Vital MX Poll: Should Chad Reed Receive a Penalty?

daemon616
4/1/2017 10:05pm
JW381 wrote:
Well, that's cool. In my opinion, your guy fucked up. I know this is a forum of "vitards" and you insiders are holier than thou, but...
Well, that's cool. In my opinion, your guy fucked up. I know this is a forum of "vitards" and you insiders are holier than thou, but that's my story and I'm stickin to it. Reed is a very vocal, and emotional rider - he would have a fit if someone held him up like that. He undoubtedly knows what is right and wrong in the realm of racing, and that was wrong. Blatantly wrong.

For what it's worth, I don't think Dungey was going to catch Tomac anyway. But Reed disrupted the race and deserves a stiff penalty.
Jt$ wrote:
Well, your opinion is yours and no problem there. I can say that there is a lot to this story that played out in both the...
Well, your opinion is yours and no problem there. I can say that there is a lot to this story that played out in both the heat and the main and probably will again moving forward it seems.

It's not my place to defend or condemn. These are all big boys and have their own battles to fight.

I only jumped in when I saw a vital member mentioning a kick in the nuts and wanted to extend an invitation to attempt said maneuver at his convenience.
Your bias is so over the fucking top it's retarded.
Jt$
4/1/2017 10:06pm
sparker245 wrote:
Jt$, with all due respect to your mx/sx accomplishments and your position in the sport, it sure seems like you're trying to do damage control for...
Jt$, with all due respect to your mx/sx accomplishments and your position in the sport, it sure seems like you're trying to do damage control for Chad. Chad's actions were wrong.....plain and simple. He's being lapped. Put emotions aside, get out of the way and let the points leaders race. .
Nah, I'm really uninvolved. Not my battle.
4/1/2017 10:08pm
Myke wrote:
I agree with this. I also think it was an admission of being guilty when he ran of the track to the pits after the race.
I also think it was an admission of being guilty when he ran of the track to the pits after the race.

agn5009
4/1/2017 10:08pm
FastEddy wrote:
"But Reed disrupted the race and deserves a stiff penalty." Out of curiosity... In your own opinion.. What rule did Reed clearly break to be penalized...
"But Reed disrupted the race and deserves a stiff penalty."

Out of curiosity...
In your own opinion.. What rule did Reed clearly break to be penalized for?
To move out of the fast line?
The so-called fast line could be a matter of opinion,keep that in mind...
He held his line and didn't ride erratic.
JW381 wrote:
I can appreciate your attempt at playing devil's advocate, but I disagree. The rule says when it is safe to do so, move out of the...
I can appreciate your attempt at playing devil's advocate, but I disagree. The rule says when it is safe to do so, move out of the fast line. Reed received multiple blue flags, yet refused to move out of the fast line.

The only, and I mean only scenario I could understand Reed's antics would be if he wasn't aware that Dungey was behind him. But seeing as he got the blue flag when Eli went by, I highly doubt that.
Myke wrote:
I agree with this. I also think it was an admission of being guilty when he ran of the track to the pits after the race.
Chad retaliated because Dungey called him out. So we have retaliation and a blatant disregard for the rules. There's absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind that Chad did this purposefully. And if anyone does doubt it they're simply wrong. So the question is, what should be done about it.

