Discussion for those that have ordered a Stark Varg..everyone else go away!

Titan1
12/21/2022 11:59am
Titan1 wrote:
-There is far more to a start up succeeding than having a great product (case in point, Alta...which was universally loved my pretty anyone that rode...

-There is far more to a start up succeeding than having a great product (case in point, Alta...which was universally loved my pretty anyone that rode them, and they still failed).  So Stark could have the best minds in the business, have the best product ever, and the odds would still be that they'll fail.  If you're comfortable taking that risk, that's your decision.  But it's a hard pass from me.

-Range is yet to be determined.  I look at e-bikes from a difference perspective (and granted not their current target demographic...even though stark is still marketing an "off road version"), as a 99.9% off road guy, that has larger aftermarket tanks on all of his bikes...range is a massive deal breaker for me.  If I exclusively rode the track, this wouldn't be nearly as big of a concern for me. 

-Factoring in the additional cost of the bike, plus a generator...I can't imagine it would take only 60 hours to amortize that extra cost.  I buy a new YZ450 every other year on average-roughly 100 hours (well before any motorwork is needed)...I'm always about $11K OTD on it...at $12K MSRP on the Stark (I honestly thought they were closer to $15K, but I'll go with the $12K MSPR), I'd be over $13K OTD after tax license in my state, then add in what? another $1K-$1.5K for a decent generator. 

My manual calls for Oil every 7 hours, oil filter every 14 hours (I'll go on the long side and say I keep it for 150 hours-which I don't think I've done for years, as I do try and sell at about 100 hours-that is 21 oil changes, at $12 an oil change for $257 in oil, and 10 oil filters at $8 each is another $80 in oil filters for a total of $350 in oil changes over 150 hours) and fuel-I might get 2-3 hours out of a 3 gallon tank...that's about 50 full tanks of fuel to get to 150 hours...fuel at $4/gallon, that would be about $600 in fuel (150 gallons of fuel at $4/gallon = $600) for 150 hours of riding...(other wear parts would be a wash, since chains, sprockets, tires, plastics, grips, bars, etc. etc. will need to be replaced on the Stark)...so for my yamaha ($11K OTD), oil, oil filters ($350), and fuel ($600) at 150 hours, I'm about $11,950 total or a cost of about 80/hour...

On the stark at 150 hours, with an OTD price of $13K and another $1250 for a generator, so $14250 that is an operating cost of $95/hour...so it would take well more than 60 hours to amortize the additional cost...Bottom line, its just too expensive for me to justify the extra cost of the Stark at this point. 

Anyway...no right or wrong on this, as each individual gets to make their own decision on if they like it or not and if its worth the extra cost...but to dismiss these valid concerns (even if they don't carry the same level of importance to you) as "Beavis and Butthead" stuff is disingenuous on your part.

#434 wrote:
If I‘d ride off road I wouldn’t consider it too. To the costs: I didn’t factor in a generator bc I won’t need one for the...

If I‘d ride off road I wouldn’t consider it too. To the costs: I didn’t factor in a generator bc I won’t need one for the stuff I do and the given infrastructure a lot of tracks already have around here. And I also have to factor in our gas prices which are at least double to yours. So I think both our calculations are fine, coming from a different start. 
What‘s also a big factor for me is time (which is money sometimes): a lot of the regular maintenance will be gone! No oil change, no air filter change (or cleaning of em), no checking of the valves, not even filling up gas. Cleaning the bike will be simpler since you don’t have to plug an exhaust or change the air filter for a cover (and back). Just spray it down, oil the chain, plug the bike in and that’s it! And no gas cans, bottles of oil, spare filters, spark plugs and all that stuff to clean air filters laying around in the garage. It’s gonna be closer to a bicycle than to MX bike. 

Without the generator, for me, the break even is about 150 hours.  I don't know of any tracks around here with the infrastructure to have charging stations, so a generator would be an absolute must have around here. 

My absolute favorite thing about my sons ee5 (right behind performance...which is a much bigger deal on a mini-with no clutch and no gears-than on a big bike) is the lack of maintenance...I don't particularly enjoy working on bikes, though I tolerate oil and air filter changes...I sell at 100 hours partly so I don't have to check valves, do top/bottom ends, clutches, etc etc. (but mostly because I like the new bike feel).   I haven't even bought new chains/sprockets in years and years as the stockers will go 100 hours...anyway, the lack of maintenance is a huge selling point for me on the e-bikes, and why I hope the big 5 will come out with one and the range will come up so I can justify one. 

