Webb’s performance

6/11/2021 6:40am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Delusional? 40+ seconds back and he felt he had the speed to run up front. [b]Webb:[/b] [Quote]“We’re kind of searching again – we made a lot...
Delusional? 40+ seconds back and he felt he had the speed to run up front.

Webb:

“We’re kind of searching again – we made a lot of bike changes today and I actually felt a lot better in the second moto. I felt like we made the bike a lot better and I was feeling like I finally had some speed and could run up front and then I had a little tip over. That spiked my heartrate and I got all flustered and got passed for ninth but I got back into a good flow and was able to catch Marvin with two to go. It’s a little bit of progress. We have a weekend off, so we’ll try to get the bike a little better, get faster and keep on grinding.”
Forty wrote:
If he was feeling better in the 2nd moto it didn’t show in his results however I do expect him to improve in spite of all...
If he was feeling better in the 2nd moto it didn’t show in his results however I do expect him to improve in spite of all the heat he’s getting for his rides so far.

I’m a fan, I was in CO to do some MTB so i went to the race and keyed on his ride and it was lackluster.

Did you not read where he said he went down second moto? Crashed and still finished same spot
Forty
6/11/2021 6:47am
Yeah. Saw that. I was there. I saw his tip over.

The Shop

wreckitrandy
6/12/2021 9:34am
Cooper Webb is the modern day Chad Reed
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Except the part where Reed was fast outdoors and won a title.
More like all the fast guys retired and the one's that were left mangled their knees. But yeah, the record book doesn't keep track of 'how'. I'm still holding on to hope that Webb turns it around. I didn't think he'd be winning yet but I figured he'd be 5th or so. What we're seeing now absolutely isn't all he's good for.
CPR
6/12/2021 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2021 5:09pm
Cooper Webb is the modern day Chad Reed
SoCalMX70 wrote:
More like all the fast guys retired and the one's that were left mangled their knees. But yeah, the record book doesn't keep track of 'how'...
More like all the fast guys retired and the one's that were left mangled their knees. But yeah, the record book doesn't keep track of 'how'. I'm still holding on to hope that Webb turns it around. I didn't think he'd be winning yet but I figured he'd be 5th or so. What we're seeing now absolutely isn't all he's good for.
Were all the fast guys retired or injured when Reed finished 3rd behind RC and Windham as a rookie in 03, or when he beat everyone except the GOAT in 04, or when he was beating RV and Dunge in 11? Or when winning motos at MXdN?
No guess he was slow outdoors and just got lucky in 09…..🙄
wreckitrandy
6/12/2021 8:03pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2021 8:03pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
More like all the fast guys retired and the one's that were left mangled their knees. But yeah, the record book doesn't keep track of 'how'...
CPR wrote:
Were all the fast guys retired or injured when Reed finished 3rd behind RC and Windham as a rookie in 03, or when he beat everyone...
Were all the fast guys retired or injured when Reed finished 3rd behind RC and Windham as a rookie in 03, or when he beat everyone except the GOAT in 04, or when he was beating RV and Dunge in 11? Or when winning motos at MXdN?
You're probably right. There's no way any of those circumstances had a bearing on the outcome of the series.
mxb2
6/12/2021 9:01pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
CPR wrote:
Were all the fast guys retired or injured when Reed finished 3rd behind RC and Windham as a rookie in 03, or when he beat everyone...
What years did reed win mxon?
wreckitrandy
6/12/2021 9:31pm
CPR wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
He finished 2nd one moto behind RV at Budd's Creek. Technically, he won the moto in his class. Which happened to be RC's class. Ricky came from near last to 3rd in the moto. Technically, 2nd.
mxb2
6/12/2021 9:39pm
CPR wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
He finished 2nd one moto behind RV at Budd's Creek. Technically, he won the moto in his class. Which happened to be RC's class. Ricky came...
He finished 2nd one moto behind RV at Budd's Creek. Technically, he won the moto in his class. Which happened to be RC's class. Ricky came from near last to 3rd in the moto. Technically, 2nd.
Cool,thanks. I was there. I cdnt remember.
jemcee
6/12/2021 10:44pm
CPR wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
He finished 2nd one moto behind RV at Budd's Creek. Technically, he won the moto in his class. Which happened to be RC's class. Ricky came...
I think he won a moto at Ernee one year
CPR
6/13/2021 6:03am
mxb2 wrote:
jemcee wrote:
Yeah won in France 2011, MX1 at Budds 07 behind RV’s screamer, and 2nd to AC222 in 09, but never put two good motos together at MXdN for an overall, apparently because he was shit at outdoors 😂
VanDan
6/13/2021 6:13am Edited Date/Time 6/13/2021 6:16am
mxb2 wrote:
jemcee wrote:
He did. That's the only one.

I think this "technically won" is silly. The best 450 riders are often split up!

That is what makes rides from the 250 riders ergo RV at Budds legendary!

