Deegan cutting the track in the supermini 1 moto 2 at the mini o's.

RMT
12/1/2020 7:28pm
Falcon wrote:
Motocross has rules. Those rules apply whether you earn 7 figures or you are racing the 50cc class at Chicken Licks Raceway. I'm not sure of...
Motocross has rules. Those rules apply whether you earn 7 figures or you are racing the 50cc class at Chicken Licks Raceway. I'm not sure of the rules at the Mini Os, but they are AMA, correct? Here are the stipulations in the 2020 AMA amateur rulebook:

6. Course Cutting
a. Leaving the designated race course is forbidden. A
rider must make every effort to stay on course at all
times. The penalty for course cutting to gain an
advantage will be the loss of finishing positions or a
disqualification.
b. A rider forced off the course may continue the race by
properly re-entering the track at the closest safe point.
While off the course the rider may not accelerate in
an unsafe manner or attempt to gain an advantage.
If a rider accelerates while off the course or cuts large
amounts of the race course, the rider may be
determined to have gained an advantage without
gaining a position.
c. An advantage is not defined by the race position.

Looks like Dangerboy should have been docked positions for accelerating while off course.
Pretty clear he violated that rule in a few ways. Strange he didn't get penalized if he really was protested.
Donkey Kong
12/1/2020 7:30pm
gt80rider wrote:
Danger Boy is still, wait for it.... still a BOY! He is still learning the ropes of racing.... Now, when you see the big boys doing...
Danger Boy is still, wait for it.... still a BOY! He is still learning the ropes of racing....

Now, when you see the big boys doing it, the guys with 7 digits in their bank accounts, completely different story...
This kid, I can tell you with certainty, is only making 1 less digit per year. He's a factory rider just like the other guys, and...
This kid, I can tell you with certainty, is only making 1 less digit per year. He's a factory rider just like the other guys, and there's no excuse for this. I race against him man, and I hate this kid. There are better youth riders but he gets all the hype. Kids like Daxton Bennick and Casey Cochran deserve some love too. He's been racing around 10 years now, as have I, and as a lower ranking amature if I know not to cut the track, he should.
Comin' at ya from Cookeville!
Cancerman
12/1/2020 7:32pm
No matter who the rider is and what level he's racing at, that should not be allowed. It's not fair to every other rider in that class, period. Remove the personality, the age, etc. I can't believe anyone here would think this was acceptable. Simple.
EngIceDave
12/1/2020 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2020 7:38pm
Go follow Radmx on Insta

That's the guy holding the camera he goes around

The Shop

str8line
12/1/2020 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2020 8:12pm
early wrote:
Looks like he had plenty of time to reenter the track before the banners started at the corner. He did go on to win the moto...
Looks like he had plenty of time to reenter the track before the banners started at the corner. He did go on to win the moto so this kind of thing is gonna get looked at closer than some kid finishing midpack.

Some of you need to look at this picture again and ask yourself what he was doing by that guy in the black standing way up there past the first corner. He had a shit-load of time to get back on track. The only reason I can think of is the pressure to win at all costs. I like Haiden and have watched a lot of his videos. I'm willing to give kids a break more than adults. But this isn't an 8-year-old, this is basically a seasoned veteran of racing we're talking about. He's talented but you know what, there are other kids that are talented. You start pulling crap like this and life will only get harder.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
12/1/2020 7:51pm
This is nothing personal against Deegan. I like the kid and his family. My issue is with the rule of when someone leaves the track they can keep moving in the direction of the race and re-enter when safe. It happens constantly on the Pro circuit and it pissed me off any time I saw a rider hauling ass alongside the track right next to flag men and rejoining the race 1 second behind their position before their major fuck up.

Leaving the track is a HUGE mistake in a race and should be treated as such. There is a simple solution, re-enter the track where you left it.
EngIceDave
12/1/2020 8:07pm
Did you know that at one time the rule was you had to re-enter at the point you left the track?
Circle back around to where you went out.

DonM
12/1/2020 8:22pm
KennyT wrote:
This is nothing personal against Deegan. I like the kid and his family. My issue is with the rule of when someone leaves the track they...
This is nothing personal against Deegan. I like the kid and his family. My issue is with the rule of when someone leaves the track they can keep moving in the direction of the race and re-enter when safe. It happens constantly on the Pro circuit and it pissed me off any time I saw a rider hauling ass alongside the track right next to flag men and rejoining the race 1 second behind their position before their major fuck up.

