn't turned into an immigration debate (yet?).
I am a proud legal American. But when you really think about it all "It's just a dirt bike race"
pilotdude
4/2/2017 10:01am
From my post is the other thread:

From the AMA Rulebook:
4.17 Flags and Lights
It is the rider’s responsibility to be aware of their surroundings
at all times while on track. Safety is a main priority and the
riders must obey all official signals and directions given to
them. Any rider failing to do so may be penalized.
a. Solid Blue Flag:
1. Indicates you are about to be overtaken by faster riders.
2. When conditions allow, move out of the fast line.
3. Hold your line (don’t ride erratically) and do not impede the
faster riders progress.
4. Riders disregarding the blue flag may be black-flagged at
the discretion of Race Director.

Longtime fan of Reed, however:

1. Reed obviously and deliberately violated the rules as a payback to Dungey.

2. The Race Director, having failed spectacularly at exercising his discretion and black flagging Reed, should now issue a ruling disqualifying Reed from the race after the fact.

3. Reed should not be allowed to race Seattle an example to other riders for allowing his desire to give Dungey payback to become more important than interfering in the championship fight happening around him.

4. I believe that even if Reed had not deliberately and obviously interfered with Dungey, Tomac would have ramped it back up and kept the lead. This is completely irrelevant to what needs to be done with Reed, however.

5. Given the weak and inconsistent record of the officials in supercross in implementing the rules of the sport, I would be shocked if anything is done to Reed with regard to this incident.
B-EVANS
4/2/2017 10:02am
Jt$ wrote:
Nah, I'm really uninvolved. Not my battle.
JT, can you give us some insight into what you think Reed might have said to you if this was 10yrs ago and you had done to Reed what he did to Dungey?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
4/2/2017 10:08am
I can't wait to hear Reed saying in the off-season how he still believes he still believes he can fight for a title.

Post a reply to: Vital MX Poll: Should Chad Reed Receive a Penalty?

The Latest