Herlings Injury Update, will miss the MXGP title this year.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/11/2019 12:20 PM

So the hot news is out, Herlings will be out for atleast another 3 GPs and the injury will take at least till late April.

The good news is, he will have a full recovery.

For the people who wants to translate the Dutch PR letter http://www.motocrossplanet.nl/nieuws-nat/70163/Film:-Zelfkritische-Herlings-zet-WK-titel-uit-z'n-hoofd:-'Voelt-als-falen'

|

3/11/2019 12:22 PM

Sooooooo .............. ????

|

3/11/2019 12:22 PM

USA

|

3/11/2019 12:24 PM

I. Want. That. Man. Here.

|

3/11/2019 12:25 PM

So get ready for some really great racing as everyone except AC was just bumped up a notch and has hope for a AC mishap. I am only a recent fan and follower of the MXGP series but I really am hooked. These guys rip and are excellent racers as well.

|

3/11/2019 12:25 PM

He'll return to the GPs when ready and try to add to his win total.

|

3/11/2019 12:26 PM

Tony & Prado for the MXGP titles, and Herlings in the US for MX? Sounds like a win win for KTM.

|

3/11/2019 12:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2019 12:31 PM

Please come here Jeffrey! In normal circumstances, I’d say no way. But the stars have aligned for a one time full time US MX gig.

|

3/11/2019 12:36 PM

Herlings in America would make for an epic summer. Possibly the most exciting thing to happen in the outdoor series EVER.

|

Instagram: @_kevintucker
Twitter: @_kevintucker
squidsmoto.home.blog

3/11/2019 12:39 PM

Herlings racing the US series would be the best thing that has happened to this sport in a long time.
I think we would see a significant spike in attendance, and television ratings.

|

3/11/2019 12:45 PM

Squid Williams wrote:

Herlings in America would make for an epic summer. Possibly the most exciting thing to happen in the outdoor series EVER.

How so?
He comes and loses- "He was coming off an injury and was never 100% until the end of the season"
He comes here and smokes our guys- "Euro's have the best riders. The American's suck" and we look horrible in comparison.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/11/2019 12:56 PM

|

3/11/2019 1:03 PM

Squid Williams wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

How so?
He comes and loses- "He was coming off an injury and was never 100% until the end of the season"
He comes here and smokes our guys- "Euro's have the best riders. The American's suck" and we look horrible in comparison.

I think if he has 6 good weeks to prepare than the argument that he was never 100% would be a cop out. That is more time than most American's will get to prepare for outdoors considering they'll be fresh off a SX circuit.

And if he comes here and smokes our guys, maybe it will light a fire under somebody's ass to put a better program together for MXDN! You have to beat the best to be the best! I'm not saying Herlings is the best, but we'll never know if he doesn't come across the pond for an entire series.

I can't say what the outcome would be, but you'd be ignorant to deny that adding Herlings would be great for the sport.

|

Instagram: @_kevintucker
Twitter: @_kevintucker
squidsmoto.home.blog

The stars are aligning... And it still isn't going to happen. Although, I do think attendance would be up massively and TV money would maybe double with Herlings running the US outdoors series. One can only hope. Wife said I'm in for 2 events if he does come over.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

I. Want. That. Man. Here.

Be careful what you wish for.

|

3/11/2019 1:04 PM

Press516 wrote:

The stars are aligning... And it still isn't going to happen. Although, I do think attendance would be up massively and TV money would maybe double with Herlings running the US outdoors series. One can only hope. Wife said I'm in for 2 events if he does come over.

TV money would double? Puff, puff, pass...

|

3/11/2019 1:07 PM

Press516 wrote:

GuyB wrote:

TV money would double? Puff, puff, pass...

Do you not think that the international watch would be up huge? Lets face it, the US barely watches... I think it would.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

3/11/2019 1:10 PM

Squid Williams wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

How so?

Who cares if we look horrible? I want to see the best compete.

|

3/11/2019 1:10 PM

|

3/11/2019 1:11 PM

2019 lucas oil pro motocross champion- Jeffery Herlings.

|

3/11/2019 1:14 PM

The downside to Herlings coming over would be Tomac and Marv wading themselves up within the first 4 weekends chasing down Herlings.

Lighten up Francis it's a joke...............

|

3/11/2019 1:15 PM

I don't care if he smokes Eli or not. I'm all for seeing the best riders in the world compete so if he could race in the US this summer that would be extraordinary. I doubt it happens though.

|

3/11/2019 1:18 PM

Squid Williams wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

How so?

I don't see it that way. I think he would battle upfront but it would not be a runaway particularly because he will be back indeed from an injury. Plus he will have to adapt to the tracks, the format, and the heat, which is a real challenge too. That is why I predict some days he should be upfront, and some days not. That is also why in the end it would be interesting to watch.
|

3/11/2019 1:18 PM

Herlings to US would be crazy, hope it happens. He can add a ama national championship to his list.

|

3/11/2019 1:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2019 1:20 PM

Herlings will ride the GP's. He will win ever GP to prove to Cairoli that he's the best & AC222 better put an asterisk next to his WC.

|

3/11/2019 1:25 PM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Herlings will ride the GP's. He will win ever GP to prove to Cairoli that he's the best & AC222 better put an asterisk next to his WC.

Yeah, but current wisdom says everyone but RC, Stew, and RV has had asterisk next to their championship.
I think King Tony could live with winning a WC without JH - it's not like Tony rammed JH and caused his injury.

|

3/11/2019 1:27 PM

If I had to speculate I’d say he wouldn’t be ready and up to speed to contend for an AMA championship either. So maybe with him not in the running for either championship he would be able to do a few of each, once he’s healed up.

That would be good.

|

3/11/2019 1:35 PM

Make america great again keep the European trash in Europe

|

3/11/2019 1:37 PM

Comeback will be some where in June/July at the MXGP

|

3/11/2019 1:38 PM

What if Cairoli gets hurt... from how much back Herlings can fight with Gajser?

|