MXdN, RBSR or MEC, who gets the most exposure?

500guy
Posts
12468
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
Edited Date/Time 10/13/2019 7:53am
After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN.

Maybe I'm wrong but between the horrible weather and terrible view from wet cameras.

When talking value, maybe there really is not much value in MXoN
9
13
|
ktm300hater
Posts
582
Joined
9/29/2009
Location
Stephenville, TX, USA
10/10/2019 10:28am
And with an app that is free to watch
10
1
10/10/2019 10:48am
MXdN by a mile.
12
13
mxmasta
Posts
1434
Joined
3/2/2010
Location
Planet Earth, DE
10/10/2019 10:51am
Do you mean exposure in the US or in the rest of the world?

I guess you may be right when you only talk about the US. But worldwide, it’s way more exposure riding the MXdN.
7
loftyair
Posts
2910
Joined
7/3/2009
Location
riverside, CA, USA
10/10/2019 11:22am
Soccer, futbol, football. Depends what world you live in.

The Shop

kb228
Posts
6153
Joined
1/31/2018
Location
Mansfield, OH, USA
10/10/2019 11:24am
Id imagine MEC gets more ratings. Its on TV and not behind an outrageous $30 paywall.
6
1
RG1
Posts
4661
Joined
7/12/2015
Location
GB
10/10/2019 11:48am
It depends what you mean by exposure. Because I think as far as public interest, attendance and viewers I would think MXdN wins the day quite comfortably. But if your taking exposure as far as TV time for the competitors, the Straight Rhythm wins hands down. Only 20 something competitors on track 2 at a time, everyone gets a slice of TV time
5
davis224
Posts
7603
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Cornland, IL, USA
Fantasy
10/10/2019 12:33pm
My boss who's kid once raced a 65 about ten years ago said to me yesterday, "I saw that straight up motorcycle race, that was pretty cool" talking about straight rhythm. I doubt he knows what the MXoN is.
6
Lucifa.
Posts
1415
Joined
4/14/2009
Location
Christchurch, NZ
10/10/2019 1:36pm
In America, not idea you tell me.

Worldwide, MXoN is a no brainer.

MXoN has been going on for years and is talked about each year. Heck, some of the riders I know have never seen a RBSR or ME cup race.
1
3
aeffertz
Posts
12804
Joined
7/16/2015
Location
La Crosse, WI, USA
10/10/2019 1:43pm
kb228 wrote:
Id imagine MEC gets more ratings. Its on TV and not behind an outrageous $30 paywall.
Have you ever seen the prices of a UFC PPV?
2
10/10/2019 3:27pm
Lucifa. wrote:
In America, not idea you tell me. Worldwide, MXoN is a no brainer. MXoN has been going on for years and is talked about each year...
In America, not idea you tell me.

Worldwide, MXoN is a no brainer.

MXoN has been going on for years and is talked about each year. Heck, some of the riders I know have never seen a RBSR or ME cup race.
America = Worldwide, dummy! C’mon!
1
1
seventeen
Posts
358
Joined
2/25/2019
Location
Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA
10/10/2019 4:09pm
WoodsRacer wrote:
MXdN by a mile.
How? Quantify you're assesment.
1
MJC
Posts
538
Joined
12/16/2013
Location
AU
10/10/2019 5:26pm
As a fan it’d be MXdN > RBSR > MEC. I’d imagine the industry in the US however it’d be MEC daylight, then MXdN and RBSR a ways back.
I reckon if MEC was pushed back to early December, it would get more exposure and interest from the fans, and be a better gauge of where the teams and riders are at after early season testing etc
1
kb228
Posts
6153
Joined
1/31/2018
Location
Mansfield, OH, USA
10/10/2019 5:36pm
kb228 wrote:
Id imagine MEC gets more ratings. Its on TV and not behind an outrageous $30 paywall.
aeffertz wrote:
Have you ever seen the prices of a UFC PPV?
You got a point.

But when the entire year’s american races are $80 or $90 or whatever it is, then Mxgp charges $30 for 1 single race, its outrageous.
1
4
kkawboy14
Posts
11486
Joined
6/5/2015
Location
USA
10/10/2019 6:08pm
500guy wrote:
After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN. Maybe I'm wrong but...
After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN.

Maybe I'm wrong but between the horrible weather and terrible view from wet cameras.

