Anton not allowed on Pulp?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/15/2021 3:54 PM

Bummer as I like Anton and enjoy hearing from him. Why would Don prohibit Anton from going on any of the Pulp related podcast?

|

2/15/2021 4:00 PM

He was on a couple mondays ago

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

2/15/2021 4:02 PM

Steve was hoping to have Anton on tonight and he said Don came down on him and said he couldn’t make anymore appearances on Matthes related podcasts. Bummer.

|

2/15/2021 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2021 6:58 PM

He should just go on Gypsy Tales.. It's just as good as Pulp these days

Edit: So far 40 people haven't got my joke haha Could it be I'm not as funny as I think I am? Naah couldn't be that

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

2/15/2021 4:22 PM

And this is a bad thing how?

|

2/15/2021 4:34 PM

bigk218 wrote:

And this is a bad thing how?

Because Anton's commentary is pretty good and a good counterpoint to Matthes.

He seems to put a lot into his job and should be rewarded for the effort, not penalized. For his own good he needs to get out there as much as possible.

|

2/15/2021 4:36 PM

That's really weak on Don's part.

|

2/15/2021 4:41 PM

spd721 wrote:

That's really weak on Don's part.

...are we talking Donn Maeda here?

One of the most level headed guys I ever met.

I dont listen to these podcasts, can somebody fill in some history here?

|

2/15/2021 4:48 PM

Weak sauce

|

2/15/2021 5:10 PM

JT Moto wrote:

Steve was hoping to have Anton on tonight and he said Don came down on him and said he couldn’t make anymore appearances on Matthes related podcasts. Bummer.

Would you mind sharing where you heard this from? Anton is great on pulp.

|

2/15/2021 5:12 PM

JT Moto wrote:

big.dos wrote:

I would guess he is listening to the pulp show live now and Steve must have mentioned near the beginning of the show.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

2/15/2021 5:19 PM

JT Moto wrote:

big.dos wrote:

Steve discussed it about 20 minutes in on tonight’s episode. It was one of his rants. He was disappointed as he likes Anton and enjoys having him on the show. Steve wanted to have Anton on tonight’s episode. Bummer.

|

2/15/2021 5:30 PM

Anton is really well spoken and adds a very intelligent aspect to many of the Pulp Empire’s various podcasts. I get Swap not wanting to have his employees on a competitors podcast, but there’s enough to go around for everyone. Anton is the main reason I check out the swap moto media group but now I’m a bit less inclined to consume their media after this move.

|

2/15/2021 5:49 PM

That sucks, Anton is a real talent, really the only talent swap has. Donn is just interested in being friends with riders

|

2/15/2021 5:53 PM

#freeanton

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

2/15/2021 5:55 PM

soggy wrote:

That sucks, Anton is a real talent, really the only talent swap has. Donn is just interested in being friends with riders

Agree, he is the one bringing any real objective analysis and opinion to that outlet. Shame.

|

2/15/2021 5:57 PM

Probably made swap eat a pizza with some goofy toppings so he gave him a timeout

|

2/15/2021 6:06 PM

Pretty pathetic on Donn’s part. Time to unfollow and unsubscribe

|

2/15/2021 6:09 PM

I’m not upset. Anton is brutal

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

2/15/2021 6:30 PM

Pulp and SML are both independent media outlets. From a business standpoint, it makes sense that Donn would want Anton's input to be put out on his platform instead of Steve's. That's not being a dick, that's looking out for his bottom line.

|

2/15/2021 6:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2021 7:04 PM

Sully wrote:

Pulp and SML are both independent media outlets. From a business standpoint, it makes sense that Donn would want Anton's input to be put out on his platform instead of Steve's. That's not being a dick, that's looking out for his bottom line.

Right but when Transworld went tits up and Donn was about to launch SML he had no problem getting himself to Las Vegas to co-host a PulpMX show and promote himself.

I listen to both "empires" but honestly Donn is the least relevant part of SML podcasts and he can be pretty cringy at times.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/15/2021 6:35 PM

Sully wrote:

Donn doesn’t have anywhere near the platform Steve has, its smart for him to get his guys to a larger audience.

|

2/15/2021 6:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2021 6:38 PM

Disappointing, this was good cross promotion for both shows but I guess Swap is drawing a line in the sand.

|

2/15/2021 6:38 PM

Matthes has no qualms about promoting the swapmoto stuff on his show when Anton is on. If anything I’d think Donn would be happy with Anton being on Pulp. Matthes is friendly and not competitive with other outlets so it’s a shame to see this.

|

2/15/2021 6:51 PM

Swap’s pulled a couple cheese ball moves on Matthes in the last year so this isn’t surprising.

On the same note is it confirmed that Star doesn’t want Will on pulp?

|

2/15/2021 7:30 PM

I haven’t listened to Pulp recently as much as I used to, has there been some sort of falling out between Matthes and Donn? They used to be friends as far as I know.

|

2/15/2021 7:35 PM

They are both torn between A Ray...can't wait to tune into tomorrow's episode! laughing

|

2/15/2021 7:37 PM

Usually when I see Donns named attached to a SML interview I usually don’t click on it. Antons content is the only thing going on over there.

Also, donn had nooooo problem coming on Steve’s show when he wanted to promote swap moto live..

|

2/15/2021 7:45 PM

Star Yamaha told don he needed to cut off all contact with pulp or else.....

|

2/15/2021 7:56 PM

CraigCrashes wrote:

Pretty pathetic on Donn’s part. Time to unfollow and unsubscribe

#VitalCancelCulture

|

2014 Ducati Monster 1200
2014 KTM 300SX
2003 Kawasaki KX500
Instagram: @MarkusUpdate