JGR 2020

Wells423
3/6/2019 1:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2019 7:29pm
Assuming this is Justin Hill’s last season with them (as it should be), what is their next big move? The really need someone capable of getting results regularly. It’s ridiculous that Hill can’t manage to crack the top 10 with JA, WP, MS, ZO, VF, JB missing. Funny how he was supposed to be a bad ass and has flopped while JS nad AP both have top 5’s. Chad Reed is the only guy getting results and he’s inconsistent at best. They really need to put a good bid in on JS or AC and hire Wilson as a back up. I’m sure it’s hard to sell a title sponsor when your marquis guy is a back marker most nights. Hopefully they can hire someone worth paying before it’s to late.
|
rehan53
3/6/2019 1:52pm
IDK? My BFF Jill?
kiwifan
3/6/2019 1:52pm
I suspect JGR will not be around next year, I hope not....
4csHATER
3/6/2019 1:55pm
Dude why all the hate on justin hill, he is just young and having fun, isnt that what it was all supposed to be about in the first place.

all this seriousness is gonna kill dirt bikes, no wonder why walmart and kroger dont sell toy dirt bikes any more, there is no fun in it, and when there is your looked at as wrong.

Explains why hot wheels pulled out of moto no fun in it.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2866th
3/6/2019 2:01pm
4csHATER wrote:
Dude why all the hate on justin hill, he is just young and having fun, isnt that what it was all supposed to be about in...
Dude why all the hate on justin hill, he is just young and having fun, isnt that what it was all supposed to be about in the first place.

all this seriousness is gonna kill dirt bikes, no wonder why walmart and kroger dont sell toy dirt bikes any more, there is no fun in it, and when there is your looked at as wrong.

Not sure he’s being paid to just be “young and have fun”. Although I don't know the details of his contract. Hate to burst your bubble kid but it is serious when these teams are investing the amount of money they are for each rider. at the end of the day it is a business.....

The Shop

twizzler
3/6/2019 2:07pm
kiwifan wrote:
If JGR folds, I think that will be the end of Suzuki in USA pro racing SX/MX. They won't fund their own factory team. JGR going away is bad for all things moto. I hope they stay around for years to come. Pro's already don't ride Suzuki's unless they are on JGR or HEP. Privateers don't choose to race Suzuki's due to their lack of innovation. Amateurs don't even ride them. If Suzuki doesn't change their ways they may just fade away out of the dirt bike market altogether. Future for Suzuki dirt bikes does not look good at this current time.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/6/2019 2:11pm
kiwifan wrote:
twizzler wrote:
If JGR folds, I think that will be the end of Suzuki in USA pro racing SX/MX. They won't fund their own factory team. JGR going...
If JGR folds, I think that will be the end of Suzuki in USA pro racing SX/MX. They won't fund their own factory team. JGR going away is bad for all things moto. I hope they stay around for years to come. Pro's already don't ride Suzuki's unless they are on JGR or HEP. Privateers don't choose to race Suzuki's due to their lack of innovation. Amateurs don't even ride them. If Suzuki doesn't change their ways they may just fade away out of the dirt bike market altogether. Future for Suzuki dirt bikes does not look good at this current time.
I'd have to disagree on privateers not riding them because of lack of innovation. I'd say it has more to do with lack of support. But that's just like, my opinion man Wink
Frank
3/6/2019 2:14pm
JGR should try new managment for the team if they are able to continue. 10 years with the same guy is long enough.
Wells423
3/6/2019 2:15pm
4csHATER wrote:
Dude why all the hate on justin hill, he is just young and having fun, isnt that what it was all supposed to be about in...