12/21/2022 1:17pm
Titan1 wrote:
Okay...I won't buy one because I don't want to buy a bike from a start up company that is more likely to fail, than not...the range...

Okay...I won't buy one because I don't want to buy a bike from a start up company that is more likely to fail, than not...the range is way to short.  And they are too expensive (price of the bike, and then add the cost of a generator, even factoring in the reduced maintenance cost)...

Fix those three things (One of the big 5 come out with an ebike-not a start up...increased range-and/or a quick swap battery of some sort...and the price comes down to be more comparable to ICE bikes-including the cost of the generator and/or extra batteries), and as long as the performance (chassis, suspension, handling, ergo's) is on par with the current gen ice bikes...I'll be first in line to buy one.  But as they stand (Alta, and now the Varg) those three things make the reality of me buying an ebike to big of a step backward for me to justify.

#434 wrote:
I can understand your concerns and thought about the same things before I ordered mine. Here’s my take on it: - yeah it’s a risk buying...

I can understand your concerns and thought about the same things before I ordered mine. Here’s my take on it:

- yeah it’s a risk buying from a start up and I don’t want one of the very first production runs. However, I gained confidence when I saw that they hired good guys from other manufacturers, that have experience building up a motorcycle production line (think it was a guy from KTM). Overall, they went to or hired guys with a solid reputation. Frame design was done by this MotoGP frame guru, which name I can’t remember and the battery and motor design was done by guys from this area in Croatia where also Rimac is located. Overall, the engineering looks very good. That outweighed my concerns about being a start up. 
- They claim the range will be the same as a full tank on a 450. That’s probably a bit optimistic looking at the battery size (and a little math), so I expect the range to be equal to 5, max. 6 l of fuel on a 450. Looking at my experience with 450s, that’s totally fine for a training session at the motocross track for me (warm up, 2 15 min motos, bit of play riding). I never took a gas can to the track when I had my YZ450f. For longer days, especially when we go to northern Italy, I probably will choose a track where I can charge the bike. Since lots of tracks here have good infrastructure, they will quickly provide 230V outlets if demand is there. I don’t do off-road stuff, so that doesn’t concern me.

- In another thread I compared the cost of a Varg with a SXF450 and the higher initial price of the bike amortized after about 60 hours by the cost for fuel, oil and air filter alone. The lack of engine maintenance is also something that saves not only time but money in the long run. 

Overall, the concept won me over (also just looking at it as an Engineer). I don’t deny that there’s a chance, that the product will not be as good as advertised, but I was willing to risk 100 bucks to get a delivery date. If the first production bikes don’t deliver (range equal more equal to 3l, seriously overweight, reliability problems) I can still choose to not get the bike and only loose 100 bucks. But if it’s in the ballpark, I think the bike is going to be a blast to ride, with much less maintenance, no vibration (problem for me) and adjustable power to suit my varying fitness level. 

edited: typos

Titan1 wrote:
-There is far more to a start up succeeding than having a great product (case in point, Alta...which was universally loved my pretty anyone that rode...

-There is far more to a start up succeeding than having a great product (case in point, Alta...which was universally loved my pretty anyone that rode them, and they still failed).  So Stark could have the best minds in the business, have the best product ever, and the odds would still be that they'll fail.  If you're comfortable taking that risk, that's your decision.  But it's a hard pass from me.

-Range is yet to be determined.  I look at e-bikes from a difference perspective (and granted not their current target demographic...even though stark is still marketing an "off road version"), as a 99.9% off road guy, that has larger aftermarket tanks on all of his bikes...range is a massive deal breaker for me.  If I exclusively rode the track, this wouldn't be nearly as big of a concern for me. 

-Factoring in the additional cost of the bike, plus a generator...I can't imagine it would take only 60 hours to amortize that extra cost.  I buy a new YZ450 every other year on average-roughly 100 hours (well before any motorwork is needed)...I'm always about $11K OTD on it...at $12K MSRP on the Stark (I honestly thought they were closer to $15K, but I'll go with the $12K MSPR), I'd be over $13K OTD after tax license in my state, then add in what? another $1K-$1.5K for a decent generator. 