The Shop

rutcross
4/1/2017 10:11pm
agn5009 wrote:
Chad retaliated because Dungey called him out. So we have retaliation and a blatant disregard for the rules. There's absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind that...
Chad retaliated because Dungey called him out. So we have retaliation and a blatant disregard for the rules. There's absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind that Chad did this purposefully. And if anyone does doubt it they're simply wrong. So the question is, what should be done about it.
Nothing. Short 6 days we will be racing again. Move on and line them up. Just be thankful we got stuff to debate all week.
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
4/1/2017 10:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2017 10:15pm
ML512 wrote:
Depending upon how his contract is written, benching him for the remaining races might actually affect his paycheck from his team. This depends of course if...
Depending upon how his contract is written, benching him for the remaining races might actually affect his paycheck from his team. This depends of course if being benched works the same as injury clauses in his contract and if he has said clauses in his contract (if you miss X amount of races, X amount of dollars is cut from your contract pay). But, that's a bunch of ifs depending upon his contract and a possible penalty triggering any existing clauses.
Jt$ wrote:
So you're saying they might hand out one of the most severe penalties in the history of SX (suspending for 4 races) for disregarding a blue...
So you're saying they might hand out one of the most severe penalties in the history of SX (suspending for 4 races) for disregarding a blue flag? Alrighty, just wanted to clarify.
How many blue flags did he get over the course of four laps or so? Or did he think it was the blu cru excited for him in 16th?

So JT, after reading the exact wording of the rule and watching the race, in your view did Chad follow the rules regarding a blue flag, and if not, what do YOU think should be the outcome?
FARANG
4/1/2017 10:11pm
That was lame by Reed. Never really been a fan but I was gaining a grudging respect. Wiped out by his childish game tonight that ruined what could have been a great race. What an asshole.
agn5009
4/1/2017 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2017 10:13pm
early wrote:
Are they gonna penalize Musquin for letting Dungey ride in front of him all night?
I also have been wondering what's up while everyone is distracted by Reed. If I were a betting man I'd bet Musquin's pit board said something...
I also have been wondering what's up while everyone is distracted by Reed. If I were a betting man I'd bet Musquin's pit board said something along the lines of "back off or find a new team". No way he was that much slower after being right on his tail.
Tomac was doing the same thing he's done most of this year. Run away from the field. Dungey was matching Tomacs pace until the reed incident. Are you honestly dumb enough to think that just because Dungey got the a good start and was able to match Tomacs speed that Musquin should magically be able to match their speeds as Well? Has it ever occurred to you that maybe Dungey was just faster in the main event since like I said before, he was matching Tomacs speed? Man, some people are really dumb. You act like Tomac was 30 seconds out front and Dungey and Musquin were battling close. They weren't, dungey dropped Musquin when he picked up the pace and reeled in Tomac.
Jt$
4/1/2017 10:15pm
daemon616 wrote:
Your bias is so over the fucking top it's retarded.
Thank you?
dkg
4/1/2017 10:21pm
JW381 wrote:
Pretty sure your camp was calling for Chisolm's head once upon a time. Maybe step away from the keyboard for the night, cool down a bit...
Pretty sure your camp was calling for Chisolm's head once upon a time. Maybe step away from the keyboard for the night, cool down a bit. This seems incredibly hypocritical.
Jt$ wrote:
I simply posed a question. I'm cool, and keyboard super steady. Thanks for the concern, though!
So, let me start off by saying I have much respect for you and your opinions. Also a fan of Reed. Nonetheless, I am extremely disappointed in his actions tonight, it does deserve a penalty. At some point he should have realized there was a race going on that did not involve him (tonight); that the blue flag was shown multiple times; he should have gotten out of the way instead of riding a wide bike. Acknowledging your friendship with Reed, do you think any sort of penalty is appropriate? Do you approve of his actions? If you don't want to respond it is understandable.
ge217
4/1/2017 10:23pm
Jt$ wrote:
Thank you?
Do you feel it was a dick move or was it ok in your eyes? Just wondering. You know what the rules state. You're. It fighting anyone's fight. Just giving your option on what the rules read and how a rider may or may have not broken them .
USA
Fantasy
507th
4/1/2017 10:33pm
Man, I sure wish Reed still did that social media stuff.

Also, am I the only one that thinks this thread/poll could not have started anything but controversy?

