Conor Fields down hard

Related:
Create New Tag

7/29/2021 7:58 PM

Carried off after crash in 3rd semi, I’m not that good at the internet so can we get updates here

|

7/29/2021 8:04 PM

He’s in the main tho.. I hope he can make it. They never showed the replay.

|

7/29/2021 8:07 PM

Left in ambulance a few mins ago
According to the twitter

|

7/29/2021 8:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2021 8:16 PM

That was a tough slam. Hope he's alright.

|

7/29/2021 8:20 PM

Watched it live, huge hit. Then Wiloughby didn’t qualify for her main in the women’s division. Hard crash in the lead with the 2nd place rider in the third lane.

|

"17"

7/29/2021 8:30 PM

mxbigd17 wrote:

Watched it live, huge hit. Then Wiloughby didn’t qualify for her main in the women’s division. Hard crash in the lead with the ...more

Where are you able to watch it from?

|

7/29/2021 8:37 PM

That makes me sick to my stomach. That did not look good at all.

|

Warning: I support propane and propane accessories, fossil burning two-cycle engines, U.S. beef industry and watching the best athletes in the world go to battle... Yup...

7/29/2021 8:38 PM

NBC sports app

|

7/29/2021 8:39 PM

USA Bmx Instagram, click the link in there bio.

|

7/29/2021 8:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2021 8:42 PM

one of the bmx facebok pages says broken collarbone. more worried about the rest of him

|

7/29/2021 8:44 PM

mxbigd17 wrote:

Watched it live, huge hit. Then Wiloughby didn’t qualify for her main in the women’s division. Hard crash in the lead with the ...more

greenmx5 wrote:

Where are you able to watch it from?

NBC Sports app

|

"17"

7/29/2021 8:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2021 8:57 PM

I starting watching quarter finals yesterday, damn BMX is sure different than when I last raced it.

I’m not sure I understand why the racers wear MX goggles and visors on an asphalt track? Asphalt roost?

Bummer for Connor, I hope he is ok- he would have taken the gold for sure.

I heard during the semi the track was very wet from rain?

|

7/29/2021 8:58 PM

Brent wrote:

I starting watching quarter finals yesterday, damn BMX is sure different than when I last raced it.

I’m not sure I understand ...more

turns are asphalt. the straights are something else, like pebbles/baseball field material?

|

7/29/2021 9:08 PM

Brent wrote:

Not asphalt, it’s local soil treated with soiltac.

|

7/29/2021 9:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2021 9:50 PM

That was a quite a Hit. Well, as most are, especially with the whole bitumen / whatthebloodyever surfaces they have now.

I really thought he was a good chance to win another Gold.

It's strange though, that they didn't let the next bloke in points ( whoever it was) up in the final. I guess there's no alternate rule? If a few things get fixed on me this year, I'm looking forward to getting back to both DH and BMX, in my 7th decade. I really find it disheartening to be just making frames at the moment, and not racing them.

As to goggles - I was surprised so few were using them. I 'tear' up at only a few K's an hour, and these blokes and blokettes are doing some serious speed. I'm also no fan of coppng a fly or any other bug to the eyeball.dizzy

|

7/29/2021 9:49 PM

That dude cut over so hard Conor had nowhere to go. That was so gnarly. Hope he’s ok.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

7/29/2021 10:00 PM

Damn that was a hard hit!

I have to say, I raced BMX for years (not anything close to this level obviously) and it is by far the gnarliest sport I’ve ever done. When you start getting into the faster classes it’s absolutely insane, I can’t even imagine doing it at the level they do and going the speeds they are now adays. There’s so little margin for error, every single part on your bike wants to get tangled up with any other bike in close proximity, not to mention the tracks they’re racing on now are wild in their own right.

Hope he’s all good and it looked worse than it was, those guys and gals deserve everyone’s respect and then some.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

7/29/2021 10:03 PM

I had Conor pegged for Gold and now can only hope that he is ok. That looked nasty.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

7/29/2021 10:06 PM

Brent wrote:

Kimman was the favorite and got the gold. Hopefully Connor is okay.

|

7/29/2021 10:07 PM

Photo
|

7/29/2021 10:30 PM

BMX Replay is on right now on regular NBC.

|

"17"

7/30/2021 12:05 AM

Yeah for sure hoping he 's ok? He hit hard.
All the crashes i saw tonight in both classes were definitely gnarly, Racers getting planted, usually with no warning and little ability to protect oneself. I wasn't expecting to see that much carnage but these guys were going for it!

|

7/30/2021 7:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2021 7:23 AM

Watched the replay last night, that was a brutal hit, collar bone and shoulder I’ll bet.

I didn’t realize that BMX had gotten so gnarly. Much respect to these guys and girls.

Do they use cable dropper posts, or do they have to adjust them by hand? Seems like a remote dropper would be the way to go…

|

7/30/2021 8:08 AM

Brent wrote:

Watched the replay last night, that was a brutal hit, collar bone and shoulder I’ll bet.

I didn’t realize that BMX had ...more

They have Qiuk release seat clamps and exchange out a short post for a post extension.

|

7/30/2021 8:09 AM

Better video.

They don't use droppers. The seat is just slammed way down all the time because they are manually everything with tons of body english. They never sit down on the seat.

They wear visors because of sun and also because no visor looks dorky. Many don't wear goggles but I would because one gnat could ruin your entire race.

My take - major dikk move by French rider #100 Mahieu. He started in the far outside gate and basically came across the entire pack cross jumping heading into the turn. He did not have the line and pinched off Fields coming right across his front tire as Fields was still downsiding the jump.

Photo

|

Powerband in every gear !

7/30/2021 8:15 AM

FGR01 wrote:

Better video.

They don't use droppers. The seat is just slammed way down all the time because they are manually everything ...more

What is it with the French and cross jumping….Hope Conner is ok…

|

7/30/2021 8:15 AM

FGR01 wrote:

Better video.

They don't use droppers. The seat is just slammed way down all the time because they are manually everything ...more

They change the seat post after the race. The seat post they race with is probably 5 or 6 inches long.

Starting in gate 8 and moving over is a normal move in bmx, nothing dickish about it.

If you’re in gate 8 and don’t start getting over, you’ll get pushed high and funneled to the back.

|

7/30/2021 8:22 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

They change the seat post after the race. The seat post they race with is probably 5 or 6 inches long.

Starting in gate 8 ...more

Oh boyy... I'm not talking about after the race.

Moving over is one thing, but when you come across the entire pack you better have the line. Coming across someone's front wheel as they are still in the air or downsiding a jump is full dikkish. Swooping in from the outside and causing a domino wreck that cleans out half the pack is not cool.

|

Powerband in every gear !

7/30/2021 8:42 AM

That was douchey as hell. Fuck that Mahieu guy.

|

Go Hawks!

7/30/2021 8:49 AM

mx510 wrote:

That was douchey as hell. Fuck that Mahieu guy.

Pretty sure it's spelled 'Matthes'. laughing

|