Roczen 'Statement'

mike_v812
1/5/2020 6:08pm
.......and I thought I was bored on a Sunday.
ktmwoods
1/5/2020 6:19pm
Tuna wrote:
I personally believe his not stellar performance was not just a case of having a stiff set up. That’s just my opinion though. Because we all...
I personally believe his not stellar performance was not just a case of having a stiff set up. That’s just my opinion though. Because we all know that pro riders never make excuses or tell us what’s really going on😂
Funny so many posters in this thread cannot understand what I am getting at. Isn’t this the rider that very much prefers a stiff set up?
If you don't believe that a professional athlete is both capable of identifying the reason(s) they performed poorly as well as being honest about the reason(s)...
If you don't believe that a professional athlete is both capable of identifying the reason(s) they performed poorly as well as being honest about the reason(s) why they didn't perform well, then you're just another boring, cynical fuck who has nothing meaningful to offer.

I trust Roczen is both accurate and honest about why he didn't perform as a professional athlete.
Tuna wrote:
That’s great that you trust the statement from someone you don’t know. (Apologies if you know him personally) Seems a little naive though to think that...
That’s great that you trust the statement from someone you don’t know. (Apologies if you know him personally) Seems a little naive though to think that just because someone is a professional athlete that They do not still experience human tendencies such as embarrassment, disappointment, self doubt, Dishonesty, etc. that can have a pretty substantial effect on what they might state in public. I know quite a few pro athletes including some world champions who didn’t perform well due to many variables and were not comfortable sharing them or straight up lied about their poor performance and blamed it on something unrelated. Really sorry you don’t think I have anything meaningful to offer. Luckily I don’t care about your opinion of me and my input.
@Tuna please STOP already with displaying your ignorance with every fucking post. Step away from the keyboard and go to sleep.
PastranaWho
1/5/2020 6:31pm
Hey the guy is lucky to be even riding. I dont think he will ever be the dominant rider before the injury. He gets mad respect from me though.
BobbyM
1/5/2020 6:32pm
Premix wrote:
There was a podcast with Fonseca a while back that he eluded to Kenny struggled with setting up a bike, and HRC just kind of went...
There was a podcast with Fonseca a while back that he eluded to Kenny struggled with setting up a bike, and HRC just kind of went with whatever he wanted.

This isn’t the first time KR has blamed the bike since being at Honda. Personally I think it’s very tacky to come out and say they missed the setup that badly after one race. You don’t just roll into A1 after a full offseason with a setup you think might be wrong.
Yer the fucking expert? Mouthbreather extraordinaire doesn't count.. Dork.

The Shop

Premix
1/5/2020 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2020 6:41pm
BobbyM wrote:
Hang on, gotta turn on my light so I can read another BobbyM coke induced comment....

Cancerman
1/5/2020 7:09pm
Man, why you guys all butthurt over Tuna offering his opinions? It's not like he's going after you all personally. Jez, lighten up people.
KYFHO699
1/5/2020 7:17pm
BobbyM wrote:
Dude....lay off the bong already! Your post literally makes zero sense!
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
1/5/2020 7:25pm
Aside from the excuse/explanation, I didn’t see the usual Roczen first lap slice through the pack. Perhaps it just a different attitude this year, but I loved watching him make passes that stunned his competition. Maybe his setup didn’t give him the confidence to do so.
oldblood
1/5/2020 7:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/5/2020 7:41pm
I appreciated the explanation. I understand why he would run stiff settings for this race, and just try to get through it.
I'm looking forward to next week.
matze
Fantasy
3101st
1/5/2020 7:46pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
Aside from the excuse/explanation, I didn’t see the usual Roczen first lap slice through the pack. Perhaps it just a different attitude this year, but I...
Aside from the excuse/explanation, I didn’t see the usual Roczen first lap slice through the pack. Perhaps it just a different attitude this year, but I loved watching him make passes that stunned his competition. Maybe his setup didn’t give him the confidence to do so.
I'm a simple guy. I love normal people and normal comments
oldblood
1/5/2020 7:52pm
BobbyM wrote:
Premix wrote:
Hang on, gotta turn on my light so I can read another BobbyM coke induced comment.... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/01/05/396390/s1200_1B2FBEA6_4EAB_4169_AB14_CD8276F2CB5B.jpg[/img]
Hang on, gotta turn on my light so I can read another BobbyM coke induced comment....

