Discussion for those that have ordered a Stark Varg..everyone else go away!

PJRAUS
3/25/2022 6:15am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2022 11:22am
It will be interesting to see how many vitards have ordered the Varg and where in the world they are located.
Im in Australia...super excited about this bike because of the freedom to ride at home it will give me.
I have no real pre concieved ideas about owning the bike other than it should be pretty easy to maintain..steering away from any preconceived ideas about what it will be like to ride, just looking forward to that first ride experience..
Its still 6 months away for me on their current shipping estimate..in the mean time Im planning to buy a new 125..might have to sell a couple of my older bikes b4 I do that...hate selling bikes 😐
Also,interested to know what the order number means? Mine is #PR 23925.so obviously my initials.. but are the first 2 digits perhaps a country code? Then the last 3 digits my actual order after they recieved order number 1? So maybe im the 925th order?
Please..if you haven't actually ordered one..do not post in this thread....its just the polite thing to do..if you want to rant about how much you hate the idea of these bikes..kindly do so in the main stark varg 30 pager..

|
alphado
3/25/2022 6:38am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2022 6:40am

The Shop

PJRAUS
3/25/2022 7:30am
Titan1 wrote:
PJRAUS wrote:
I hadn't noticed that there was a separate electic bikes page..guess I only ever look at the moto related one..
mxrose3 wrote:
You should get more of an audience here anyway
Not really looking for an audience, would just be nice to talk about the bike and what it means to other riders like me who have actually ordered one ,rather than just put up with the haters all the time.
But the haters will still post here, proving that they lack both good manners and basic reading comprehension..
Gary Duck
3/25/2022 7:55am
Just make sure to buy a gas-burning generator for when you don't have enough power for moto 2.

That's if these things ever even make it to the showroom... Triumph, anyone???
mxrose3
3/25/2022 8:07am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2022 8:11am
Gary Duck wrote:
Just make sure to buy a gas-burning generator for when you don't have enough power for moto 2. That's if these things ever even make it...
Just make sure to buy a gas-burning generator for when you don't have enough power for moto 2.

That's if these things ever even make it to the showroom... Triumph, anyone???
the organization that I race with is full of mostly RV's that already run a gas burning generator all day, so this is mostly a moot point IMO. I'm not a tree hugger by any means, and i'm not a hater of the electric vehicles either. But I do think we need to start somewhere to get the electric motocross bike going in the right direction. Heck, maybe all tracks will have electric plug-in options at every pit area, just to charge these things eventually. Again, i'm not one to jump on this bandwagon yet, but i'm glad some people are (such as PJRAUS here). I consider them breaking new ground for us in the future.

PS. He also said 'Everyone else, go away', so peace out!
3/25/2022 8:46am
Im in Southern California, near all the iconic motocross tracks. Ive owned my Alta Redshift MXR for almost 4 years now. When i heard about the Stark Varg, it took me all of 3 brain cells to decide to order one. Electric dirtbikes are so rad, and the Varg seems to be an improvement over the Alta MXR in a few different categories.

Electric powerplants are amazing for motocross. Literally every single person who has ever ridden my MXR has come back with a huge smile on their face. Even the die hard 2 stroke anti-everything-else guys who take shots of premix for breakfast. Electric provides the smoothest, easiest, and safest ability to ride fast. Ill be making some content here soon explaining what i mean by all that.

