mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/31/2018 11:35am
POS thieves!!!

I'll keep a look out for it in my area
Jeff alessi
8/31/2018 11:38am
What area was this in? I had a bike here in so cal stolen and my dudes tracked that bike down to a few punks in Richie canyon.
aeffertz
8/31/2018 11:56am
Check all the factory trucks first. They may have heard the rumors of ARay ramming it up their asses and have put an end to it by nabbing the bike.

All jokes aside, total bummer. Hopefully they find the low life that jacked his bike!
8/31/2018 11:57am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2018 10:51pm
Hate to see that, damn thieves. Unfortunately now some dirtbag has a set of some pretty nice forks instead of an aspiring privateer..

The Shop

Dimblewambie
8/31/2018 11:59am
I believe He’s in the Corona area. It’s a bike from Yamaha right? Do they have regular VINs on em or are they Vin tagless?
8/31/2018 1:39pm
Super shitty. With all of yamahas tech wifi and everything they should build a built in "find my bike" like on iPhones.

There's a reason I don't put motocross stickers on my cargo van
kaptkaos
8/31/2018 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2018 1:54pm
Comeon guys, havent we all learned not to leave bikes in the vans under ANY circumstances????

If you are in a band, dont leave your gear in the van
If you are a Corp slave or student, dont leave your laptop in the car
If you are a photographer dont leave your cameras in the car

Point blank, if you care about your shit, take care of it. No matter how late or how tired you are, it will be much worse in the morning.

Thieves are never tired and never take the night off.
Drtbykr
8/31/2018 2:01pm
I had my bike stolen a long time ago, got it back a few days later.

Heard it going a ways off and went and cut them off Frank Cannon style in my LTD. Couple of kids joyriding.

But I don’t live in a huge city. Go for a little drive MX fans, keep your eyes (and especially ears) open.

Mine was within a mile and a half. Oh man.
mxb2
8/31/2018 2:27pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Comeon guys, havent we all learned not to leave bikes in the vans under ANY circumstances???? If you are in a band, dont leave your gear...
Comeon guys, havent we all learned not to leave bikes in the vans under ANY circumstances????

Point blank, if you care about your shit, take care of it. No matter how late or how tired you are, it will be much worse in the morning.

Boom. , And insure them.
8/31/2018 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2018 2:42pm
I keep my mountain bike and moto in my van periodically and run a thick cable lock through them. I'm not sure why others don't do the same. You may end up with a broken window but no one is going to stick around very long if they encounter a locked bike in the back of a van or trailer.

Edit: I have a Sprinter van and run the cable through one of the OEM D rings mounted to the floor. You can do something similar if you have a wheel chock in your van. Even just running the cable through the bike frame and wheels should be deterrence enough.
8/31/2018 2:59pm
I keep my mountain bike and moto in my van periodically and run a thick cable lock through them. I'm not sure why others don't do...
I keep my mountain bike and moto in my van periodically and run a thick cable lock through them. I'm not sure why others don't do the same. You may end up with a broken window but no one is going to stick around very long if they encounter a locked bike in the back of a van or trailer.

Edit: I have a Sprinter van and run the cable through one of the OEM D rings mounted to the floor. You can do something similar if you have a wheel chock in your van. Even just running the cable through the bike frame and wheels should be deterrence enough.
Never thought of that, going to buy one of those for sure. If I absolutely have too, I’ll leave the bikes in my van and just lock all the doors, and if I can I’ll back up to a tree, wall, car, something to prevent them from getting them out. It’s not bulletproof but it’s better than nothing.

The metal cable is a great idea. I’ll be headed to the hardware store tonight for it!
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
8/31/2018 3:43pm
I keep my mountain bike and moto in my van periodically and run a thick cable lock through them. I'm not sure why others don't do...

that would hardly slow down a thief. Snip
HusqFan3
8/31/2018 4:31pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Comeon guys, havent we all learned not to leave bikes in the vans under ANY circumstances???? If you are in a band, dont leave your gear...

I hear you but while you can take your laptop or camera with you while you run in the store or put them in the trunk, you can’t exactly do that with a bike...
8/31/2018 4:37pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
I hear you but while you can take your laptop or camera with you while you run in the store or put them in the trunk...
I hear you but while you can take your laptop or camera with you while you run in the store or put them in the trunk, you can’t exactly do that with a bike...
Exactly. The whole point of having a van is for the added security when spending the night away from home. Like one poster said, don’t advertise with moto stickers on the van.
hamncheeze
8/31/2018 6:03pm
This seriously sucks. Bike thieves are scum.

