Rene Hofer RIP

biglad
Posts
123
Joined
6/6/2021
Location
Temecula bro, CA, USA
Edited Date/Time 12/22/2021 1:06am
The KTM GP rider Passed away after getting caught in an avalanche skiing with friends today. Very sad. RIP.
11
|
Mossy940
Posts
335
Joined
10/20/2020
Location
La Quinta, CA, USA
12/4/2021 2:35pm
Day in day out working in a high risk environment, and a freak ski accident is what calls him home……

Enjoy every day, because no one knows just how many their going to get.

RIP Rene, prayers to you and your loved ones.
67
DA498
Posts
1647
Joined
10/11/2008
Location
Milliken, CO, USA
12/4/2021 2:48pm
Oh man, very sad. RIP and condolences to all his friends family.
1
luke11
Posts
693
Joined
6/4/2018
Location
Worcestershire, GB
12/4/2021 2:50pm
Fuck, that’s tragic. I can’t even begin… that’s crazy.
1

The Shop

12/4/2021 2:51pm
Rene was 19 years old. Rest in peace and I hope his friends and family are doing okay right now. This is so sad.
9
12/4/2021 2:54pm
Rene was 19 years old. Rest in peace and I hope his friends and family are doing okay right now. This is so sad.
Well 2 of his friends also got killed unfortunately
2
bowl
Posts
1042
Joined
12/31/2012
Location
AU
12/4/2021 2:58pm
Very sad , the kid ripped...
a22
Posts
874
Joined
7/21/2011
Location
London, GB
Fantasy
12/4/2021 3:07pm
Dreadful- so young and getting so good on that KTM- aah its just too sad.

As said- who knows what can happen each day to day or minute to minute even .... 'live every moment like its your last', to coin a phrase but not sure that's so easy; as otherwise we would be possibly expecting a possible disaster all the time .... and in everything we do!

Such sad news and an outstanding young rider for sure. RIP
1
rsd47
Posts
676
Joined
6/3/2019
Location
GB
12/4/2021 3:14pm
Heartbreaking
robkinuk
Posts
4287
Joined
5/16/2007
Location
Ashbourne, GB
12/4/2021 3:25pm
Such a terrible tragedy. Condolences to his family, friends and team and also his two friends who were also taken, all far too young.
3
themrtoad
Posts
1261
Joined
5/29/2009
Location
SE
12/4/2021 3:33pm
That is horrible news. RIP Rene and friends
jemcee
Posts
12863
Joined
8/11/2008
Location
AU
12/4/2021 3:53pm
Oh man that's horrible!
It's a strange world sometimes.. Would love to know how it all works one day
3
689
Posts
842
Joined
12/10/2010
Location
AU
12/4/2021 3:56pm
Just saw this on Facebook. Had to read it twice, thought it was a joke at first.

RIP.
1
1
12/4/2021 3:59pm
Absolutely devastating. Can’t believe it. RIP Rene.
EnvyXx
Posts
754
Joined
9/8/2017
Location
Sulphur, LA, USA
12/4/2021 4:01pm
I can't believe it man. I just looked at Instagram and it was the first thing that popped up. Absolutely devastating. i feel so sorry for his family. RIP Rene.
hubbardmx50
Posts
2836
Joined
11/17/2016
Location
Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
12/4/2021 4:01pm
Man that is unbelievable. It was a pleasure to watch him progress this season and get his first win. He seemed to always be smiling and was really into his family. Horrible horrible news. He still has a story posted on his IG…. Looks like his sister was there skiing too. Omg :/
4
jemcee
Posts
12863
Joined
8/11/2008
Location
AU
12/4/2021 4:05pm
I was just going through my saved pics to get some of him and this one about jumped out of the screen

109
Derpin' DJ
Posts
6420
Joined
5/27/2011
Location
Newcastle, AU
12/4/2021 4:10pm
What the fuck. That is fucking horrific Sad RIP to Rene, his friends and anyone else who was caught up in it.
2
2
12/4/2021 4:16pm
Absolutely shocking... Far too young, he had his whole life ahead of him.
Johnny Ringo
Posts
8219
Joined
1/11/2016
Location
Tombstone, AZ, USA
12/4/2021 4:38pm
Dang it, far too young. RIP Rene.
agn5008
Posts
2080
Joined
3/8/2021
Location
PA, PA, USA
Fantasy
12/4/2021 5:06pm
Wow. Unbelievable. RIP.
Sully
Posts
9586
Joined
8/24/2006
Location
JP
12/4/2021 5:32pm
Ride in Peace, Rene. He was a year younger than my oldest son. I can't imagine what his parents are going through.
1
MxKing809
Posts
6374
Joined
10/13/2013
Location
Big Sand Whoops, MI, USA
Fantasy
12/4/2021 5:44pm
Devastating. Hard to comprehend. Ride is peace Rene
MagMx08
Posts
162
Joined
11/20/2014
Location
IE
12/4/2021 5:59pm
This can’t be true! I can’t believe I’m reading this. God bless Rene, prayers and thought go out to his family and friends. I’m shook. RIP Rene
Press516
Posts
5969
Joined
9/11/2018
Location
Gilbert, AZ, USA
Fantasy
12/4/2021 6:06pm
Absolute tragedy... RIP young man. Prayers to all...
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
12/4/2021 6:52pm
Oh my god this is fucking terrible! Following all the GP stuff religiously over quite a few years , I watched him come up from mini's. Such an awesome talent that was just coming into his own in MX2. My thoughts and prayers go out to all his family and friends. So gutted right now I don't even know what else to say. Rest in peace young man.
1
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
12/4/2021 6:54pm
jemcee wrote:
Oh man that's horrible!
It's a strange world sometimes.. Would love to know how it all works one day
This same thought runs through my head all the time Jem. I don't think I'll ever know the answer.
2

Post a reply to: Rene Hofer RIP

The Latest