Speculation about major changes coming - Main Event Moto

early
Fantasy
2139th
9/3/2020 11:47am
Knowing nothing about Feld or their debt load (and with debt edging towards free at this point in corporate history) -- what are their expenses while...
Knowing nothing about Feld or their debt load (and with debt edging towards free at this point in corporate history) -- what are their expenses while not operating events, given that they have laid off their entire event staff company-wide.

How desperate are they really?
All of their shows are licensed properties. I'd imagine they are on the hook for at least part of the licensing fees. They've spent years raking in money off these shows. If you want to get pissed look up what their ice or stunt performers are being paid.
resetjet
9/3/2020 11:50am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2020 11:50am
What gets me is the 100% positive for the fans.....bigger pockets? Better time slot, no more racing til 1am est. better coverage, cheaper tickets, more races, “b” class?
9/3/2020 11:50am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2020 11:52am
Knowing nothing about Feld or their debt load (and with debt edging towards free at this point in corporate history) -- what are their expenses while...
Knowing nothing about Feld or their debt load (and with debt edging towards free at this point in corporate history) -- what are their expenses while not operating events, given that they have laid off their entire event staff company-wide.

How desperate are they really?
early wrote:
All of their shows are licensed properties. I'd imagine they are on the hook for at least part of the licensing fees. They've spent years raking...
All of their shows are licensed properties. I'd imagine they are on the hook for at least part of the licensing fees. They've spent years raking in money off these shows. If you want to get pissed look up what their ice or stunt performers are being paid.
They are licensed properties, but they are on long-term contracts. And it is one of those situations in business where debtors may be in the bargaining advantage: even if they choose to default on a few months of the properties of Disney on Ice or Jurassic Park the live show, who is ready to pick it up right now?
early
Fantasy
2139th
9/3/2020 11:54am
They are licensed properties, but they are on long-term contracts. And it is one of those situations in business where debtors may be in the bargaining...
They are licensed properties, but they are on long-term contracts. And it is one of those situations in business where debtors may be in the bargaining advantage: even if they choose to default on a few months of the properties of Disney on Ice or Jurassic Park the live show, who is ready to pick it up right now?
Yeah, it's a Mexican standoff situation with alot of these kinds of things right now. I'd hate to see some private capital company come in with the money at a hard time and completely fuck it all up.

The Shop

Flattrack88
9/3/2020 11:59am
tuttle425 wrote:
I would love to see a 125 class and dump the 250 class. The 250s do pretty much everything the 450s do. I'd like to see...
I would love to see a 125 class and dump the 250 class. The 250s do pretty much everything the 450s do. I'd like to see the days when some bikes could make the triple and some couldn't.
Neither will happen, but I'd like a variation of that. 125s as the feeder and 250Fs as the premier class. 450s have basically turned into the old 500s.
9/3/2020 12:04pm
They are licensed properties, but they are on long-term contracts. And it is one of those situations in business where debtors may be in the bargaining...
early wrote:
Yeah, it's a Mexican standoff situation with alot of these kinds of things right now. I'd hate to see some private capital company come in with...
Yeah, it's a Mexican standoff situation with alot of these kinds of things right now. I'd hate to see some private capital company come in with the money at a hard time and completely fuck it all up.
For large-scale promoters, if they don't have huge capital investments, ie LiveNation or AEG, many will leave others holding the bag on simple licensed properties.
kb228
9/3/2020 12:07pm
Weege and gl are all i want
gt80rider
9/3/2020 12:11pm
If one were to have inside knowledge that our gov would stretch Covid out for 2-10 years... then yes, selling anything/everything that has to do with large crowds, is a great idea.... otherwise... Feld has all the big venues locked in... meaning that even if you own the SX license, Feld would still have you by the balls.....

Who knows..... this could be the return of 3 classes outdoors.... it could be a new TV package.... It could be bringing back Bailey to the booth.... this is vital, we gotta keep the conspiracies on-point.... LOL...
jeffro503
9/3/2020 12:18pm
gt80rider wrote:
If one were to have inside knowledge that our gov would stretch Covid out for 2-10 years... then yes, selling anything/everything that has to do with...
If one were to have inside knowledge that our gov would stretch Covid out for 2-10 years... then yes, selling anything/everything that has to do with large crowds, is a great idea.... otherwise... Feld has all the big venues locked in... meaning that even if you own the SX license, Feld would still have you by the balls.....

Who knows..... this could be the return of 3 classes outdoors.... it could be a new TV package.... It could be bringing back Bailey to the booth.... this is vital, we gotta keep the conspiracies on-point.... LOL...
Scaring the hell out of me with that " 2 - 10 years " talk! Blink
9/3/2020 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2020 4:14pm
gt80rider wrote:
If one were to have inside knowledge that our gov would stretch Covid out for 2-10 years... then yes, selling anything/everything that has to do with...

