Anton not allowed on Pulp?

xrmark
2/19/2021 7:29am
slipdog wrote:
This thread is a shitshow!
Like donn!
nskerb
2/19/2021 7:29am
I’ve been 50/50 on anton’s hot takes, he has plenty but is at least entertaining mostly. But seeing him randomly BL get his ego bruised for no apparent reason makes me think he’s a fucking loser .
Anton_514
2/19/2021 9:15am
nskerb wrote:
I’ve been 50/50 on anton’s hot takes, he has plenty but is at least entertaining mostly. But seeing him randomly BL get his ego bruised for...
I’ve been 50/50 on anton’s hot takes, he has plenty but is at least entertaining mostly. But seeing him randomly BL get his ego bruised for no apparent reason makes me think he’s a fucking loser .
Nice

The Shop

Panic_Rev
2/19/2021 9:18am
Before this thread I knew I didn't like Donn's interviews, but now I know I just don't like Donn.
MX114
2/19/2021 10:02am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2021 10:07am
Just curious what’s Antons background prior to working for transworld? Did he grow up racing or just a fan of Moto and became a journalist? I’m prolly in the minority cause allot of people like his work, but to be honest when I go to listen to the newest PulpMX and see Anton is the co-host it’s kind of a buzzkill anyways. He seems like a nice guy but his takes on subjects and input is too vanilla to make him an exciting addition. Him and Michael Lindsay are my least favorite co-hosts. On the opposite end Kenny Watson will always be my favorite. That dude always kept it interesting and unpredictable. Made for great radio
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
2/19/2021 10:08am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2021 10:09am
MX114 wrote:
Just curious what’s Antons background prior to working for transworld? Did he grow up racing or just a fan of Moto and became a journalist? I’m...
Just curious what’s Antons background prior to working for transworld? Did he grow up racing or just a fan of Moto and became a journalist? I’m prolly in the minority cause allot of people like his work, but to be honest when I go to listen to the newest PulpMX and see Anton is the co-host it’s kind of a buzzkill anyways. He seems like a nice guy but his takes on subjects and input is too vanilla to make him an exciting addition. Him and Michael Lindsay are my least favorite co-hosts. On the opposite end Kenny Watson will always be my favorite. That dude always kept it interesting and unpredictable. Made for great radio
Ironic man. I can't stand Watson but enjoy Michael Lindsay and Anton's opinion.
psg119
2/19/2021 10:42am
nskerb wrote:
I’ve been 50/50 on anton’s hot takes, he has plenty but is at least entertaining mostly. But seeing him randomly BL get his ego bruised for...
Anton_514 wrote:
Nice
I wouldn't go near as far as thinking you guys are losers but there does seem to be a trend on how you respond to fans with smart ass comments. I saw this in real time and thought it was a little dicky, along with the others responding to it on the photo. I mean we have all bumped our heads a few times. Cut us moto guys some slack. Haha. A fan can be created with a respectful reply and lost with ones like those. Or just don't reply at all and let the other keyboard warriors at them. Feeney got pretty offended at this guys comment as well. I mean it's just about cleaning tires for crying out loud.

Just food for thought.
Anton_514
2/19/2021 11:08am
psg119 wrote:
I wouldn't go near as far as thinking you guys are losers but there does seem to be a trend on how you respond to fans...
I wouldn't go near as far as thinking you guys are losers but there does seem to be a trend on how you respond to fans with smart ass comments. I saw this in real time and thought it was a little dicky, along with the others responding to it on the photo. I mean we have all bumped our heads a few times. Cut us moto guys some slack. Haha. A fan can be created with a respectful reply and lost with ones like those. Or just don't reply at all and let the other keyboard warriors at them. Feeney got pretty offended at this guys comment as well. I mean it's just about cleaning tires for crying out loud.

Just food for thought.
Agreed.

In typical Internet fashion, I responded to something the wrong way and regretted it later, then went on to explain in other tweets how I shouldn’t have said anything. My bad, was a little pissy after this whole thing kicked off and saw comments about my career decisions to work with Donn (the person that gave some hick from illinois a shot in 2009) and everything. Again, shouldn’t have said anything, but it happened and I wouldn’t delete it, so whatever. Just gets old seeing people try to flex their knowledge of Moto online all of the time to people that work in it.

I’ll be completely transparent here, so it’s all said and done from our end, but know that won’t even suffice to some people.

SML is where 100% of my pay comes from. I am a co-owner in the company. I’m not just some flunky like it was at TWMX, there is a lot on the line for me personally. Monday is our busiest time because of Kickstart write ups and our own podcast, and it’s next to impossible for me to have everything done in time to do SML and Pulp. That was the case this week; I couldn’t blow off SML to do Pulp because our advertisers wouldn’t get their commitments fulfilled.

Matthes is a super close friend to Donn and I. It’s great when he has us on, helps boost the SML brand and myself, and I try to help him when I can. People forget that Donn hired Matthes for a season when pulp and RX temporary split.

