Dumbest motorcycle mod ever?

early
Posts
10103
Joined
2/13/2013
Location
University Heights, OH, USA
Edited Date/Time 6/18/2019 7:21am
W...T...F...

I don't understand fashion and this guy doesn't understand motorcycles don't need clothes.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/354699/yamaha-children-of-the-discor…
3
|
FWYT
Posts
3572
Joined
5/25/2014
Location
San Diego, CA, USA
6/14/2019 7:35am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2019 7:37am
Yeah, very different worlds. Neither understands the other and it is definitely NOT meant to represent any kind of motorcycle reality. It's just a prop.
OtotheB178
Posts
151
Joined
3/8/2009
Location
Bristol, GB
6/14/2019 7:38am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2019 7:40am


but did they invent the piano key neck tie?
5
6/14/2019 7:43am
That's almost as bad as that Big Wheel 426 some moron invested his time and money into.
4
1

The Shop

6/14/2019 7:53am
Pretty sure guy knows it isn’t rideable or normal. I think it’s cool. Bikes flows into man/man flows into bike.
4
2
JustMX
Posts
5347
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
6/14/2019 8:07am
Well, if you actually want to make it moto related, I nominate the "swarup".

And I am working off 30+ years of memory so I might not have the name exactly correct.

It was a little stamped metal thing that went in the intake that supposedly created turbulence to more thoroughly mix air and gas for a more efficient burn and an amazing horsepower and throttle response gain.

Had cheesy ads with a drawing that bore a remarkable resemblance to Bob hannah, right down to the lightning bolts.

I think it was 49.95, which would be 150 now, for something that looks like it would be used to prep hor dourves.

Not too far behind would be the "boost bottle" craze of the early 80's

1
ktmdan
Posts
1227
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Houston, TX, USA
6/14/2019 8:41am
early wrote:
W...T...F... I don't understand fashion and this guy doesn't understand motorcycles don't need clothes. https://www.rideapart.com/articles/354699/yamaha-children-of-the-discordance-collaboration-paris-fashion-week/ [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/14/354389/s1200_yamaha_x_children_of_the_discordance.jpg[/img]
W...T...F...

I don't understand fashion and this guy doesn't understand motorcycles don't need clothes.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/354699/yamaha-children-of-the-discor…
Easily triggered are we?
KMC440
Posts
7764
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
6/14/2019 8:42am
early wrote:
W...T...F... I don't understand fashion and this guy doesn't understand motorcycles don't need clothes. https://www.rideapart.com/articles/354699/yamaha-children-of-the-discordance-collaboration-paris-fashion-week/ [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/14/354389/s1200_yamaha_x_children_of_the_discordance.jpg[/img]
W...T...F...

I don't understand fashion and this guy doesn't understand motorcycles don't need clothes.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/354699/yamaha-children-of-the-discor…
Who would do that to a SR 500 ?!?!? For fucks sake!
seth505
Posts
10216
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
SD, CA, USA
6/14/2019 8:42am
I thought this was going to be about ROOSTBOOST, I"ll see myself out...
12
early
Posts
10103
Joined
2/13/2013
Location
University Heights, OH, USA
6/14/2019 8:49am
ktmdan wrote:
Easily triggered are we?
You think that is a "triggered" post? Jeez...
mx295
Posts
4296
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Quartz Hill, CA, USA
6/14/2019 9:51am
kkawboy14 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/14/354392/s1200_35727F49_4683_4959_A4C3_F68277A3437F.jpg[/img]

What were you searching for to find those? 🤔🤣
3
kkawboy14
Posts
11486
Joined
6/5/2015
Location
USA
6/14/2019 9:53am
kkawboy14 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/14/354392/s1200_35727F49_4683_4959_A4C3_F68277A3437F.jpg[/img]

mx295 wrote:
What were you searching for to find those? 🤔🤣
I was searching for the people who would design that bike, they also purchased and wear these! 😂
2
face biter
Posts
541
Joined
2/25/2019
Location
Lake Dallas, TX, USA
6/14/2019 10:38am
I don’t know if I’d call it the worst, but those silly go-bot looking one piece front number plate/hand guard units from a couple years back were pretty goofy.
Question
Posts
3179
Joined
6/26/2014
Location
FR
6/14/2019 10:46am
The bike must look ok when the silencer wraps catch fire !
BRAPPWHIP86
Posts
38
Joined
4/23/2014
Location
Wilmington, NC, USA
6/14/2019 10:52am
Spoke straws
8
JasonJLF
Posts
49
Joined
11/15/2018
Location
GB
6/14/2019 10:53am



15
byke
Posts
3176
Joined
8/12/2015
Location
Auburn, CA, USA
6/14/2019 11:01am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2019 11:02am
Anyone remember Shervin?

https://drivetribe.com/p/weight-saving-gone-too-farmeet-bjR-rzRrRZSEFss…

https://blog.motorcycle.com/2010/05/27/motorcycle-news/zx-10r-owner-mod…

There was also one where he was drilling some holes for something and drilled right into his ECU and was trying to figure out why his bike wouldn't start.

1
brocster
Posts
4653
Joined
6/9/2009
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
6/14/2019 1:00pm
+1 for spoke straws
7
mark_swart
Posts
2527
Joined
11/2/2011
Location
Chapin, SC, USA
6/14/2019 1:32pm
seth505 wrote:
I thought this was going to be about ROOSTBOOST, I"ll see myself out...
HAHA that's exactly what I was thinking too!!!
2
Kelz87
Posts
1382
Joined
7/21/2018
Location
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Fantasy
6/14/2019 2:23pm
seth505 wrote:
I thought this was going to be about ROOSTBOOST, I"ll see myself out...
mark_swart wrote:
HAHA that's exactly what I was thinking too!!!
Me too man 😆
Dropbear
Posts
1568
Joined
5/7/2008
Location
Adelaide, AU
6/14/2019 2:49pm
No Dive kits came and went in 1 season. But sold a shit load.
Talisker
Posts
886
Joined
10/25/2018
Location
Houston, TX, USA
6/14/2019 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2019 3:04pm
The best one i constantly see is when people spend 9-10K on a new bike because they think they will be faster on it than the old one with only 30 hours.
5
6
factoryfatty
Posts
179
Joined
9/3/2016
Location
Vancouver, WA, USA
6/14/2019 8:43pm
It was a factory add on but I remember reading that yamahas BASS system sucked
SwingHard
Posts
482
Joined
3/14/2017
Location
Sacramento, CA, USA
6/15/2019 8:23am
COLORED GRIPS!!
rob162
Posts
608
Joined
7/8/2015
Location
USA
6/15/2019 8:28am
SLAPAHO wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Please. Nobody show this to the Dutch. I want to leave the MXoN with eardrums still intact.
Holy fuck they would be all over that! They fuckin had so much shit like that at the des nations this year.
But despite that they were fun as shit to party with after wards!
smezmx
Posts
2614
Joined
5/25/2010
Location
Kent,medway...., GB
6/15/2019 9:03pm

1

Post a reply to: Dumbest motorcycle mod ever?

The Latest