Roczen 'Statement'

matze
Fantasy
3072nd
1/5/2020 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2020 6:53pm
'First off thank you for the support to my fans, friends, family and my team!

From previous experience i have set my bike up very stiff for safety reasons. I have realized that even before going to Anaheim 1 that it May be on the stiff side. At the same time i didn’t want to flip everything upside down and keep messing around with anything just before the season starts. Ultimately i wanted to get to the races and then go from there. The tracks get really rough in the main and having a too stiff of a bike doesn’t help the whole situation and conditions. I felt like i was riding a BMX bike 😂No excuse though! Not pointing fingers or anything. We all know i can be and should be up at the front. The first race is down, i got the speed and i have put in my work over the off season no doubt. This week is about taking everything a step down and come to St Louis happy and motivated!'

He sure is on the sensible side when it comes to setup....
|
Tuna
1/5/2020 12:15pm
😂no excuses.
Lol then shut up and don’t make such a stupid statement.
zehn
1/5/2020 12:16pm
Tuna wrote:
😂no excuses.
Wow tell us more
Tuna
1/5/2020 12:18pm
Tuna wrote:
😂no excuses.
zehn wrote:
Wow tell us more
Jesus did you read what he said?
Here is a bunch of excuses....but no excuse.
Motoxdoc
1/5/2020 12:20pm
Tuna wrote:
😂no excuses.
Pure irony.

The Shop

ATKpilot99
1/5/2020 12:28pm
Tuna wrote:
It's like saying no offense right before you're about to offend someone.
TeamGreen
1/5/2020 12:36pm
Dear Racer,

We want you to tell us how your night went; so, then we can bitch about what you said and how you said it.

Laughing
bvm111
1/5/2020 12:40pm
🤦‍♂️
yz25
1/5/2020 12:41pm
Pulling hard for KR! But man that was tough to watch. Seemed like he was laying on the ropes at the half way point. Stayed on Webb, but when Baggett got by it was like he threw it in. Here is to next weekend!
davistld01
1/5/2020 12:42pm
Haters will always hate.
Premix
1/5/2020 12:43pm
There was a podcast with Fonseca a while back that he eluded to Kenny struggled with setting up a bike, and HRC just kind of went with whatever he wanted.

This isn’t the first time KR has blamed the bike since being at Honda. Personally I think it’s very tacky to come out and say they missed the setup that badly after one race. You don’t just roll into A1 after a full offseason with a setup you think might be wrong.
Racer111
1/5/2020 12:44pm
Tuna wrote:
😂no excuses.
zehn wrote:
Wow tell us more
Tuna wrote:
Yeah, I fucking read it. You just don’t know the reason between and explanation and an excuse. All he said was he didn’t race as close to the front as he wanted to. The reason for that was that he has his suspension set up to stiff. That’s NOT an excuse. That’s simply and explanation. Once you get past kindergarten in school, you will learn more. Until then, quietly STFU and read a book.
Hcallz5
1/5/2020 12:45pm
It's like Keefer said in the Racer X preview show. The Honda is super rigid which can be good but also can be shitty. Roczen looked all over the place last night. When the dirt is soft and the track breaks down you probably don't want as rigid of a bike.

Probably why the steel frame continues to shine even when the track breaks down, it's got more flex.
gnarwhip
1/5/2020 12:51pm
I hate hate haters!
matze
Fantasy
3072nd
1/5/2020 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2020 12:52pm
you know.. I can understand some peoples opinions (getting tired of excuses etc), Im in between tbh.

If he says he doesnt want to change it that much, he sure knows different setups? He sure knew the track is gonna break up after quali, so he doesnt know how to change his bike? with all his experience? okay..

Well, I guess you could say Kens weakness is to adapt to different setups. And what I said in the first post 'he sure is on the sensible side when it comes to setup' wasnt irony. He just seems to be that sensible.

captmoto
1/5/2020 12:51pm
I wonder if he even took a look at Braytons set up.
kkawboy14
1/5/2020 12:52pm
Mx fans: “we want to know what was wrong with Roczen”

Roczen: “I set my bike up to stiff and could barely hang on!”