Really looking forward to getting to test them out in Barcelona in just a few short months!
RaceFace58
3/25/2022 8:51am
I’ll just read Raus. Only this comment here. How’s that for positive?
davis224
3/25/2022 10:17am
PJRAUS wrote:
I hadn't noticed that there was a separate electic bikes page..guess I only ever look at the moto related one..
mxrose3 wrote:
PJRAUS wrote:
Not really looking for an audience, would just be nice to talk about the bike and what it means to other riders like me who have...
Not really looking for an audience, would just be nice to talk about the bike and what it means to other riders like me who have actually ordered one ,rather than just put up with the haters all the time.
But the haters will still post here, proving that they lack both good manners and basic reading comprehension..
Or you could realize that trolls will see this, and see it as a golden opportunity to get a rise out of you? The more you try to exclude them, the more shit will get thrown at you. Just converse happily with the people you want to and ignore the rest.
PJRAUS
3/25/2022 1:56pm
Im in Southern California, near all the iconic motocross tracks. Ive owned my Alta Redshift MXR for almost 4 years now. When i heard about the...
Im in Southern California, near all the iconic motocross tracks. Ive owned my Alta Redshift MXR for almost 4 years now. When i heard about the Stark Varg, it took me all of 3 brain cells to decide to order one. Electric dirtbikes are so rad, and the Varg seems to be an improvement over the Alta MXR in a few different categories.

Electric powerplants are amazing for motocross. Literally every single person who has ever ridden my MXR has come back with a huge smile on their face. Even the die hard 2 stroke anti-everything-else guys who take shots of premix for breakfast. Electric provides the smoothest, easiest, and safest ability to ride fast. Ill be making some content here soon explaining what i mean by all that.

Really looking forward to getting to test them out in Barcelona in just a few short months!
Thats great! Looking forward to reading your content, Ive never had the opportunity to ride an Alta, they were all set to start shipping to Australia and had appointed an Australian distributor when it all collapsed.
That guy contacted me about doing a demo day at the track I work at...the track boss was pumped on the idea, sadly it never happened.
I will no doubt be taking the Varg out to the track, but I wont be taking a generator...just one of my gas bikes as well as the varg. But I suspect that I will personally get enough laps in on it through the day on one charge anyway .

Ive been working on trying to ride on the balls of my feet more, but since Ive mostly been riding my super mini or my 125 lately, I find it nearly impossible as im always shifting.
Have this theory that not having to shift any gears on the varg might help me get the footwork happening better, which would certainly be helpful when I ride my 450..
MX Guy
3/25/2022 1:59pm
I can't wait for ours
PJRAUS
3/25/2022 2:08pm
mxrose3 wrote:
PJRAUS wrote:
Not really looking for an audience, would just be nice to talk about the bike and what it means to other riders like me who have...
davis224 wrote:
Or you could realize that trolls will see this, and see it as a golden opportunity to get a rise out of you? The more you...
Or you could realize that trolls will see this, and see it as a golden opportunity to get a rise out of you? The more you try to exclude them, the more shit will get thrown at you. Just converse happily with the people you want to and ignore the rest.
Ha ha ! Yeah I know...they wont get a rise out of me in this thread..I feel sorry for them..it must be pretty miserable being a troll..creeping around in the shadows, putting your lack of manners and reading comprehension on display whenever you type..
Me...I just love motocross and motocross bikes...all of them..2 strokes, 4 strokes..no strokes! Hey maybe I just coined a new description for emx bikes..no strokes! 😃😃😃
Main problem is its gonna get cramped in my house with the Varg...especially if I get a new 125 soon..

shuggs
3/25/2022 2:16pm
Im in Southern California, near all the iconic motocross tracks. Ive owned my Alta Redshift MXR for almost 4 years now. When i heard about the...

Where is the Varg an improvement.

Really interested as it looks like another year and I will need to get full size bike for youngster
langhammx
3/25/2022 5:07pm
I ordered one in a 19” for the track and one with the 18” for off-road. They will not replace any of my ICE bikes, but I’m looking forward to getting them. I ride the Alta a bit and felt right at home on it, on the 2nd lap. Ended up doing every jump on the track on the 2nd lap and I was smiling ear to ear when I got off. Almost bought an Alta, but glad I waited…

Not sure what the #’s mean, but here’s one of mine

Smerwin43
3/25/2022 6:28pm

One for dad and one for me, a few people are developing a motocross track near us as well. Excited for the years to come!
AH387
3/25/2022 6:29pm
My buddy that I ride/race with ordered one. I'm really excited to check it out and see how he likes it. I hope the bike meets everyone's expectations.
Myke
3/25/2022 6:51pm
$1,000 for 20 extra HP?
-MAVERICK-
3/25/2022 6:54pm
Myke wrote:
$1,000 for 20 extra HP?
People pay 1k for a pipe.