My manual calls for Oil every 7 hours, oil filter every 14 hours (I'll go on the long side and say I keep it for 150 hours-which I don't think I've done for years, as I do try and sell at about 100 hours-that is 21 oil changes, at $12 an oil change for $257 in oil, and 10 oil filters at $8 each is another $80 in oil filters for a total of $350 in oil changes over 150 hours) and fuel-I might get 2-3 hours out of a 3 gallon tank...that's about 50 full tanks of fuel to get to 150 hours...fuel at $4/gallon, that would be about $600 in fuel (150 gallons of fuel at $4/gallon = $600) for 150 hours of riding...(other wear parts would be a wash, since chains, sprockets, tires, plastics, grips, bars, etc. etc. will need to be replaced on the Stark)...so for my yamaha ($11K OTD), oil, oil filters ($350), and fuel ($600) at 150 hours, I'm about $11,950 total or a cost of about 80/hour...

On the stark at 150 hours, with an OTD price of $13K and another $1250 for a generator, so $14250 that is an operating cost of $95/hour...so it would take well more than 60 hours to amortize the additional cost...Bottom line, its just too expensive for me to justify the extra cost of the Stark at this point. 

Anyway...no right or wrong on this, as each individual gets to make their own decision on if they like it or not and if its worth the extra cost...but to dismiss these valid concerns (even if they don't carry the same level of importance to you) as "Beavis and Butthead" stuff is disingenuous on your part.

There's also the argument, that for a little more money you get the Varg that you can now have an mx track in your yard . Or ride trails closer to other houses without issues.And the style of power you get from an Electric bike would be great off road.For long trail rides though its probably not the best bike. I think of all the places I could explore on one and nobody would hear me. If it was all about cost savings you could get an RMZ or  DRZ .  But I'm sure you get the YZ because of many other things.  I think that if Electric bikes do get the the point that the 4 strokes are now, that the cost could and should come down dramatically. Like big screen TV's , computers, and other electronics. If they start out near the cost of an ICE bike like stark is,as they produce more of them they should be able to either make a less expensive option and or bring the costs down. When there is a standard battery platform the option to buy a bike without the battery will be another way to cut costs on a new bike.  Like all early adopters of new tech have in the past, the earlier Electric  converts will find the issues , and pay more than they might in another 5 or 10 years. If Honda is able to come up with a motor and controller, and  standard batteries that they can use over their entire range of motorcycles the cost savings would be huge!  Maybe the bigger street bikes get an extra battery or 2. The power output controlled by the computer on the bike.  So maybe you have 5 motors that can power the entire 2 wheel lineup for a brand. and a single battery that maybe you add to as you go up in the size motorcycle. That eliminates the transmissions , clutches , and 1000's of internal parts . If one brand is able to do it and bring their prices down , the others will be forced to do it too. The owner of Stark has said that the MX bike is just the beginning and they want to have street bikes , and scooters ,etc.  The future of electric is what I am most excited about. But there are many advantages of the current Varg when it is available too. But its not for everybody. I'm excited that the option will exist ,and that it could make a lot of cool things easier to do.  Just look at what the Stacyc's are doing. Little kids moto'ing out in an average backyard. That scales up, with 5 acers and a Varg you could have a legit track to ride with much less pushback from people.   

I do think that a lot of the people that are Pro electric will find out that not all of their ideas of what the electric bikes will be will be what the thought. And also the people that are on the overside will find out that electric bikes do not have as many drawbacks as they thought they may have. I think that everybody should get on or in a fast Electric powered vehicle and try it out before jumping on the Non EV bandwagon. The feel of the power , the way electric just pulls . I feel like anybody that loves to ride, would love to ride an electric MX bike. I'm not saying it will fit every bodies needs.I really think being able to swap out a battery pack quickly would be better than a quick charger at this point.  Since you need higher power to charge fast, which means more expensive equipment . If they could make the battery so that you could buy 3 for what a generator and quick charge system would cost. That would make it easier for most people to get into electric. Since it would make them more useable for off road . Jump packs have gotten so small. I wonder if they will be able to make something jump pack sized that you can plug in and You'll get limited power , but it would give you the range of  a half battery or something . Or give you the ability to choose to limit the power to extend the range .  Maybe a backpack sized or worn extra battery to double the range? 

12/21/2022 3:44pm
Titan1 wrote:
Okay...I won't buy one because I don't want to buy a bike from a start up company that is more likely to fail, than not...the range...

Okay...I won't buy one because I don't want to buy a bike from a start up company that is more likely to fail, than not...the range is way to short.  And they are too expensive (price of the bike, and then add the cost of a generator, even factoring in the reduced maintenance cost)...

