Deegan Signs with Star

Related:
Create New Tag

10/11/2021 7:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2021 7:41 AM

|

10/11/2021 7:05 AM

Can't say i'm surprised but that sucks for KTM...

AND hopefully this sort of shit will maybe have the amateur industry rethink the method.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/11/2021 7:07 AM

...looks comfortable...

|

10/11/2021 7:08 AM

Those bikes sound like dog shit

|

10/11/2021 7:17 AM

So, with racing right away at Mini-Os my question will he be competing against Romano or will Star move Romano up to the A class?

|

10/11/2021 7:18 AM

Crush wrote:

AND hopefully this sort of shit will maybe have the amateur industry ...more

"this sort of shit"? What's wrong with it? Did Deegan not fulfill any of his contractual obligations? Or did the support that he received indenture him to KTM for life?

I don't understand the problem.

Maybe KTM didn't actually offer him a contract to move forward........

|

10/11/2021 7:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2021 7:21 AM

Lol... imo... ktm is a steaming pile of a company and they are better off without them.... thats just based on my personal experience with ktm north America....

Been a lot of fun watching danger boy evolve.... landed a spot on the hottest team... gonna be cool watching him enter the pro ranks

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

10/11/2021 7:27 AM

KTM didn’t sign Deegan so now you all hate them? Wtf? Lol

|

Crush wrote:

AND hopefully this sort of shit will maybe have the amateur industry ...more

APLMAN99 wrote:

"this sort of shit"? What's wrong with it? Did Deegan not fulfill any of his contractual obligations? Or did the support that ...more

I think the Monster VS Redbull was too great for this one. Few claws around dads shop...

|

Didn’t see that coming……good for him!

|

10/11/2021 7:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2021 7:33 AM

88FYNN88 wrote:

So, with racing right away at Mini-Os my question will he be competing against Romano or will Star move Romano up to the A ...more

Romano has rode the B class for 2 years already and swept 250B at Loretta’s, so I would guess he was moving up anyway.

|

10/11/2021 7:41 AM

I just want to know what he thinks of the bike. Pros and cons vs the KTM.....you know....dirt bike stuff.

|

10/11/2021 7:41 AM

Did anyone notice that Haiden was riding the Star 250 from the 2019 season? Wonder when he's going to get the 2022 Star bike!

|

10/11/2021 7:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2021 7:44 AM

How many riders do they have now?! Tomac, Ferrandis, Martin, Craig, Kitchen, Romano, Cooper, Nichols, Thrasher, Deegan... 10?! Is that it??

|

Braaaaaaaap!!

10/11/2021 7:47 AM

No doubt STAR has Cartel drug money. "There is some serious shit going on".

Just mind boggles me how much money that team throws around, and somehow no other team can do it.

|

10/11/2021 7:50 AM

OT wrote:

How many riders do they have now?! Tomac, Ferrandis, Martin, Craig, Kitchen, Romano, Cooper, Nichols, Thrasher, Deegan... 10?! ...more

Also possible Matt LeBlanc. Still have not heard if he is still with Star or not.

|

10/11/2021 7:59 AM

The part I thought interesting was how he talks about the Star training program. He is 100% right, they have by far the best training program. When will other teams step up their game? I know Gas-Gas now has Will which is a great step but what about these other teams? Not everyone on a KTM/Husky or GasGas can afford Baker's factory.

|

10/11/2021 8:00 AM

ChubbyCat113 wrote:

You been hiding under a rock? Coach, dropped this news months ago & everyone said he was full of shit

|

10/11/2021 8:04 AM

Does he get more wins than his Dad in the pro class? Who's believing the hype??

|

10/11/2021 8:07 AM

So... will the rest of the family be on Yamaha as well or no?

|

10/11/2021 8:13 AM

Future Champ...cool

|

Hello..Vital?..

10/11/2021 8:18 AM

ga_pike wrote:

So... will the rest of the family be on Yamaha as well or no?

Seems that way, you can see Brian riding a Star bike in the background of the video.

|

10/11/2021 8:19 AM

Good for him. Star is where its at right now and has a promising path all the way to 450s.

|

10/11/2021 8:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2021 8:27 AM

APLMAN99 wrote:

"this sort of shit"? What's wrong with it? Did Deegan not fulfill any of his contractual obligations? Or did the support that ...more

Not that I don’t think KTM got something out of it, but the amateur scene as a whole, doesn’t it highlight the craziness of signing kids to long term deals with so many unknowns?

Sure it’s worked here for the time being, both sides got something, but he could, as many do, just as easily not worked out, burned out, got injured, not performed etc And you’d have to assume KTM did have some sort of hope he’d stay orange.

The list is probably pretty lopsided the other way and the model is more and more turning to long term, high dollar support. He’s probably the most high profile since AC and with the social aspect the most valuable, no?

The amateur scene is only getting more expensive and being pushed up by these deals too. It was team green and yellow with free bikes… then Geico started going crazy, PC had to respond, Star and KTM but there hasn’t been a conga line of chosen kids hanging banners either.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/11/2021 8:31 AM

88FYNN88 wrote:

The part I thought interesting was how he talks about the Star training program. He is 100% right, they have by far the best ...more

Ever heard of Aldon Baker and the now exclusively KTM/Husky Training Program that has produced most every 450sx Champion of late?...

|

10/11/2021 8:44 AM

88FYNN88 wrote:

The part I thought interesting was how he talks about the Star training program. He is 100% right, they have by far the best ...more

twotwosix wrote:

Ever heard of Aldon Baker and the now exclusively KTM/Husky Training Program that has produced most every 450sx Champion of ...more

Aldons stuff isnt a secret anymore and you cannot deny stars success over the last few years.

|

10/11/2021 8:45 AM

88FYNN88 wrote:

twotwosix wrote:

Ever heard of Aldon Baker and the now exclusively KTM/Husky Training Program that has produced most every 450sx Champion of ...more

Does he train the orange brigade?

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

10/11/2021 8:50 AM

88FYNN88 wrote:

twotwosix wrote:

Never heard of her ....... Of course, we know Aldon. But that is not a KTM Group lead trainer. Aldon is a great trainer and it's proven he can produce champions but KTM teams have the option to train with him at their expense. KTM is not taking care of the bill to train with Aldon. Most of the 250 riders ride there but don't get trained 100% by Aldon. They use the tracks and gym and the same thing goes with Deano. If all those guys were 100% trained by Aldon and KTM paid to have all their riders be trained by him I think they would have some better younger riders.

|

10/11/2021 8:51 AM

ChubbyCat113 wrote:

Where have you been?

|

10/11/2021 8:59 AM

Moto520 wrote:

I just want to know what he thinks of the bike. Pros and cons vs the KTM.....you know....dirt bike stuff.

What planet do you live on?

You really think you would get a true unbiased opinion from someone getting paid? He is paid to promote Yamaha motorcycles not tell you that they are thicker through the waist that a KTM. SMDH

|