Josh hill does it

akillerwombat
6/11/2018 8:03am
Kinda lame to get invited to see what's going on behind the other guys curtain then rush out and do a knock off before he can get to market.
JeepnMike
6/11/2018 9:03am
tek14 wrote:
So Axell copied MTB trick with moto and doest it for some fake moto video competition. Hill gets info how to do it and doest it...
So Axell copied MTB trick with moto and doest it for some fake moto video competition. Hill gets info how to do it and doest it with Deegans help and post it on IG. Axells camp doesnt like it and keeps fmx on talks for 2 days and then it goes back to cool thing from year 1990.

Off weekends from AMA racing are hard for many. Luckily we have MXGP.
Your last sentence is the summary of discussion I had with my wife recapping my reads on Vital and TV activities. haha.
EEE299
6/11/2018 9:23am
Remember that last guy who landed that one trick?

Yeah, me neither.

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2263rd
6/11/2018 9:27am
EEE299 wrote:
Remember that last guy who landed that one trick?

Yeah, me neither.
You mean when Marx landed a backflip in a weekend? That was awesome!
Stuntman949
6/11/2018 9:33am
731chopper wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/11/267483/s1200_fullsizeoutput_1c5d.jpg[/img]

This is what I came for
spd721
6/11/2018 10:07am
This thread and their posts really confirm what I've always thought about Hill, and now Ericsson, are massive douche bags.
6/11/2018 10:49am
Knate wrote:
[img]https://s33.postimg.cc/um0r6pjtr/Capture_2018-06-10-13-48-11.png[/img]
Nobody cares. These guys are so insignificant. Let me know when someone lines up at the gate.
JM485
6/11/2018 1:01pm
BS12 wrote:
Regardless of everyone's opinions on each party involved or the history there, does anyone else not think its a bit of a cheap, douchey move on...
Regardless of everyone's opinions on each party involved or the history there, does anyone else not think its a bit of a cheap, douchey move on Hill/Buttery/Deegan's behalf to pull this one out from under Axell's feet so to speak? Especially now that Dangerboy has posted half the video clip.

I don't know if there's more to the story than what we're seeing, but if Axell had this dialed back in May and kept it somewhat secret, but is obviously holding out on it until releasing the video for X Games, then I'm not a fan of the "stunt" these guys have pulled (pardon the pun).

There's a difference between encouraging your peers to achieve something new, and stealing their thunder out of spite, which this appears to be.
I’m completely with you on that, and I think most guys here are but they can’t get past the juvenile game of one upping each other with douchie comments. If I was working on a trick like that and had someone steal it out from under me I’d be pissed as hell, if that’s really all there is to it that’s pretty lame.
FlaNard
6/11/2018 2:05pm
I'm old enough to remember when Kris Rourke got super pissed at Nate Adams for busting out the "rock solid" the same weekend Kris was going to debut it (or something to that effect.) I think he learned it in practice and was actually better at them immediately than Kris. That is about the only time I remember someone getting pissed over a trick. As someone already mentioned Deegan and Pastrana had a longtime rivalry with each other and busted out the "360" at the X Games on the same night but were obviously pumped for each other. I guess I'm getting old but I thought it was great that those guys would always try to push each other but clearly had a lot of respect for one another. Some kids like drama though I suppose so I'm sure they eat a non-story like this up. I'll just say respect to both Josh and Axell for doing the trick and I'll also add that as some people have already mentioned this trick has already been done before either guy attempted it. So they're really fighting over a bronze at best here.
6/11/2018 3:05pm
It's a competition. No one owns a trick. That is about the only redeeming thing about FMX. Doesn't matter who came up with it. Only thing that matters is who can do it best.
MR. X
6/11/2018 3:10pm
Pastrana just posted a video of someone doing it at his house too on IG.
MR. X
6/11/2018 3:12pm
FlaNard wrote:
I'm old enough to remember when Kris Rourke got super pissed at Nate Adams for busting out the "rock solid" the same weekend Kris was going...
I'm old enough to remember when Kris Rourke got super pissed at Nate Adams for busting out the "rock solid" the same weekend Kris was going to debut it (or something to that effect.) I think he learned it in practice and was actually better at them immediately than Kris. That is about the only time I remember someone getting pissed over a trick. As someone already mentioned Deegan and Pastrana had a longtime rivalry with each other and busted out the "360" at the X Games on the same night but were obviously pumped for each other. I guess I'm getting old but I thought it was great that those guys would always try to push each other but clearly had a lot of respect for one another. Some kids like drama though I suppose so I'm sure they eat a non-story like this up. I'll just say respect to both Josh and Axell for doing the trick and I'll also add that as some people have already mentioned this trick has already been done before either guy attempted it. So they're really fighting over a bronze at best here.
Wonder what ever happened to Kris Rourke , All the dudes i remember seeing in the early crusty VHS days.
Flatliner
6/11/2018 3:17pm
MR. X wrote:
Wonder what ever happened to Kris Rourke , All the dudes i remember seeing in the early crusty VHS days.
Think he owns a business in California.