"I (I) have set my bike up very stiff "
Lay off Bobby.
m21racing
1/5/2020 8:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2020 8:48am
Let's see if they get it right next round; but i could give a fuck. I'd beat the brakes off him if I was his suspension guy and he blamed his results on me. With the resources they have, that should not be an excuse at all. ⚡⚡
The work they put in, the caliber of practice facilities, test riders, equipment all put them in an elite league. Just about everyone below that level would love to have those resources. He basically threw his suspension team under the bus, and that's where I get pissed. I'm sure the stress level is over the top for that crew already. So yea, I think he could have done a better way of talking about his finish. To me it's disrespectful to the team. They did thier job, he had a safe race. Sorry for the harshness, but I'd bet he's not gonna say that about his team again.
oldblood
1/5/2020 8:29pm
Suspension setup has nothing to do with sx results,
1/5/2020 8:34pm
Tuna wrote:
Maybe Roczen should have spent more time in school, perhaps he may have learned to structure a statement that did not allude to him making excuses...
Maybe Roczen should have spent more time in school, perhaps he may have learned to structure a statement that did not allude to him making excuses as he and so many other racers do instead of just admitting what the real issue is.
I will quietly STFU while you and others who are clearly much more intelligent than I sit around and belittle and talk down to us common folk on the Forum😂
Learn some emotional intelligence.
First off, please don't make me proofread this for you. Roczen expresses himself quite well, especially for a non-native English speaker.

Second off, what makes you think you understand the "real issue" better than Roczen himself?
CM_84
1/5/2020 8:46pm
oldblood wrote:
🤣
Sure thing Einstein.
PastranaWho
1/5/2020 8:48pm
oldblood wrote:
How many pro sx events have you raced?
CM_84
1/5/2020 8:50pm
oldblood wrote:
He clearly stated that he set the bike up too stiff.
He never threw his suspension guy under the bus. He just explained why he went the way he did, and explained that his decision had a negative effect.
1/5/2020 8:52pm
philG wrote:
Yet again shows what a total waste of time testing 3 months for SX is. If the tracks you use to test , aren't representative of...
Yet again shows what a total waste of time testing 3 months for SX is.

If the tracks you use to test , aren't representative of what you are going to race on, then don't try and work on set up at those tracks , just turn laps.

Barcia, raced off season, wins
Brayton , does he even have an off season.. on rails at 35
Anderson ' we changed nothing' .. came through well.
Webb looked shit all day , because he had the bike set up for the main. didn't give a shit about times.

Here is a tip... leave the bike that you finished last year with, the fuck alone, if you were happy with it.

These people are supposed to be pro's at the top of the sport, both riders and teams. They should be better than this.
Perfectly put mate. Roczen had a great season last year on a good machine and should've focused solely on bettering himself.
CM_84
1/5/2020 8:54pm
oldblood wrote:
How many pro sx events have you raced?
Back when Oldblood started watching the sport he rode his CZ uphill to the track both ways, using nothing but some old bits of timber for springs, and nobody ever complained because men were men.

1/5/2020 8:55pm
KHI Guy wrote:
"From previous experience i have set my bike up very stiff for safety reasons." If they are knowingly deviating from the optimal set up, then he...
"From previous experience i have set my bike up very stiff for safety reasons."
If they are knowingly deviating from the optimal set up, then he is never going to win again.
And may never get catapulted 30ft through the air thus almost completely destroying his arm, again. Whats better, winning or being able?
oldblood
1/5/2020 9:00pm
It was an attempt at dry humor. Haha,,,, ,, ha,
1/5/2020 10:33pm
Tuna wrote:
I personally believe his not stellar performance was not just a case of having a stiff set up. That’s just my opinion though. Because we all...
I personally believe his not stellar performance was not just a case of having a stiff set up. That’s just my opinion though. Because we all know that pro riders never make excuses or tell us what’s really going on😂
Funny so many posters in this thread cannot understand what I am getting at. Isn’t this the rider that very much prefers a stiff set up?
If you don't believe that a professional athlete is both capable of identifying the reason(s) they performed poorly as well as being honest about the reason(s)...
If you don't believe that a professional athlete is both capable of identifying the reason(s) they performed poorly as well as being honest about the reason(s) why they didn't perform well, then you're just another boring, cynical fuck who has nothing meaningful to offer.