How many people have professional jobs where it’s ok to be young and have fun? I mean Chiz and Lamay are only a few positions behind him every week on non factory equipment. If he wants to be young and have fun so be it but quit wasting peoples time and money in the process.
resetjet
3/6/2019 2:16pm
kiwifan wrote:
twizzler wrote:
If JGR folds, I think that will be the end of Suzuki in USA pro racing SX/MX. They won't fund their own factory team. JGR going...
No way.... they probably have the best contingency and their bikes are cheap.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
3/6/2019 2:22pm
Frank wrote:
JGR should try new managment for the team if they are able to continue. 10 years with the same guy is long enough.
I've wondered about this too. In other sports, coaches and managers get canned all the time when results are not good. However, this sport is different and their manager is a great guy.
Hudd_421
3/6/2019 2:37pm
Cuz it's Jbone's fault Stewart or Barcia didn't preform to expectation...

There have been 3 SX Champions in the last 8 years? RD, RV and JA...what else do you expect if you cant get one of those 3 guys?
mxb2
3/6/2019 2:45pm
4csHATER wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:
Not sure he’s being paid to just be “young and have fun”. Although I don't know the details of his contract. Hate to burst your bubble...
Not sure he’s being paid to just be “young and have fun”. Although I don't know the details of his contract. Hate to burst your bubble kid but it is serious when these teams are investing the amount of money they are for each rider. at the end of the day it is a business.....
X2,have fun on your own time.
MOTO732
3/6/2019 2:55pm
JGR Suzuki is barely a factory effort in most people's eye. You have Factory Honda, ME Factory Kawasaki, Red Bull Factory KTM/RS HUSKY, ME Factory Yamaha...and then fkng JGR Suzuki. I mean Suzuki is a great bike, but in the pro ranks, it is a few notches down for damn sure. It's where pro's go when their careers are basically dead, dying or they have no other choice. Nobody aspires to be on that team. I see them as a satellite team tbh. Nobody really wants to ride that bike if they have any other options. JGR put in a decent effort, but if they are around in 2020 I'd be stunned.
downard254
3/6/2019 2:56pm
If JGR were to get out, who would be the most likely prospect to pick up the Suzuki mantle. Would HEP be able to secure some additional sponsorship, or could another satellite team be able to do it. I can’t think of anyone out there who currently would have the ability to draw enough sponsorship money to get two, let alone one top level rider.
NeedMoto
3/6/2019 3:01pm
4csHATER wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:
Not sure he’s being paid to just be “young and have fun”. Although I don't know the details of his contract. Hate to burst your bubble...
mxb2 wrote:
X2,have fun on your own time.
X3...^^^ Agreed!
stillwelding
3/6/2019 3:12pm
4csHATER wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:
Ditto. Wanna have fun. Fund your own team like Team22 did. Ask Chad how much fun that 5 to 10 million was for 5 years of fun.
foreman52
Fantasy
3155th
3/6/2019 3:18pm
I am a fan of Hill, but he won’t put in the work (to the extent all the other riders are). If he grew up during the J-Law era doing what he is now it may fly. Can’t see him sticking around next year with the weak performance in 250 SX and not much brilliance in the 450. Still has some time to prove himself.

I have a hard time seeing Savatgy, AC, or Seely going to the team but one of those riders is what they need.

I don’t know what these guys have for contracts left but having either Jordon Smith, Shane McElrath, or Martin Davalos I think would be realistic given what the team is.

...hope to see Pieck back but hard to say. Reed is only on a one year deal but he seems commited to his program. I have a hunch he moved for other reasons though and will be working his way out of prefessional dirt bike racing after SX and will either be working with a team or jumping in a “safer” career.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
3/6/2019 3:32pm
I think should go 250 only and really try and get some up-and-coming 250 prospects.
zippytech
3/6/2019 3:36pm
Wasn't Suzuki almost in bankruptcy a few years ago? Didn't they have a hard time getting Dungey his money after he won a championship?
Premixed112
3/6/2019 3:40pm
I feel like JGR just needs to be on a better brand. Let's be honest, the Suzuki is a plenty good bike for amateurs... But for the pros, it's clearly not cutting it, and the Yamaha back in the day wasn't great when they were on it. They've made bad decisions with the brand they choose to run.

