Ryan Hughes Podcast about Life Changing Events

Edited Date/Time 5/25/2020 2:06pm
New podcast up on SPNDX Stampede Stories where Ryno talks about his career post racing and what he has personally gone through in his life which resulted in where he is today with his current views & outlooks. @SPNDXstampede

"I didn't know what it was at the time but I had a DMT experience and that really opened my mind to like holy sh!t there's another side to it and then I just started diving into some reading and meditation."

Search: SPNDX Stampede Stories

Spotify: https://spoti.fi/3dWjP5y

Apple: https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/1063189.rss

|
ts.p311
5/19/2020 4:40pm
I figured he tried some psychedelics after hearing him on pulp. I'll say he did come across as a bit of a generic guru, but I can also relate. Trying mushrooms was extremely eye opening, and very spiritual. It's not something I would ever do on the regular, but (as foolish as this will sound to some) it was like a spiritual cleanse. I went into it as an aethiest, and came out agnostic. It's not for everyone, but if you think it is for you, do some research and maybe dip your toes in.
crowe176
5/19/2020 4:53pm
I love when older people try psychedelics for the first time.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
5/19/2020 5:16pm
I have heard very similar statements from Andy Summers (guitarist for The Police.) He and his friends felt like they had joined a club, whose insiders understood. Those who had never done lsd just didn't understand.
Tim507
5/19/2020 5:58pm
I'm close to 70 now, my late teens and early early twenties were serious out there years. I learned a lot about myself and how far one can push the mental boundaries of life. Luckily I'm a strong personality and survived this extraordinary life experiences.

All of my life experiences have always been extreme and have taught me a lot. Pushing the limit has rewarded me in many ways. Mostly from near death experiences from racing and riding dirt bikes.

These kind of travels certainly are not for everyone as the consequences are permanent and or life changing.

A strong personality like RH is learning a lot about his inner self!!

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/19/2020 6:10pm
ts.p311 wrote:
I figured he tried some psychedelics after hearing him on pulp. I'll say he did come across as a bit of a generic guru, but I...
I figured he tried some psychedelics after hearing him on pulp. I'll say he did come across as a bit of a generic guru, but I can also relate. Trying mushrooms was extremely eye opening, and very spiritual. It's not something I would ever do on the regular, but (as foolish as this will sound to some) it was like a spiritual cleanse. I went into it as an aethiest, and came out agnostic. It's not for everyone, but if you think it is for you, do some research and maybe dip your toes in.
mushrooms and lsd are wonderful substances if you know how to use them.
Sierra Ranger
5/19/2020 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2020 6:34pm
I have a cousin who recently lost his daughter, and he was suicidal. He is doing some supervised MDMA medical treatment that he said really helped him. The key with this type of thing is don't take it in the wrong environment with the wrong people. That will alienate you, more than help you.
user760a
5/19/2020 6:36pm
This is an interesting and unexpected topic on a motocross board
creature654
Fantasy
79th
5/19/2020 6:45pm
A few years ago on Unadilla amateur day, I woke up and ate about 4 grams of dried magic mushrooms just before practice. About an hour later was the first moto of 250A and goin to the line I was feelin pretty wavy, just found myself smiling and laughing and generally not taking the fact that I was lining up for one of the biggest races of my season tripping balls seriously at all. I got a horrrrible start out of a decently stacked 20-30 rider field...But I just found myself having so much fun with the moment, enjoying the shit out of my 04 RM250, completely focused on flowing the deep dilla ruts. I swear that was one of my best races ever, came all the way back to 5th. Now I’m not recommending this to anyone, probably very dangerous for most folks, but that day was one of the best of my entire lifeSmile
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/19/2020 6:50pm
A few years ago on Unadilla amateur day, I woke up and ate about 4 grams of dried magic mushrooms just before practice. About an hour...
A few years ago on Unadilla amateur day, I woke up and ate about 4 grams of dried magic mushrooms just before practice. About an hour later was the first moto of 250A and goin to the line I was feelin pretty wavy, just found myself smiling and laughing and generally not taking the fact that I was lining up for one of the biggest races of my season tripping balls seriously at all. I got a horrrrible start out of a decently stacked 20-30 rider field...But I just found myself having so much fun with the moment, enjoying the shit out of my 04 RM250, completely focused on flowing the deep dilla ruts. I swear that was one of my best races ever, came all the way back to 5th. Now I’m not recommending this to anyone, probably very dangerous for most folks, but that day was one of the best of my entire lifeSmile
woah 4g is alot to eat and ride. i could see microdosing a bit. i would not be able to ride safely eating that much. sure it was fun though.
rohleder644
5/19/2020 7:03pm
ha, I must not have anything deep locked up inside me. I’ve never had these spiritual trips. I watch trippy light shows and melt lol
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/19/2020 7:05pm
ha, I must not have anything deep locked up inside me. I’ve never had these spiritual trips. I watch trippy light shows and melt lol
depends where/how. best place in my opinion is the desert with limited other distractions.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/19/2020 10:29pm
This confirms my suspicions - this whole place is on dope 😂
shuggs
5/19/2020 11:03pm
When I was in high school we ‘had a place’ to go picking ‘mushies’ we 1/2 filled carrier bags. It’s is now a car park for school now, very sad
Sierra Ranger
5/19/2020 11:09pm
A few years ago on Unadilla amateur day, I woke up and ate about 4 grams of dried magic mushrooms just before practice. About an hour...
Definitely the best post in this thread so far.
kkawboy14
5/20/2020 12:04am
So products that force you to see things that are not real, can make you see reality?

