Roczen vs Tomac

GD2
Fantasy
854th
5/10/2016 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2016 10:06am
|
Radman66
5/10/2016 4:08pm
Awesome vid. My favorite rivalry, both very respectful towards each other. Can't wait to see them battle all summer long... Bring on Hangtown. My money is on Eli
ledger
5/10/2016 4:25pm
Hope they both stay healthy and put on a great Outdoor season. Tick tock, waiting for the gate to drop.
5/10/2016 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2016 4:41pm
Roczen is about to take another step back next year going to Honda, then Tomac is gonna have a year on him in regards to his program and setup, after that, I don't think Roczen ever catches up... Especially considering the success Kawi has had over Honda in 450's
daemon616
5/10/2016 4:31pm
OMG That was awesome bring on the outdoors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Shop

jeffro503
If RD has any hope of winning the outdoor title this year....he better pray that those two have some bad motos. I just got this feeling that Kenny and Eli will be bringing the pain this year.

Call me crazy....but I would also keep an eye on Bagget this year. I think he may surprise a few people.
Hope we see some gnarly battles this summer, Pulling for Tomac he was an animal last year, until, well you know
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
5/10/2016 4:34pm
Roczen is about to take another step back next year going to Honda, then Tomac is gonna have a year on him in regards to his...
Roczen is about to take another step back next year going to Honda, then Tomac is gonna have a year on him in regards to his program and setup, after that, I don't think Roczen ever catches up... Especially considering the success Kawi has had over Honda in 450's
He's two years younger
plowboy
5/10/2016 4:43pm
I too, believe that Eli and Kenny will be bringing the heat...but I also believe Mr. Consistant will be a half a tick back to take advantage of any blood in the water. If mistake free riding counts for anything, and it does, then smart money is on RD.
mxpro252
5/10/2016 4:48pm
plowboy wrote:
I too, believe that Eli and Kenny will be bringing the heat...but I also believe Mr. Consistant will be a half a tick back to take...
I too, believe that Eli and Kenny will be bringing the heat...but I also believe Mr. Consistant will be a half a tick back to take advantage of any blood in the water. If mistake free riding counts for anything, and it does, then smart money is on RD.
It's played out like this more than once. I hope they all stay healthy and come into round 1 ready to go.
Jimmy_Sloan
5/10/2016 5:30pm
jeffro503 wrote:
If RD has any hope of winning the outdoor title this year....he better pray that those two have some bad motos. I just got this feeling...
If RD has any hope of winning the outdoor title this year....he better pray that those two have some bad motos. I just got this feeling that Kenny and Eli will be bringing the pain this year.

Call me crazy....but I would also keep an eye on Bagget this year. I think he may surprise a few people.
Some of you forget quickly. RD is always discounted at the start of the year. For the last two seasons all I've ever heard is how Eli and Roczen are going to smoke Dungey, yet every time -- without exception -- Dungey steps it up and does what has to do. Dungey doesn't need bad motos from those two, they need a bad moto from Dungey.
51xc
5/10/2016 5:31pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2016 5:32pm
eli always had the mental edge over kenny. in fact, i think everybody knows, if you have tomac behind you on a mx track, the only guy stopping him from passing you is eli himself.
i'm not sure if he will have a good outdoor setup for his bike right away but starting the series with his favorite track ever should give eli that little more confidence as well.

dungey will be there for sure. he is still the guy to beat.
BobPA
5/10/2016 5:32pm
jeffro503 wrote:
If RD has any hope of winning the outdoor title this year....he better pray that those two have some bad motos. I just got this feeling...

Are you really counting out RD? You know he has won the last 3 straight 450 championship...
gt80rider
5/10/2016 5:36pm
jeffro503 wrote:

Wasn't that many years ago that bagget was absolutely crushing guys like k-roc... I hope he is 100% and back up to his full speed again...
ti473
5/10/2016 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2016 6:21pm
8:14... Ralph... you sure they battled so much coming up through the amateur ranks?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
5/10/2016 6:23pm
crusty_xx wrote:
He's two years younger
And?
Actually you didn't really write what I thought you did... Pardon me

