TWMX - Malcolm Stewart, Making The Right Moves

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3767th
|
js451
9/13/2018 2:34am
Always entertaining watching Malcolm ride. Looking forward to see what he can do on the red machine at MEC
APLMAN99
9/13/2018 6:08am
I didn't realize that Malcolm's deal is only for the "off season" so far, not for the 2019 SX season yet......
jenssog
9/13/2018 6:30am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2018 6:39am
He mentions "...not focusing on the right things" and "...making big changes". Are there other big changes besides the obvious change to a smaller non-factory team? Roger Larsen?

The Shop

olds cool
9/13/2018 6:32am
Who knew that "off season" deals would become a thing?...
tprice07
9/13/2018 7:20am
jenssog wrote:
He mentions "...not focusing on the right things" and "...making big changes". Are there other big changes besides the obvious change to a smaller non-factory team...
He mentions "...not focusing on the right things" and "...making big changes". Are there other big changes besides the obvious change to a smaller non-factory team? Roger Larsen?
"been in a pretty bad circle" was the one that stood out to me. Who knows what it means, but it sure sounds like there will be crickets are the Stewart Compound at least until the East Coast rounds.
BobKerr
9/13/2018 8:07am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2018 8:10am
jenssog wrote:
He mentions "...not focusing on the right things" and "...making big changes". Are there other big changes besides the obvious change to a smaller non-factory team...
That and "in a pretty bad circle these past few years", and "get away from that" were some very interesting comments. Sounds like he isn't talking about the race team, but what has been going on in his personal life for the past couple of years. I'm guessing bad habits and bad people/influences. I don't believe Malcolm has reached his full potential. Maybe he will in 2019.
MelonFan123
9/13/2018 8:44am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I didn't realize that Malcolm's deal is only for the "off season" so far, not for the 2019 SX season yet......
There was an interview with Tony also, where he talks about the philosophy behind doing this off-season deal.

Their budget is set with Brayton and Friese so they will need some extra sponsorship commitment to bring on Malcolm for SX 19.

Brayton is in Australia so they had open resources to help Malcolm. They are hoping his off season results brings some attention, and in return more sponsors.

https://motocross.transworld.net/news/tony-alessi-malcolm-stewart-motoconcepts/
WW444
9/13/2018 9:05am
I know Friese has been with them for a long time and I'm sure they are loyal to each other but wouldn't Malcolm be a better pick over Friese? I do not know the exact results last season between the 2 but surely Friese is on his way out the door soon.
BobKerr
9/13/2018 9:47am
WW444 wrote:
I know Friese has been with them for a long time and I'm sure they are loyal to each other but wouldn't Malcolm be a better...
I know Friese has been with them for a long time and I'm sure they are loyal to each other but wouldn't Malcolm be a better pick over Friese? I do not know the exact results last season between the 2 but surely Friese is on his way out the door soon.
2018:
11th Malcolm
12th Vince

2017:
15th Malcolm
16th Vince

2016:
1st Malcom (250SXE)
16th Vince
jeffro503
9/13/2018 10:05am
jenssog wrote:
BobKerr wrote:
That and "in a pretty bad circle these past few years", and "get away from that" were some very interesting comments. Sounds like he isn't talking...
That and "in a pretty bad circle these past few years", and "get away from that" were some very interesting comments. Sounds like he isn't talking about the race team, but what has been going on in his personal life for the past couple of years. I'm guessing bad habits and bad people/influences. I don't believe Malcolm has reached his full potential. Maybe he will in 2019.
I don't think he mean's family....I think it's probably toward's all the "hanger-on's " that weren't doing anything helpful to get him race ready. I hope he doesn't make another drastic change and just up and leave, MCR seem's to believe in him and it's a pretty badass team to be one if you don't have a factory ride. Hope he stick's with it.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1299th
9/13/2018 10:24am
I actually liked him at JGR (although I don’t think this was a bad switch)
He kinda picked up where JS7 left off riding the Suzuki in a way. Plus I think him and Peick looked cool as teammates Laughing
downard254
9/13/2018 11:32am
I’d like to see Malcolm wind up at Motoconcepts. I believe it’s a legit bike/platform, and I’d love to see Malcolm get a trainer and do some serious training and be as fit as possible. Until then, I don’t think we’ll ever see what his potential is. I’d bet with great fitness, he would return some pretty good results.
twizzler
9/13/2018 11:36am
I saw Malcolm last Tuesday at the same gate as me at the Orlando Airport, we we're both flying to Ontario, CA. He's a very friendly and down to earth dude. I wish him the best of luck and do hope he does good and captures a quality ride.
Titan1
9/13/2018 1:13pm
I just don't understand why he's never raced the nationals?
deluxeman
9/13/2018 2:19pm
I am not a fan of Malcom at all. I think he has had a lot of words typed about him here on Vital for not many results. I am guilty of getting caught up in these threads myself so no hate on anybody from me about that.

What I will say is, I think he is good for the sport, he adds something to the mix that is missing. He has a good personality, seems to enjoy the fans and always seems pretty upbeat about life. He is not all business with a sterile personality that we see a lot of these days. He adds a different twist to the plot.
ML512
Fantasy
63rd
9/13/2018 2:27pm
Titan1 wrote:
JGR asked him to do a few rounds at the end, so Peick could take off for surgery...but he turned it down, that's how Reed ended up getting in at Ironman.
uk125250
9/13/2018 3:11pm
Has always seemed like a really nice guy.
Titan1
9/13/2018 3:19pm
Titan1 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
JGR asked him to do a few rounds at the end, so Peick could take off for surgery...but he turned it down, that's how Reed ended...
JGR asked him to do a few rounds at the end, so Peick could take off for surgery...but he turned it down, that's how Reed ended up getting in at Ironman.
Does he just not see any value in it?

Seems if he would have been on the track all summer...he'd of likely had rides lined up most of his career? Supercross only is a luxury established big bike champions get to enjoy at the end of their career...
BobKerr
9/13/2018 3:37pm
Titan1 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
JGR asked him to do a few rounds at the end, so Peick could take off for surgery...but he turned it down, that's how Reed ended...
Titan1 wrote:
Does he just not see any value in it? Seems if he would have been on the track all summer...he'd of likely had rides lined up...

Seems if he would have been on the track all summer...he'd of likely had rides lined up most of his career? Supercross only is a luxury established big bike champions get to enjoy at the end of their career...
I don't think he has the fitness to last two motos outdoors. He threw out the anchor around lap 12 at Daytona that one year.
9/13/2018 5:40pm
Titan1 wrote:
Does he just not see any value in it? Seems if he would have been on the track all summer...he'd of likely had rides lined up...

I believe in the past Matthes has mentioned that Roger Larsen doesn't really see the point in doing the nationals. Whether that's true or not I don't know but that kind of thing might be what Malcolm is referring to when he said he's been in a bad circle.
plowboy
9/13/2018 6:01pm
When Malcolm's fitness and desire match his natural abilility...look the Hell out.
Spat24
Fantasy
533rd
9/13/2018 6:20pm
plowboy wrote:
When Malcolm's fitness and desire match his natural abilility...look the Hell out.
I hope this happens soon - it is fun to watch him ride.
brocster
9/13/2018 6:20pm
deluxeman wrote:
I am not a fan of Malcom at all. I think he has had a lot of words typed about him here on Vital for not...
I am not a fan of Malcom at all. I think he has had a lot of words typed about him here on Vital for not many results. I am guilty of getting caught up in these threads myself so no hate on anybody from me about that.

What I will say is, I think he is good for the sport, he adds something to the mix that is missing. He has a good personality, seems to enjoy the fans and always seems pretty upbeat about life. He is not all business with a sterile personality that we see a lot of these days. He adds a different twist to the plot.
You sure you not a fan??? Pretty precise second paragraph for someone that is “ not a fan at all”
mx 219
Fantasy
832nd
9/13/2018 6:48pm
plowboy wrote:
and if it never does???
deluxeman
9/14/2018 5:45am
deluxeman wrote:
I am not a fan of Malcom at all. I think he has had a lot of words typed about him here on Vital for not...

brocster wrote:
You sure you not a fan??? Pretty precise second paragraph for someone that is “ not a fan at all”
No I can say that I don't ever root for the guy during races. He gets a ton of TV time for a guy that has very mediocre results in the 450 class. I just think the media wants to hype him into being the next James, and he just isn't.

Just because I am not a fan doesn't mean I don't want that person in the sport. Sometimes I have to take off the fanboy hat and realize that my opinion isn't the only opinion.

Post a reply to: TWMX - Malcolm Stewart, Making The Right Moves

The Latest