MXdN, RBSR or MEC, who gets the most exposure?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/10/2019 10:21 AM

After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN.

Maybe I'm wrong but between the horrible weather and terrible view from wet cameras.

When talking value, maybe there really is not much value in MXoN

|

10/10/2019 10:28 AM

And with an app that is free to watch

|

10/10/2019 10:48 AM

MXdN by a mile.

|

10/10/2019 10:51 AM

Do you mean exposure in the US or in the rest of the world?

I guess you may be right when you only talk about the US. But worldwide, it’s way more exposure riding the MXdN.

|

"Me fail English? That’s unpossible." - Ralph Wiggum

10/10/2019 11:22 AM

Soccer, futbol, football. Depends what world you live in.

|

10/10/2019 11:24 AM

Id imagine MEC gets more ratings. Its on TV and not behind an outrageous $30 paywall.

|

10/10/2019 11:48 AM

It depends what you mean by exposure. Because I think as far as public interest, attendance and viewers I would think MXdN wins the day quite comfortably. But if your taking exposure as far as TV time for the competitors, the Straight Rhythm wins hands down. Only 20 something competitors on track 2 at a time, everyone gets a slice of TV time

|

10/10/2019 12:02 PM

College Football

|

10/10/2019 12:33 PM

My boss who's kid once raced a 65 about ten years ago said to me yesterday, "I saw that straight up motorcycle race, that was pretty cool" talking about straight rhythm. I doubt he knows what the MXoN is.

|

10/10/2019 1:36 PM

In America, not idea you tell me.

Worldwide, MXoN is a no brainer.

MXoN has been going on for years and is talked about each year. Heck, some of the riders I know have never seen a RBSR or ME cup race.

|

10/10/2019 1:43 PM

kb228 wrote:

Id imagine MEC gets more ratings. Its on TV and not behind an outrageous $30 paywall.

Have you ever seen the prices of a UFC PPV?

|

10/10/2019 3:27 PM

Lucifa. wrote:

In America, not idea you tell me.

Worldwide, MXoN is a no brainer.

MXoN has been going on for years and is talked about each ...more

America = Worldwide, dummy! C’mon!

|

10/10/2019 4:09 PM

WoodsRacer wrote:

MXdN by a mile.

How? Quantify you're assesment.

|

10/10/2019 5:26 PM

As a fan it’d be MXdN > RBSR > MEC. I’d imagine the industry in the US however it’d be MEC daylight, then MXdN and RBSR a ways back.
I reckon if MEC was pushed back to early December, it would get more exposure and interest from the fans, and be a better gauge of where the teams and riders are at after early season testing etc

|

10/10/2019 5:36 PM

kb228 wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

Have you ever seen the prices of a UFC PPV?

You got a point.

But when the entire year’s american races are $80 or $90 or whatever it is, then Mxgp charges $30 for 1 single race, its outrageous.

|

10/10/2019 6:08 PM

500guy wrote:

After last weekend, it just seems to me like everyone who rode RBSR got way more exposure than anyone did at MXoN.

Maybe I'm ...more

1) MEC

4) RBSR

9)....

|

10/10/2019 7:54 PM

500guy wrote:

Maybe I'm ...more

kkawboy14 wrote:

1) MEC

4) RBSR

9)....

I feel like I must point this out as the person in charge of RBSR .. how did we get 4th ? I will take a second ... but I can’t sit silently and take a 4th .. I only get paid if I make the podium .

|

10/10/2019 8:24 PM

RG1 wrote:

It depends what you mean by exposure. Because I think as far as public interest, attendance and viewers I would think MXdN ...more

If you guys figure out what metrics you want to use to quantify what was more valuable I am happy to provide those numbers for RBSR .. you will have to pester FELD and MXON to get the same metrics. There is no need to speculate anymore, the numbers actually exist. Very happy with the RBSR numbers and social chatter thus far.