I hope you're wrong and Kenny learned as much about setting a bike up as he said.
5/10/2016 6:36pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Actually you didn't really write what I thought you did... Pardon me I hope you're wrong and Kenny learned as much about setting a bike up...
Actually you didn't really write what I thought you did... Pardon me

I hope you're wrong and Kenny learned as much about setting a bike up as he said.
Here's what erks me about Kenny, dude had it made, gettin laid in the shade at KTM and imo threw his whole career down the tubes... Ok not down the tubes but compared to what it could have been... Tomac on the other hand has been a stand up dude and is setting himself up with a proven championship team and didn't come even close to burning bridges on his way out at Honda (that I know about)... I'm cheering for that dude over the guy with the ego any day of the week... I may also be a tad bit bias since I'm from Colorado Silly
Flatliner
5/10/2016 7:00pm
jeffro503 wrote:

Call me crazy but I'll take the defending champ. The guy who just won 10 races.

He handled roczen pretty easily last year. Tomac is an unknown on the new bike.
visser62
5/10/2016 7:06pm
jeffro503 wrote:

I agree about Blake. I think he may bring out the old magic. He used to be so fast outdoors, just blew Eli's and Kenny's doors off.
Ted722
5/10/2016 7:06pm
jeffro503 wrote:

Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
5/10/2016 7:20pm
Kenny's biggest problem is himself. Which could be scary for everyone else considering he has already won a 450 MX title while still having major 2 be half issues but in this last SX season he was clearly the fastest rider near the last 1/3rd of the season so maybe he has bucked the trend.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
5/10/2016 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2016 8:15pm
I'd like to see Roczen take it. Dungey will win the championship by being 1-4 all season. Dungey has way to many +'s in his corner vs the others Roczen and Tomac. Personally I think Blake will have flashes of glory but won't be in the fight after the 4th round Just my opinion that's all. I see outdoors pretty much the same as Sx with the exception of Anderson maybe around 5-6 in points. I'd really like to see Anderson get him a few moto wins and maybe some overalls.
Flatliner
5/10/2016 7:51pm
Park Boys wrote:
Kenny's biggest problem is himself. Which could be scary for everyone else considering he has already won a 450 MX title while still having major 2...
Kenny's biggest problem is himself. Which could be scary for everyone else considering he has already won a 450 MX title while still having major 2 be half issues but in this last SX season he was clearly the fastest rider near the last 1/3rd of the season so maybe he has bucked the trend.
He was winning when the title was all but decided.

It's damn hard to contend when you win one week and get 6th the next.
bsharkey
5/10/2016 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2016 8:06pm
Roczen is about to take another step back next year going to Honda, then Tomac is gonna have a year on him in regards to his...
and how do you know this LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing I think Kenny could win on any bike. look what tomac did on the honda last year outdoors
RbR
5/10/2016 8:24pm
I hope the series is competitive, but good grief, RD doesn't need KR or ET to crash out to win yet another championship. RD doesn't stand for Rodney Dangerfield, ya no ... no respect, I tell ya.
h&m_cycle
5/10/2016 8:57pm
daemon616 wrote:
OMG That was awesome bring on the outdoors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes... Bring on the outdoors...

Silas444
5/10/2016 9:06pm
Why no love for Movin' Marv? He was on the podium more often than Tomac in SX, and he's always been better outdoors. He gave Webb and Martin all they could handle last year - they even ended up having to team up on him sometimes just to keep him at bay. He's incredibly good on rutted, technical tracks, and there's lots of those comin' up. I expect him to battle for the top spots, but hey - the proof of the pudding is in the tasting, right? Right.
matze
Fantasy
3072nd
5/11/2016 12:45am
jeffro503 wrote:

Flatliner wrote:
Call me crazy but I'll take the defending champ. The guy who just won 10 races. He handled roczen pretty easily last year. Tomac is an...
Call me crazy but I'll take the defending champ. The guy who just won 10 races.

He handled roczen pretty easily last year. Tomac is an unknown on the new bike.
youre right about last year. But you cant compare last year with this year. Remember roczens crashes in supercross? 2015 started horrible for ken, obviously this year have already been a lot better. But i dont know, have the feeling tomac will smoke both of them...
5/11/2016 1:04am
Marvin gunna bustit-out!

RD or ET will be champ tho...

Post a reply to: Roczen vs Tomac

The Latest