Look, I know not everyone likes me, or Matthes, or Donn. You all have valid reasons in your mind, and that’s cool. But don’t get upset when you say things about us and we say something back.
MX114
2/19/2021 11:25am
MX114 wrote:
Just curious what’s Antons background prior to working for transworld? Did he grow up racing or just a fan of Moto and became a journalist? I’m...
stremme12 wrote:
That’s funny shit. Guess that’s the positive side of Steve having revolving co-hosts. A little bit of everything for everyone’s different tastes. And both Anton and ML seem like nice genuine people. Just not my favorite co-host is all
yak651
Fantasy
214th
2/19/2021 11:30am
MX114 wrote:
stremme12 wrote:
I think the reason is some people like to be entertained (Watson fans) and some want info/insight (ML). Hard to get both, that's why it's nice when someone like DV is one (entertaining and has insight)
Trickamoto
2/19/2021 11:39am
All you jealous cunts living in Timbuktu with no life cutting down Don are hilarious. Go watch his editors vlogs... while you guys are sitting online taking a shit over nothing, he’s riding ebikes in the mountains, visiting his friends shops, and working at the local tracks spreading the love of Moto. Fuck you guys. Dummies.
2/19/2021 11:52am
Trickamoto wrote:
All you jealous cunts living in Timbuktu with no life cutting down Don are hilarious. Go watch his editors vlogs... while you guys are sitting online...
All you jealous cunts living in Timbuktu with no life cutting down Don are hilarious. Go watch his editors vlogs... while you guys are sitting online taking a shit over nothing, he’s riding ebikes in the mountains, visiting his friends shops, and working at the local tracks spreading the love of Moto. Fuck you guys. Dummies.

Living in Timbuktu, or Beverly Hills, just different zip codes.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/19/2021 12:24pm
psg119 wrote:
I wouldn't go near as far as thinking you guys are losers but there does seem to be a trend on how you respond to fans...

Just food for thought.
Anton_514 wrote:
Agreed. In typical Internet fashion, I responded to something the wrong way and regretted it later, then went on to explain in other tweets how I...
Agreed.

In typical Internet fashion, I responded to something the wrong way and regretted it later, then went on to explain in other tweets how I shouldn’t have said anything. My bad, was a little pissy after this whole thing kicked off and saw comments about my career decisions to work with Donn (the person that gave some hick from illinois a shot in 2009) and everything. Again, shouldn’t have said anything, but it happened and I wouldn’t delete it, so whatever. Just gets old seeing people try to flex their knowledge of Moto online all of the time to people that work in it.

I’ll be completely transparent here, so it’s all said and done from our end, but know that won’t even suffice to some people.

SML is where 100% of my pay comes from. I am a co-owner in the company. I’m not just some flunky like it was at TWMX, there is a lot on the line for me personally. Monday is our busiest time because of Kickstart write ups and our own podcast, and it’s next to impossible for me to have everything done in time to do SML and Pulp. That was the case this week; I couldn’t blow off SML to do Pulp because our advertisers wouldn’t get their commitments fulfilled.

Matthes is a super close friend to Donn and I. It’s great when he has us on, helps boost the SML brand and myself, and I try to help him when I can. People forget that Donn hired Matthes for a season when pulp and RX temporary split.

Look, I know not everyone likes me, or Matthes, or Donn. You all have valid reasons in your mind, and that’s cool. But don’t get upset when you say things about us and we say something back.
Hey Anton, this is just in response to your last sentence. I understand the frustration you guys get from some of the idiots sitting behind their phones/keyboards. I can't exactly blame you for responding to stuff like this and the way you guys sometimes respond. In my opinion even though I understand the frustration from peoples comments and responses, you guys are viewed on a different level and the things you guys do and say can and will affect your business. Your response wasn't all that bad, but Donn's was very unprofessional for his position in this sport.
LungButter
2/19/2021 1:26pm
Trickamoto wrote:
All you jealous cunts living in Timbuktu with no life cutting down Don are hilarious. Go watch his editors vlogs... while you guys are sitting online...
I took a dig at Donn in this thread but.... you are also right. I have caught myself randomly watching a few of his Vlogs and thinking to myself "Shit, this guy has it figured out if this is his day to day."

Also, I'm glad to hear Anton is gonna still make Pulp appearances. I think that is a huge value that Matthes adds to us fans, he brings in a WIDE range of guests and opinions. I appreciate hearing dang near all of them.

At the end of the day, we're all just "scum bag dirt bikers" that means we're not all gonna love each other, probably talk some shit too....but we're all in it together.