His opening shot in wrathchild is still awesome.
MXMattii
6/11/2018 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 4:11pm
ML512 wrote:
The drama isn't fake in this case, Hill/Erricson and Hodges family aren't in good graces with each other anymore. I know all involved and they aren't...
The drama isn't fake in this case, Hill/Erricson and Hodges family aren't in good graces with each other anymore. I know all involved and they aren't faking it in this case.
Is the Hodges family not also involved in the Monster Energy business, so that Hill doesn't like them anymore after getting fired would be normal. But I dunno for sure, this is a question Huh .

EDIT PS: I liked freestyle back in the heydays with the Dew Tour who build cool "tracks" where riders must be creative and do tricks. Same with Red Bull X-Fighters Tour who were going to the most sick locations. The X-Games with their different compo's were pretty cool to. But now there is only Nitro Circus Tour, what is a show and their isn't really a competition anymore besides once a year the X-Fighters in the original location in Spain. Maybe FELD should stand up, and use their promo channels from Monster Trucks and Supercross to create a FMX Tour world wide in smaller venues like US Soccer stadium with 20k people.
dirtnapper
6/11/2018 4:46pm
Using your 12 year old kid as a pawn in a pissing match tells the tale pretty well..
zehn wrote:
I was thinking the same thing
Same here
gnarwhip
6/11/2018 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 5:50pm
MR. X wrote:
haha...from last year. But Axell claimed it and named it? Lol! All the little Hill Haters are looking extremely dumb right now!
TymeMoto
6/11/2018 6:27pm
In my opinion, Axell’s chances of winning real moto have diminished after all of this. Now that guys have started coming out of the woodwork with footage of themselves or others doing the trick, the shock value will be diminished by the time the X Games roll around in Mid-August.

Pastrana & Deegan never got upstaged by retired racers. I know the kids love seeing Axell do the same whips and nose wheelies but I get bored with it. Axell wouldn’t even get past qualifiers in an event like the Nitro World Games.

If he’s tired of people stealing tricks maybe he should try something that others can’t do. Elevate the sport in the process.
Lastander
6/15/2018 11:46pm
The other thread went to the dumbgeon, and this just escalated to outside of instagram.

Honestly both sides are pussies in my book now to just keep going with the BS and crying over the internet, but Axell just went out to clean someone out and possibly even hurting him (if you beleive what Buttery wrote).

Helder
6/15/2018 11:59pm
Oh man this delivers hahaha the Axell take out is next level hahahahahahahahaha
TymeMoto
6/16/2018 1:46am
Axell Hodges claims and names a trick that’s already been done by atleast 2 people that we know of, then attempts to take out a guy who is friends with the guy who filmed another guy landing said trick but hurts his own shoulder in the process.

What a pussy. This is how you end up paralyzed. If you have a problem with someone you should take it up with them, not with their camera man’s buddy and not on social media.

What a bitch.
jemcee
6/16/2018 2:15am
TymeMoto wrote:
In my opinion, Axell’s chances of winning real moto have diminished after all of this. Now that guys have started coming out of the woodwork with...
In my opinion, Axell’s chances of winning real moto have diminished after all of this. Now that guys have started coming out of the woodwork with footage of themselves or others doing the trick, the shock value will be diminished by the time the X Games roll around in Mid-August.

Pastrana & Deegan never got upstaged by retired racers. I know the kids love seeing Axell do the same whips and nose wheelies but I get bored with it. Axell wouldn’t even get past qualifiers in an event like the Nitro World Games.

If he’s tired of people stealing tricks maybe he should try something that others can’t do. Elevate the sport in the process.
I don't know any of them and every person involved seems to be a tool of some measure..
But on your post (which seems very angled to one side)
You cover the reason Hodges is off it in your first paragraph.. I don't know but I'm assuming a win at x games still involves money/sponsorship and the Hill finding out about it and doing it publicly will prob cost Hodges the win..
The Nitro circus one is nowhere near as good as what Hill and Hodges did IMO (I'm assuming Hodges did the same thing as Hill) Trials bike, not a stoppie, airbag

Pastrana and Deegan were retired racers.. But like it or not Hodges is bringing something different and really something that shows more actual bike skill (but yes gets very 'samey') Yes wouldn't get far in Nitro Games but this isn't Nitro Games

He WAS trying something others couldn't do.. And to give him the most credit I can muster, it was something no one else had thought of.. Which would prob elevate the sport
FIREfish148
6/16/2018 2:40am
Axel should be happy for Josh.

He probably had this image of coming to x and stomping a brand new trick and stealing all the plastic monster girls... all the while redeeming his status after such a wack winter x appearance.

Post a reply to: Josh hill does it

The Latest