I trust Roczen is both accurate and honest about why he didn't perform as a professional athlete.
Tuna wrote:
That’s great that you trust the statement from someone you don’t know. (Apologies if you know him personally) Seems a little naive though to think that...
That’s great that you trust the statement from someone you don’t know. (Apologies if you know him personally) Seems a little naive though to think that just because someone is a professional athlete that They do not still experience human tendencies such as embarrassment, disappointment, self doubt, Dishonesty, etc. that can have a pretty substantial effect on what they might state in public. I know quite a few pro athletes including some world champions who didn’t perform well due to many variables and were not comfortable sharing them or straight up lied about their poor performance and blamed it on something unrelated. Really sorry you don’t think I have anything meaningful to offer. Luckily I don’t care about your opinion of me and my input.
Do you know him? With your fucking attitude I can imagine you don’t make a lot of new friends. The statement you made above says everything about the person you are than it does about Ken Roczen or any other professional athelite.

Try being a decent human rather than being a reprobate by posting stupid, idiotic explanations. Think Occam’ s razer before you judge.
kiwifan
1/5/2020 10:58pm

Tuna wrote:
Bnagazina wrote:
Do you know him? With your fucking attitude I can imagine you don’t make a lot of new friends. The statement you made above says everything...
Do you know him? With your fucking attitude I can imagine you don’t make a lot of new friends. The statement you made above says everything about the person you are than it does about Ken Roczen or any other professional athelite.

Try being a decent human rather than being a reprobate by posting stupid, idiotic explanations. Think Occam’ s razer before you judge.
PoTW !!
Momus
1/6/2020 12:33am
Radical wrote:
When Roczen says his bike is setup on the stiff side for safety reasons, he's referring to the accident that almost cost him his career and...
When Roczen says his bike is setup on the stiff side for safety reasons, he's referring to the accident that almost cost him his career and arm. He used to run his suspension much softer and it bottomed out and kicked him off the bike. So he's running his suspension stiffer than he prefers in order to prevent that from happening again. This week, his suspension was simply too stiff.
This didn't sound like an excuse to me. I'm glad to hear an update, since I was thinking his performance last night had to do with the illness.
Didn't he test then Press Day, practice and qualify at Anaheim?

I admire the guy a great deal, but that statement was full cringe.

Compared to other works riders Kenny seems to have a great deal of social media freedom; He may have it in his contract but if I was the Honda boss I'd be looking hard at him in essence bagging the teams proficiency- especially in light of Brayton's performance.
1/6/2020 1:08am
Momus wrote:
Didn't he test then Press Day, practice and qualify at Anaheim? I admire the guy a great deal, but that statement was full cringe. Compared to...

Compared to other works riders Kenny seems to have a great deal of social media freedom; He may have it in his contract but if I was the Honda boss I'd be looking hard at him in essence bagging the teams proficiency- especially in light of Brayton's performance.
When his HRC contract is up, will we see a statement from him pretty much saying that the Honda isn't THAT good??

Stamp it..
1/6/2020 1:38am
Radical wrote:
When Roczen says his bike is setup on the stiff side for safety reasons, he's referring to the accident that almost cost him his career and...
When Roczen says his bike is setup on the stiff side for safety reasons, he's referring to the accident that almost cost him his career and arm. He used to run his suspension much softer and it bottomed out and kicked him off the bike. So he's running his suspension stiffer than he prefers in order to prevent that from happening again. This week, his suspension was simply too stiff.
This didn't sound like an excuse to me. I'm glad to hear an update, since I was thinking his performance last night had to do with the illness.
Momus wrote:
Didn't he test then Press Day, practice and qualify at Anaheim? I admire the guy a great deal, but that statement was full cringe. Compared to...

Yeah he did and was up the top end of the board before track got tore up.
teamddr
1/6/2020 2:32am
I’m a big KR fan but that’s embarrassing
Some of these guys won’t do MXON to show up prepped like this after dicking about for three months. Same goes for Tomac
Larry450
1/6/2020 3:48am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2020 3:49am
I think this is cool from him. Setting up the bike is part of his job and he made a mistake, no biggie. What i like the most is he said that suspension was too stiff, not something vague like setup was off or need more time testing. I wish more riders said whats exactly wrong with their setup and if they made any changes, what they were.

Post a reply to: Roczen 'Statement'

The Latest