Regardless, Reed was a beast outdoors and anyone suggesting otherwise is bonkers!
wreckitrandy
6/13/2021 9:34am
jemcee wrote:
CPR wrote:
Yeah won in France 2011, MX1 at Budds 07 behind RV’s screamer, and 2nd to AC222 in 09, but never put two good motos together at...
Yeah won in France 2011, MX1 at Budds 07 behind RV’s screamer, and 2nd to AC222 in 09, but never put two good motos together at MXdN for an overall, apparently because he was shit at outdoors 😂
I never said he was shit outdoors. I never said he was lucky. What I said was, RC and James had retired and, RV and Alessi had knee injuries. Those are facts. Now, since Tomac is more or less taking this series off, essentially taking the place of James in context, all Webb needs is for the top two guys in the points to have major problems and he too, could be considered a fast guy....
SoCalMX70
6/13/2021 10:05am
I never said he was shit outdoors. I never said he was lucky. What I said was, RC and James had retired and, RV and Alessi...
I never said he was shit outdoors. I never said he was lucky. What I said was, RC and James had retired and, RV and Alessi had knee injuries. Those are facts. Now, since Tomac is more or less taking this series off, essentially taking the place of James in context, all Webb needs is for the top two guys in the points to have major problems and he too, could be considered a fast guy....
More than 2 people would need to retire/get injured for Webb to contend at this point, that's for sure. Maybe that will change in the later rounds, we shall see. Reed was a podium contender anytime he stepped outside, unlike Webb. Hell, Reed's 5-8 at Iron Man 2018 off the couch because JGR gave him a call is pretty damn impressive too.

Don't expect Webb to start behind Roczen and Ferrandis and have a ride like this anytime soon:

https://youtu.be/zvitQwiFT4k

Notice the 2 guys he beat were THE guys to beat.
zehn
6/13/2021 10:57am
I never said he was shit outdoors. I never said he was lucky. What I said was, RC and James had retired and, RV and Alessi...
Whatever you want to tell yourself dude. Webb has never and probably will never be a contender Outdoors on a 450
6/13/2021 12:26pm
I hope Paul starts lighting the track on fire and shuts some off these threads down.
mx691
Fantasy
1270th
6/14/2021 1:05am
mxb2 wrote:
jemcee wrote:
It was at St d’Angely 2011.

https://youtu.be/YSbVN48gLzs
wreckitrandy
6/14/2021 5:57am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
More than 2 people would need to retire/get injured for Webb to contend at this point, that's for sure. Maybe that will change in the later...
More than 2 people would need to retire/get injured for Webb to contend at this point, that's for sure. Maybe that will change in the later rounds, we shall see. Reed was a podium contender anytime he stepped outside, unlike Webb. Hell, Reed's 5-8 at Iron Man 2018 off the couch because JGR gave him a call is pretty damn impressive too.

Don't expect Webb to start behind Roczen and Ferrandis and have a ride like this anytime soon:

https://youtu.be/zvitQwiFT4k

Notice the 2 guys he beat were THE guys to beat.
Yeah. There are a few more outdoor national champions in the field now compared to when Chad won his title. Obviously, Chad beat everyone that showed up...
TeamGreen
6/14/2021 7:56am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2021 7:57am
MyBobbym wrote:
To be at yer peak mentally for 2 back to back series is a tall fucking order. And Kenny tried his ass off in both series...
To be at yer peak mentally for 2 back to back series is a tall fucking order. And Kenny tried his ass off in both series because he's a winner, the others racing the Nats... not so much.
Oh…man…

Bobby making me LOL as usual. Am I the only one that “gets” his humor? I mean, what kind of Fan-Boys down-vote something that’s classic Bobby & funny as hell? Btw, isn’t there a touch of truth to it?
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
6/19/2021 3:51pm
Well High Point was no better. The first time he had a bad start he finished 12th. This is with a couple guys missing. Is there something going on with him? He was better in 2019. What we are witnessing is unprecedented.
500 Mike
6/19/2021 4:00pm
The dude is mailing it in for MX this season.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/19/2021 4:37pm
Park Boys wrote:
Well High Point was no better. The first time he had a bad start he finished 12th. This is with a couple guys missing. Is there...
Well High Point was no better. The first time he had a bad start he finished 12th. This is with a couple guys missing. Is there something going on with him? He was better in 2019. What we are witnessing is unprecedented.
Nothing wrong with him and he said he feels better.

Wasn't better, at all.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
6/19/2021 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2021 11:07am
He's irrelevant to the racing discussion right now. That second race he finished 1:20 behind Tomac. Stick a fork in him for MX. 65 points back after 3 events and completely non-competitive. and for the record, I'm a Webb fan (I like all the riders except on the days they do stupid shit). Just calling it like it is.
SWOHIO GUY
6/19/2021 5:41pm
Reed won a moto in 2001 at Namur and 2011 at St. Jean! Not sure any other rider has won MXDN motos that far apart! 2009 was minus RV and Stewart but he still did it. As much as I shit on Dungey’s championship, there is something to be said for maximizing opportunity!
Johnny Ringo
6/19/2021 8:44pm
Park Boys wrote:
Well High Point was no better. The first time he had a bad start he finished 12th. This is with a couple guys missing. Is there...
Crashed 3 times in moto 2 he posted. Still a bad day, just adding some context
bd
6/19/2021 11:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2021 11:48pm
Facts are Facts! Webb races the 450 better on slower tighter tracks. He won SpringCreek when it was a mud show. He's getting his ass kicked outdoors (and I really should talk shit to his bitch ass fans), but I am going to let it go. Webb will figure it out and will be closer but he does not have Sexton, Roczen, Ciancirulo, Tomac speed in motocross.

Post a reply to: Webb’s performance

The Latest