Deegan Signs with Star

DonM
10/13/2021 6:57am
mx965 wrote:
I know what you are saying, however, I feel this is a different case. Like them or not the Deegans have the most popular youtube page...
I know what you are saying, however, I feel this is a different case.

Like them or not the Deegans have the most popular youtube page in moto and get more social interaction (between Brian and Haiden) than any pro rider...KTM got more out of his years as an AM than most pros in terms of ROI.

This outdated methodology of professional race performance being the only metric to measure success or failure of a riders contract has to end.
Lol.
Of course the new way of winning has to be judged by how many fans feel you deserve it, not your actual performance.
And what hasn’t he won? How you question his performance so far can only be jealousy on your part…
SilverSpurs
10/13/2021 10:09pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2021 10:10pm
LoudLove wrote:
4 year contracts are almost unheard of, and KTM may have been unwilling to make that kind of commitment. Deegan earned a contract due to his...
4 year contracts are almost unheard of, and KTM may have been unwilling to make that kind of commitment.

Deegan earned a contract due to his racing results. His social media presence had to play a role in securing a 4 year deal.

Like him or not, Brian has expertly managed Haiden’s commercial value. All high-profile athletes have a significant number of detractors, and the Deegan’s are not immune from this aspect of sports. I imagine Haiden spends less time wading through negative publicity than other riders.
Have you seen the 4 year contract?

If no, how are you so sure?

Someone who claims to have inside access is saying it's 350K a year

Another person reckons its a 1 year deal with a 'We'll see how how he goes' first refusal for the following.

The announcement and videos were very low key with no Star people or gear and possibly an old bike: it was a far cry from the corporate flavoured KTM SX tryout video posted a couple of weeks ago.

fourfourone
10/14/2021 4:42am
Have you seen the 4 year contract? If no, how are you so sure? Someone who claims to have inside access is saying it's 350K a...
Have you seen the 4 year contract?

If no, how are you so sure?

Someone who claims to have inside access is saying it's 350K a year

Another person reckons its a 1 year deal with a 'We'll see how how he goes' first refusal for the following.

The announcement and videos were very low key with no Star people or gear and possibly an old bike: it was a far cry from the corporate flavoured KTM SX tryout video posted a couple of weeks ago.

Another #facepalm comment from you. Do some research on how this whole professional moto thing works...
St Ann More
10/16/2021 4:06am
Brent wrote:
I have watched him practice a bit at different tracks with the top 250 riders this year, an in my opinion he still needs more time...
I have watched him practice a bit at different tracks with the top 250 riders this year, an in my opinion he still needs more time to reach true pro level speed of the top 10 250 riders,

he was roughly 8 to 10 seconds a lap slower than Justin Cooper and Jett Lawrence last time I saw him at Elsinore on a KTM.
Hopefully a winter of training with his new team mates will help him find the extra speed.

... and you told us Elzinga was faster than Forkner, less than two seconds off Roczen, yet we all saw what that returned when the gate dropped!

Deegan will have the people around him who will know when he's ready!

The Shop

crt32
10/16/2021 6:35am
Gypsy does it again, provides content that we arent getting anywhere else. Good for him, enjoying his shows more and more, love the short youtube clips! Excited to see more vlogs from Deegan and get to see behind scene action at Star.

https://youtu.be/R192D7e8RjU
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
10/16/2021 8:42am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2021 8:58am
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
10/16/2021 8:51am
LoudLove wrote:
4 year contracts are almost unheard of, and KTM may have been unwilling to make that kind of commitment. Deegan earned a contract due to his...
4 year contracts are almost unheard of, and KTM may have been unwilling to make that kind of commitment.

Deegan earned a contract due to his racing results. His social media presence had to play a role in securing a 4 year deal.

Like him or not, Brian has expertly managed Haiden’s commercial value. All high-profile athletes have a significant number of detractors, and the Deegan’s are not immune from this aspect of sports. I imagine Haiden spends less time wading through negative publicity than other riders.
Most young amateurs have 4 year contracts. 1-2 in amateurs, depending on them being ready, and a guaranteed 2 years in the pros. Considering the teams that they talked to, I’d say theirs is very similar
mjones7212
Fantasy
3327th
10/23/2021 5:10pm
No, if I had the option I would 100% go with Pro Circuit. The opportunity to work with Mitch Payton and crew would be too hard...
No, if I had the option I would 100% go with Pro Circuit. The opportunity to work with Mitch Payton and crew would be too hard to pass up.
shuggs wrote:
This!! The KID has got 2 years to enhance his skills before the reality of being a pro hits. I would have hoped that pro circuit...
This!! The KID has got 2 years to enhance his skills before the reality of being a pro hits. I would have hoped that pro circuit would have major input to help him develop, plus would have been able to keep monster as a personal sponsor
yak651 wrote:
What amateur riders do Pro Circuit support on the level of star? Team Green does, but does mitch besides providing motor/suspension work? Star has an established...
What amateur riders do Pro Circuit support on the level of star? Team Green does, but does mitch besides providing motor/suspension work? Star has an established amateur program, is there really any other OEM comparison? Seems KTM orange brigade would be the only thing close and that seems to be focused on more the mini riders.
I would have to disagree to that one because i believe pro circuit does help with a few of the team green riders and two of them have much better LL records than any Star rider or any other amatuer rider to be honest .Both Jett Reynolds and Ryder D have more LL titles than any other Amatuer racers right now and nobody comes close to the amount of Amatuer Nationals the two have won and they did it at a huge disadvantage by riding the Kawi65 and 85s even with them being complete ProCircuit bikes .If your lucky you might see 2 kawasakis in any of the mini classes at Lorettas.I dont believe .Pro Circuit helps all the team green riders but they do help a few out and they win about 90 percent of the time. So i believe Pro Circuit is easily as good as Star

Post a reply to: Deegan Signs with Star

The Latest