Anton not allowed on Pulp?

tobz
2/20/2021 4:14am
rohr397 wrote:
Bit biased here, but I got to work alongside Anton for two years. First, I know literally nothing about why he wasn't "allowed" on Pulp but...
Bit biased here, but I got to work alongside Anton for two years.

First, I know literally nothing about why he wasn't "allowed" on Pulp but the reason provided sounds entirely in line. Monday's were always a rub because a huge portion of post-race content for TWMX / SML is set for that day of the week.

Secondly, I just wanted to chime in and say what a good person Anton is. Seriously as genuine as it gets, and arguably the most passionate person about racing you'll ever meet. And on a personal note, he set a great example for someone just getting their foot in the door and went out of his way to help set me up for success from the moment I met him at the airport for my first interview. He had zero obligation to do anything for some random kid that got hired on, but he went out of his way to help me with my job, moving to California, and my own personal life.

All of that to say, you can disagree with his politics or poke at him for not being your average moto dude, but hopefully you can respect his character and his passion for elevating the sport.
Wodya on about man, no ones disagreeing that Anton is a legend.
Motofinne
2/20/2021 4:56am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2021 5:00am
captmoto wrote:
So we found someone to hate this week and it isn't a rider. Yay Vitards!!
Someone should start an online Excel sheet and write down which rider/person/company/team that gets shit thrown at them each week(some warranted, some unwarranted)Laughing
2/20/2021 5:17am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2021 5:19am
Jardo wrote:
Who has time to listen to a 4-5 hour podcast?
aeffertz wrote:
I listen to 7-8 hours of audio every day at work. Some jobs allow a person to listen to things as they work. Definitely helps the...
I listen to 7-8 hours of audio every day at work. Some jobs allow a person to listen to things as they work. Definitely helps the days go by much quicker!
Exactly totally agree with you, I can and do listen to podcasts I reckon 7 hours out of my 8 hour work day! I get 4 weeks holidays during the year and I do not listen at all during that time, I really enjoy Moto Podcasts but if I could not listen to them to and from or during work hours I know I would not listen to them much at all 🤷‍♂️
Johnny Ringo
2/20/2021 6:03am
So the deal is Anton can’t get his shit done and posted in time for a radio show that starts at 5pm? Oooohhhhkay

The Shop

xrmark
2/20/2021 6:51am
So the deal is Anton can’t get his shit done and posted in time for a radio show that starts at 5pm? Oooohhhhkay
I really think it’s just donn being a c*cksucker.
JT Moto
2/20/2021 7:17am
xrmark wrote:
I really think it’s just donn being a c*cksucker.
Correct. Now we are seeing Donn in a massive back pedal.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
2/20/2021 8:19am
Don so spicy [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/18/479295/s1200_FC178F90_2EA8_492F_A06E_E7A8283673AB.jpg[/img]
Don so spicy
RalphS wrote:
Wow spiraling downward and out of control ... Implosion in 1 2 3 ...
Sawfish wrote:
This is the same guy that blew out MC’s fox/no fear deal back in the day by printing a pic of him in new gear before...
This is the same guy that blew out MC’s fox/no fear deal back in the day by printing a pic of him in new gear before his contract expired.

On purpose.

After he was asked not to.

And you guys are shocked that he’s still a piece of shit?
Because that’s exactly how it went down, right?

If you’re going to hold a 25 year grudge against a guy, at least know all the story. I mean seriously, even McGrath is good with it now.

Vital mx should change the name to Vital Bitch and moan about everything.

All you pussies whining about something so horribly trivial is like watching high school kids melt down.
JT Moto
2/20/2021 8:23am
UpTiTe wrote:
Because that’s exactly how it went down, right? If you’re going to hold a 25 year grudge against a guy, at least know all the story...

If you’re going to hold a 25 year grudge against a guy, at least know all the story. I mean seriously, even McGrath is good with it now.

All you pussies whining about something so horribly trivial is like watching high school kids melt down.
You kidding bro? You've been on this board for years under an alias dropping "insider" knowledge to stroke the ego. All while saying "can't tell you my sources, just believe me". That is as high school as it comes.

Outside of GuyB, Matthes, Keefer and a few others, the industry "bros" are lame and people are realizing it.
Brent
2/20/2021 8:26am
UpTiTe wrote:
Because that’s exactly how it went down, right? If you’re going to hold a 25 year grudge against a guy, at least know all the story...

....don't be so hard on them.

It can get pretty depressing having to live in mom's basement as an adult.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/20/2021 8:28am
UpTiTe wrote:

Brent wrote:

Sounds like you have experience.
TeamGreen
2/20/2021 8:37am
So much “Ouch!” goin on up in h’yar!