Leaving the track is a HUGE mistake in a race and should be treated as such. There is a simple solution, re-enter the track where you left it.
Yeah remember how that worked for James in Toronto when he pulled back on where he went off and collided with Preston and ended Preston’s season? Coming back on where you left can be very dangerous that’s why the rule was changed...Deegan was wrong and should have been disciplined...now if the hearsay is true and he was protested and the AMA (who never makes mistakes....) decided not to penalize then that should be the end of it....but then again nothing ever ends on Vital until its completely beaten to death...
Mxracer607
12/1/2020 8:39pm
I’m no fanboy but let’s be real the kid was probably going to win anyways
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
12/1/2020 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2020 8:41pm
KennyT wrote:
This is nothing personal against Deegan. I like the kid and his family. My issue is with the rule of when someone leaves the track they...

DonM wrote:
Yeah remember how that worked for James in Toronto when he pulled back on where he went off and collided with Preston and ended Preston’s season...
Yeah remember how that worked for James in Toronto when he pulled back on where he went off and collided with Preston and ended Preston’s season? Coming back on where you left can be very dangerous that’s why the rule was changed...Deegan was wrong and should have been disciplined...now if the hearsay is true and he was protested and the AMA (who never makes mistakes....) decided not to penalize then that should be the end of it....but then again nothing ever ends on Vital until its completely beaten to death...
Well it should be noted one needs to re-enter the track when it is safe, what James did has nothing to do with the rule of where to enter but everything to do with a lack of judgement on when to re-enter the track. My point is it needs to be a significant penalty since it’s a significant mistake. Allowing riders to leave the track and haul ass until they feel like re-entering it is not much of a penalty. Plus it puts the course workers in unnecessary danger
12/1/2020 8:47pm
Simple way to end all this:

Penalize consistently. Anyone and everyone. Strike the fear of DQ in them and in this instance he fades hard right and falls in line. Instead of inside advantage. THAT huge of a mistake off the start isn’t deserving a 3rd place around the first turn. He shoulda checked up and followed the banner on the correct side. That’s a slap in the face to every other competitor on that gate that stayed on the track at an important part of the race.

That start blows. They got the property. Fix it some. Heavy advantage on outside of the gates. Far right sx. Far left mx. Make it like redbud or something.
12/1/2020 8:48pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2020 8:53pm
Mxracer607 wrote:
See this mentality is why this shit will never get fixed. Like some people are entitled to be top 5 around d the first turn everytime. There’s no entitlements. Drop the hammer and penalize people.

And deegan knew he couldnt let Cochran get away because he wasn’t catching him from the back. But such is life. Hard lesson learned, don’t make mistakes. But don’t cheat your way out of a mistake because you can’t hustle down and catch Cochran from 40th. Because maybe the fierce competitive nature inside of him woulda flipped a switched and he could of made an epic charge from the rear to beat Cochran. But we will never know.
Mxracer607
12/1/2020 8:55pm
Mxracer607 wrote:
See this mentality is why this shit will never get fixed. Like some people are entitled to be top 5 around d the first turn everytime...
See this mentality is why this shit will never get fixed. Like some people are entitled to be top 5 around d the first turn everytime. There’s no entitlements. Drop the hammer and penalize people.

And deegan knew he couldnt let Cochran get away because he wasn’t catching him from the back. But such is life. Hard lesson learned, don’t make mistakes. But don’t cheat your way out of a mistake because you can’t hustle down and catch Cochran from 40th. Because maybe the fierce competitive nature inside of him woulda flipped a switched and he could of made an epic charge from the rear to beat Cochran. But we will never know.
Hey man I meant to edit my comment lmao. I was gonna add to it that in no way should he get away with cutting. Intentional or not it still happens. Keep in mind this is IMO
JeepnMike
12/1/2020 10:55pm
bvm111 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/01/462801/s1200_F6C482E2_6B8F_4F59_A588_05727EA42278.jpg[/img]