When talking value, maybe there really is not much value in MXoN
1) MEC


4) RBSR




9)....
1
6
therealhammer
Posts
226
Joined
6/19/2009
Location
Garden Grove, CA, USA
10/10/2019 7:54pm
500guy wrote:
After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN. Maybe I'm wrong but...
After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN.

Maybe I'm wrong but between the horrible weather and terrible view from wet cameras.

When talking value, maybe there really is not much value in MXoN
kkawboy14 wrote:
1) MEC


4) RBSR




9)....
I feel like I must point this out as the person in charge of RBSR .. how did we get 4th ? I will take a second ... but I can’t sit silently and take a 4th .. I only get paid if I make the podium .
9
therealhammer
Posts
226
Joined
6/19/2009
Location
Garden Grove, CA, USA
10/10/2019 8:24pm
RG1 wrote:
It depends what you mean by exposure. Because I think as far as public interest, attendance and viewers I would think MXdN wins the day quite...
It depends what you mean by exposure. Because I think as far as public interest, attendance and viewers I would think MXdN wins the day quite comfortably. But if your taking exposure as far as TV time for the competitors, the Straight Rhythm wins hands down. Only 20 something competitors on track 2 at a time, everyone gets a slice of TV time
If you guys figure out what metrics you want to use to quantify what was more valuable I am happy to provide those numbers for RBSR .. you will have to pester FELD and MXON to get the same metrics. There is no need to speculate anymore, the numbers actually exist. Very happy with the RBSR numbers and social chatter thus far.

Probably could ask the athletes who competed which event made them the most valuable .. they can probably guess from experience even if they didn’t do both events this year.
6
seventeen
Posts
358
Joined
2/25/2019
Location
Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA
10/10/2019 8:46pm
Not sure on actual exposure (however thats is measured...) but the RBSR was 10X more fun to watch...and Free!!
3
1
DPR250R
Posts
2187
Joined
9/14/2006
Location
USA
10/10/2019 9:58pm
If you guys figure out what metrics you want to use to quantify what was more valuable I am happy to provide those numbers for RBSR...
If you guys figure out what metrics you want to use to quantify what was more valuable I am happy to provide those numbers for RBSR .. you will have to pester FELD and MXON to get the same metrics. There is no need to speculate anymore, the numbers actually exist. Very happy with the RBSR numbers and social chatter thus far.

Probably could ask the athletes who competed which event made them the most valuable .. they can probably guess from experience even if they didn’t do both events this year.
Unique viewers would be a start.

I have no idea who you are but if you really are in charge of the event... thanks and congrats. Was really great to watch. Hoping for continued success.
10/10/2019 11:40pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2019 11:43pm
If you guys figure out what metrics you want to use to quantify what was more valuable I am happy to provide those numbers for RBSR...
If you guys figure out what metrics you want to use to quantify what was more valuable I am happy to provide those numbers for RBSR .. you will have to pester FELD and MXON to get the same metrics. There is no need to speculate anymore, the numbers actually exist. Very happy with the RBSR numbers and social chatter thus far.

Probably could ask the athletes who competed which event made them the most valuable .. they can probably guess from experience even if they didn’t do both events this year.
DPR250R wrote:
Unique viewers would be a start. I have no idea who you are but if you really are in charge of the event... thanks and congrats...
Unique viewers would be a start.

I have no idea who you are but if you really are in charge of the event... thanks and congrats. Was really great to watch. Hoping for continued success.
Jeremy Malott, Redbull Motorsports Marketing Manager. Aka Hammer.
2
10/10/2019 11:51pm

US bubble boys, mec and rbsr

the rest of the world, mxdn.

3
1
soren346
Posts
364
Joined
8/25/2009
Location
Charlotte, NC, USA
10/11/2019 2:30am
If you guys figure out what metrics you want to use to quantify what was more valuable I am happy to provide those numbers for RBSR...
If you guys figure out what metrics you want to use to quantify what was more valuable I am happy to provide those numbers for RBSR .. you will have to pester FELD and MXON to get the same metrics. There is no need to speculate anymore, the numbers actually exist. Very happy with the RBSR numbers and social chatter thus far.

Probably could ask the athletes who competed which event made them the most valuable .. they can probably guess from experience even if they didn’t do both events this year.
DPR250R wrote:
Unique viewers would be a start. I have no idea who you are but if you really are in charge of the event... thanks and congrats...
Unique viewers would be a start.

