Deegan Signs with Star

TunaBro
10/11/2021 12:17pm
Has zero results or experience on a 250f and gets a star ride? Cool.
His potential is what got him the ride.
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
10/11/2021 12:20pm
mxpitt23 wrote:
Shouldn't be a surprise really. The relationship the family has with the big green claw meant KTM was done right away. It was going to be...
Shouldn't be a surprise really. The relationship the family has with the big green claw meant KTM was done right away. It was going to be Star or Pro circuit and he went with who is hot right now. If it's my kid in the same spot, we make the same choice. Wouldn't you?? Arguably fastest bike with best training program and riding with numerous Champs is hard for anyone to compete with. And he keeps wearing Thor gear, 100%goggles and Alpinestars boots. Helmet was only change from 6d to Bell.
The kid could never race a pro race and make millions just posting content. So I think it's dope that he wants to win championships. And with over a million followers on youtube alone, don't feel bad for the orange brigade. I'm sure they sold enough bikes over the last 8 years to kids that watch his videos to more than make up their investment.
Yeah - I doubt there was ever a question of where he was going. He is on a great bike, has
Monster supporting him (assuming) and the team and has the makings for a good future ahead. Now it is up to him to deliver. One thing I am sure of - it will be fun watching it!
MiguelT.
10/11/2021 12:27pm
Bound to happpen, Brian was always close with Monster...so it only makes sense for them as a brand
SilverSpurs
10/11/2021 12:45pm
Brent wrote:
I have watched him practice a bit at different tracks with the top 250 riders this year, an in my opinion he still needs more time...
I have watched him practice a bit at different tracks with the top 250 riders this year, an in my opinion he still needs more time to reach true pro level speed of the top 10 250 riders,

he was roughly 8 to 10 seconds a lap slower than Justin Cooper and Jett Lawrence last time I saw him at Elsinore on a KTM.
Hopefully a winter of training with his new team mates will help him find the extra speed.

His corner speed is the issue and that is probably the hardest fault to fix.

The Shop

Brent
10/11/2021 12:46pm
soggy wrote:
Wow really ground breaking Brent. A kid that just got on a 250f a few months ago isn’t as fast as current pros. Earth shattering stuff.
Wow, some of you fan boys really have a hard on for the Deegan Family.

If it was average Joe getting the Star Yamaha ride, there would be howls of protest about how they "took away a promising privateer's factory contract!"

If he "only got on a 250f a few months ago!!!", then why did he get a ride with the most powerful team in motocross?

All because of the family getting backed by an energy drink? Is that how things work now, all sizzle but no steak?
c0ncEpT
10/11/2021 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2021 12:47pm
Hi Side wrote:
I think it's a good move for him as I think Star Yamaha gives him the greatest chance of winning and being successful. I think Haiden...
I think it's a good move for him as I think Star Yamaha gives him the greatest chance of winning and being successful. I think Haiden will have a little bit of an eye opening experience at the Mini O's. The B class and schoolboy 2 is no joke, several dudes that have incredible speed and aren't afraid to throw an elbow. It's going to be wildly different than the mini cycle days. I look forward to seeing his progress and wish him success.
I don't think it will be an eye opening experience as well. The kid hasn't even raced a 250F yet. I'm sure they will go into it with no expectations other than to get experiences racing some fast kids on 250F's.

I would be surprised if he gets on the box overall at Mini O's.
c0ncEpT
10/11/2021 12:51pm
soggy wrote:
Wow really ground breaking Brent. A kid that just got on a 250f a few months ago isn’t as fast as current pros. Earth shattering stuff.
Brent wrote:
Wow, some of you fan boys really have a hard on for the Deegan Family. If it was average Joe getting the Star Yamaha ride, there...

If it was average Joe getting the Star Yamaha ride, there would be howls of protest about how they "took away a promising privateer's factory contract!"

If he "only got on a 250f a few months ago!!!", then why did he get a ride with the most powerful team in motocross?

All because of the family getting backed by an energy drink? Is that how things work now, all sizzle but no steak?
Asking why he got a factory ride with no experience is just ignorant.

You hire a kid in this sport because of the potential and talent you think that they have at the next level.