1k for 20HP is a deal.
PJRAUS
3/25/2022 8:19pm
Myke wrote:
$1,000 for 20 extra HP?
-MAVERICK- wrote:

1k for 20HP is a deal.
They havent explained what is actually different between the 2 bikes..battery? Motor? Cpu ?
I have no clue...I know its all tunable, I just went with the 60 hp because I'll be nearly 57 years old by the time the bike arrives and Im slowly gaining some wisdom with age..🙄
bents
3/25/2022 10:07pm
I'm in for one and can't wait either-October 9th for my delivery date. Change or die. If the reviews are really bad I'm out a 100 bucks. No biggie. But I am not counting on it. I believe it will be a success. And I didn't fork out the extra 1k for 20 more horsepower. I figure 60hp of electric power will be plenty for ability.
3/25/2022 11:09pm
alphado wrote:
[img]https://ecofriend.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/flintsone-bikes-1_7071.jpg[/img]
Glad to see Ryno’s new training program is up and running.
KONG
3/26/2022 1:50am

The return of the electric taliban, never tired to tell the same story again and again and again and again.
-MAVERICK-
3/26/2022 2:38am
Myke wrote:
$1,000 for 20 extra HP?
-MAVERICK- wrote:

1k for 20HP is a deal.
PJRAUS wrote:
They havent explained what is actually different between the 2 bikes..battery? Motor? Cpu ? I have no clue...I know its all tunable, I just went with...
They havent explained what is actually different between the 2 bikes..battery? Motor? Cpu ?
I have no clue...I know its all tunable, I just went with the 60 hp because I'll be nearly 57 years old by the time the bike arrives and Im slowly gaining some wisdom with age..🙄
2 different motors.
davis224
3/26/2022 4:45am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

1k for 20HP is a deal.
PJRAUS wrote:
They havent explained what is actually different between the 2 bikes..battery? Motor? Cpu ? I have no clue...I know its all tunable, I just went with...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
2 different motors.
I realize you may not have all the answers, but will they have the same battery with 2 different motors? Just wondering which one will be the most efficient set to 45-50hp. Is the 80hp motor still a bigger draw at that level than the 60? Or is that approaching the sweet spot for more battery life? This is the main question I want answered before ordering.
crowe660
3/26/2022 5:06am
Wasn’t there a cyber truck thread like this a few years ago?
bichwolf
3/26/2022 5:26am
Do you have to wear a mask even if you are wearing a full face helmet?
3/26/2022 9:16am
Myke wrote:
$1,000 for 20 extra HP?
-MAVERICK- wrote:

1k for 20HP is a deal.
PJRAUS wrote:
Here’s why I went with 80hp. In the launch video they said the bike is most efficient running at about 75% of total power. That means the 80hp bike is most efficient at 60hp and the 60hp is most efficient at 45 hp. There’s a good chance I’ll never turn my bike up to 80, but definitely 60.
-MAVERICK-
3/26/2022 9:51am
davis224 wrote:
I realize you may not have all the answers, but will they have the same battery with 2 different motors? Just wondering which one will be...
I realize you may not have all the answers, but will they have the same battery with 2 different motors? Just wondering which one will be the most efficient set to 45-50hp. Is the 80hp motor still a bigger draw at that level than the 60? Or is that approaching the sweet spot for more battery life? This is the main question I want answered before ordering.
I don't know about the batteries, but I assume it'll be same for each model.

ML512 is going to be testing it soon.

Ask him about it if you haven't already:

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Stark-VARG-Test-T-Minus-…

Post a reply to: Discussion for those that have ordered a Stark Varg..everyone else go away!

The Latest

The Latest