Brian Moreau Update - From Brian

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2020 10:24 AM

View this post on Instagram

Hello everyone, I know I have been quiet the last two weeks but these two weeks have been the toughest of my life. After spending a week in ICU- which I barely remember- and a few days on a regular floor in Tampa, I’m now back in France to start a long rehab process. I don’t know yet what my future will be but I’m so ready to get to work. I’ve been able to see so many messages and support you have given me and trust me it feels so good. Thank you to @troyleedesigns team and my team manager for staying by my side and everybody at KTM for their support. Thank you @road to recovery for your amazing help 🙏🏻 — Bonjour à tous, Je suis resté silencieux les deux dernières semaines depuis ma chute mais ces deux dernières semaines ont été les plus durs de ma vie. Après avoir passé une semaine en soin intensif que je me souviens à peine, puis quelques jours dans un service régulier de l hôpital de Tampa, je suis maintenant de retour en France pour attaquer une très longue rééducation. Je ne sais pas encore à quoi ressemblera mon futur mais je suis prêt à travailler dur. J’ai vu beaucoup de vos messages de soutient et croyez moi, ça fait vraiment du bien. Je veux remercier mon team TLD et particulièrement mon team manager TK pour être resté à mon chevet pendant plusieurs jours, et toute l’équipe KTM pour son soutient. Un grand merci à Road to Recovery pour leur aide inestimable. J’aimerais tellement remercier @cmmathilde et @marvinmusquin25 pour tout ce qu’ils ont fait pour moi depuis des mois et depuis ma blessure. Des gens formidables avec un cœur énorme.❤️🙏

A post shared by Brian Moreau (@brianmoreau104) on

|

3/3/2020 10:31 AM

I'm not sure of the extent of his injuries but I pray that he will be able to walk again, an he's certainly in my thoughts as he climbs that tough mountain on his road to recovery. Best of luck, Brian.

|

3/3/2020 10:31 AM

Praying for your full recovery 🙏!

|

3/3/2020 10:35 AM

it's almost like a movie of working his entire life for ONE moment, and then he gets it, and then tragedy strikes. Ugh.

Prayers to this kid.

|

3/3/2020 10:40 AM

Is that Marvin's wife Matilda in the photos?

|

3/3/2020 10:51 AM

fmfred wrote:

Is that Marvin's wife Matilda in the photos?

Oui

|

3/3/2020 10:59 AM

Wish him all the best.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

3/3/2020 11:00 AM

I hope the best for this young man..so sorry this happened

|

3/3/2020 11:07 AM

tp4 wrote:

I hope the best for this young man..so sorry this happened

x2

Really glad that he had people like Marvin & Mathilde to help him with communication and caretaking until he could be reunited with his family in France.

|

3/3/2020 11:22 AM

Prayers and all the best in your recovery Brian.

|

3/3/2020 11:29 AM

Really tough pill to swallow for everyone ...

I wish him the best !
|

3/3/2020 11:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2020 12:42 PM

Zaugg, fix the topic title.

All the best for Brian

|

3/3/2020 11:41 AM

Continued prayers for Brian.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

3/3/2020 11:53 AM

Still so gutted for the kid. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

|

3/3/2020 11:57 AM

stay strong , stay positive, work hard . God bless

|

3/3/2020 12:39 PM

Hoping for a positive recovery for the young man.

|

3/3/2020 12:44 PM

|

3/3/2020 12:45 PM

keinz wrote:

Zaugg, fix the topic title.

All the best for Brian

Thanks dude...thought I fixed that when I posted originally. Should be good now.

|

3/3/2020 1:23 PM

The only important story in moto currently.

Positive thoughts and buckets of hope for Brian to come through this victorious.

|

3/3/2020 2:37 PM

Hopefully he will heal up at least enough to walk.

|

3/3/2020 2:45 PM

I wish all the best and a full recovery! Stay strong!!

|

3/4/2020 6:37 PM

Extremely sad for Brian, but spare a though for his poor parents, a tragedy all around.

|

3/4/2020 6:54 PM

|

4/3/2020 12:12 PM

|

4/3/2020 12:19 PM

Been wondering what his status has been. The translation isn't so great but it sounds as if he's making progress.

The comments about the evacuation are very damaging to the medical staff. Not throwing bombs their way...it's a tough situation.

Still throwing prayers Brians way...i hope he continues positively.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

4/3/2020 12:34 PM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

Been wondering what his status has been. The translation isn't so great but it sounds as if he's making progress.

The comments about the evacuation are very damaging to the medical staff. Not throwing bombs their way...it's a tough situation.

They sat him up on a quad while moving off the track? Shouldn’t Moreau have been strapped on a board that is so common in NFL games?

|

4/3/2020 12:35 PM

Nighttrain wrote:

They sat him up on a quad while moving off the track? Shouldn’t Moreau have been strapped on a board that is so common in NFL games?

I don't know...I'm no expert. Ping commented about this on The Whisky Throttle safety episode...it sounds as if the boards are being phased out.

|

4/3/2020 1:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2020 2:06 PM

Nighttrain wrote:

I don't know...I'm no expert. Ping commented about this on The Whisky Throttle safety episode...it sounds as if the boards are being phased out.

The boards are being phased out because they are being replaced with other immobilization devices, and to reduce incorrectly applied use in applications where immobilization is less critical than other factors -- not because the current method for transporting somebody suffering from an SCI is to drag them by their torso, then prop them upright in the bed of a mule, bouncing them around the track, all without even pausing the sport's ongoing practice.

|

4/3/2020 1:48 PM

Meilluers voeux
Best wishes

|

4/3/2020 2:21 PM

They are phasing out backboards because there is virtually no evidence they work. They generally are still indicated where an accident occurs with new neurological deficits as in this case. I haven't seen the incident and wasn't there but it sounds like the neuro deficits happened as a result of the crash and not the movement since he says he touched his legs with no sensation and told the medic/doctor this(I know both are trackside but don't know who contacted him exactly) however the movement could have made things worse but it's something we will never know unfortunately.

|