Keep on keepin' on Anton, SML and everyone else. We can all agree we need all the exposure and positive press we can get.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
2/19/2021 3:35pm
MX114 wrote:
stremme12 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
I think the reason is some people like to be entertained (Watson fans) and some want info/insight (ML). Hard to get both, that's why it's nice...
I think the reason is some people like to be entertained (Watson fans) and some want info/insight (ML). Hard to get both, that's why it's nice when someone like DV is one (entertaining and has insight)
I think you're right about this. I'm always looking for new info on today's sport which is why I like ML and Anton's insight. Watson has told some fantastic stories but I've already heard all of that once. With him not being involved in the sport as much I just don't get much out of him. I've heard all the stories and have enjoyed them once. I shouldn't have said I couldn't stand Watson. I've just heard all he has to say it seems like and I'm looking for more information on today's sport.
xrmark
2/19/2021 5:02pm
Anton_514 wrote:
Agreed. In typical Internet fashion, I responded to something the wrong way and regretted it later, then went on to explain in other tweets how I...
Agreed.

Co-Owner. Should probably tell your partner to stop telling everyone how stupid they are on social media.
Brent
2/19/2021 5:39pm

only 32 thumbs down? You Twats can certainly do better than that.

Donn Maeda has forgotten more about Moto than most of you rubes ever knew.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/19/2021 5:51pm
Brent wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/19/479439/s1200_Image_2_19_21_at_5.32_PM.jpg[/img] only 32 thumbs down? You Twats can certainly do better than that. Donn Maeda has forgotten more about Moto than most of you rubes ever...

Brent,

Sawfish
2/19/2021 6:07pm
Don so spicy [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/18/479295/s1200_FC178F90_2EA8_492F_A06E_E7A8283673AB.jpg[/img]
Don so spicy
RalphS wrote:
Wow spiraling downward and out of control ... Implosion in 1 2 3 ...
This is the same guy that blew out MC’s fox/no fear deal back in the day by printing a pic of him in new gear before his contract expired.

On purpose.

After he was asked not to.

And you guys are shocked that he’s still a piece of shit?
aeffertz
2/19/2021 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2021 6:15pm
Donn's also the dude that said he'll fist fight and fire Anton if he went to a meeting he needed to go for the company instead of doing what Donn wanted him to do. I know they are friends and business partners but damn... Donn seems to be a real asshole at times.
sandtrack315
2/19/2021 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2021 6:44pm
Love that wild left wing Anton. He loves moto, has great insight, takes his job seriously, and is true to himself. A smart manager / business partner would capitalize on this, not be short sighted.

The swapmoto podcast is pretty boring, too much insider buddy buddy chat.

Pulp. Keefer. Maybe a whiskey or DMX if the guest is great.
TeamGreen
2/19/2021 6:56pm
psg119 wrote:

Just food for thought.
Anton_514 wrote:
Agreed.

Kiddo,

You are a class act and I'm proud of you and all you've accomplished since that 1st time I met you as you were walking thru the pits taking it all in...with your camera in hand...was it 2008?

We talked about what you wanted to do in the "Moto-Media" and I recall telling ya to just keep on digging, meet people and stay stoked...'cause, dude, you've got The Stoke.

Well, look at you now! You're right in the middle of it and gettin' shit done.

Seriously, I am proud of you.

Your friend,

Manny
Anton_514
2/19/2021 7:01pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Kiddo, You are a class act and I'm proud of you and all you've accomplished since that 1st time I met you as you were walking...
Kiddo,

You are a class act and I'm proud of you and all you've accomplished since that 1st time I met you as you were walking thru the pits taking it all in...with your camera in hand...was it 2008?

We talked about what you wanted to do in the "Moto-Media" and I recall telling ya to just keep on digging, meet people and stay stoked...'cause, dude, you've got The Stoke.

Well, look at you now! You're right in the middle of it and gettin' shit done.

Seriously, I am proud of you.

Your friend,

Manny
Hard Rock bar at the Indy show in 09. That pep talk stuck with me.

Thanks, Manny.
jemcee
2/19/2021 7:53pm
Brent wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/19/479439/s1200_Image_2_19_21_at_5.32_PM.jpg[/img] only 32 thumbs down? You Twats can certainly do better than that. Donn Maeda has forgotten more about Moto than most of you rubes ever...

Man I doubled you with some stinky bait haha

captmoto
2/19/2021 7:54pm
So we found someone to hate this week and it isn't a rider. Yay Vitards!!
rohr397
2/19/2021 11:56pm
Bit biased here, but I got to work alongside Anton for two years.

First, I know literally nothing about why he wasn't "allowed" on Pulp but the reason provided sounds entirely in line. Monday's were always a rub because a huge portion of post-race content for TWMX / SML is set for that day of the week.

Secondly, I just wanted to chime in and say what a good person Anton is. Seriously as genuine as it gets, and arguably the most passionate person about racing you'll ever meet. And on a personal note, he set a great example for someone just getting their foot in the door and went out of his way to help set me up for success from the moment I met him at the airport for my first interview. He had zero obligation to do anything for some random kid that got hired on, but he went out of his way to help me with my job, moving to California, and my own personal life.

All of that to say, you can disagree with his politics or poke at him for not being your average moto dude, but hopefully you can respect his character and his passion for elevating the sport.

Post a reply to: Anton not allowed on Pulp?

The Latest