Fix those three things (One of the big 5 come out with an ebike-not a start up...increased range-and/or a quick swap battery of some sort...and the price comes down to be more comparable to ICE bikes-including the cost of the generator and/or extra batteries), and as long as the performance (chassis, suspension, handling, ergo's) is on par with the current gen ice bikes...I'll be first in line to buy one.  But as they stand (Alta, and now the Varg) those three things make the reality of me buying an ebike to big of a step backward for me to justify.

#434 wrote:
I can understand your concerns and thought about the same things before I ordered mine. Here’s my take on it: - yeah it’s a risk buying...

I can understand your concerns and thought about the same things before I ordered mine. Here’s my take on it:

- yeah it’s a risk buying from a start up and I don’t want one of the very first production runs. However, I gained confidence when I saw that they hired good guys from other manufacturers, that have experience building up a motorcycle production line (think it was a guy from KTM). Overall, they went to or hired guys with a solid reputation. Frame design was done by this MotoGP frame guru, which name I can’t remember and the battery and motor design was done by guys from this area in Croatia where also Rimac is located. Overall, the engineering looks very good. That outweighed my concerns about being a start up. 
- They claim the range will be the same as a full tank on a 450. That’s probably a bit optimistic looking at the battery size (and a little math), so I expect the range to be equal to 5, max. 6 l of fuel on a 450. Looking at my experience with 450s, that’s totally fine for a training session at the motocross track for me (warm up, 2 15 min motos, bit of play riding). I never took a gas can to the track when I had my YZ450f. For longer days, especially when we go to northern Italy, I probably will choose a track where I can charge the bike. Since lots of tracks here have good infrastructure, they will quickly provide 230V outlets if demand is there. I don’t do off-road stuff, so that doesn’t concern me.

- In another thread I compared the cost of a Varg with a SXF450 and the higher initial price of the bike amortized after about 60 hours by the cost for fuel, oil and air filter alone. The lack of engine maintenance is also something that saves not only time but money in the long run. 

Overall, the concept won me over (also just looking at it as an Engineer). I don’t deny that there’s a chance, that the product will not be as good as advertised, but I was willing to risk 100 bucks to get a delivery date. If the first production bikes don’t deliver (range equal more equal to 3l, seriously overweight, reliability problems) I can still choose to not get the bike and only loose 100 bucks. But if it’s in the ballpark, I think the bike is going to be a blast to ride, with much less maintenance, no vibration (problem for me) and adjustable power to suit my varying fitness level. 

edited: typos

Titan1 wrote:

Gas is more than $4 a gallon for a lot of us. And I would factor what my time is worth getting oil, gas, and doing the extra work on the bike. The larger I build my business, the more my time is worth to me. The value of personal time varies greatly from person to person. I like all types of dirt bikes. Having an Alta for myself and an electric mini for my kid has been a major time saver, but we also have gas bikes too. Now add a home track or two like we did because you can ride without pissing off the neighbors. Even got set up to water the tracks. Electric allows more freedom and riding time for our situation.

Electric isn't something for the guy who only rides once a month. It isn't something for long distances. It isn't something for the poor man who can't afford a new bike anyhow.

If a guy is in a situation where it makes sense to him, the Altas were and Starks are going to be awesome. I can't wait to get mine after owning an Alta for 4 years. The fact that the Starks Suspension comes sprung and valved for your weight is a money saver too as long as the settings are good. 

12/29/2022 5:54am

Royal Enfield's parent co. has just bought 10% of Stark for almost $50m...

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
12/29/2022 6:13am
Titan1 wrote:

#434 wrote:
If I‘d ride off road I wouldn’t consider it too. To the costs: I didn’t factor in a generator bc I won’t need one for the...

If I‘d ride off road I wouldn’t consider it too. To the costs: I didn’t factor in a generator bc I won’t need one for the stuff I do and the given infrastructure a lot of tracks already have around here. And I also have to factor in our gas prices which are at least double to yours. So I think both our calculations are fine, coming from a different start. 
What‘s also a big factor for me is time (which is money sometimes): a lot of the regular maintenance will be gone! No oil change, no air filter change (or cleaning of em), no checking of the valves, not even filling up gas. Cleaning the bike will be simpler since you don’t have to plug an exhaust or change the air filter for a cover (and back). Just spray it down, oil the chain, plug the bike in and that’s it! And no gas cans, bottles of oil, spare filters, spark plugs and all that stuff to clean air filters laying around in the garage. It’s gonna be closer to a bicycle than to MX bike. 

Titan1 wrote:
Without the generator, for me, the break even is about 150 hours.  I don't know of any tracks around here with the infrastructure to have charging...

