DV on Pulp

300exc
7/23/2022 5:51am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2022 5:59am
Love DV and his place in the sport.
But I must say he came across in this deal as a friend you were meeting at the bar at 8.
You show up to find out he’s been there since 5 and is 6 shots down already.
Your trying to have a normal conversation with him and all ya get is “this place sucks”.
Even Le Big was kinda looking at him like “ what the hell?”
Really, why didn’t anyone bring up if he thinks Eli could win on any bike, and the bike makes no difference at all, why didn’t Eli win last Mx season?
Or the reason he even mentions WPS is because of marketing.
Some pretty solid opinions but some just to be shocking it seemed to me.
Still dig DV.
therealhammer
7/23/2022 6:12am
Crush wrote:
Just listening to this now while catching up on some work. Love DV. The sponsorship stuff is interesting. I don't get how Mertz is trying to...
Just listening to this now while catching up on some work.

Love DV.

The sponsorship stuff is interesting.

I don't get how Mertz is trying to tell us the rosy picture on the sport sponsorship status like we don't have 30 years of that not happening. We literally just had a period of different sponsors come in with a few big satellite teams, H&H etc, and they all packed up and fucked off, and what's more, their competition didn't dive in and try compete at all.

And it's very well to say the energy drinks are dominating, but it's not like there aren't teams who are free and ready to go! Monster Yamaha/Kawi. Rockstar Husky. Redbull KTM. Suzuki and Honda are free, and there are 250 teams and the Nationals that would probably do unspeakable things for a massive outside the industry title.

Don't know where he's coming up with that at all... DV is right, the approach is all wrong and the sport is tiny with a bunch of problems... it's almost weird listening too a view selling it as nearly void of issues.
He can only sell what inventory he has to sell with his clients. He does not represent Honda, Pro-circuit Kawi or KTM (teams his riders are all on). Clearly the biggest thing we are missing is a decent TV package but right now all the two promoters care about are tickets $$$ because the value for the TV rights is so low. That falls on the promoters to build up.

What other athletes are standing apart from the heard besides Jett/Hunter? That is hard work of their management: Hospitality zones, media night before A1, Clothing drops ( surprisingly big $$$) , ride nights at Dade City, Donut company. The boys are really trying their best considering they are foreigners in the lites class.

Lucas is doing his part and he would love for the sport to be bigger. I am sure he would have some input if the promoters came to him, but they have not. I would love to see other agents and sponsors do more, the competitive agent environment is pretty quiet with people doing the bare minimum.

On the topic of DV. Lucas rightfully sat back. If he started arguing back and forth with DV, it would look like two idiots fighting and nobody would be able to tell them apart. You cannot argue with personality types like DV... we have all seen it in our own lives. DV is great for certain things, but fostering conversation on a talk show is not his strength.

And no I am not Lucas.
aees
7/23/2022 7:23am
DV was hard to listen to at last pulp. Not what he said, but how he said it. Just annoying to actually listen to, the words out of the speakers - not the meaning of it. Did not let people talk, didn't care when other where addressed and just keep rambling.

Some of his points is also way off, like Lucas clearly explained why other s&p500 are not interested due to they can't be prime but DV just chose to not hear that.

Same when he basically called the complete industry brands for idiots, because there is no payback. The ratio is pretty equal and linear (hard to get a bargain), so if monster is overpaying for their space so is Fox, Fly, 100% and anyone else putting a dime in.

He is way off on that one, seems to have no insight to what it takes to build a brand. Do you think monster business case is so simple that they count 1:1 monster can sales vs invested money per event or even year?

DV had 5 hours, guests calling in had 15min, each. Let them speak please. First time I had to skip 30sec fwd several times when DV was rambling.

The Shop

Post a reply to: DV on Pulp

The Latest