DV on Pulp

Motofinne
7/20/2022 2:31am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2022 7:23am
I had to create a thread about this. What a effin legend! I rarely listen to full Pulp shows anymore but anytime DV is in-studio i'll listen every single minute.
|
mx313
7/20/2022 2:36am
Yea dv is great to listen to and a laugh.
But.....
He talks way to much when it's the guests time to have the spotlight.
He talked over lucus mirtl so much.
And I don't even think savagty got 2 sentences in. When listening I thought savagty was just a random caller.
So that was not good. I think mirtl was pretty pissed off.
7/20/2022 2:50am
I love it when DV is on. He’s just intelligent and knowledgeable.
However, he should’ve kept his mouth shut, when Mirtl was on. Was really interested in Mirtl‘s take on WSX, the Jett and where the sport heading for.
7/20/2022 2:58am
He's so entertaining! First thing he says is he wished Eli wasn't calling in. Because even though he's riding great his bike looks so bad and he didn't want to bring it up to Eli lmao!
crowe660
7/20/2022 3:17am
DV is god damn national treasure.

The Shop

7/20/2022 3:28am
It was freaking epic. Dude will say anything to anyone. I loved it! "you are not core!" ahhhhhh it was awesome
Mavetism
7/20/2022 3:56am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2022 3:59am
Great hilarious guy with obviously a lot of experience and insight. I like listening to him, he knows what he's talking about. I also appreciate an successful ex pro coming in here sometimes and give some details or opinions on certain things.
But I agree on one thing, even if you don't have a lot of respect for some people, please at least let them speak and don't interrupt them constantly.
Rickyisms
7/20/2022 4:13am
I always have time to hear DV talk.
McG194
7/20/2022 4:52am
The funniest thing to me is how many times he dropped a "What if you're wrong?"

I've only listened to the Joey call so far but I absolutely love how blunt he is. DV don't have time for snowflakes. At first the idea of Eli on a 250 is bonkers but after listening to him he is absolutely right. Eli on a 250 and we win Des Nations pretty easy.
mofomotojoe
7/20/2022 4:56am
There will always be another time for Lucas to be respectfully interviewed as a holy Royalty.
DV is core and had no time for the marketing BS rationale. Yes we know, it's how the world is. Marketing vs sales yadda yadda. He is a retired racer yadda yadda...

DV was the guest and star of the show, so for me he was entitled to ruffle feathers. Like it or leave it. Unlikely he cares about pleasing the Wood Buttwedges.
And It's not like Steve has never cut anyone before with questionable takes. Yet always great entertainment !

I re-watched the show and DV did seem tired from the beginning. Fatigue with alcohol multiplied by hot takes maybe?
This was good as he spoke what some of us think.
Good for him because he gets to spill some beans. Kinda therapeutic.
DV, as much as you think nobody cares, we do. Miss your columns and regular takes. Always great to hear from you, even about sports I don't give two rodents' arses about. Even Stew has a podcast now... if only we could have a DV podcast or youtube channel. For reals/ Serieux !

Kudos for Steve to endure repeatedly being interrupted doing sponsors stuff... I would not have kept my composure and stopped the show! So despite his hot tempered image, Steve is actually very cool. ( wait... maybe I don't know how much this costs, hence why he put up with this ..lol)

Thanks Steve. Thanks DV.

Wish we could have seen Elic Tomac's face during the pep speech...

Takes worth discussing: So ...Jett is ready to go 450 for MXDN yet go back to 250 sx after that? did I get that right?

Can we get a Pulp show with RV, Grant Langston and DV ... and a few drinks? Pay-Per-View special ? woohoo !

Mr Darkside... , so many nuggets here !

New drop : " YOU ARE NOT CORE " hmm, that could be merch too.