I have no idea who you are but if you really are in charge of the event... thanks and congrats. Was really great to watch. Hoping for continued success.
WoodsRacer wrote:
Jeremy Malott, Redbull Motorsports Marketing Manager. Aka Hammer.
I'm old school and I bleed moto. I was at the 87 Des Nations. But I'm willing to bet RBSR gives way more riders more exposure WITHIN the industry. MEC gives more mainstream exposure to the ET's and RV's, and MXON's gives more exposure world wide. I GUARANTEE perceptions of Branden H and AJ C withing the moto industry changed a bit after last week... I bet their stock went up at least a little as well.
1
kkawboy14
Posts
11486
Joined
6/5/2015
Location
USA
10/11/2019 3:03am
500guy wrote:
After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN. Maybe I'm wrong but...
After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN.

Maybe I'm wrong but between the horrible weather and terrible view from wet cameras.

When talking value, maybe there really is not much value in MXoN
kkawboy14 wrote:
1) MEC


4) RBSR




9)....
I feel like I must point this out as the person in charge of RBSR .. how did we get 4th ? I will take a...
I feel like I must point this out as the person in charge of RBSR .. how did we get 4th ? I will take a second ... but I can’t sit silently and take a 4th .. I only get paid if I make the podium .
The Outdoors and Sx would be 2 and 3 to me!

Because your event didn’t have national tv exposure it is below those that do! Doesn’t mean I didn’t think it was an awesome event, it just means your “exposure” would be lower in my opinion!
Gordon Liddy
Posts
1409
Joined
8/19/2019
Location
Butte, MT, USA
10/11/2019 3:13am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2019 3:14am
My interest in watching

1) RBSR

2) MEC

3) MXON
1
2
.kyle
Posts
469
Joined
6/5/2011
Location
GB
10/11/2019 3:33am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2019 3:34am
RBSR is a fantastic event. Red Bull with more style and class than Monster.

MEC only gets recognition because of the money that horrible company stumps up as prize money. It's just another same old dull SX race.
1
2
Renner153
Posts
1672
Joined
12/10/2008
Location
Mulberry, FL, USA
10/11/2019 3:35am
kkawboy14 wrote:
1) MEC


4) RBSR




9)....
I feel like I must point this out as the person in charge of RBSR .. how did we get 4th ? I will take a...
I feel like I must point this out as the person in charge of RBSR .. how did we get 4th ? I will take a second ... but I can’t sit silently and take a 4th .. I only get paid if I make the podium .
kkawboy14 wrote:
The Outdoors and Sx would be 2 and 3 to me! Because your event didn’t have national tv exposure it is below those that do! Doesn’t...
The Outdoors and Sx would be 2 and 3 to me!

Because your event didn’t have national tv exposure it is below those that do! Doesn’t mean I didn’t think it was an awesome event, it just means your “exposure” would be lower in my opinion!
So....to clarify...you think MEC gets more exposure than outdoors and SX? And, if you read the title, it doesnt state either of those two..it says MXdN, RBSR or MEC. Nothing about the other two.

I would also bet that RBSR get more viewers through the Red Bull TV App than MEC or MXdN.
1
Barrett57
Posts
2270
Joined
8/31/2010
Location
GB
10/11/2019 4:33am
The motocross of nations is shit, irrelevant and basically not worth watching or sending a team to. (unless the USA wins then we love it)
6
7
Crossup
Posts
1658
Joined
12/13/2007
Location
Moore, SC, USA
10/11/2019 4:39am
500guy wrote:
After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN. Maybe I'm wrong but...
After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN.

Maybe I'm wrong but between the horrible weather and terrible view from wet cameras.

When talking value, maybe there really is not much value in MXoN
I look at as pre-event hype (social media) and then the broadcast itself. MXdN probably will carry more pre-event hype since the discussions and build up started in August and the US team went over early this year. As far as the broadcast, I think that worldwide, the MXdN prob still would win out because it is broadcast on multiple international networks despite the rain and crappy camera work.
10/11/2019 5:24am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2019 5:24am
The threads/views/replies on Vital would suggest that the MXoN blows them all out of the water!
6

Post a reply to: MXdN, RBSR or MEC, who gets the most exposure?

The Latest