Probably could ask the athletes who competed which event made them the most valuable .. they can probably guess from experience even if they didn’t do both events this year.

|

10/10/2019 8:46 PM

Not sure on actual exposure (however thats is measured...) but the RBSR was 10X more fun to watch...and Free!!

|

10/10/2019 9:58 PM

therealhammer wrote:

If you guys figure out what metrics you want to use to quantify what was more valuable I am happy to provide those numbers for ...more

Unique viewers would be a start.

I have no idea who you are but if you really are in charge of the event... thanks and congrats. Was really great to watch. Hoping for continued success.

|

10/10/2019 11:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/10/2019 11:43 PM

RG1 wrote:

It depends what you mean by exposure. Because I think as far as public interest, attendance and viewers I would think MXdN ...more

therealhammer wrote:

If you guys figure out what metrics you want to use to quantify what was more valuable I am happy to provide those numbers for ...more

DPR250R wrote:

I have no idea who you are but if you really are in charge of the event... thanks and ...more

Jeremy Malott, Redbull Motorsports Marketing Manager. Aka Hammer.

|

10/10/2019 11:51 PM

US bubble boys, mec and rbsr

the rest of the world, mxdn.

|

10/11/2019 2:30 AM

therealhammer wrote:

DPR250R wrote:

I have no idea who you are but if you really are in charge of the event... thanks and ...more

WoodsRacer wrote:

Jeremy Malott, Redbull Motorsports Marketing Manager. Aka Hammer.

I'm old school and I bleed moto. I was at the 87 Des Nations. But I'm willing to bet RBSR gives way more riders more exposure WITHIN the industry. MEC gives more mainstream exposure to the ET's and RV's, and MXON's gives more exposure world wide. I GUARANTEE perceptions of Branden H and AJ C withing the moto industry changed a bit after last week... I bet their stock went up at least a little as well.

|

10/11/2019 3:03 AM

500guy wrote:

Maybe I'm ...more

kkawboy14 wrote:

1) MEC

4) RBSR

9)....

therealhammer wrote:

I feel like I must point this out as the person in charge of RBSR .. how did we get 4th ? I will take a second ... but I can’t ...more

The Outdoors and Sx would be 2 and 3 to me!

Because your event didn’t have national tv exposure it is below those that do! Doesn’t mean I didn’t think it was an awesome event, it just means your “exposure” would be lower in my opinion!

|

10/11/2019 3:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2019 3:14 AM

My interest in watching

1) RBSR

2) MEC

3) MXON

|

10/11/2019 3:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2019 3:34 AM

RBSR is a fantastic event. Red Bull with more style and class than Monster.

MEC only gets recognition because of the money that horrible company stumps up as prize money. It's just another same old dull SX race.

|

10/11/2019 3:35 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

1) MEC

4) RBSR

9)....

therealhammer wrote:

I feel like I must point this out as the person in charge of RBSR .. how did we get 4th ? I will take a second ... but I can’t ...more

kkawboy14 wrote:

The Outdoors and Sx would be 2 and 3 to me!

Because your event didn’t have national tv exposure it is below those that do! ...more

So....to clarify...you think MEC gets more exposure than outdoors and SX? And, if you read the title, it doesnt state either of those two..it says MXdN, RBSR or MEC. Nothing about the other two.

I would also bet that RBSR get more viewers through the Red Bull TV App than MEC or MXdN.

|

10/11/2019 4:33 AM

The motocross of nations is shit, irrelevant and basically not worth watching or sending a team to. (unless the USA wins then we love it)

|

I no longer regret my username.

10/11/2019 4:39 AM

500guy wrote:

Maybe I'm ...more

I look at as pre-event hype (social media) and then the broadcast itself. MXdN probably will carry more pre-event hype since the discussions and build up started in August and the US team went over early this year. As far as the broadcast, I think that worldwide, the MXdN prob still would win out because it is broadcast on multiple international networks despite the rain and crappy camera work.

|

10/11/2019 5:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2019 5:24 AM

The threads/views/replies on Vital would suggest that the MXoN blows them all out of the water!

|