Even if true (which I doubt they have multi-year contracts with that many venues), all you would need to do as an event promoter is shift to a second option, ie move Anahiem to Auto Club Speedway, Glendale to Chase Field, AT&T Stadium to Globe Life Field,etc.

I am not saying venues aren't important to lock in, but it is just a piece of the overall event puzzle.
9/3/2020 1:49pm
crowe660 wrote:
Since no fans/vip because of covid, teams will be allowed to sell merch in pits.
Lol. Not sure if you were being serious but that’s actually pretty funny.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
9/3/2020 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2020 2:38pm
gt80rider wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Scaring the hell out of me with that " 2 - 10 years " talk! Blink
Don't be scared.

Daniel Blair is not privy to any information regarding an "earth shattering" change coming to the sport.

Feld is not privy to any information regarding the government's handling of Covid-19.

The government is not going to "stretch out Covid for 2-10 years".

It's unbelievable the things people will believe. Paranoid society throwing logic out the window and replacing it with fear.
sandman768
9/3/2020 3:27pm
Mx sports making a bid to buy the rights to Sx.... but need to have Garage sale first....👍
tcannon521
Fantasy
1301st
9/3/2020 3:44pm
Holigan wrote:
125 class
So let’s dilute the already anemic purse by 33%? I doubt a 125cc feeder class brings in enough money to offset the payout.
8tensolutions
9/3/2020 3:49pm
I like Daniel and his show, but it's annoying as hell when he says "I know something, but can't say" bs all in the name of maintaining relationships with rider. Don't say anything at all then bro. You are either a journalist or a groupie and he chooses groupie it seems so riders will talk to him at the races. Riders talk to Matthes other than Anderson.....so stop the high and mighty insider garbage.
kkawboy14
9/3/2020 3:55pm
Bacon wrapped hotdogs and $2 beers?
face biter
9/3/2020 4:19pm
It’s 2020, I fully expect all announcements to suck. Smile
tuttle425
9/3/2020 4:48pm
gt80rider wrote:

You’d have to be a pretty dumb businessperson to buy Supercross without getting the stadium rights in the purchase.
Spudnut
9/3/2020 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2020 4:50pm
Definetly this. . . https://youtu.be/PSUSjmECO80

I don’t know how to embed because I have 2 brain cells

*edit apparently I do know how to embed. down to 1 brain cell*
9/3/2020 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2020 5:08pm
gt80rider wrote:

tuttle425 wrote:
You’d have to be a pretty dumb businessperson to buy Supercross without getting the stadium rights in the purchase.
They really aren't worth what you think they are. More of an obligation than anything.
tuttle425
9/3/2020 4:58pm
gt80rider wrote:

tuttle425 wrote:
They really aren't worth what you think they are. More of an obligation than anything.
Worth is relative. Regardless of what they are worth it would be stupid to buy Supercross without acquiring the rights to use the stadiums.
9/3/2020 5:00pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2020 5:16pm
tuttle425 wrote:
tuttle425 wrote:
Worth is relative. Regardless of what they are worth it would be stupid to buy Supercross without acquiring the rights to use the stadiums.
No, really. Venue contracts are near bunk except in big exclusives/anchor tenants. I understand that SX has some very specific technical requirements that are probably difficult to iron out, but it probably wouldn't even be a major consideration unless they owed someone a shitload of money.
AndrewCarson
9/3/2020 5:02pm
125-250-450 class with 250 2ts in 250 4t class would be primo
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/3/2020 7:15pm
More Steve Matthes memorial nets?
I had no idea Steve was dead.
Bearuno
9/3/2020 7:35pm
Neither will happen, but I'd like a variation of that. 125s as the feeder and 250Fs as the premier class. 450s have basically turned into the...
Neither will happen, but I'd like a variation of that. 125s as the feeder and 250Fs as the premier class. 450s have basically turned into the old 500s.
Yet, on that recent poll here on Vital, the highest percentage of bike preference / ownership were the 450s.

That sure as hell wasn't the case in the last years of 500s. I ride one, I love it, it's my absolute 'keeper bike', it's a big Teddy Bear of a thing, to me, but it's an ' (deeply) unpleasant' motorcycle, for most to ride.

450s - pretty much a do everything bike.
9/3/2020 7:39pm
More Steve Matthes memorial nets?
GuyB wrote:
I had no idea Steve was dead.
That,s funny. The internet a friend called me a few Xmas ago. He is all excited sayIng my name over and over. He said it,s on Facebook that you died in a accident. I say no I,m alive merry Christmas.
TXDirt
9/3/2020 8:16pm
Get rid of the displacement rule once and for all.
crowe660
Fantasy
3962nd
9/3/2020 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2020 8:18pm
Does this have to do with the poll about black flagging lappers? I knew that guy meant business.

Post a reply to: Speculation about major changes coming - Main Event Moto

The Latest