Place your bets on TP199....

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2018 8:42 PM

I got 5.00 that says TP199 has replica of “The Leap” built somewhere and he’s learning how to backflip it!!

All the hype about Lorraco’s leap will fly right out the window when Travis pulls a backflip Nac Nac over “The Leap!” At this point, anyone not jumping “The Leap” will have their autographs thrown back at them. tongue

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

8/13/2018 8:43 PM

Team as constructed won't qualify for the motos that matter.

|

8/13/2018 8:52 PM

TXDirt wrote:

I have a suspicion that was the point of who they chose. Its for charity (which is great) and it feeds the atmosphere of the event/venue but won't be relevant or impactful on the big stage when the motos count.

|

8/13/2018 10:03 PM

They will make the A main

|

shit'll buff out

8/13/2018 10:22 PM

I bet you're blind and can't see what this is from a mile away. Stop making dumb ass threads about this thanks!

|

8/14/2018 12:36 AM

TXDirt wrote:

Would make for an interesting B Final though...

|

8/14/2018 12:43 AM

My bet is that Team PR will have the biggest fanbase strictly because of him and a little bit because of Ronnie Mac. TP has more fans combined than everyone else racing the des nations combined. Fact

|

8/14/2018 1:39 AM

How about the rules, I believe Malcolm wasn't alowed to race a two stroke, how are those rules at the MXoN? Are they even alowed to race bikes older than 3 years?

|

8/14/2018 2:30 AM

I think that they'll make it to the A motos...Travis is the weak link, his body is toast and he hasn't raced in years..but half the nation's that enter would not be able to field riders better than these guys.

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

8/14/2018 3:14 AM

Allot of country's from Europe are not coming so A final is possible

|

8/14/2018 4:09 AM

I can see them in the A main.

|

8/14/2018 4:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 4:13 AM

My guess is that Travis only has about two laps in him before he will throw out the anchor. His body probably isn't capable of training anymore. That doesn't matter though, because the whole point is to raise money for PR, and I'm sure they are going to be very successful at that.

|

8/14/2018 4:28 AM

Best two results count in qualifying, so if Albertson and Sipes don't have something strange, they'll qualify for the A for sure and doesn't matter what Travis will do.

|

8/14/2018 5:14 AM

Tpstill ripped at windhams

|

8/14/2018 5:19 AM

Eddieg15 wrote:

Tpstill ripped at windhams

Exactly. TP hauled the mail at Windhams qualifier. Would not be surprised at all if he makes A moto.

|

8/14/2018 5:22 AM

I have a feeling either way it goes , everyone is going to be very surprised as to what will happen. Go team PR , everyone get your panties out of a bunch . Ronnie mac wont be in his normal attire , nor will he be representing himself the way he normally does the FIM wont allow it . I cant believe how gullible some of you are to think that these guys would go to the most prestigious race of the year and make a mockery of it . Yeah its a fundraiser , but the FIM rules still apply .

And on second thought , yes TP199 is very roached , but dont knock the guy. His riding skills are top notch , and you would be surprised what the guy might be able to do . All in all he has beaten some of the best to ever throw a leg over on occasion , but not consistently . Sit back and enjoy ...

|

2018 crf 250r

8/14/2018 5:32 AM

He will flip his way into the hearts and minds of every fan there and Team Puerto Rico will actually sell tickets to that event! maybe will account for half the tickets sold.

|

8/14/2018 5:43 AM

I think Travis will be the weakest link. But if only two results matter in qualifyers then they very well may make the A main. It'll certainly be interesting.

Travis has a huge fan base. He will being a lot of attention to this race just by throwing up some info on his Facebook and Nitro Circus' Facebook. They'll sell a lot of merchandise and a lot of Travis' fans will donate money toward Peurto Rico.

|

8/14/2018 5:45 AM

They will make the A main for sure. Sipes and Jimmy are still fast. If Pastranas knees don't give out than they have a great chance.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

8/14/2018 5:45 AM

agn5009 wrote:

I think Travis will be the weakest link. But if only two results matter in qualifyers then they very well may make the A main. It'll certainly be interesting.

Travis has a huge fan base. He will being a lot of attention to this race just by throwing up some info on his Facebook and Nitro Circus' Facebook. They'll sell a lot of merchandise and a lot of Travis' fans will donate money toward Peurto Rico.

He is training like a mad man right now and he is already in pretty good shape!

|

8/14/2018 5:53 AM

This is a great thing in my eyes. We just bought tickets and camping yesterday simply because of the news that Pastrana is racing it. Childhood hero back on the track at the most prestigious event on US soil. Recipe for a grand adventure!!

Anyone think that $100k raised for charity is out of the question? more or less?

|

8/14/2018 6:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 6:06 AM

agn5009 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

I have no doubt he's in great shape and will be as prepared as possible. It's just been a really long time since he's last raced. This is the MXdN we're talking about here. Not a local race against vet A riders.

|

8/14/2018 6:22 AM

Is Pastrana going to ride a 500?

|

8/14/2018 6:24 AM

tprice07 wrote:

Is Pastrana going to ride a 500?

No. RM 250.

|

8/14/2018 6:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 6:40 AM

agn5009 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

I have no doubt he's in great shape and will be as prepared as possible. It's just been a really long time since he's last raced. This is the MXdN we're talking about here. Not a local race against vet A riders.

Oh yeah I get it but I do think he doesn’t want to embarrass himself to bad! My guess is he knows where he’s at based on the guys he’s practicing with. My guess is they would be aiming for anything above last place!

|

8/14/2018 6:59 AM

Nobody should ever underestimate TP.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

8/14/2018 7:03 AM

I don't think any of them will do anything worth noticing in the motos, if they even qualify. Sipes is going to have a tough time getting a good start on a 125 in the qualifying race, Pastrana is most likely out of shape and can't ride harder than a few laps, even back in 06 when he was trying to race he was getting tired, and "Ronnie Mac" is Albertson who wouldn't do that well even in full prep tryhard mode.

|

8/14/2018 7:23 AM

JM485 wrote:

Nobody should ever underestimate TP.

I love Travis. He's done so much for the sport of dirt bikes. He's made some great choices and is highly successful. But anyone who thinks he's gonna go there and do well is insane. Will he be faster than the average person like me and you? Absolutely. Will he finish inside the top 20? I highly doubt it. I hope I'm wrong and he proves me wrong. I seriously hope he goes out there and kicks ass and pulls off a top 10. But I just don't see it happening.

|

8/14/2018 7:38 AM

Unless he has been swimming in a pool, I just dont see how TP's knees will let him train to get his cardio up to anywhere near what is needed. Like someone wrote above, he will ride with wild abandon for a few laps and run outta gas. Which is completely understandable, not criticizing him at all, but you just cant ride fast for long if you dont put in the work.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

8/14/2018 7:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 7:43 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

I don't think any of them will do anything worth noticing in the motos, if they even qualify. Sipes is going to have a tough time getting a good start on a 125 in the qualifying race, Pastrana is most likely out of shape and can't ride harder than a few laps, even back in 06 when he was trying to race he was getting tired, and "Ronnie Mac" is Albertson who wouldn't do that well even in full prep tryhard mode.

SIPES went 25-21st at muddy creek, he fell in the 2nd moto running top 15. I think a 15th could be a realistic goal for sipes at redbud.

|