I’m laughing’ my ass off.

Grinning
Sawfish
2/20/2021 8:37am
UpTiTe wrote:

Brent wrote:

Lmao. I love when people resort to comments like these. It’s like you’re outing yourself in regards to how simple you are, and that you have nothing of worth to contribute to the conversation.
LungButter
2/20/2021 8:57am
Brent wrote:

That’s about as stupid and played out response as the people who say “I didn’t see you out there in the Main Event so what’s your opinion matter.”

Keep lickin’ the industry nuts every chance you get bud, gotta keep up that Cali Bro street cred right?
Brent
2/20/2021 9:11am
Damn I think I caught my limit today! You kids have a lot to learn.

Some of you want a “worthy contribution” to this thread? Here it is.

Donn Maeda is a straight up professional and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He is also pretty damn good on a dirt cycle.

If y’all talk shit about the man, it would be nice if you actually had some facts, and I haven’t seen one fact here yet.
Brent
2/20/2021 9:40am
LungButter wrote:
That’s about as stupid and played out response as the people who say “I didn’t see you out there in the Main Event so what’s your...
That’s about as stupid and played out response as the people who say “I didn’t see you out there in the Main Event so what’s your opinion matter.”

Keep lickin’ the industry nuts every chance you get bud, gotta keep up that Cali Bro street cred right?
You are 100 percent correct, the “mom’s basement” thing is played out, I’m sorry.

I should realize that some places don’t have basements.
That fold out sofa in the den with that bar in the middle must be killing your back every night. Sorry dude.
Sawfish
2/20/2021 9:40am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2021 9:45am
Brent wrote:
Damn I think I caught my limit today! You kids have a lot to learn. Some of you want a “worthy contribution” to this thread? Here...

Donn Maeda is a straight up professional and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He is also pretty damn good on a dirt cycle.

If y’all talk shit about the man, it would be nice if you actually had some facts, and I haven’t seen one fact here yet.
Yes us kids have a lot to learn. Are we still doing lazy boomer insults? If that’s the case “get off the computer and go outside”.

Getting shitty with your fans, calling them “idiots” and “genius” sarcastically, all because your grown adult feelings are hurt is not very professional.

And I don’t think anyone really cares about his speed. He could be lapping Kenny. Doesn’t make him less of a prick.

BRB Mom says the grilled cheese is ready.
deluxeman
2/20/2021 9:43am
deluxeman wrote:
I am going to go against the grain here. Why would a competing podcast allow their guy to go on their direct competitors podcast? Should HRC...
I am going to go against the grain here. Why would a competing podcast allow their guy to go on their direct competitors podcast? Should HRC let Webb test ride their bike? Would Coke give their recipe to Pepsi? Don is trying to build his brand not add to Steve's "empire"

I see no issue with it at all. It ain't personal it's just business
tobz wrote:
They’re not really competitors are they? Going along with your analogy, it’s more like....Renthal not allowing their bars to be on Honda’s because they want them...
They’re not really competitors are they? Going along with your analogy, it’s more like....Renthal not allowing their bars to be on Honda’s because they want them exclusively on Suzuki’s.

No matter how you cut it, I sure as shit ain’t running to the subscribe button of SML because Anton isn’t allowed on Pulp.
They both put out dirt bike content for money so yeah that makes them competitors
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
2/20/2021 10:32am
UpTiTe wrote:

JT Moto wrote:
You kidding bro? You've been on this board for years under an alias dropping "insider" knowledge to stroke the ego. All while saying "can't tell you...
You kidding bro? You've been on this board for years under an alias dropping "insider" knowledge to stroke the ego. All while saying "can't tell you my sources, just believe me". That is as high school as it comes.

Outside of GuyB, Matthes, Keefer and a few others, the industry "bros" are lame and people are realizing it.
Exactly what alias have I been posting under again?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
2/20/2021 10:36am
Yes, exactly.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
2/20/2021 10:39am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2021 10:41am
LungButter wrote:
That’s about as stupid and played out response as the people who say “I didn’t see you out there in the Main Event so what’s your...

Brent wrote:
You are 100 percent correct, the “mom’s basement” thing is played out, I’m sorry. I should realize that some places don’t have basements. That fold out...
You are 100 percent correct, the “mom’s basement” thing is played out, I’m sorry.

