Deegan cutting the track in the supermini 1 moto 2 at the mini o's.

APLMAN99
12/1/2020 8:19am
gt80rider wrote:
Danger Boy is still, wait for it.... still a BOY! He is still learning the ropes of racing.... Now, when you see the big boys doing...
Danger Boy is still, wait for it.... still a BOY! He is still learning the ropes of racing....

Now, when you see the big boys doing it, the guys with 7 digits in their bank accounts, completely different story...
You don't really learn much without being held to standards.......

I love this kid's videos and stuff.

Hopefully the race officials did the right thing for all the competitors in that race and Deegan learns a valuable lesson as well.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
12/1/2020 8:20am
I'm a fan, but this bothers me... He should be docked for sure.
early
Fantasy
2231st
12/1/2020 8:21am
From what I've heard he was protested and it was seen before the protests. The ama wanted to dock him and the promoter advised them not...
From what I've heard he was protested and it was seen before the protests. The ama wanted to dock him and the promoter advised them not to.
Seriously?
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
12/1/2020 8:24am
Motocross has rules. Those rules apply whether you earn 7 figures or you are racing the 50cc class at Chicken Licks Raceway. I'm not sure of the rules at the Mini Os, but they are AMA, correct? Here are the stipulations in the 2020 AMA amateur rulebook:

6. Course Cutting
a. Leaving the designated race course is forbidden. A
rider must make every effort to stay on course at all
times. The penalty for course cutting to gain an
advantage will be the loss of finishing positions or a
disqualification.
b. A rider forced off the course may continue the race by
properly re-entering the track at the closest safe point.
While off the course the rider may not accelerate in
an unsafe manner or attempt to gain an advantage.
If a rider accelerates while off the course or cuts large
amounts of the race course, the rider may be
determined to have gained an advantage without
gaining a position.
c. An advantage is not defined by the race position.

Looks like Dangerboy should have been docked positions for accelerating while off course.

The Shop

Adam43
12/1/2020 8:25am
Subscriber count does not allow him to start worse than 5th
str8line
12/1/2020 8:30am Edited Date/Time 12/1/2020 8:36am
Moto520 wrote:
Yep.....should be docked. It didn't get caught when it happened so i doubt the 3 day old instant replay is going to change his results. Could...
Yep.....should be docked. It didn't get caught when it happened so i doubt the 3 day old instant replay is going to change his results. Could you imagine if they took all of the archival footage and started making phone calls every time there was an infraction? Definitely should have been protested or however it works but days after the incident....he's good.
From what I've heard he was protested and it was seen before the protests. The ama wanted to dock him and the promoter advised them not...
From what I've heard he was protested and it was seen before the protests. The ama wanted to dock him and the promoter advised them not to.
Which race was this? Was it his first start on the track, if so is it possible he confused the track markers?

Regardless, he should have been penalized. He should have started last. Since they didn't penalize him(ridiculous) Brian Deegan should step up and do the right thing.

This is a big deal and could really hurt Haiden's image. His camp need to get on top of this, issue an apology and forfeit his result. It would be the mature thing to do and set a good example.
TooTallJason
Fantasy
826th
12/1/2020 8:34am
Moto520 wrote:
Yep.....should be docked. It didn't get caught when it happened so i doubt the 3 day old instant replay is going to change his results. Could...
Yep.....should be docked. It didn't get caught when it happened so i doubt the 3 day old instant replay is going to change his results. Could you imagine if they took all of the archival footage and started making phone calls every time there was an infraction? Definitely should have been protested or however it works but days after the incident....he's good.
str8line wrote:
Which race was this? Was it his first start on the track, if so is it possible he confused the track markers? Regardless, he should have...
Which race was this? Was it his first start on the track, if so is it possible he confused the track markers?

Regardless, he should have been penalized. He should have started last. Since they didn't penalize him(ridiculous) Brian Deegan should step up and do the right thing.

This is a big deal and could really hurt Haiden's image. His camp need to get on top of this, issue an apology and forfeit his result. It would be the mature thing to do and set a good example.
I don't know Brian Deegan personally, but I think that there is a near-zero percent chance of an apology. I would bet money that their argument would be that he didn't stay on the gas 100%, that even if he accelerated it wasn't as much as the dudes on the track, and that he reentered as safely as possible.
str8line
12/1/2020 8:43am Edited Date/Time 12/1/2020 8:50am
str8line wrote:
Which race was this? Was it his first start on the track, if so is it possible he confused the track markers? Regardless, he should have...

I don't know Brian Deegan personally, but I think that there is a near-zero percent chance of an apology. I would bet money that their argument...
I don't know Brian Deegan personally, but I think that there is a near-zero percent chance of an apology. I would bet money that their argument would be that he didn't stay on the gas 100%, that even if he accelerated it wasn't as much as the dudes on the track, and that he reentered as safely as possible.
That would be a mistake. This isn't going to go away, and could define people's opinions of Haiden for a long time to come. The video doesn't lie. Sure, you could say, "big deal, it's just one race". But once the image of a cheater has been implanted in people's minds you know how that goes. As a parent Brian has a duty to show his kids what good sportsmanship is. It's his decision to make. Haiden seems like a good kid and he might have just made a mistake and in that split decision didn't fall in line. And it's not just Haiden we're talking about really since the Deegan's are basically a race team at this point. Brian has an image to protect for all his kids.
LungButter
12/1/2020 8:47am
str8line wrote:
That would be a mistake. This isn't going to go away, and could define people's opinions of Haiden for a long time to come. The video...
That would be a mistake. This isn't going to go away, and could define people's opinions of Haiden for a long time to come. The video doesn't lie. Sure, you could say, "big deal, it's just one race". But once the image of a cheater has been implanted in people's minds you know how that goes. As a parent Brian has a duty to show his kids what good sportsmanship is. It's his decision to make. Haiden seems like a good kid and he might have just made a mistake and in that split decision didn't fall in line. And it's not just Haiden we're talking about really since the Deegan's are basically a race team at this point. Brian has an image to protect for all his kids.
Tarnish an entire career over an incident during ONE start in the f'n Supermini class? Give me a break, nobody will remember this by next week.

Do you have a pattern of huge overreactions or is this a first for you?

Do you watch professional racing where on a weekly basis we see guys wide open on the side of the track and nothing is done about it?

TooTallJason
Fantasy
826th
12/1/2020 8:49am
str8line wrote:

I don't know Brian Deegan personally, but I think that there is a near-zero percent chance of an apology. I would bet money that their argument...
str8line wrote:
That would be a mistake. This isn't going to go away, and could define people's opinions of Haiden for a long time to come. The video...
Sure, in your opinion.

If the opinion of the Deegan family is what I suspect, then they would view your opinion as incorrect, and thus would highly unlikely to apologize.

Additionally, I don't think that Brian Deegan is the type to get scared about controversy. I'd imagine he's of the "any publicity is good publicity,"

I also think it's unlikely that cutting the track was a strategy. Anyone seen him cut track before? He's savvy enough to realize that this race had as many eyes on it as Loretta's with the livestream.
gt80rider
12/1/2020 8:50am
gt80rider wrote:
Danger Boy is still, wait for it.... still a BOY! He is still learning the ropes of racing.... Now, when you see the big boys doing...
Danger Boy is still, wait for it.... still a BOY! He is still learning the ropes of racing....

Now, when you see the big boys doing it, the guys with 7 digits in their bank accounts, completely different story...
HarrowDrag wrote:
Ha! What a ridiculous excuse. Kid knows damn well what he's doing. Dads 7 figure bank account allows him to ride a bike more than most...
Ha! What a ridiculous excuse.
Kid knows damn well what he's doing.
Dads 7 figure bank account allows him to ride a bike more than most and mini O's ain't exactly beginner level shit.
Alright Mr never made a mistake before... especially when u were young.... lmao
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
12/1/2020 8:51am Edited Date/Time 12/1/2020 8:51am
Someone needs to start a petition to get him a lifetime ban from the AMA...it’s the only proper penalty for something this serious..Laughing

JB 19
12/1/2020 8:52am
str8line wrote:

str8line wrote:
There was also the big bore 50 incident.
dkurtd
12/1/2020 9:06am
str8line wrote:
Sure, in your opinion. If the opinion of the Deegan family is what I suspect, then they would view your opinion as incorrect, and thus would...
Sure, in your opinion.

If the opinion of the Deegan family is what I suspect, then they would view your opinion as incorrect, and thus would highly unlikely to apologize.

Additionally, I don't think that Brian Deegan is the type to get scared about controversy. I'd imagine he's of the "any publicity is good publicity,"

I also think it's unlikely that cutting the track was a strategy. Anyone seen him cut track before? He's savvy enough to realize that this race had as many eyes on it as Loretta's with the livestream.
He did cut the track at Loretta's a few years back, maybe two years after the 50cc big bore incident. He was docked positions then. So yea it's either strategy or desperation.
berm surfer
12/1/2020 9:12am Edited Date/Time 12/1/2020 9:44am
Google Haiden's worth..the kid has a 7 digit bank account and is making money..
berm surfer
12/1/2020 10:02am
Some of yall hate on people for signing up to make a post which is ridiculous to me. Chances are they've been on vital for a long time and finally have something to say, regardless if its important or not, there is NO golden rule stating you cant make a thread for your first post. This dudes post had credit, the video and picture. The weird thought process about a rule that doesnt exist to discredit others is laughable.
Yeti831
12/1/2020 10:03am
22:25 for the start.

https://youtu.be/WTt5UqGj3zw
Wooooow, he didn’t have to dodge anyone. If anything, it looks he almost took someone out just to beeline it to cut the corner.

Kid or not, there needs to be a penalty for that. He didn’t get a good start and just screwed the other kids that did.
outerlimits
12/1/2020 10:09am
Question wrote:
Really weird stuff. He was actually pulling the holeshot or top 3-5 start then like completely lost balance (probably a rut) and went off track. For...
Really weird stuff. He was actually pulling the holeshot or top 3-5 start then like completely lost balance (probably a rut) and went off track. For sure he should not have re entered the track as quickly and should get docked a few positions.
JB 19 wrote:
Did you watch the video? He just flat out turned like 30 feet before the corner and stayed on the gas. He literally had about a...
Did you watch the video? He just flat out turned like 30 feet before the corner and stayed on the gas. He literally had about a whole football field to catch a rut, right himself and stay on the track.

I just played it back at 1/4 speed. He started 2nd from the inside and was untouched and well clear of the kid to his left when he cut over. We can all guess about whether it was intended or not, but it appears on video as intended. The race officials need to just do their job as they would with anyone else. There is no doubt he gained a boatload of positions.
kage173
12/1/2020 10:11am
Looked like he planned on doing it. Just totally decided to skip the first turn.
chasetwo79
12/1/2020 10:11am
I raced the Mini Os from little bikes to ProSport. The gate is always stacked, the track soil there is different than almost anywhere in the country, and it’s a left handed turn that funnels really tightly. There is rarely a start that doesn’t get fucked up there. You could watch Moto after Moto and see an error on the start nearly every time. That’s what happens when you put 40 amateurs on the gate.

Deegan is a kid and he’s already living rent free in the heads of jealous vitards.
12/1/2020 10:14am
Some of yall hate on people for signing up to make a post which is ridiculous to me. Chances are they've been on vital for a...
Some of yall hate on people for signing up to make a post which is ridiculous to me. Chances are they've been on vital for a long time and finally have something to say, regardless if its important or not, there is NO golden rule stating you cant make a thread for your first post. This dudes post had credit, the video and picture. The weird thought process about a rule that doesnt exist to discredit others is laughable.
I've been on vital for longer than I can remember and I've been here daily for the past 3 years. With that being said I totally expected this.
12/1/2020 10:29am
You guy need to review the video closer. It clearly wasn’t on purpose, no one would ever be bold enough to do that on purpose. It occurred, now the only argument is whether he slowed down enough to justify reentering in the position that he did. He got a good jump, put his body weight over that back wheel for more traction and drive. When he did that his front wheel was slightly elevated and the rut through him off balance. He slowed slightly, even had to pivot around the camera man. At best he maintained speed, but didn’t accelerate heavily until reentering the track. He got a better start then he should have, but purely an accident.
Lucifa.
12/1/2020 10:38am
Once a cheat, always a cheat.

Whats next? Oversized bore?
EngIceDave
12/1/2020 10:41am
I've been on vital for longer than I can remember and I've been here daily for the past 3 years. With that being said I totally...
I've been on vital for longer than I can remember and I've been here daily for the past 3 years. With that being said I totally expected this.
We should make up a quiz for something like this....Answer OG questions

Who is RC16 and what did he do?

Who's Marcad?
Mikeeep?

What was BobbyM's famous insult?

Did Gman's van really break down?

d394
12/1/2020 10:41am
He is just a kid, plenty of kids have done worse things in life!
dkurtd
12/1/2020 10:45am
Lucifa. wrote:
Once a cheat, always a cheat.

Whats next? Oversized bore?
They did that on 50's.
slipdog
12/1/2020 10:50am
I don't know shit about racing but after watching the video I tend to agree with Practice Champs observation.

Post a reply to: Deegan cutting the track in the supermini 1 moto 2 at the mini o's.

The Latest