Posts
3867
Joined
3/23/2012
Location
USA
Edited Date/Time
6/29/2021 7:45pm
Webb is in the prime of his career and in Supercross he is a legend already but we have to mention how bad he was yesterday, I can’t think of a guy at his level (2x SX champ) ever doing that bad in straight up races in the sports history. If Roczen would have gone from 1st to 5th and then 2nd to 11th there would have been plenty of threads about it, saying he should retire. I’m not gonna say he can’t turn it around but man that second moto didn’t even seem real. Best bike, team, trainer and to get passed out of the top 10 by a guy who was on the ground in the first turn has to be a tough pill to swallow. I’m assuming he improves for race 2, he has too.
Looking forwad to the next round.
Edit: yes I know McGrath won the 1995 250 MX title and was well on the way to the ‘96 title until the foot injury, but in prior years he just wasn’t getting it done. Web on the other hand won the lites outdoor title prior to winning 2 SX titles so it’s not like he doesn’t know how to ride MX
The Shop
DeCal Works Huge Plastic Inventory of UFO and Polisport kits.
Luxon 4-Post Bar Mounts
$189.95 - $239.95
Lol ok dude. Field is deeper than it’s been in 20 years.
It was obvious that Honda & Yamaha had their bikes more dialed..
I couldn’t help but chuckle after reading some of the threads thinking he was going to be a contender this year in the outdoors.
He hasn’t proven it on a 450 yet as the results speak for themselves since he’s been on the big bike.
Since the sport in the past 15 years has been more SX focused you'll have riders like Webb, shimoda is one of them I suspect aswell.
Name an Elite rider in the prime of his career that went 2nd to 11th with no crashes on a normal conditioned track. I obviously think he will get better but that was a tough watch.
http://americanmotocrossresults.com/live/archives/mx/2010/01/450_overal…
Pit Row
Webb, who some call the strongest mental guy in the sport, hasn't shown much outdoors.... maybe he truly focuses on sx and lets mx slide.... maybe he doesn't have that mental toughness for two series..... who knows... but if he wants to be one of America's best, he needs to put in the effort outdoors too.... but looks like he is taking the summer off again....
That said Webb was way off the race pace. If you put riders into 3 categories of swimmers, floaters, and sinkers, Webb was definitely a sinker. Not time to panic, but if this happens again in the next few rounds, then hit it.
What?
It was one race on a crappy ass track. I turn on the GP and those dudes were racing on chocolate cake with no ruts or jumps. Looked like CareyHart's backyard track.
Post a reply to: Webb’s performance