I should realize that some places don’t have basements.
That fold out sofa in the den with that bar in the middle must be killing your back every night. Sorry dude.
If these really are kids in mom's basement, what does that say about you? A 60 year old man spending his Saturday arguing on the internet, just because someone said mean words about a guy that once said hello to you in the pits. At least the kids in the basement have a chance to improve their situation, so they don't one day end up a 60 year old man arguing with kids on the internet.
Brent
2/20/2021 10:40am
GrapeApe wrote:
If these really are kids in mom's basement, what does that say about you? A 60 year old man spending his Saturday arguing on the internet...
If these really are kids in mom's basement, what does that say about you? A 60 year old man spending his Saturday arguing on the internet, just because someone said mean words about a guy that once said hello to you in the pits. At least the kids in the basement have a chance to improve their situation, so they don't one day end up a 60 year old man arguing with kids on the internet.
What can I say?
at the track between motos I get bored...

Tongue
fins227
2/20/2021 12:11pm
After reading this, eff don. And oh yeah the key board warrior thing is played out, most moto guys are insecure wannabe cool guys, and if ANYONE said something offensive to your face you’d do nothing.
mxshot
2/21/2021 7:59pm
fins227 wrote:
After reading this, eff don. And oh yeah the key board warrior thing is played out, most moto guys are insecure wannabe cool guys, and if...
After reading this, eff don. And oh yeah the key board warrior thing is played out, most moto guys are insecure wannabe cool guys, and if ANYONE said something offensive to your face you’d do nothing.
FUCK YOU
hamncheeze
2/21/2021 10:50pm
Brent wrote:
Damn I think I caught my limit today! You kids have a lot to learn. Some of you want a “worthy contribution” to this thread? Here...

Donn and the owner of Ride Engineering (Adrian) have beef. In this case, it seems like Donn has a point to be upset with the guy. Fact.

Donn for many months, would post shity comments on PulpMX IG posts featuring Ride Engineering, a sponsor of Steve and PulpMX. Fact.

When Donn had no job and needed to stay relevant, he went to Vegas to co-host a 5 hour PulpMX show. Fact.

So let's analyze these facts. Instead of dealing with Adrian directly and moving on, he continued to harbour anger and made a point of trying to make the guy look bad, on another media company's IG. But then, when he needed the exposure, he was quick to go on the very show that the guy he has beef with sponsors. All of that is just unprofessional. Fact.

I listen to the SML stuff, mostly for Anton and A-Ray. Donn loves to shit all over the keyboard warriors, but dude, remember the keyboard warriors are also the people that consume his media and purchase product from his show sponsors. Donn might think he has some immunity in the sport because he's been around for so long, and I guess as long as he kisses ass to everyone's face and bro's them down at the test track then he can say whatever the fuck he wants on social media and in his podcasts, but the guy is out and out unprofessional.

Again, Michael if you read this, I really do like your work and I respect the opinions and takes you have on the sport and outside the sport but at some point you are going to have to cut ties with Maeda to really deliver everything you are capable of.
RalphS
2/21/2021 11:07pm
All in all this is great marketing for Anton, Donn and SML, this thread has more comments than any top rider thread. It doesn't matter if they talk good or bad about you as long as they talk about you and on top of that on a somewhat competitor outlet.

Wouldn't have worked out that well even if planned as a PR stunt. I wonder if the SML website traffic shows an uptick related to this "incident" and they prolly need it.

That's why I don't call races anymore folks, so you guys can criticize other journalist (welp I ain't no journalist but have a lot of inside knowledge about Marv's cat)
ATKpilot99
2/22/2021 2:59am
UpTiTe wrote:

JT Moto wrote:
You kidding bro? You've been on this board for years under an alias dropping "insider" knowledge to stroke the ego. All while saying "can't tell you...

UpTiTe wrote:
Exactly what alias have I been posting under again?
What he means is you post under an anonymous screen name and I'm sure you know that. There are plenty of former pros who have posted here who make no secret of who they are.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
2/22/2021 6:00am
fins227 wrote:
After reading this, eff don. And oh yeah the key board warrior thing is played out, most moto guys are insecure wannabe cool guys, and if...
mxshot wrote:
FUCK YOU

slipdog
2/22/2021 6:59am
fins227 wrote:
mxshot wrote:
FUCK YOU
GrapeApe wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/22/479866/s1200_Screenshot_37.jpg[/img]

^^^Haha, Grape killin' it as always!
hamncheeze
2/22/2021 8:55am
GrapeApe with some fine detective work. SML Kickstart podcast is going to have some epic double-down stupidity today.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/22/2021 9:08am
fins227 wrote:
mxshot wrote:
FUCK YOU
Talks shit about keyboard warriors...

Comes back as a keyboard warrior.

Makes sense.

Post a reply to: Anton not allowed on Pulp?

The Latest