However, if the guy who stole rides it he's probably going to wad it up good. It's A-Ray's bike, it's used to the "Just send it" life and it is also pretty good at ejecting its owner.

But seriously, I hope he gets it back. How many bikes that get stolen in So Cal are ever recovered?
8tensolutions
8/31/2018 8:08pm
The "poor me" and keep a look out theft posts confuse me. Anyone who owns a dirt bike or keeps expensive things in a van should have solid homeowners or renters insurance so the contents of the van are covered. The bike has a VIN so it should be insured individually. Keeping an eye out is irrelevant if you get paid for what was stolen. This is why insurance exists. What am I missing here?
Gus
8/31/2018 8:11pm
A Ray has made more money in insurance claims than racing this year
8/31/2018 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2018 8:20pm
imoto34 wrote:
that would hardly slow down a thief. Snip
I’m willing to bet most thieves targeting a moto van aren’t walking around with a large cable cutter or cordless angle grinder, which is what you would need to cut through a thick braided steel cable. Easy in, easy out. Why not make it difficult?

Also, an insurance policy on a dirt bike is super cheap. I have a $500 deductible policy that costs $200/year through State Farm.
tkimb
8/31/2018 8:28pm
Amazes me guys at that level, with that many bikes, that valuable of bikes etc. don't have some of those little GPS trackers in them somewhere when they're parked or in a van, or are they that unreliable?
KDXGarage
8/31/2018 8:37pm
Drtbykr wrote:
I had my bike stolen a long time ago, got it back a few days later. Heard it going a ways off and went and cut...

Heard it going a ways off and went and cut them off Frank Cannon style in my LTD. Couple of kids joyriding.

But I don’t live in a huge city. Go for a little drive MX fans, keep your eyes (and especially ears) open.

"Frank Cannon"

YES!! I love that show!

8tensolutions guy, way to not care about alienating possible customers by talking boldly instead of either A: saying Oh, that's bad or B: not having anything nice to say and not saying anything
8/31/2018 11:32pm
tkimb wrote:
Amazes me guys at that level, with that many bikes, that valuable of bikes etc. don't have some of those little GPS trackers in them somewhere...
Amazes me guys at that level, with that many bikes, that valuable of bikes etc. don't have some of those little GPS trackers in them somewhere when they're parked or in a van, or are they that unreliable?
I looked into it at one point and they're not exactly like you see in the movies, the battery in them only lasts so long and I believe they'll only work in certain areas. They might have improved on them lately I haven't checked but that is a huge market if they figure it out.

Like I said above, for the 9 grand were all paying for new bikes they should all come equipped with a "where's my bike" app
tcallahan707
8/31/2018 11:34pm
Drtbykr wrote:
I had my bike stolen a long time ago, got it back a few days later. Heard it going a ways off and went and cut...

KDXGarage wrote:
"Frank Cannon" YES!! I love that show! 8tensolutions guy, way to not care about alienating possible customers by talking boldly instead of either A: saying Oh...
"Frank Cannon"

YES!! I love that show!

8tensolutions guy, way to not care about alienating possible customers by talking boldly instead of either A: saying Oh, that's bad or B: not having anything nice to say and not saying anything
He isn't responsible for how you feel. You are welcome to not patronize his business, but I'd highly suggest asking yourself why. Is it because he made a good point and you aren't emotionally intelligent enough to see that?
MBR
9/1/2018 1:05am
I have used this 25 dollar disk lock with motion detect alarm. It is pretty nice and loud and only trouble I have had is that some neighbours have came over to check what is going on when I have tried to move the bike without taking the lock off. It is not something thieves maybe notice so easy and it will be surprise when the alarm goes off. They probably run rather than wait the owner to kick their ass.

https://www.amazon.com/Anti-theft-Motorcycle-Waterproof-Security-Motorb…
9/1/2018 1:08am
Yamaha should put a geo location tool in the iOS app so that they can find bikes that are hot.

Also, can you insure a bike that’s not yours with factory forks?
shuggs
9/1/2018 2:21am

Never thought of that, going to buy one of those for sure. If I absolutely have too, I’ll leave the bikes in my van and just...
Never thought of that, going to buy one of those for sure. If I absolutely have too, I’ll leave the bikes in my van and just lock all the doors, and if I can I’ll back up to a tree, wall, car, something to prevent them from getting them out. It’s not bulletproof but it’s better than nothing.

The metal cable is a great idea. I’ll be headed to the hardware store tonight for it!
Cable is only as strong as the padlock securing it sadly
9/1/2018 4:10am
Didn't he have a vehicle stolen last year..I am thinking that he may need to reconcider the security of his belongings.

Post a reply to: STOLEN: Alex Ray’s YZ450F

The Latest