In theory, they should be one of the top teams! They have plenty of resources to do all they want with the bike they're on, but when your base product is so far below the other teams, there's only so much you can do to try to make it better. I don't know why they can't be the ones to be a second-tier team for any of the other brands that are better out of the box. If they do this, they could start gaining legitimacy and get better riders and eventually be one of the top factory teams.
Bruce372
3/6/2019 3:45pm
Who do people insist on using riders initials... some of us have no clue who you are talking about.

I always though JS was James Stewart???
LungButter
3/6/2019 3:46pm
4csHATER wrote:

You can't be serious.

JGR has probably 20-30 people on staff to make this race team happen, it ain't for fun, it's for results.

STLSharky
3/6/2019 3:46pm
Wells423 wrote:
Assuming this is Justin Hill’s last season with them (as it should be), what is their next big move? The really need someone capable of getting...
Assuming this is Justin Hill’s last season with them (as it should be), what is their next big move? The really need someone capable of getting results regularly. It’s ridiculous that Hill can’t manage to crack the top 10 with JA, WP, MS, ZO, VF, JB missing. Funny how he was supposed to be a bad ass and has flopped while JS nad AP both have top 5’s. Chad Reed is the only guy getting results and he’s inconsistent at best. They really need to put a good bid in on JS or AC and hire Wilson as a back up. I’m sure it’s hard to sell a title sponsor when your marquis guy is a back marker most nights. Hopefully they can hire someone worth paying before it’s to late.
Nothing against J-Bone but any other job serving that long and no title he'd probably be fired right or wrong
jonesaustin
3/6/2019 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 3:48pm
Justin Hill has it, where it becomes viable is another question. JGR just smacks of NASCAR, not palm trees and southern Cali supercross practice tracks in the sun. it's not a motorsport, it's a flow sport. should be no correlation to NASCAR ever. alas, it already made its way in, and nothing's been as good since.
STLSharky
3/6/2019 3:48pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Who do people insist on using riders initials... some of us have no clue who you are talking about.

I always though JS was James Stewart???
Yes^^^^^^ Stop that bullshit and #dropthegate #whosnext #deepfield
3/6/2019 3:49pm
There is so much assumption and ignorance in this thread that it's comical. People sure don't like Suzuki for some reason.
jonesaustin
3/6/2019 3:53pm
There is so much assumption and ignorance in this thread that it's comical. People sure don't like Suzuki for some reason.
Suzuki is a favorite of many, but they need to reimagine their bike and advance what an MX bike can look and act like. evolution is already too slow, and I hate they they're on the tail end of that. how much can it possibly cost? hire the engineers, and make history with a radical new design like Kawasaki 1990.
olds cool
3/6/2019 3:53pm
If he gets to ride the outdoors as has been discussed here, and puts in some good results, Broc Tickle will be available next year. That could be a good opportunity for him to come back home to NC. Flame on...
Titan1
3/6/2019 3:55pm
Hudd_421 wrote:
Cuz it's Jbone's fault Stewart or Barcia didn't preform to expectation... There have been 3 SX Champions in the last 8 years? RD, RV and JA...what...
Cuz it's Jbone's fault Stewart or Barcia didn't preform to expectation...

There have been 3 SX Champions in the last 8 years? RD, RV and JA...what else do you expect if you cant get one of those 3 guys?
What do you expect? How about podiums? Top 5s? Lots of those handed out the past 8 years...and very very few of them went to JGR.
Titan1
3/6/2019 3:58pm
4csHATER wrote:

Justin needs to start doing what his brother is doing...take all that incredible talent he has...and start making free ride videos, hit up straight rhythm, and other one off races and make a living that way. Seems like he'll be far happier that way. No shame in that...not everyone is cut out to be top 3 or top 5 racer.

Post a reply to: JGR 2020

The Latest