|

7/13/2021 12:30 PM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/13/2021 12:31 PM

What no I hadn’t heard that

|

7/13/2021 12:50 PM

I guess i missed that LOL... or maybe i just commented on it and forgot.

Well he is out out now .

|

7/13/2021 4:52 PM

Has he been gone from there then? Hope these outdoors results aren’t a reflection of that already

|

7/13/2021 5:15 PM

From the riders point of view they probably think they can replicate his program after a few years and save all that money. But even if they know everything, I don't think it would be the same and them to not have that push from aldon. Doing on there own thing, im sure they might skip the things they hate and that 1% makes all the difference.

|

7/13/2021 5:17 PM

nousername wrote:

From the riders point of view they probably think they can replicate his program after a few years and save all that money. ...more

Ken and AC didn’t reach their true potential until after they left Aldon

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

7/13/2021 5:22 PM

norcal racer wrote:

Has he been gone from there then? Hope these outdoors results aren’t a reflection of that already

No idea, but didn't Anderson have the same slump in performance after having left Baker's Factory?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/13/2021 5:26 PM

nousername wrote:

From the riders point of view they probably think they can replicate his program after a few years and save all that money. ...more

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Ken and AC didn’t reach their true potential until after they left Aldon

I agree but I believe leaving there while in your prime is a little different then ken and ac at the beginning of theirs. I could be wrong but I guess we will see come sx22. I don't think its gonna stop him from winning but it could be that little bit extra he needs. But on the other hand I really think its needed to extend his career without getting burned out.

|

7/13/2021 5:30 PM

nousername wrote:

this has all been said on here a dozen times. maybe these guys just get tired of the grind after a few years.

|

21 TC125
09 CR500AF
08 Ducati Hypermotard
03 CR125
05 YZ125
95 CR250
83 Husqvarna 125XC

7/13/2021 6:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2021 6:15 PM

norcal racer wrote:

This was the first week he has been away from the program.

Not sure why my thread created earlier was deleted considering it had more info than this one. 🤷‍♂️

|

7/13/2021 6:31 PM

Not just that all of the above but think about it this is a individual sport. It's hard having all those elite championship caliber riders together in one group at one place all the time. It will never work out. You will alway wonder if riding with them is taking away the edge. When you come into that grouping you will alway get better. That's easy enough to prove but once you get to a point and everyone is working the same things you start to think would I at this point be better off on my own vs letting my main comp see what im doing day in day out. An this is something I have actually heard about being a issue last year. To many chiefs riding and not enough Indians riding. From what i know of that place from first hand accounts. I don't think you can have more then 2 championship level 450 guys there at a time. Then have 4 #2 and then the 250s. Ktm had a great idea but just outgrew it's ability to work with the massive expansion of riders.

|

7/13/2021 8:35 PM

Aldons program is nothing special anymore, everyone is doing the same thing.

|

7/13/2021 9:37 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

Kind of agree. Lawrence Brothers doing well with Johnny O, DF14 killing it with DV12, Star Racing and Swanepoel and others I'm sure. Aldon was the pioneer and other peoples success doesn't mean he isn't a badass.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

7/13/2021 9:52 PM

Aldon’s record speaks for itself. His riders have 17 SX titles since 2001.

|

7/13/2021 9:59 PM

KirkChandler wrote:

In all reality Those riders would have likely had 17 sx championships without aldon.

It’s easy to win titles as a trainer when you are training the best of the best…

If Aldon took a guy like, say, Alex Ray (a consistent 20th-ish place guy) and he started winning races and titles after working with Aldon, then I’d think Aldon had something special….but until then, I think the majority of his success is from guys that would have been very successful without him (and with another trainer).

|

7/13/2021 10:30 PM

norcal racer wrote:

Webbs outdoor results under Aldon have not exactly been outstanding and he was a 250 national champion before going to the Bakers Factory.

|

7/14/2021 1:28 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

captmoto wrote:

Kind of agree. Lawrence Brothers doing well with Johnny O, DF14 killing it with DV12, Star Racing and Swanepoel and others I'm ...more

O’Show also trained RC and JS. Further, he opened the door for Baker. O’Show has a proven record long before the Lawrence Brothers.

|

bd

7/14/2021 4:03 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

captmoto wrote:

Kind of agree. Lawrence Brothers doing well with Johnny O, DF14 killing it with DV12, Star Racing and Swanepoel and others I'm ...more

bd wrote:

O’Show also trained RC and JS. Further, he opened the door for Baker. O’Show has a proven record long before the Lawrence ...more

Lol. That is why the bros. are with him.

|

7/14/2021 5:29 AM

KirkChandler wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

In all reality Those riders would have likely had 17 sx championships without aldon.

It’s easy to win titles as a trainer ...more

Aldon Baker, turning champions into champions since 2001.

|

7/14/2021 6:08 AM

Typical thread, most people ignore the real subject.

This is a freaking bold move by Webb. If he doesn't win the SX Championship next year he is going to be under huge scrutiny and his decision will be questioned by the entire moto world. I can hear it now "He can't win without Aldon."

Webb is showing a huge amount of confidence in himself by going it alone. Either that or he has decided that the level of success he attained is good enough for him and the cost to win another championship isn't worth what he will have to pay. My money is on confidence.

|

7/14/2021 8:33 AM

Does anybody know how these deals work with trainers? Annual deal with a contract? Pay by the month?

Is this mid season deal a money deal (unlikely IMO) or does he just need a change of scenery?

|

7/14/2021 8:45 AM

KirkChandler wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

UpTiTe, turning air into worthless noise since 2008.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

7/14/2021 10:48 AM

Titan1 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

BobPA wrote:

I do my part bro.

|

7/14/2021 11:02 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

BobPA wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

I do my part bro.

What's your problem with Baker ? Fine you don't believe in what he does but with you it almost sounds like a personal vendetta.

|

7/14/2021 11:03 AM

McG194 wrote:

This is a freaking bold move by Webb. If he doesn't win the SX ...more

The advantage Aldon had was having fast guys riding together at race pace, everyone is doing it now.

Everyone is doing the same diet hokus pokus, most top guys have a dietitian keeping track of their blood work.

If he doesn’t win next year, it won’t be an Aldon guy who does.

|

7/14/2021 11:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/14/2021 11:06 AM

This isn't surprising. Once you've learned how to eat, train and recover....why would you continue to pay someone an exorbitant amount of money to keep telling you how to do said things?

|

7/14/2021 11:40 AM

BobPA wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

I do my part bro.

ATKpilot99 wrote:

What's your problem with Baker ? Fine you don't believe in what he does but with you it almost sounds like a personal ...more

No problem with him personally, I hate how everyone thinks he is responsible for all his riders success, nobody ever talks about all his failures, especially with their 250 program.

Great trainer for sure, his structure was his success, other than that, he does nothing special.

|

7/14/2021 11:58 AM

McG194 wrote:

This is a freaking bold move by Webb. If he doesn't win the SX ...more

UpTiTe wrote:

The advantage Aldon had was having fast guys riding together at race pace, everyone is doing it now.

Everyone is doing the ...more

Isn't the points leader in 450's doing a plant based diet? I don't think everyone is doing a plant based diet.

|

7/14/2021 12:05 PM

KirkChandler wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

Webb and anderson are 2 recent examples of people who didnt come alive until they went to aldons

|