Cooper Webb's podium interview

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2021 9:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2021 9:49 PM

If that wasn't the nail in the coffin I don't know what is.

What Webb said: He ragged on himself about having such a bad day, then ended on how gaining points on a
dad day is always a good thing.

What was meant:: Man, this points cushing sure feels nice. I can't believe Ken made it this easy on me
again.

What Webb said: Talks about how he and the team are going to work hard to come back to battle the next two
rounds with Eli and Chase.

What was meant: Ken, you and I both know you won't be up here. .

Feel free to add your own interpretations smile Yup

|

Warning: I support propane and propane accessories, fossil burning two-cycle engines, U.S. beef industry and watching the best athletes in the world go to battle... Yup...

4/10/2021 9:53 PM

sucks balls, but the fat lady is gargling and about a half second away from singing

|

4/10/2021 10:52 PM

Yip, pretty much what I read into it as well.

As someone pretty neutral on who wins the title, I'm kind of sad that it seems the title has sailed at this point barring injury.

|

Current: 2010 TM 250MX
Previous: 2012 KX450f, 2009 K8 RM250, 2012 RMZ250, 2008 YZ125

4/11/2021 12:45 AM

Diffey.... "Tomac keeps his championship hopes alive". Seriously? 36 points down?

Webb did look awfully happy about his 3rd place finish.

What a brilliant start Webb had. RC was talking shit about how bad that position was before the gate drop....lol

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

4/11/2021 1:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2021 1:39 AM

That dude is pretty shrewd and calculating, that’s how I heard it too.

I need to work on a few things so I can battle with Eli and Chase.

Because at this point the rest of the field are not even on his radar

|

2 Stroke, Drum Brakes, Finned Cylinders!!!

4/11/2021 1:38 AM

Tomac did look good on that track. That track was a nice change from some earlier ones.
1.40 lap times. Who would of thought Feld or whoever runs this would have built a monster SX track like Atlanta

|

4/11/2021 6:16 AM

22 points up on Roczen

|

4/11/2021 8:14 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

Diffey.... "Tomac keeps his championship hopes alive". Seriously? 36 points down?

Webb did look awfully happy about his 3rd ...more

All it takes is for Webb to crash during practice or a heat race and not make the night main event. Tomac & Roczen gain 25pts with Webb out. Then they are right back in it. Very unlikely but look at what happened last year. I’m pretty sure Webb has this one in the bag already tho

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

4/11/2021 8:52 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

eric513anderson wrote:

All it takes is for Webb to crash during practice or a heat race and not make the night main event. Tomac & Roczen gain ...more

Just because Webb is out doesn't mean Kenny is getting 1st or 2nd. If Webb wasn't at Atl1, Roczen would've been 8th. Tomac on the other hand, he would most likely podium with or without Webb in the race.

|

4/11/2021 9:12 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

eric513anderson wrote:

All it takes is for Webb to crash during practice or a heat race and not make the night main event. Tomac & Roczen gain ...more

"All it takes is something that almost never happens."

|

4/11/2021 9:31 AM

eric513anderson wrote:

I was saying the same thing a month ago, but now the points spread is too far a part for that. Barring a mechanical, Coop has this thing. There was a point where things were tight enough and Coop was pushing at +100%, where mistakes can happen that could have upset the points. He has the points lead now where he doesn't have to push as hard to where mistakes can happen - he should be able to manage it from here on out. All he has to do is avoid any major mechanical issues and first turn crashes that takes him out (like Anderson's front wheel issue in 2018), and its his title. Shoot, one more bad race from Kenny and this thing will be wrapped up in SLC 1.

Thankfully both 250 classes are great for title chases!

|

4/11/2021 9:44 AM

Would love it if Coop wrapped this bitch up before SLC

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

4/11/2021 9:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2021 10:01 AM

visser62 wrote:

"All it takes is something that almost never happens."

When you move from “Ken just needs to win” to “Cooper just has to get hurt or have a mechanical DNF” dialogue everybody acknowledges it’s Cooper’s championship to lose, not Kenny’s to win.

|

4/11/2021 9:59 AM

Webb just has that confident look about him like he knows if he keeps things clean and stays close to the two other guys that this thing is his. I was rooting for Kenny to finally get a SX title but sorry to say I don’t think that will happen.
Webb keeps his nose clean and stays close to the other guys and nothing catastrophic happens this thing is his.

|

4/12/2021 6:20 PM

We have seen Cooper Webb win a championship by racing with a broken wrist in Las Vegas before... He finished the race, went straight to the hospital.

Would take a mechanical DNF to stop Coop from winning this. and even then, i wouldn't be surprised to see him push the bike around the track

|

4/12/2021 8:32 PM

Difficult years ahead for anyone who is not a Webb fan. Guy is on his way to dominate the SX field in the foreseeable future.

|

4/12/2021 8:36 PM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

Cooper wasn't happy with HIS finish.

He was Happy with Roczen's...

|

4/12/2021 9:12 PM

FerCzD wrote:

Difficult years ahead for anyone who is not a Webb fan. Guy is on his way to dominate the SX field in the foreseeable future.

I kinda want to agree with this, but I also feel like Sexton is the future.

|

4/12/2021 9:52 PM

MDana87 wrote:

sucks balls, but the fat lady is gargling and about a half second away from singing

The fat lady has sung already and kicking back having a beer or 20 to RC’s drinking games..

|

4/13/2021 4:02 AM

So ... when does the outdoors start ?

|

4/13/2021 7:09 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

RC does not like Webb. It's completely obvious and RC looks like an idiot all the time.

In the third round at Arlington before the main they asked RC who he had on the podium for the main. He didn't have Webb.

Keep in mind, Webb just won the first two rounds at Arlington in the same building, Webb is the point's leader. Web has won more SX mains this year.

Hello RC?? Are you there?? And RC doesn't even have Webb on the podium. I mean seriously, RC must be drunk or he just hates Webb. Or maybe both.

And of course, who do you think the main event winner was????

WEBB!!!!

Come on RC.....

|

4/13/2021 7:31 AM

I don't like Web because apparently he had to date Roczens x girlfriend and for some reason he can't get along with his teammates Marvin or Barcia. I don't think pointing back at Roczen over the finish line was to classy especially with their history

|

4/13/2021 8:09 AM

spimx wrote:

I don't like Web because apparently he had to date Roczens x girlfriend and for some reason he can't get along with his ...more

Pointing back at Roczen was probably the greatest racing move Webb ever did.

It has paid him many dividends since.

|

4/13/2021 8:57 AM

I don't really like Webb, but he's going to be a 2X champ in SLC. It would take a major catastrophe on his part for him to lose this thing now.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

4/13/2021 9:58 AM

Photo
|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

4/13/2021 10:29 AM

Rickyisms wrote: Photo

This move single handedly made me like Webb. I like some tension in the air, it makes the racing more alive. Now, don't get me wrong, I like racing to be fair regardless of riders relationships but I do like the tension between the two. Besides, what is wrong with being confident? I keep seeing everyone say Webb has that smug look on his face all of the time. It reminds me of the South Park episode when Butters keeps getting yelled at by his parents because he keeps making "that face". It's just the way he looks.

With all of that said, I want to see Kenny pull off the upset.

|

4/13/2021 11:19 AM

snillum wrote:

This move single handedly made me like Webb. I like some tension in the air, it makes the racing more alive. Now, don't get me ...more

Same for me, I admired Webb's talents during his 250 career but hated how snarky and cocky he was. I think it's good he struggled for a bit at the start of his 450 career. In his words he's "glad he got his ass kicked" because it made winning feel that much better. He reminds me of MC in a way, you can always count him to be there in the end, even if he's not the flashiest or fastest.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

4/13/2021 12:35 PM

Does anyone know the real story of Webb and Roczens girlfriend. Because I wouldn't do that. That's small town highschool type stuff. Stay away from other dudes girls especially if you are a millionaire and world traveler.

|

4/13/2021 2:18 PM

spimx wrote:

Does anyone know the real story of Webb and Roczens girlfriend. Because I wouldn't do that. That's small town highschool type ...more

There's heaps of riders on other rides ex missus.

|

4/13/2021 2:36 PM

spimx wrote:

Does anyone know the real story of Webb and Roczens girlfriend. Because I wouldn't do that. That's small town highschool type ...more

DunnySeat wrote:

There's heaps of riders on other rides ex missus.

Thats ridiculous

|