Same reason a 16 year old kid gets a football scholarship at a top 5 football school...
ArmPumped
10/11/2021 12:55pm
soggy wrote:
Brent wrote:
Wow, some of you fan boys really have a hard on for the Deegan Family. If it was average Joe getting the Star Yamaha ride, there...

And he’ll sell more Blue bikes before he turns pro than all of the pro circuit team will do for Kawi in the next two years. These companies aren’t looking to make unknown riders dreams come true and they never were. Haidens family and program put him in a position to sign with a big team almost regardless of results.z
bowl
10/11/2021 12:55pm
No excuses for dangerboy ...
Kyle978
10/11/2021 1:00pm
LOL @ the bitterness in this thread.
Sandusky26
10/11/2021 1:29pm
soggy wrote:
Brent wrote:

What do you expect. I’ve got metal mulisha all over my bike cause I’m OG as fuck and your in here dissin my boy.
Sandusky26
10/11/2021 1:30pm
Corner speed don’t have shit to do with pullin monster chicks
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
10/11/2021 1:31pm
Brent wrote:

I think he’s been pretty successful so far in am’s. Usually those guys are going to get the best opportunities.

I’m actually not a fan of him or his Dad but to say he doesn’t deserve to be on that team is ignoring all of his accomplishments so far

I actually have reservations on if he will be a good pro or not but he has earned the privilege of being on a team like star
LungButter
10/11/2021 1:42pm
Brent wrote:

Well, according to the Vault he's a 5x Loretta Lynn's champ and has been at the top of his class basically all the way through the ranks. Apparently you haven't been paying attention.... but kids of that pedigree have been getting signed to big time rides for years now.

Seems as though some people are seriously butthurt about it since the kid also has a huge following but jealousy will always be a human trait.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2768th
10/11/2021 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2021 1:55pm
Believe the hype.! lol
DonM
10/11/2021 1:56pm
Brent wrote:
I have watched him practice a bit at different tracks with the top 250 riders this year, an in my opinion he still needs more time...
I have watched him practice a bit at different tracks with the top 250 riders this year, an in my opinion he still needs more time to reach true pro level speed of the top 10 250 riders,

he was roughly 8 to 10 seconds a lap slower than Justin Cooper and Jett Lawrence last time I saw him at Elsinore on a KTM.
Hopefully a winter of training with his new team mates will help him find the extra speed.

Thanks coach, I’ll be sure to contact you if I ever need riding advice….
DonM
10/11/2021 1:59pm
soggy wrote:
Brent wrote:

If he "only got on a 250f a few months ago!!!", then why did he get a ride with the most powerful team in motocross? Well he does have a pretty good resume so far….there is that…
diz330
10/11/2021 2:21pm
ArmPumped wrote:
And he’ll sell more Blue bikes before he turns pro than all of the pro circuit team will do for Kawi in the next two years...
And he’ll sell more Blue bikes before he turns pro than all of the pro circuit team will do for Kawi in the next two years. These companies aren’t looking to make unknown riders dreams come true and they never were. Haidens family and program put him in a position to sign with a big team almost regardless of results.z
This, Pretty sure Brian said in a podcast their family gets like 8 million views a month on their platforms. That is a **** ton of advertising.
10/11/2021 2:30pm
"He's going to sell a tonne of blue bikes"
Someone show me the figures of how many bikes a "pro" "amateur influencer" sells please.
Sandusky26
10/11/2021 2:32pm
DonM wrote:
Thanks coach, I’ll be sure to contact you if I ever need riding advice….
I’d take riding advice from him.
LungButter
10/11/2021 2:37pm
Someone show me the figures of how many bikes a "pro" "amateur influencer" sells please.
Somebody that matters must think it's a lot because most the major manufacturers have millions tied up in sponsoring big time amateurs.....

Jeezus, some of ya'll act like he's the first amateur to be paid big bucks and get signed to a multi year amateur to pro deal by a factory team. Newsflash.....this shit has been going on forever! Ya'll are just butthurt this time because the Deegan's might be the best marketers our piss ant sport has ever seen and you aren't sure how to handle it.

