Cooper Webb's podium interview

Hank_Thrill
Edited Date/Time 4/13/2021 2:18pm
If that wasn't the nail in the coffin I don't know what is.

What Webb said: He ragged on himself about having such a bad day, then ended on how gaining points on a
dad day is always a good thing.

What was meant:: Man, this points cushing sure feels nice. I can't believe Ken made it this easy on me
again.

What Webb said: Talks about how he and the team are going to work hard to come back to battle the next two
rounds with Eli and Chase.

What was meant: Ken, you and I both know you won't be up here. .

Feel free to add your own interpretations Smile Yup
|
MDana87
4/10/2021 9:53pm
sucks balls, but the fat lady is gargling and about a half second away from singing
thorns
4/10/2021 10:52pm
Yip, pretty much what I read into it as well.

As someone pretty neutral on who wins the title, I'm kind of sad that it seems the title has sailed at this point barring injury.
ShawdowGlen
4/11/2021 12:45am
Diffey.... "Tomac keeps his championship hopes alive". Seriously? 36 points down?

Webb did look awfully happy about his 3rd place finish.

What a brilliant start Webb had. RC was talking shit about how bad that position was before the gate drop....lol

ctbale
4/11/2021 1:36am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2021 1:39am
That dude is pretty shrewd and calculating, that’s how I heard it too.

I need to work on a few things so I can battle with Eli and Chase.

Because at this point the rest of the field are not even on his radar

The Shop

railit
4/11/2021 1:38am
Tomac did look good on that track. That track was a nice change from some earlier ones.
1.40 lap times. Who would of thought Feld or whoever runs this would have built a monster SX track like Atlanta
4/11/2021 8:14am
Diffey.... "Tomac keeps his championship hopes alive". Seriously? 36 points down? Webb did look awfully happy about his 3rd place finish. What a brilliant start Webb...
Diffey.... "Tomac keeps his championship hopes alive". Seriously? 36 points down?

What a brilliant start Webb had. RC was talking shit about how bad that position was before the gate drop....lol

All it takes is for Webb to crash during practice or a heat race and not make the night main event. Tomac & Roczen gain 25pts with Webb out. Then they are right back in it. Very unlikely but look at what happened last year. I’m pretty sure Webb has this one in the bag already tho
DK23
4/11/2021 8:52am
Diffey.... "Tomac keeps his championship hopes alive". Seriously? 36 points down? Webb did look awfully happy about his 3rd place finish. What a brilliant start Webb...

All it takes is for Webb to crash during practice or a heat race and not make the night main event. Tomac & Roczen gain 25pts...
All it takes is for Webb to crash during practice or a heat race and not make the night main event. Tomac & Roczen gain 25pts with Webb out. Then they are right back in it. Very unlikely but look at what happened last year. I’m pretty sure Webb has this one in the bag already tho
Just because Webb is out doesn't mean Kenny is getting 1st or 2nd. If Webb wasn't at Atl1, Roczen would've been 8th. Tomac on the other hand, he would most likely podium with or without Webb in the race.
visser62
4/11/2021 9:12am

All it takes is for Webb to crash during practice or a heat race and not make the night main event. Tomac & Roczen gain 25pts...
"All it takes is something that almost never happens."
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/11/2021 9:31am
I was saying the same thing a month ago, but now the points spread is too far a part for that. Barring a mechanical, Coop has this thing. There was a point where things were tight enough and Coop was pushing at +100%, where mistakes can happen that could have upset the points. He has the points lead now where he doesn't have to push as hard to where mistakes can happen - he should be able to manage it from here on out. All he has to do is avoid any major mechanical issues and first turn crashes that takes him out (like Anderson's front wheel issue in 2018), and its his title. Shoot, one more bad race from Kenny and this thing will be wrapped up in SLC 1.

Thankfully both 250 classes are great for title chases!
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
4/11/2021 9:59am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2021 10:01am
visser62 wrote:
"All it takes is something that almost never happens."
When you move from “Ken just needs to win” to “Cooper just has to get hurt or have a mechanical DNF” dialogue everybody acknowledges it’s Cooper’s championship to lose, not Kenny’s to win.
motoman617
4/11/2021 9:59am
Webb just has that confident look about him like he knows if he keeps things clean and stays close to the two other guys that this thing is his. I was rooting for Kenny to finally get a SX title but sorry to say I don’t think that will happen.
Webb keeps his nose clean and stays close to the other guys and nothing catastrophic happens this thing is his.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
4/12/2021 6:20pm
We have seen Cooper Webb win a championship by racing with a broken wrist in Las Vegas before... He finished the race, went straight to the hospital.

Would take a mechanical DNF to stop Coop from winning this. and even then, i wouldn't be surprised to see him push the bike around the track
FerCzD
4/12/2021 8:32pm
Difficult years ahead for anyone who is not a Webb fan. Guy is on his way to dominate the SX field in the foreseeable future.
Brent
4/12/2021 8:36pm

Cooper wasn't happy with HIS finish.