I would be upset if I were Dungey, but at least Musquin and Anderson were non-factors.
Jt$
4/1/2017 10:34pm
dkg wrote:
So, let me start off by saying I have much respect for you and your opinions. Also a fan of Reed. Nonetheless, I am extremely disappointed...
So, let me start off by saying I have much respect for you and your opinions. Also a fan of Reed. Nonetheless, I am extremely disappointed in his actions tonight, it does deserve a penalty. At some point he should have realized there was a race going on that did not involve him (tonight); that the blue flag was shown multiple times; he should have gotten out of the way instead of riding a wide bike. Acknowledging your friendship with Reed, do you think any sort of penalty is appropriate? Do you approve of his actions? If you don't want to respond it is understandable.
I think they will have a hard time enforcing anything after the fact. Lappers getting in the way is nothing new, but this was an extreme case. Proving intent could be very difficult if it went that far. Knowing something and proving it are entirely different things. A black flag in the race is what the rule book states but at this point, I have my doubts anything comes of it.

Sucks it played out the way it did, though. I want to watch a battle for the lead just as much as anyone else. Hopefully one way or another, this doesn't change the championship.
Whitey
4/1/2017 10:36pm
If anything Feld should give Chad a bonus as at least there is now something to talk about in an otherwise boring 450 Main. Those that think Ryan would have actually got close enough to Eli to cause any kind of concern or race are clutching at straws.

Feint
4/1/2017 10:38pm
The race director should be penalized for not doing their job. What is the point of having a rule if you refuse to enforce it. Reed should have been black flagged after blatantly disregarding the blue flag for as long as he did.
dkg
4/1/2017 10:41pm
dkg wrote:
So, let me start off by saying I have much respect for you and your opinions. Also a fan of Reed. Nonetheless, I am extremely disappointed...
Jt$ wrote:
I think they will have a hard time enforcing anything after the fact. Lappers getting in the way is nothing new, but this was an extreme...
I think they will have a hard time enforcing anything after the fact. Lappers getting in the way is nothing new, but this was an extreme case. Proving intent could be very difficult if it went that far. Knowing something and proving it are entirely different things. A black flag in the race is what the rule book states but at this point, I have my doubts anything comes of it.

Sucks it played out the way it did, though. I want to watch a battle for the lead just as much as anyone else. Hopefully one way or another, this doesn't change the championship.
Agreed, I kind of wondered why they didn't use the black flag. They use it in the Canard incident and not here. If nothing else, officiating consistently remains remarkably inconsistent.
Gabriel J
4/1/2017 10:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2017 10:48pm
My following comments are based on the assumption that most of the people replying in the thread were watching on tv and not in the stadium.

That being said, if you were to turn the volume off on the tv and watch that race would you have gotten so worked up if it weren't for the broadcasters hyping up the entire situation?

I ask because over years of watching different sports, mixed martial arts fights for example, I've found that it's easy to fall into the trap of believing what is happening because the announcer is planting it in your head.."OMG HE'S ROCKED, IT'S GONNA BE OVER!!!!" and if you turn the volume off and watch it again, your thinking to yourself "that was the dude slipping on a sweaty ring...". Same goes for watching the races..."OMG HE ALMOST LOST IT!!!" but in reality it was just the rider going through some ruts".

If you had watched the race would with no volume, wouldn't some of you think "Why is Dungey riding so passive, just fucking make a move on Reed and be done with it!" instead of "OMG, KILL REED! HE'S RUINING EVERYTHING". From what we saw on tv, Reed wasn't looking back and to trying figure out how to block Dungey.
Phantom 661
4/1/2017 10:49pm
Whitey wrote:
If anything Feld should give Chad a bonus as at least there is now something to talk about in an otherwise boring 450 Main. Those that...
If anything Feld should give Chad a bonus as at least there is now something to talk about in an otherwise boring 450 Main. Those that think Ryan would have actually got close enough to Eli to cause any kind of concern or race are clutching at straws.

It wouldn't be the first time Dungey has passed Tomac in SX. I don't think closing to 1.4 sec with several laps to go would be considered "clutching at sraws" to believe Dungey may have won.