AH387
7/20/2022 5:22am
I will always try to tune in when DV is on. Besides being a fan of his when he was a rider, I just think he is hilarious. I could listen to him talk about all things moto, for hours at a time. I love his viewpoints. I usually agree with most of what he says but even when I don't, it's still just cool to hear his view. And it's usually funny, even when he is not trying to be. It's pretty obvious that he still has some heat from his run-in with Rut, because he referenced him and that situation multiple times lol. I loved it. And I 100% agree with him on that view of the sport and where it falls for the regular person. Either way, thanks DV and Steve for a great show.
HD1200
7/20/2022 6:11am
mx313 wrote:
Yea dv is great to listen to and a laugh. But..... He talks way to much when it's the guests time to have the spotlight. He...
Yea dv is great to listen to and a laugh.
But.....
He talks way to much when it's the guests time to have the spotlight.
He talked over lucus mirtl so much.
And I don't even think savagty got 2 sentences in. When listening I thought savagty was just a random caller.
So that was not good. I think mirtl was pretty pissed off.
Joey was a random caller.
7/20/2022 6:11am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2022 6:14am
He is by far the best host primarily because his bank account isn’t controlled by the motorcycle industry any longer. He calls it like he sees it and doesn’t care what anyone else thinks about it. He’s raced professionally at the highest levels and managed the Smart Top team as well. He’s a very smart guy with decades of knowledge about the sport and the industry on both sides of the pond. I will for sure be listening any time he’s on.
soggy
7/20/2022 6:15am
Entertaining but dude STFU sometimes. He cut Eli off a bunch and didn’t let Mirtl talk at all. If someone disagrees with him he just talks over them. Must be a French thing.
8tensolutions
7/20/2022 6:15am
He was great, but would have been so much better if the guests could have actually responded. His opinions are legitimate and generally seem to be accurate, but the maturity level makes others take him less seriously.
motoxxx599
7/20/2022 6:48am
I met DV when I was 16 at a hole in the wall bike shop in Houston TX in 1998 when he and his dad were traveling to all the 125 Sx's in a tiny U-Haul. He was trying to purchase a spark plug but the guy behind the counter couldn't understand his broken English. We were able to help him using my C - high school French not having a clue who he was. About an hour later we ran into him again at Highlands MX and he was ripping around their night track jumping things I didnt think were possible. We got to ride with him that day for a couple hours on muddy amateur SX track and 2 days later he landed on the podium at the Houston SX. I used the lines I learned that day a to battle with Travis Elliot in the 125 and 250 B class at a race they had the day after the SX on the night track. Thanks for the time that day DV - it was 24 years ago but its still one of my coolest memories of this sport.
Broughton859
7/20/2022 6:52am
It's definitely entertaining for sure but I did want to hear more of what Mirtl had to say. They didn't even get into moving Jett up to 450 SX next year instead of "wasting a year" like DV was saying.

It's one of those take the good with the bad type deals and being so outspoken and brutally honest plus a little overbearing means this is what we'll get. I rather have that then someone who is vanilla not bringing anything to the table
tprice07
7/20/2022 7:13am
I get the impression that DV isn't a fan of agents. Sometimes agents come across as used car salesmen. I think Lucas has done a great job with Jett and I'm excited to see what they do in the sport but I don't blame DV for being critical of him..or at least agents in general.

As for Joey, I'm sure he is a super nice guy but a standard interview with him is nothing to exciting.

His take on Eli riding 250 was fun and I think Eli enjoyed it...but it would have been good to hear more of what Eli had to say. That said, Eli is pretty reserved so it seemed to help bring him out of his shell a little.
dv12.com
7/20/2022 8:35am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2022 9:17am
1. If you invite me on the show, I won't be a "yes, sir" guy, sit down and bite my tongue for 5 hours.

2. I will give my take on topics no matter what. I don't have any ties to anyone in the industry so I have the privilege to say things as I see them. I'm completely ok if you don't have the same views as I do

3. I'm not on the market to buy any BS anyone is selling

4. Some people will like what I say and some will say I'm a dick. It goes with the territory but I can handle it. It would be very easy to say whatever guests want to hear and to say things that go their way. But what's the point if I don't agree

5. I'm not a politician, I don't have to be elected to any position. I'm ok to be a divider for things I believe in our motocross world.

