Reno Endurocross, Round 2 Bench Racing Thread

Related:
Create New Tag

9/22/2017 8:34 PM

Just wanted to get a thread going for the new race tomorrow, and give some updated track pics. Went to the track tonight to check in and see the course, it's definitely going to be fast with some Moto inspired sections, which I'm excited for. Matrix appears to be pretty tame but that's easy to say looking down from the stands, we'll see how practice goes. I'm a little nervous for the finish line jump, this thing is big and steep!shocked

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo
Photo

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



9/22/2017 8:43 PM

Sounds good Josh! Won't be able to get up there until about 7:30. Good luck, go get 'em!

|

9/22/2017 9:03 PM

Thanks for the photos and getting the thread kicked off. Good luck, be sure and get someone to take a photo of you so we can see the bike and gear and be sure to yell at our computer screens for you. That finish line jump is big and blind, I'm sure there will be many rolling it, that is a little sketchy. The matrix looks way too hard for mere mortals but overall it looks kind of Supercrossy. I don't see the water pit like the track map showed? Was there a practice, or is that the Destry Abbot training class in the photos? Any Alta sightings?

Any other Vitards gonna be there for race reporting? Pumped for the show, the west coast time late start agrees with my work schedule, I may catch Denver live.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

9/22/2017 9:09 PM

Looks gnarly. We are going to our first endurocross race at Everett this year, I am more excited for this than I am for Supercross.

|

Go Hawks!

9/22/2017 10:33 PM

Ted722 wrote:

Sounds good Josh! Won't be able to get up there until about 7:30. Good luck, go get 'em!

Awesome, stop by the pits after the race, I'll be in my van.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



9/22/2017 10:37 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Thanks for the photos and getting the thread kicked off. Good luck, be sure and get someone to take a photo of you so we can see the bike and gear and be sure to yell at our computer screens for you. That finish line jump is big and blind, I'm sure there will be many rolling it, that is a little sketchy. The matrix looks way too hard for mere mortals but overall it looks kind of Supercrossy. I don't see the water pit like the track map showed? Was there a practice, or is that the Destry Abbot training class in the photos? Any Alta sightings?

Any other Vitards gonna be there for race reporting? Pumped for the show, the west coast time late start agrees with my work schedule, I may catch Denver live.

I'll update about how my day goes tomorrow, really hoping to make the amateur A main, but I'll at least be in trialcross for certain. I'll take a picture of the setup tomorrow. Interesting that, like you said, no water pit for this track, but it honestly doesn't do anything but make a mess and cost a bunch of money, so I'm not too heart broken. Tonight when I was taking pictures the DA8 training class was going on, Destry is an absolute warrior and it's so awesome to see him still at it after all he's been through and still going through, just amazing.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



9/22/2017 11:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/22/2017 11:45 PM

Hell yeah man. I wish there was some endurocross events closer to PA. I would love to give it a try. Good luck tomorrow and stay safe!

|

9/23/2017 1:04 PM

Well, here's an update of how my morning went. Everything started off great in the untimed qualifier, had no issues and was fast all session, plus I sent the finish line jump twice cleanly. In the timed practice I cruised my first lap and got a nice gap in front and behind me, then went for the finish double to start my fast lap. I cleared it perfectly, was setting up for the corner in the air and everything, but when I landed my chain guide ripped off, split my sprocket in half, and shattered my rear hub. I'm super bummed, I felt great all morning and to have that happen just blows, I don't know what the hell caused it or why it happened but it is what it is. Luckily no injuries, just a much lighter wallet soon. Still have the trials class tonight luckily, so now my focus is on that now.


Here's a few pictures of the carnage and the trials bike I'll be riding tonight. I'll have red gear on with a black chest protector, and white 6D helmet. I think we might be getting lumped in with the amateur B main, but I'm not sure.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



9/23/2017 1:08 PM

Dang that's a bummer, good luck in the trials class though!!

There's a livestream for the race tonight isn't there?

|

9/23/2017 1:36 PM

Sprocket bolts! (j/k)

And that's a chunk of airtime for an Endurocross track.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno


Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com


9/23/2017 2:03 PM

JM485 wrote:

Well, here's an update of how my morning went. Everything started off great in the untimed qualifier, had no issues and was fast all session, plus I sent the finish line jump twice cleanly. In the timed practice I cruised my first lap and got a nice gap in front and behind me, then went for the finish double to start my fast lap. I cleared it perfectly, was setting up for the corner in the air and everything, but when I landed my chain guide ripped off, split my sprocket in half, and shattered my rear hub. I'm super bummed, I felt great all morning and to have that happen just blows, I don't know what the hell caused it or why it happened but it is what it is. Luckily no injuries, just a much lighter wallet soon. Still have the trials class tonight luckily, so now my focus is on that now.