Get over it, the kid earned the ride.
Camp332
10/11/2021 2:49pm
Haters can suck it! My son and I watch Haiden every day on the YouChoob. Kid rips, and he's just a good kid from a solid family.
10/11/2021 2:53pm
LungButter wrote:
Somebody that matters must think it's a lot because most the major manufacturers have millions tied up in sponsoring big time amateurs..... Jeezus, some of ya'll...
Somebody that matters must think it's a lot because most the major manufacturers have millions tied up in sponsoring big time amateurs.....

Jeezus, some of ya'll act like he's the first amateur to be paid big bucks and get signed to a multi year amateur to pro deal by a factory team. Newsflash.....this shit has been going on forever! Ya'll are just butthurt this time because the Deegan's might be the best marketers our piss ant sport has ever seen and you aren't sure how to handle it.

Very well said.
APLMAN99
10/11/2021 3:22pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
"this sort of shit"? What's wrong with it? Did Deegan not fulfill any of his contractual obligations? Or did the support that he received indenture him...
"this sort of shit"? What's wrong with it? Did Deegan not fulfill any of his contractual obligations? Or did the support that he received indenture him to KTM for life?

I don't understand the problem.

Maybe KTM didn't actually offer him a contract to move forward........
Crush wrote:
Not that I don’t think KTM got something out of it, but the amateur scene as a whole, doesn’t it highlight the craziness of signing kids...
Not that I don’t think KTM got something out of it, but the amateur scene as a whole, doesn’t it highlight the craziness of signing kids to long term deals with so many unknowns?

Sure it’s worked here for the time being, both sides got something, but he could, as many do, just as easily not worked out, burned out, got injured, not performed etc And you’d have to assume KTM did have some sort of hope he’d stay orange.

The list is probably pretty lopsided the other way and the model is more and more turning to long term, high dollar support. He’s probably the most high profile since AC and with the social aspect the most valuable, no?

The amateur scene is only getting more expensive and being pushed up by these deals too. It was team green and yellow with free bikes… then Geico started going crazy, PC had to respond, Star and KTM but there hasn’t been a conga line of chosen kids hanging banners either.
Still not sure what "this sort of shit" you are referring to that would "have the amateur industry rethink the method".

This appears to actually validate that method. It seems that the 'amateur industry' helped make an opportunity for a young racer get exposure and support for more than just a year at a time and with a very competitive team as well.

For the life of me, I am truly not sure what you are unhappy about or what you are referring to as "this sort of shit".
RMT
10/11/2021 3:38pm
LungButter wrote:
Somebody that matters must think it's a lot because most the major manufacturers have millions tied up in sponsoring big time amateurs..... Jeezus, some of ya'll...

Nailed it!
MC752
10/11/2021 4:01pm
Nice ride for the kid. For Romano, I believe you are bumped to the A class for the next year if you get top 5 in the B class at Loretta's. Maybe its changed.
10/11/2021 4:15pm
LungButter wrote:

Where did i say he doesn't deserve a ride knobhead?
Still i suppose "lots" is official i can see the conversation now. Sign him he's going to sell lots. Your just sumizing
Kid deserves it hands down but i never fathom linking and it has never been proven how many units are sold because of the individual.
Yes there a marketing machine but they are only marketing themselves. Can you buy a sponsored prduct from their shop deegan site like lets say a Yamaha ? Is there any links on there site to sponsors sites?
Closest thing ive seen is i think MXA worked out that for every RMZ450 sold back in the RC4 days $3500 went to his wage.
Anyway enjoy reading the Lots of comments here fanboy
Sully
10/11/2021 4:38pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2021 4:38pm
soggy wrote:
Brent wrote:

"If he "only got on a 250f a few months ago!!!", then why did he get a ride with the most powerful team in motocross?"

I'm curious if you had this kind of animosity when AC moved from superminis to the most powerful 250 team in motocross (at the time)? Or any of the current pros who had solid 250f amateur deals right when they got off mini bikes? Your issue seems to be more with his name and popularity, and that dislike seems to be clouding your ability to see that Haiden has as solid a pedigree as any of the high profile amateurs that came before him.

Post a reply to: Deegan Signs with Star

The Latest