Just a funny observation. You posted a very logical and well presented opinion earlier in this thread, and you got a boatload of downvotes. Throw a meme that would likely be a little salty to same crowd, and you have a bunch of thumbs up. Lesson learned, memes are apparently cooler than level headed discussion. LOL.
RaceFan
12/1/2020 11:19pm
Maybe my eyes need checked but to me it seems pretty clear that a rut or something put him off balance and changed his trajectory. Doesn't seem to accelerate off track either.
Joining in 3rd is the real issue and I'd say he did the correct thing. At that point its in the officials hands to decide if they dock points or positions, as the racer you do everything you can to gain positions to limit the docking.
RMT
12/1/2020 11:45pm
bvm111 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/01/462801/s1200_F6C482E2_6B8F_4F59_A588_05727EA42278.jpg[/img]

JeepnMike wrote:
Just a funny observation. You posted a very logical and well presented opinion earlier in this thread, and you got a boatload of downvotes. Throw a...
Just a funny observation. You posted a very logical and well presented opinion earlier in this thread, and you got a boatload of downvotes. Throw a meme that would likely be a little salty to same crowd, and you have a bunch of thumbs up. Lesson learned, memes are apparently cooler than level headed discussion. LOL.
The funny observation is people trying read into up and down votes and the motivation behind them.
Jeff alessi
12/1/2020 11:48pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2020 11:49pm
Lmao HOW do you get away with that? Times have changed since I was an amateur, even with a lack of proof we have been scrutinized and questioned on this very thing, I guess it use to be a big deal to cheat, today not so much. Tho I will tell any kids don’t break the rules because had you been 99% of anyone else in this situation you won’t get away with that. I’m very surprised at how trendy this is becoming.
bvm111
12/1/2020 11:54pm
bvm111 wrote:

JeepnMike wrote:
Just a funny observation. You posted a very logical and well presented opinion earlier in this thread, and you got a boatload of downvotes. Throw a...
And I was three for three with the “lol I’m a bird” bear pic ... which is just funny to me for some reason... because he is a smiling bear perched like a bird and that’s funny right there I don’t care who you are!
Monte122
12/2/2020 12:12am
Lmao HOW do you get away with that? Times have changed since I was an amateur, even with a lack of proof we have been scrutinized...
Lmao HOW do you get away with that? Times have changed since I was an amateur, even with a lack of proof we have been scrutinized and questioned on this very thing, I guess it use to be a big deal to cheat, today not so much. Tho I will tell any kids don’t break the rules because had you been 99% of anyone else in this situation you won’t get away with that. I’m very surprised at how trendy this is becoming.
Sooo you are calling him a cheater.... oh the irony...
FIREfish148
12/2/2020 3:04am
That is some of the coolest race footage I’ve ever seen.
12/2/2020 3:26am
For the guys saying I'm "stirring the pot" and "enought of the " I've heard". It looks like the protest was true.

EngIceDave
12/2/2020 5:14am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2020 5:16am
After seeing the Radmx video, he went off the track edge, he DID NOT try to get back on the track, but HE DID chop the throttle and back off.
Whether he backed off enough is subjective.

Been a ref, so been there - done that, and on the overhead video it looks bad, the ground level it is borderline, but considering the event, level of competition, etc....I'd go with pro rules and in pro rules, he complied.

If that was RC4, JS7, ET3 or MM25 it'd be called ok
mx196
Fantasy
4100th
12/2/2020 5:31am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2020 5:33am
Maybe you guys should be this invested into your jobs as you are the results of Supermini 12-15 at an amateur motocross race.
foreman52
Fantasy
3183rd
12/2/2020 5:32am
I’m not reading all these comments, but I actually don’t see what’s wrong here? Looks like he got off balance and went off the side of the track. He slowed down appropriately and than re-entered the track.
gt80rider
12/2/2020 5:59am
From the length of this thread, u would think danger boy is the new J-Law 2.0.... lol.... people melting down over a mini os 85cc race.... this off-season is off to a great start, and we got a long ways to go until real racing again....
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
12/2/2020 6:04am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2020 6:05am
Fans, not fans and people that don't really give a shit. The don't give a shit crowd can look at "it" objectively. The problem is, this happened on the start where in this situation can't clearly determine he was in third when a mistake happened.

There would be zero issue if it was in the 2nd turn and he cross rutted, chopped the throttle and came back on in the place he left at safe time and place on the track.

It simply comes down to AMA rule book, if it has a provision for the start. I would be surprised if it does.

By the AMA not setting a precedence, that means it is ok to do no matter who you are.

Post a reply to: Deegan cutting the track in the supermini 1 moto 2 at the mini o's.

The Latest