Riiiight!
AK74
5/20/2020 12:07am
KennyT wrote:
This confirms my suspicions - this whole place is on dope 😂
NvHermit
Fantasy
4303rd
5/20/2020 5:59am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2020 6:09am
Have I ever told you guys how prepared I am for any situation ?

I have a jar of shrooms in the fridge right next to the jars of moonshine. I don't drink but people always want to trade stuff for my pot and I rarely say no. I did a microdose last year to check it out since it had been 40 years and I really enjoyed it. I plan on doing it again this summer
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/20/2020 6:52am
kkawboy14 wrote:
So products that force you to see things that are not real, can make you see reality?

Riiiight!
you are so uninformed its unreal. you don't see things that aren't there, there's no cartoons floating across the sky. it connects your brain in ways you don't experience in everyday life.

someone please dose kawboy
teamddr
5/20/2020 7:09am
Jeez Ryno WTf

LSD isn’t hippy, it’s CIA and project MKultra
That stuff was invented by the man to keep Americans with an aversion to all things government sedated.

Are people that unhappy with their natural state of mind they have to induce that crap

I’m a Ryno fan but he’s barking up the wrong tree with this
Motoxdoc
5/20/2020 7:50am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2020 7:55am
I find it interesting seeing people write “I like Ryan but”, or “I am a fan of Ryans but”...and then go on to say something disparaging. It’s like saying God bless somebody right before you insult the fuck out them...or like Ryan saying something like, I am a fan of teamddr’s, but I can’t believe he married that chick...Oh my God, he even had kids with her.” Some people live perfectly happy lives while others can’t understand them. Referring to Ryan, what does “barking up the wrong tree” even mean?...He’s living his life wrong according to you? That’s something a father says about somebody chasing his daughter.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/20/2020 7:51am
teamddr wrote:
Jeez Ryno WTf LSD isn’t hippy, it’s CIA and project MKultra That stuff was invented by the man to keep Americans with an aversion to all...
Jeez Ryno WTf

That stuff was invented by the man to keep Americans with an aversion to all things government sedated.