Here's a few pictures of the carnage and the trials bike I'll be riding tonight. I'll have red gear on with a black chest protector, and white 6D helmet. I think we might be getting lumped in with the amateur B main, but I'm not sure.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Dam dude you were airing it out! The rocks probably got your chain guide before the jump finished it off. Maybe you can bum a wheel off someone? The DA8 Purvines team are some good guys, Colin Woolsey is the mechanic, maybe one of theirs would work to save the night?

Good luck either way and thanks for the race report. Keep it coming!

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

9/23/2017 2:32 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Dam dude you were airing it out! The rocks probably got your chain guide before the jump finished it off. Maybe you can bum a wheel off someone? The DA8 Purvines team are some good guys, Colin Woolsey is the mechanic, maybe one of theirs would work to save the night?

Good luck either way and thanks for the race report. Keep it coming!

I would but my swing arm is trashed to, it's going to be an expensive repair that's for sure.

Here's a couple pics of the track from track walk:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



9/23/2017 2:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2017 2:53 PM

Shite, now I see the guard pulled the alloy loose from the swingarm, that is some bad mojo there, sorry for that. I don't think it's gonna buff out, but maybe you can find a parted out bike?

Good luck on the Gas Gas, the trials bikes are always crowd favorites and stand out a bunch. I don't guess you'll be airing it out like the Yamaha..

Any Alta sighting?

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

9/23/2017 4:28 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Shite, now I see the guard pulled the alloy loose from the swingarm, that is some bad mojo there, sorry for that. I don't think it's gonna buff out, but maybe you can find a parted out bike?

Good luck on the Gas Gas, the trials bikes are always crowd favorites and stand out a bunch. I don't guess you'll be airing it out like the Yamaha..

Any Alta sighting?

Alta has a bike on display, but I don't think anyone is racing for them tonight. I would have gladly given it a shot for them though. . .whistling

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



9/23/2017 5:21 PM

Are there eliminations going on now before the stream kicks in? Practice?

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

9/23/2017 5:25 PM

Looks like they're doing a live stream again too.....

http://www.endurocross.com/

|

9/23/2017 7:04 PM

Hot laps went.
1, Webb
2, Hakker
3, Redmond
4, Tremain
5, T. Hart

|

9/23/2017 7:30 PM

JM485 wrote:

I would but my swing arm is trashed to, it's going to be an expensive repair that's for sure.

Here's a couple pics of the track from track walk:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Sorry for the misfortune, but it's great you still have the trials class! By the way, if you're investing in another swingarm and rear end already, a YZ-F swap may be a good option: https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1066440-swing-arm-swop/


Thanks for the track updates and enjoy the night show!

|

9/23/2017 7:43 PM

I'm watching the live stream right now.

">https://m.
|

Instagram: @motoxeno


Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com


9/23/2017 7:49 PM

that girl was better than a lot of "stars" that do the anthem

|

9/23/2017 7:50 PM

Yeah tracks are looking more like a hybrid sx-ex track this year

|

9/23/2017 7:54 PM

Anyone else having stream issues? Says livestream is offline but was supposed to start at 7:45?

|

9/23/2017 7:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2017 7:58 PM

Great Job Ty Cullins on the Beta getting the lead back from Geoff Aaron on the Gas Gas by riding aggressive!

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

9/23/2017 7:58 PM

Xeno wrote:

I'm watching the live stream right now.

">https://m.

THis works, didn't see it before. Thanks!

|

9/23/2017 7:59 PM

anybody kno the current pts standings for the pro class

|

go dungey & roczen

#ChewBroca
so jerking off will help arm pump issues........ sweet lol

9/23/2017 8:07 PM

mx617 wrote:

THis works, didn't see it before. Thanks!

I'm actually casting in the race on a 50 inch Vizio.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno


Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com


9/23/2017 8:09 PM

Destry Abbot takes the Vet win on the Ron Purvines DA8 Yamaha in cancer recovery mode! Dan Hayakwa 2nd and David Stirn 3rd

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

9/23/2017 8:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2017 8:11 PM

Amateur open, I think Vital's Josh JM485 that started the thread is in this next one on the trials bike Gas Gas?

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

9/23/2017 8:16 PM

Xeno wrote:

I'm watching the live stream right now.

">https://m.

Love it, thank you!

|

Johnny Depp

Posts: 4923

Joined: 10/16/2014

Location: Buda, TX USA

9/23/2017 8:22 PM

That tracks looks way brutal for the amateurs. That wagon wheel turn is sadistic.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart