Webb’s performance

tek14
6/21/2021 5:49am
After watching 450 race2.. there is no room for Webb in top4 with his speed.
Yeti831
6/21/2021 5:50am
Cooper Webb is the modern day Chad Reed
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Except the part where Reed was fast outdoors and won a title.
More like all the fast guys retired and the one's that were left mangled their knees. But yeah, the record book doesn't keep track of 'how'...
More like all the fast guys retired and the one's that were left mangled their knees. But yeah, the record book doesn't keep track of 'how'. I'm still holding on to hope that Webb turns it around. I didn't think he'd be winning yet but I figured he'd be 5th or so. What we're seeing now absolutely isn't all he's good for.
You don’t win an outdoor championship (or any championship for that matter) by luck, dude.

And no, all the fast guys weren’t retired yet. Go watch a few TGOs from that era.
Johnny Ringo
6/21/2021 5:57am
Big bores and Small bores are different bro, look at Yamaha. Who on an Austrian 450 has looked great so far this summer? Bam in moto...
Big bores and Small bores are different bro, look at Yamaha.

Who on an Austrian 450 has looked great so far this summer? Bam in moto 2 at Pala? That’s it...
Silas444 wrote:
Wait - big bores and small bores are different? There you go again, pouring wisdom-inducing sunshine upon the dark hailstorm of ignorance within my brain. I'll...
Wait - big bores and small bores are different? There you go again, pouring wisdom-inducing sunshine upon the dark hailstorm of ignorance within my brain. I'll admit, the KTM/GasGas/Husky 450 contingent hasn't had anything to brag about in terms of results this particular season, but um, injuries juuuuust might have played a role in that - no?

I speak, of course, of the REIGNING CHAMP who's out due to being injured, but last year won the whole enchilada on this "ass" bike you apparently find so lacking. I'm only feeling dumber as I read this thread, and the one-sided down votes seem to confirm it's been hijacked by that ever-present clique of gossipy weirdos/juvenile fanboys that lurks around here, so, "if you'll excuse me, I'll seek my enjoyments elsewhere."

Where have I heard that line before?
Calm down
6/21/2021 6:44am
gt80rider wrote:
It doesnt?? Ac and herlings beg to differ
davistld01 wrote:
Sarcasm just doesn’t deliver in print, does it? I was alluding to the obvious…Cooper Webb just isn’t an Outdoors guy, at least not to the degree...
Sarcasm just doesn’t deliver in print, does it?

I was alluding to the obvious…Cooper Webb just isn’t an Outdoors guy, at least not to the degree he is a Supercross guy. The guys who are currently kicking his ass outdoors didn’t suddenly get 200% better than he is overnight. Webb is just better (currently) at the completely different game of indoor racing on an artificial track than those guys, and he’s better at the mental game too. The KTM is a great bike…in either racing discipline. That’s been proven over and over by many riders. It ain’t the bike!
Thank you! I can't believe people are blaming the bike on here.

The Shop

Silas444
6/21/2021 10:35am
Calm down
How pithy.

I'll say it again: you ain't no daisy, you aint no daisy a'tall.
scootch
6/21/2021 10:48am
He is a 6-10 outdoor guy. Full stop.

Geesh, we can’t all agree on this now? How much more proof do we need 😂
TDeath21
6/21/2021 9:10pm
SX only by 2023 at the latest in my opinion. It’s the logical move. When you’re the top guy in SX and struggle to get top 10 in MX, ya gotta do the smart thing and extend your career.
yz133rider
6/21/2021 9:15pm
TDeath21 wrote:
SX only by 2023 at the latest in my opinion. It’s the logical move. When you’re the top guy in SX and struggle to get top...
SX only by 2023 at the latest in my opinion. It’s the logical move. When you’re the top guy in SX and struggle to get top 10 in MX, ya gotta do the smart thing and extend your career.
It would make sense especially if he did the euro and aus Supercross series too.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
6/21/2021 9:50pm
fuck settle down buddy, Feel like you've had that built up for a while now. so let it all out, have your rant.. I wasn't comparing...
fuck settle down buddy, Feel like you've had that built up for a while now. so let it all out, have your rant..

I wasn't comparing titles or skill sense.
I'm saying these riders preferred the SX series over the outdoors.
hence why both have more SX titles than Outdoor titles. Both great at outdoors but the strong points are indoors
(hence the amount of titles)

Reed had a SX only contract, MC spoken openly about preferring SX.

Obviously Webbs not in McGrath's league yet. Well aware of this..