Mx fans: “thanks for the update!”
Tuna
1/5/2020 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2020 12:59pm
zehn wrote:
Wow tell us more
Tuna wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
Yeah, I fucking read it. You just don’t know the reason between and explanation and an excuse. All he said was he didn’t race as close...
Yeah, I fucking read it. You just don’t know the reason between and explanation and an excuse. All he said was he didn’t race as close to the front as he wanted to. The reason for that was that he has his suspension set up to stiff. That’s NOT an excuse. That’s simply and explanation. Once you get past kindergarten in school, you will learn more. Until then, quietly STFU and read a book.
Maybe Roczen should have spent more time in school, perhaps he may have learned to structure a statement that did not allude to him making excuses as he and so many other racers do instead of just admitting what the real issue is.
I will quietly STFU while you and others who are clearly much more intelligent than I sit around and belittle and talk down to us common folk on the Forum😂
Learn some emotional intelligence.
plowboy
1/5/2020 12:58pm
What we have here is a misunderstanding. There is a difference between excuse and reason. Depends on your perspective. An excuse is usually used to deflect responsibility. .."my mechanic forgot to tighten my sprocket bolts". A reason usually means, "I made the wrong decision and it bit me". Kenny didn't deflect...he said his suspension was set stiff...too stiff for how the track broke down. Be that as it may, when any rider tries to explain why his night didn't go as well as hoped...if you hate the guy...he's finding excuses. If he's your guy...he's giving you the reasons. Are you a lover or a hater?
SoCalMX70
1/5/2020 1:05pm
Ken admitted fault for his performance... The literal exact opposite of making excuses.
Tuna
1/5/2020 1:06pm
plowboy wrote:
What we have here is a misunderstanding. There is a difference between excuse and reason. Depends on your perspective. An excuse is usually used to deflect...
What we have here is a misunderstanding. There is a difference between excuse and reason. Depends on your perspective. An excuse is usually used to deflect responsibility. .."my mechanic forgot to tighten my sprocket bolts". A reason usually means, "I made the wrong decision and it bit me". Kenny didn't deflect...he said his suspension was set stiff...too stiff for how the track broke down. Be that as it may, when any rider tries to explain why his night didn't go as well as hoped...if you hate the guy...he's finding excuses. If he's your guy...he's giving you the reasons. Are you a lover or a hater?
He’s my favourite rider.
Certainly appreciate him taking the time to make a statement, just found it funny the way he phrased the excuse portion of it after he explained what could easily and very commonly be viewed as an excuse by many fans. So yes, his statement can easily be open to different interpretations.
aees
1/5/2020 1:11pm
plowboy wrote:
What we have here is a misunderstanding. There is a difference between excuse and reason. Depends on your perspective. An excuse is usually used to deflect...
Exactly. Explanation is not an excuse.
JM485
1/5/2020 1:11pm
plowboy wrote:
Tuna wrote:
He’s my favourite rider. Certainly appreciate him taking the time to make a statement, just found it funny the way he phrased the excuse portion of...
He’s my favourite rider.
Certainly appreciate him taking the time to make a statement, just found it funny the way he phrased the excuse portion of it after he explained what could easily and very commonly be viewed as an excuse by many fans. So yes, his statement can easily be open to different interpretations.
FFS he said he got the setup wrong and had a bad night, how the hell is that an excuse? What more do you want out of him, he explained the situation and feels he can make changes to correct it, and also owned up to making the poor setup choices. It’s not an interpretation, you’re just wrong.
Radical
Fantasy
2321st
1/5/2020 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2020 1:13pm
When Roczen says his bike is setup on the stiff side for safety reasons, he's referring to the accident that almost cost him his career and arm. He used to run his suspension much softer and it bottomed out and kicked him off the bike. So he's running his suspension stiffer than he prefers in order to prevent that from happening again. This week, his suspension was simply too stiff.
This didn't sound like an excuse to me. I'm glad to hear an update, since I was thinking his performance last night had to do with the illness.
cwel11
1/5/2020 1:13pm
If you listen to interviews from Ken after races, he’s done this for years. I sometimes think it’s how he justifies losing in his mind. He won’t allow himself to say “I didn’t have it tonight”. It makes it tough to root for him sometimes even though he’s had a helluva couple years. It bothers me when he does it, but it may be how certain elite athletes mentally handle getting beat. They won’t let their mind go there.
Tuna
1/5/2020 1:13pm
plowboy wrote:
Tuna wrote:
He’s my favourite rider. Certainly appreciate him taking the time to make a statement, just found it funny the way he phrased the excuse portion of...
He’s my favourite rider.
JM485 wrote:
FFS he said he got the setup wrong and had a bad night, how the hell is that an excuse? What more do you want out...
FFS he said he got the setup wrong and had a bad night, how the hell is that an excuse? What more do you want out of him, he explained the situation and feels he can make changes to correct it, and also owned up to making the poor setup choices. It’s not an interpretation, you’re just wrong.
You realize it’s ok to have a difference of opinion right? There does not have to always be a right or wrong.
philG
1/5/2020 1:16pm
Yet again shows what a total waste of time testing 3 months for SX is.

If the tracks you use to test , aren't representative of what you are going to race on, then don't try and work on set up at those tracks , just turn laps.

Barcia, raced off season, wins
Brayton , does he even have an off season.. on rails at 35
Anderson ' we changed nothing' .. came through well.
Webb looked shit all day , because he had the bike set up for the main. didn't give a shit about times.

Here is a tip... leave the bike that you finished last year with, the fuck alone, if you were happy with it.

These people are supposed to be pro's at the top of the sport, both riders and teams. They should be better than this.
Tuna
1/5/2020 1:18pm
cwel11 wrote:
If you listen to interviews from Ken after races, he’s done this for years. I sometimes think it’s how he justifies losing in his mind. He...
If you listen to interviews from Ken after races, he’s done this for years. I sometimes think it’s how he justifies losing in his mind. He won’t allow himself to say “I didn’t have it tonight”. It makes it tough to root for him sometimes even though he’s had a helluva couple years. It bothers me when he does it, but it may be how certain elite athletes mentally handle getting beat. They won’t let their mind go there.
I personally believe his not stellar performance was not just a case of having a stiff set up. That’s just my opinion though. Because we all know that pro riders never make excuses or tell us what’s really going on😂
Funny so many posters in this thread cannot understand what I am getting at. Isn’t this the rider that very much prefers a stiff set up?
rob162
1/5/2020 1:22pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Dear Racer, We want you to tell us how your night went; so, then we can bitch about what you said and how you said it...
Dear Racer,

We want you to tell us how your night went; so, then we can bitch about what you said and how you said it.

Laughing
This!!! I seriously fucking hate our fans by far the worst fans in any sport in my opinion. We want to know more, more, more just so we can be a bunch of whiney cunts!

Instead of taking what he said as.

Hey my M.O has been I run my suspension quite a bit softer then it needs to be in supercross which is a huge part of why I almost killed myself or at the very least almost lost my arm. So this year we started quite a bit stiffer which felt great at the test track. But now i realize it's to stiff for racing situations so were need to dial it back a touch. This is one of those things you don't really know until you line up. I fell like i should have still be farther up there but now we know what we need to tweak for next week.

That's not a excuse you morons that's insight for fuck sake.

Post a reply to: Roczen 'Statement'

The Latest