Without the generator, for me, the break even is about 150 hours.  I don't know of any tracks around here with the infrastructure to have charging stations, so a generator would be an absolute must have around here. 

My absolute favorite thing about my sons ee5 (right behind performance...which is a much bigger deal on a mini-with no clutch and no gears-than on a big bike) is the lack of maintenance...I don't particularly enjoy working on bikes, though I tolerate oil and air filter changes...I sell at 100 hours partly so I don't have to check valves, do top/bottom ends, clutches, etc etc. (but mostly because I like the new bike feel).   I haven't even bought new chains/sprockets in years and years as the stockers will go 100 hours...anyway, the lack of maintenance is a huge selling point for me on the e-bikes, and why I hope the big 5 will come out with one and the range will come up so I can justify one. 

100 hours on stock chain, yikes. 

Titan1
12/29/2022 7:38am
#434 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:
Without the generator, for me, the break even is about 150 hours.  I don't know of any tracks around here with the infrastructure to have charging...

soggy wrote:

Done it on my last three yz450’s…

SGoodman
12/29/2022 8:03am
#434 wrote:
Just listened to Kenny on this weeks PulpShow. Seems like he rode quite a couple of laps with the Varg, with different suspension and so on. ...

Just listened to Kenny on this weeks PulpShow. Seems like he rode quite a couple of laps with the Varg, with different suspension and so on. 
I thought it was interesting when he talked about how easy it was to ride one continuous arc around a turn (compared to a Kawi they had there and he used for comparison). That’s something I noticed watching the footage from the big media test. All the guys round very round around turns, if that makes sense. Curious if that bc of how the bike makes power or bc of the frame geometry and how it handles.

What‘s the experience of the Alta users here?

Sandusky26 wrote:

Might have to do with less rotational mass trying to stand the bike up.

#434 wrote:
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Probably a combination of that and a very smooth throttle roll on. I also wonder if they can set up the rear...

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Probably a combination of that and a very smooth throttle roll on. I also wonder if they can set up the rear suspension differently (more freely) bc the don’t have to deal with rotating masses from an engine, which can introduce quite the pitching movement when engine speeds up (or down). 
That could be a great feature on these shitty hard pack tracks I have ride here in southern Germany. 

No... it's from having no clutch and no shifting... 

12/29/2022 8:15am
#434 wrote:
Just listened to Kenny on this weeks PulpShow. Seems like he rode quite a couple of laps with the Varg, with different suspension and so on. ...

Just listened to Kenny on this weeks PulpShow. Seems like he rode quite a couple of laps with the Varg, with different suspension and so on. 
I thought it was interesting when he talked about how easy it was to ride one continuous arc around a turn (compared to a Kawi they had there and he used for comparison). That’s something I noticed watching the footage from the big media test. All the guys round very round around turns, if that makes sense. Curious if that bc of how the bike makes power or bc of the frame geometry and how it handles.

Kenny saying he felt like he was "floating" through corners is one way to put it. People always tell me how smooth i look in corners on my Alta. Super smooth torquey power and instant response, no clutch, and no gears all are reasons for this. There's no "teeter tottering" of the bike through corners. You can maintain a set throttle position and make minor corrections without the bike lurching on you.

12/29/2022 8:25am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2022 8:28am

Stark just announced a 50million investment for 10% stake by Eicher Motors Ltd, parent company of Royal Enfield.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/stark-future_eicher-motors-ltd-leading-i…

Im just hoping this isnt going to turn into Alta Motors + Harley Davidson v2.0 .