Crack a beer and relax a little

So if they preferred outdoors, they’d have more outdoor titles? That’s all it takes, huh? Comical.
eg.. Tomac?
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
6/22/2021 3:31am
He struggle with the new rear shock as Marvin.
wreckitrandy
6/26/2021 9:50am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Except the part where Reed was fast outdoors and won a title.
More like all the fast guys retired and the one's that were left mangled their knees. But yeah, the record book doesn't keep track of 'how'...
More like all the fast guys retired and the one's that were left mangled their knees. But yeah, the record book doesn't keep track of 'how'. I'm still holding on to hope that Webb turns it around. I didn't think he'd be winning yet but I figured he'd be 5th or so. What we're seeing now absolutely isn't all he's good for.
Yeti831 wrote:
You don’t win an outdoor championship (or any championship for that matter) by luck, dude. And no, all the fast guys weren’t retired yet. Go watch...
You don’t win an outdoor championship (or any championship for that matter) by luck, dude.

And no, all the fast guys weren’t retired yet. Go watch a few TGOs from that era.
Yeah, the year Chad won his title, the fast guys were retired or out hurt. For example, the only outdoor title holder in the top 10 was Tedesco. Look it up. Again,,,, Chad beat everyone that showed up but, the facts are what they are.
motomike137
6/26/2021 10:16am
The bar has been raised and the top ten are brutally fast. I still think Coop will find a way to get more competitive than he is at the moment. It's in his dna.
BigBoreFan58
6/26/2021 10:34am
Yeti831 wrote:
You don’t win an outdoor championship (or any championship for that matter) by luck, dude. And no, all the fast guys weren’t retired yet. Go watch...

Yeah, the year Chad won his title, the fast guys were retired or out hurt. For example, the only outdoor title holder in the top 10...
Yeah, the year Chad won his title, the fast guys were retired or out hurt. For example, the only outdoor title holder in the top 10 was Tedesco. Look it up. Again,,,, Chad beat everyone that showed up but, the facts are what they are.
If RC hadn't retired, he'd have what, 50 titles by now?
wreckitrandy
6/26/2021 12:59pm
Yeti831 wrote:

Yeah, the year Chad won his title, the fast guys were retired or out hurt. For example, the only outdoor title holder in the top 10...
If RC hadn't retired, he'd have what, 50 titles by now?
I don't know. I think he would have at least one more as he was ahead on points the year he quit. He may have spent all his luck though. Ten straight years is a pretty good run. Wouldn't you say?
Up Wind
6/26/2021 6:44pm
tek14 wrote:
After watching 450 race2.. there is no room for Webb in top4 with his speed.
Or any KTM. Its the bike
Up Wind
6/26/2021 6:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2021 6:50pm
Up Wind wrote:
He has the speed and fitness of all those guys. He's on a KTM. Thats the problem. IMO
davistld01 wrote:
Yeah, man…tell that to Dungey, Musquin, Herlings or Cairoli. The KTM just doesn’t work outdoors.
I didnt see any of them up front last week or the weeks before? Maybe next week???
GD350
Fantasy
1708th
6/26/2021 7:00pm
^ These Yamaha guys are nuts 😂😂😂
cool_hand
6/26/2021 7:05pm
Brother Webb is gonna have to dig deep to run with the pack,...I think he'll pull it together and be in the top 5
therealhammer
6/26/2021 7:10pm
gt80rider wrote:
It doesnt?? Ac and herlings beg to differ
davistld01 wrote:
Sarcasm just doesn’t deliver in print, does it? I was alluding to the obvious…Cooper Webb just isn’t an Outdoors guy, at least not to the degree...

I was alluding to the obvious…Cooper Webb just isn’t an Outdoors guy, at least not to the degree he is a Supercross guy. The guys who are currently kicking his ass outdoors didn’t suddenly get 200% better than he is overnight. Webb is just better (currently) at the completely different game of indoor racing on an artificial track than those guys, and he’s better at the mental game too. The KTM is a great bike…in either racing discipline. That’s been proven over and over by many riders. It ain’t the bike!
KTM Euro bike and KTM American bike are different frames with very different approaches to set up philosophy. Cooper didnt forget how to ride outdoors, nor did Marvin..
6/26/2021 7:27pm
davistld01 wrote:

KTM Euro bike and KTM American bike are different frames with very different approaches to set up philosophy. Cooper didnt forget how to ride outdoors, nor...
KTM Euro bike and KTM American bike are different frames with very different approaches to set up philosophy. Cooper didnt forget how to ride outdoors, nor did Marvin..
The bike won the title last year! Well the white version of it. So Coop and Marv would be up front on Big Blue?
CPR
6/27/2021 2:26am
Yeti831 wrote:

And that year Reed, with little preparation and not having raced outdoors for a couple of years, was the fastest qualifier at the first round, faster than RV and Alessi, who were the title favourites. Only guy missing was Stew, who himself never won a title until RC retired, so cut the who was missing bullshit. No one ever lucks into a title.
wreckitrandy
6/27/2021 8:16am Edited Date/Time 6/27/2021 8:17am
Yeti831 wrote:

CPR wrote:
And that year Reed, with little preparation and not having raced outdoors for a couple of years, was the fastest qualifier at the first round, faster...
And that year Reed, with little preparation and not having raced outdoors for a couple of years, was the fastest qualifier at the first round, faster than RV and Alessi, who were the title favourites. Only guy missing was Stew, who himself never won a title until RC retired, so cut the who was missing bullshit. No one ever lucks into a title.
Here's what it is. The reason I got involved in this thread was, someone posted that Webb is the new Reed... On paper, I see his point. 2 SX titles and an outdoor title. Of course, Webb's outdoor title is a 250 one. Someone else said, "other than Reed was fast and won a title." I took exception to that statement. Granted, Reed had no control over who retired and who got hurt. He beat everyone else that showed up. What else could he do? But if you can't see that the field was as weak as rain water, then you're an epic fan boy that doesn't want to see it. Now, to address the thread title, "Webb's Performance" Being a fan boy myself, this hurts to admit but, it's pretty weak at this point. I didn't expect him to win straight away. I figured him for top fives though and then, progressing from there. What bothers me most though is the feeling I have that he's just mailing it in. I ain't buying the, "It's the bike" thing. I bet that Roger ain't having any of that either. If I didn't believe he was faster than the results he's putting up, I wouldn't be so disappointed.
Up Wind
6/27/2021 9:13am
CPR wrote:
And that year Reed, with little preparation and not having raced outdoors for a couple of years, was the fastest qualifier at the first round, faster...
Here's what it is. The reason I got involved in this thread was, someone posted that Webb is the new Reed... On paper, I see his...
Here's what it is. The reason I got involved in this thread was, someone posted that Webb is the new Reed... On paper, I see his point. 2 SX titles and an outdoor title. Of course, Webb's outdoor title is a 250 one. Someone else said, "other than Reed was fast and won a title." I took exception to that statement. Granted, Reed had no control over who retired and who got hurt. He beat everyone else that showed up. What else could he do? But if you can't see that the field was as weak as rain water, then you're an epic fan boy that doesn't want to see it. Now, to address the thread title, "Webb's Performance" Being a fan boy myself, this hurts to admit but, it's pretty weak at this point. I didn't expect him to win straight away. I figured him for top fives though and then, progressing from there. What bothers me most though is the feeling I have that he's just mailing it in. I ain't buying the, "It's the bike" thing. I bet that Roger ain't having any of that either. If I didn't believe he was faster than the results he's putting up, I wouldn't be so disappointed.
Its the bike and the person that runs the team. Starts at the top. Rodger should retire and KTM should promote Mr H.
Bromley686
6/27/2021 9:23am
KTM Euro bike and KTM American bike are different frames with very different approaches to set up philosophy. Cooper didnt forget how to ride outdoors, nor...
You’re right, Webb didn’t forgot how to ride outdoors. He’s riding exactly the same way he has all his past 450 outdoor seasons.
6/27/2021 10:34am Edited Date/Time 6/27/2021 10:35am
The bar has been raised and the top ten are brutally fast. I still think Coop will find a way to get more competitive than he...
The bar has been raised and the top ten are brutally fast. I still think Coop will find a way to get more competitive than he is at the moment. It's in his dna.
The bar has not been raised if anything it's slower because Tomac is the bar, and last weekend he proved he is.

Sure some mid pack riders are faster but not at the level of tomac past and present.

I swear people need eye tests because it's clear as day.
6/27/2021 1:27pm
Yeti831 wrote:

This statement is in fact correct. The fast guys were retired or out hurt. You can only race the guys that turn up. Not Chads fault.
6/27/2021 1:30pm
Yeti831 wrote:

CPR wrote:
Fuck, how hard is it understand that the fast guys weren't there? It's not make believe. they WEREN'T there.
SCC
6/27/2021 1:37pm
KTM obviously just cares about SX. Sad.
KTM won again today outdoors at the MXGP. It’s not the bike or the team folks. Cooper Web is not willing to suffer as much as the top guys. Being a millionaire does that to a man.

Post a reply to: Webb’s performance

The Latest