He was Happy with Roczen's...
JHForman
4/12/2021 9:12pm
FerCzD wrote:
Difficult years ahead for anyone who is not a Webb fan. Guy is on his way to dominate the SX field in the foreseeable future.
I kinda want to agree with this, but I also feel like Sexton is the future.
4/12/2021 9:52pm
MDana87 wrote:
sucks balls, but the fat lady is gargling and about a half second away from singing
The fat lady has sung already and kicking back having a beer or 20 to RC’s drinking games..
moto111
Fantasy
1438th
4/13/2021 4:02am
So ... when does the outdoors start ?
TXDirt
4/13/2021 7:09am

RC does not like Webb. It's completely obvious and RC looks like an idiot all the time.

In the third round at Arlington before the main they asked RC who he had on the podium for the main. He didn't have Webb.

Keep in mind, Webb just won the first two rounds at Arlington in the same building, Webb is the point's leader. Web has won more SX mains this year.

Hello RC?? Are you there?? And RC doesn't even have Webb on the podium. I mean seriously, RC must be drunk or he just hates Webb. Or maybe both.

And of course, who do you think the main event winner was????

WEBB!!!!

Come on RC.....
spimx
4/13/2021 7:31am
I don't like Web because apparently he had to date Roczens x girlfriend and for some reason he can't get along with his teammates Marvin or Barcia. I don't think pointing back at Roczen over the finish line was to classy especially with their history
kpiper
4/13/2021 8:09am
spimx wrote:
I don't like Web because apparently he had to date Roczens x girlfriend and for some reason he can't get along with his teammates Marvin or...
I don't like Web because apparently he had to date Roczens x girlfriend and for some reason he can't get along with his teammates Marvin or Barcia. I don't think pointing back at Roczen over the finish line was to classy especially with their history
Pointing back at Roczen was probably the greatest racing move Webb ever did.

It has paid him many dividends since.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/13/2021 8:57am
I don't really like Webb, but he's going to be a 2X champ in SLC. It would take a major catastrophe on his part for him to lose this thing now.
snillum
Fantasy
329th
4/13/2021 10:29am
Rickyisms wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/13/487549/s1200_webb.jpg[/img]

This move single handedly made me like Webb. I like some tension in the air, it makes the racing more alive. Now, don't get me wrong, I like racing to be fair regardless of riders relationships but I do like the tension between the two. Besides, what is wrong with being confident? I keep seeing everyone say Webb has that smug look on his face all of the time. It reminds me of the South Park episode when Butters keeps getting yelled at by his parents because he keeps making "that face". It's just the way he looks.

With all of that said, I want to see Kenny pull off the upset.
Rickyisms
4/13/2021 11:19am
Rickyisms wrote:

snillum wrote:
This move single handedly made me like Webb. I like some tension in the air, it makes the racing more alive. Now, don't get me wrong...
This move single handedly made me like Webb. I like some tension in the air, it makes the racing more alive. Now, don't get me wrong, I like racing to be fair regardless of riders relationships but I do like the tension between the two. Besides, what is wrong with being confident? I keep seeing everyone say Webb has that smug look on his face all of the time. It reminds me of the South Park episode when Butters keeps getting yelled at by his parents because he keeps making "that face". It's just the way he looks.

With all of that said, I want to see Kenny pull off the upset.
Same for me, I admired Webb's talents during his 250 career but hated how snarky and cocky he was. I think it's good he struggled for a bit at the start of his 450 career. In his words he's "glad he got his ass kicked" because it made winning feel that much better. He reminds me of MC in a way, you can always count him to be there in the end, even if he's not the flashiest or fastest.
spimx
4/13/2021 12:35pm
Rickyisms wrote:

Does anyone know the real story of Webb and Roczens girlfriend. Because I wouldn't do that. That's small town highschool type stuff. Stay away from other dudes girls especially if you are a millionaire and world traveler.
DunnySeat
Fantasy
2648th
4/13/2021 2:18pm
Rickyisms wrote:

spimx wrote:
Does anyone know the real story of Webb and Roczens girlfriend. Because I wouldn't do that. That's small town highschool type stuff. Stay away from other...
Does anyone know the real story of Webb and Roczens girlfriend. Because I wouldn't do that. That's small town highschool type stuff. Stay away from other dudes girls especially if you are a millionaire and world traveler.
There's heaps of riders on other rides ex missus.
spimx
4/13/2021 2:36pm
Rickyisms wrote:

spimx wrote:
Does anyone know the real story of Webb and Roczens girlfriend. Because I wouldn't do that. That's small town highschool type stuff. Stay away from other...
DunnySeat wrote:
Thats ridiculous
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
4/13/2021 3:10pm
spimx wrote:
DunnySeat wrote:
spimx wrote:
Thats ridiculous
You marry a virgin? Every person you’ve been with, you’re the 1st?

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb's podium interview

The Latest