6. If guest callers want to do an informercial and have hosts tell them they're great, they can call back when politically correct hosts are on the show. There are many of those! I'm sorry people if I made some callers/listeners uncomfortable

7. I'm not selling anything or anyone so I don't need to rub anyone the right way for the image of my brand. I don't need industry money. I made SX/MX money (I won't make any more race bonuses) and I'm making my money independently. I can't make more money working in the industry as I do outside of it. I believe it's great to have that freedom to not have to watch what I say...
DonM
7/20/2022 8:45am
dv12.com wrote:
1. If you invite me on the show, I won't be a "yes, sir" guy, sit down and bite my tongue for 5 hours. 2. I...
1. If you invite me on the show, I won't be a "yes, sir" guy, sit down and bite my tongue for 5 hours.

2. I will give my take on topics no matter what. I don't have any ties to anyone in the industry so I have the privilege to say things as I see them. I'm completely ok if you don't have the same views as I do

4. Some people will like what I say and some will say I'm a dick. It goes with the territory but I can handle it. It would be very easy to say whatever guests want to hear and to say things that go their way. But what's the point if I don't agree

5. I'm not a politician, I don't have to be elected to any position. I'm ok to be a divider for things I believe in our motocross world.

6. If guest callers want to do an informercial and have hosts tell them they're great, they can call back when politically correct hosts are on the show. There are many of those! I'm sorry people if I made some callers/listeners uncomfortable

7. I'm not selling anything or anyone so I don't need to rub anyone the right way for the image of my brand. I don't need industry money. I made SX/MX money (I won't make any more race bonuses) and I'm making my money independently. I can't make more money working in the industry as I do outside of it. I believe it's great to have that freedom to not have to watch what I say...
Just keep being you...👍🏻

Pit Row

JRT812
7/20/2022 8:46am
dv12.com wrote:
1. If you invite me on the show, I won't be a "yes, sir" guy, sit down and bite my tongue for 5 hours. 2. I...

my man
SEEMEFIRST
7/20/2022 8:49am
Never change.
I always enjoy your point of view.
stremme12
7/20/2022 8:50am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2022 8:54am
dv12.com wrote:

Yeah but what if you're wrong?

I always enjoy your input even though I don't always agree.
Rickyisms
7/20/2022 8:55am
Have you ever been in a motorcycle or car accident? Did some idiot take you out?
7/20/2022 9:15am
"When the cheese is forming, you give a little whip... and good to go" - Manscape needs this in a commercial lol.
Ramrod
7/20/2022 9:15am
DV for US Mxon team manager?!?

His take was outside the box and very good once he explained it.

He was great, did a nice job co-hosting as usual.
kpiper
7/20/2022 9:36am
Thinking outside the box is great and I love DV but Eli needs to be on the 450. I wonder if DV was in Eli's position right now would he want to ride the 250?

I personally don't think Eli would do well on the 250 at all. It would be embarrassing for him.
jenssog
7/20/2022 9:44am
If DV would not constantly interrupt and lose himself in unstructured rambles I would say he's one of the better co-hosts.
gt80rider
7/20/2022 9:44am
Dv was right on everything... especially the ridiculous amount of commercials.... his insite is top notch...

But...

He came across poorly... he came across as an angry man.... nobody likes an angry man.... the cursing, especially at mathes sponsors... was over the line.... I get it dv... the over the top Phoenician materialism on the pulp show is too much and quite frankly sad to see... but... his show, his mistakes...
gt80rider
7/20/2022 9:46am
Also...

Why don't we have a live Monday night listening thread for the pulp show, just like we do for the races?
early
7/20/2022 9:58am
gt80rider wrote:
Also...

Why don't we have a live Monday night listening thread for the pulp show, just like we do for the races?
Most listeners arent listening live, we listen over the course of the next couple days and skip the ads. The ads on the show aren't really a problem.

DV rules, he knocked Eli out of his normal interview mode.

Post a reply to: DV on Pulp

The Latest

The Latest