Props to Eli!!
Rockinar
4/1/2017 10:56pm
Why have a blue flag if you are not going to enforce it? They should have thrown a black flag at him.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
4/1/2017 11:00pm
Gabriel J wrote:
My following comments are based on the assumption that most of the people replying in the thread were watching on tv and not in the stadium...
My following comments are based on the assumption that most of the people replying in the thread were watching on tv and not in the stadium.

That being said, if you were to turn the volume off on the tv and watch that race would you have gotten so worked up if it weren't for the broadcasters hyping up the entire situation?

I ask because over years of watching different sports, mixed martial arts fights for example, I've found that it's easy to fall into the trap of believing what is happening because the announcer is planting it in your head.."OMG HE'S ROCKED, IT'S GONNA BE OVER!!!!" and if you turn the volume off and watch it again, your thinking to yourself "that was the dude slipping on a sweaty ring...". Same goes for watching the races..."OMG HE ALMOST LOST IT!!!" but in reality it was just the rider going through some ruts".

If you had watched the race would with no volume, wouldn't some of you think "Why is Dungey riding so passive, just fucking make a move on Reed and be done with it!" instead of "OMG, KILL REED! HE'S RUINING EVERYTHING". From what we saw on tv, Reed wasn't looking back and to trying figure out how to block Dungey.
Yes. I didnt get worked up though. Ray Charles could have seen that, even with the volume turned off.
agn5009
4/1/2017 11:02pm
Whitey wrote:
If anything Feld should give Chad a bonus as at least there is now something to talk about in an otherwise boring 450 Main. Those that...

Wait so a 1.4 second lead isn't close enough to cause concern? Unsure
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1305th
4/1/2017 11:02pm
Reed was a dick. But Dungey kind of brought it on himself. He learned from that though. He would have known exactly why Reed did that and by rights this will be the end of it now. Dungey seemed to let it go by the time he was being interviewed.

That said Dungey really should have been able to pass him without him moving out of the way though. If he can't pass Reed he isnt going to pass Tomac. Tomac is on another planet to Reed.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
4/1/2017 11:03pm
Gabriel J wrote:
My following comments are based on the assumption that most of the people replying in the thread were watching on tv and not in the stadium...

Well, I was there in person and not watching on TV so not fair if I comment. I've always been a Reed fan up until tonight. During the main, I was so pissed off I was very close to running down to the rail and flipping Reed off during the race (our seats were really close on the lower level). The people sitting near me heard many choice words and my son was getting a little embarrassed. Again, I've always been a Reed fan. I also like both Tomac and Dungey. That race was turning into a very exciting main with a lot on the line. Dungey was finally pushing his limits and anyone that thinks Tomac wasn't pushing his limits as well is crazy. The reason Dungey was able to make up time on Tomac was because Tomac was making small mistakes every lap. I don't think Dungey had the speed to pass Tomac straight up, but if Tomac would have continued making slight mistakes like he was while Dungey was making up time on him, who knows. Now we will never know because of Reed being an assclown. That was shaping up to be a great race until Reed went all dipshit. I'll never root for that jackoff ever again.
USA
Fantasy
507th
4/1/2017 11:08pm
kzizok wrote:
Yes. I didnt get worked up though. Ray Charles could have seen that, even with the volume turned off.
I agree. Reed could have made it easier to pass, but now the race is over and Dungey just needs to look forward.

Woulda coulda shoulda, but tonight, Dungey initially had the jump on Tomac. Reed only held back "what if's" in St. Louis.
Mr. G
4/1/2017 11:13pm
Reed should be kicked out of the rest of the season. Just when I was trying to find something to like about that guy. He is a childish man-child. Go retire.
Calihusky
4/1/2017 11:24pm
There seems to be a pattern of former champions on the verge of retirement suddenly racing leaders when they are a lap down.
4/1/2017 11:26pm
Dungey just followed him - didn't make any attempt to pass. It's his own fault. How's he going to pass tomac if he can't pass a lapped rider?

Post a reply to: Vital MX Poll: Should Chad Reed Receive a Penalty?

The Latest