Are people that unhappy with their natural state of mind they have to induce that crap

If anything it will make you more averse to the government.
teamddr
5/20/2020 8:09am
Motoxdoc wrote:
I find it interesting seeing people write “I like Ryan but”, or “I am a fan of Ryans but”...and then go on to say something disparaging...
I find it interesting seeing people write “I like Ryan but”, or “I am a fan of Ryans but”...and then go on to say something disparaging. It’s like saying God bless somebody right before you insult the fuck out them...or like Ryan saying something like, I am a fan of teamddr’s, but I can’t believe he married that chick...Oh my God, he even had kids with her.” Some people live perfectly happy lives while others can’t understand them. Referring to Ryan, what does “barking up the wrong tree” even mean?...He’s living his life wrong according to you? That’s something a father says about somebody chasing his daughter.
I have no idea what you trying to say maybe I better read it again after some LSD
5/20/2020 9:46am
He’s got people to lining up to take his moto schools I see him at the local tracks training riders constantly. I don’t know how much he is hurting financially.

It’s also clear a lot of people here have never had drug induced epiphanies. No point in trying to explain something to people who won’t get it. Honestly moto is a christian blue collar bubble so it’s not surprising. It’s also not surprising to see people of any age find out they have been missing out on something they really enjoy and make changes to include it in their life.
RandyS
5/20/2020 10:05am
I'm not all the way through it but I foresee a headline some day that starts with "Cult leader Ryan Hughes".
Motoxdoc
5/20/2020 10:47am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2020 10:48am
Motoxdoc wrote:
I find it interesting seeing people write “I like Ryan but”, or “I am a fan of Ryans but”...and then go on to say something disparaging...
teamddr wrote:
I have no idea what you trying to say maybe I better read it again after some LSD
Huh Why am I not surprised. “I Have no idea what you trying to say” Grinning Got irony?
If you have a hard time comprehending BEFORE you take LSD...I don’t see how it would be any better afterwards.
Motoxdoc
5/20/2020 11:01am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2020 11:05am
I agree with everything you said in this post. However your previous post assumed that he isn’t “financially established” and that he doesn’t have “it together.” That, IMO, sounds like disparaging comments.
Sierra Ranger
5/20/2020 11:02am
teamddr wrote:
Jeez Ryno WTf LSD isn’t hippy, it’s CIA and project MKultra That stuff was invented by the man to keep Americans with an aversion to all...
Jeez Ryno WTf

It's true that the CIA manufactured and distributed most of the LSD back in the 60s (even though the same government was locking people up for possessing it). They also dosed hundreds of people without telling them- MK Ultra was out of control. The CIA should have been disbanded when MK Ultra came to light, but instead they put George Bush in charge of it to "clean it up." (foxes guarding the henhouse). One main objective of MK Ultra was to create mind-controlled assassins- that is documented fact, not some crazy conspiracy theory.
However, DMT is not LSD.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/20/2020 11:22am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2020 11:24am
He’s got people to lining up to take his moto schools I see him at the local tracks training riders constantly. I don’t know how much...
He’s got people to lining up to take his moto schools I see him at the local tracks training riders constantly. I don’t know how much he is hurting financially.

It’s also clear a lot of people here have never had drug induced epiphanies. No point in trying to explain something to people who won’t get it. Honestly moto is a christian blue collar bubble so it’s not surprising. It’s also not surprising to see people of any age find out they have been missing out on something they really enjoy and make changes to include it in their life.
“Christian blue collar bubble” ?????

Not so much here n So Cal
Sierra Ranger
5/20/2020 12:44pm
This is hogwash. Ryno is co-founder of a company that looks to be pretty successful. He's in demand globally for his motocross schools and training a world-class athlete. He's not some loser. Divorce will strip you of most of your wealth and assets, so you really have no choice but to "start over." People are so judgemental.
You think he should still be living off money he made racing back in the 90s/early 2000s? Most people aren't still living off money they earned decades ago, not matter what decisions they made.

Post a reply to: Ryan Hughes Podcast about Life Changing Events

The Latest