"Eicher Motors Ltd., leading Indian multinational automobile company, and parent company of Royal Enfield, global leader in the mid-weight motorcycles segment (250cc-750cc), today announced a strategic collaboration in the space of electric motorcycles with Spain-based Stark Future SL. As part of this collaboration, the Board of Directors of Eicher Motors Ltd. has today approved an investment of € 50 million for an approximate 10.35% equity stake in Stark Future. With this investment, Eicher Motors Ltd., will have a seat on Stark Future’s Board, and will explore further opportunities to collaborate in the space of electric mobility.    This investment has strategic significance for both Royal Enfield and for Stark Future, as both companies are keenly invested in creating innovative and sustainable solutions in global mobility.    Speaking about Stark Future and this partnership, Eicher Motors Ltd Managing Director, Siddhartha Lal says, “We love the vision, passion and focus of Anton and the amazing team at Stark Future. They have created an absolutely astounding motocross motorcycle - the Stark VARG as their entry into the EV world. We believe that Stark Future has the highest potential for real breakout growth in the EV leisure space with this model, and the potential to use this strong base to extend into other contiguous segments and beyond”   At the helm of affairs at Royal Enfield, B Govindarajan, CEO of the company, feels this is a perfectly symbiotic partnership, and says, “We are very excited to closely collaborate with Stark Future who are as focused as we are on challenging norms, pushing the boundaries and building uniquely differentiated offerings for riders”   Also speaking about this partnership, Stark Future Founder and CEO, Anton Wass says, “We aimed to challenge and inspire the motorcycle industry with the creation of the Stark VARG and by bringing our electric technology from the drawing board to reality. To now partner with one of the very first motorcycle brands in history and be part of their journey towards sustainability is a huge inspiration for us at Stark. We have now worked closely with Sid, Govind and team for a few months, and have been deeply impressed by what they have created in the past 25 years, as well as the mindset and focus to continue to build and develop Royal Enfield into the future of sustainable motorcycling” For further information about Eicher Motors & Royal Enfield please visit their website: www.eichermotors.com and www.royalenfield.com For further information about Stark Future: www.StarkFuture.com, follow on Instagram @starkfutureofficial or connect on Linkedin @ https://lnkd.in/dxy_nvm8 "

12/29/2022 8:26am
#434 wrote:

Kenny saying he felt like he was "floating" through corners is one way to put it. People always tell me how smooth i look in corners...

Kenny saying he felt like he was "floating" through corners is one way to put it. People always tell me how smooth i look in corners on my Alta. Super smooth torquey power and instant response, no clutch, and no gears all are reasons for this. There's no "teeter tottering" of the bike through corners. You can maintain a set throttle position and make minor corrections without the bike lurching on you.

I sounds similar to cornering enduros with a very broad and smooth powerband. Love that feeling! Can’t wait until my Varg arrives. 

12/29/2022 8:28am
Sandusky26 wrote:

Might have to do with less rotational mass trying to stand the bike up.

#434 wrote:
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Probably a combination of that and a very smooth throttle roll on. I also wonder if they can set up the rear...

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Probably a combination of that and a very smooth throttle roll on. I also wonder if they can set up the rear suspension differently (more freely) bc the don’t have to deal with rotating masses from an engine, which can introduce quite the pitching movement when engine speeds up (or down). 
That could be a great feature on these shitty hard pack tracks I have ride here in southern Germany. 

SGoodman wrote:

No... it's from having no clutch and no shifting... 

So you do a lot of shifting in the corners?

Tuplavee
12/29/2022 8:45am

Dont know what to think about Roal Enfields purchase. Vargs and Endfields seem totally opposites of each other.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/29/2022 9:07am
Titan1 wrote:

soggy wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

I read it like soggy did and thought, dude how?! That’s impressive. I haven’t been able to get more than 20 out of stock sprockets on any brand I’ve owned and that’s with constant cleaning and lubrication. Tip of the hat to you sir

JK BRO
Fantasy
1342nd
12/29/2022 9:28am
Stark just announced a 50million investment for 10% stake by Eicher Motors Ltd, parent company of Royal Enfield. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/stark-future_eicher-motors-ltd-leading-indian-multinational-activity-7014215249528545280-iskm?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android Im just hoping this isnt going to...

Stark just announced a 50million investment for 10% stake by Eicher Motors Ltd, parent company of Royal Enfield.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/stark-future_eicher-motors-ltd-leading-i…

Im just hoping this isnt going to turn into Alta Motors + Harley Davidson v2.0 .

"Eicher Motors Ltd., leading Indian multinational automobile company, and parent company of Royal Enfield, global leader in the mid-weight motorcycles segment (250cc-750cc), today announced a strategic collaboration in the space of electric motorcycles with Spain-based Stark Future SL. As part of this collaboration, the Board of Directors of Eicher Motors Ltd. has today approved an investment of € 50 million for an approximate 10.35% equity stake in Stark Future. With this investment, Eicher Motors Ltd., will have a seat on Stark Future’s Board, and will explore further opportunities to collaborate in the space of electric mobility.    This investment has strategic significance for both Royal Enfield and for Stark Future, as both companies are keenly invested in creating innovative and sustainable solutions in global mobility.    Speaking about Stark Future and this partnership, Eicher Motors Ltd Managing Director, Siddhartha Lal says, “We love the vision, passion and focus of Anton and the amazing team at Stark Future. They have created an absolutely astounding motocross motorcycle - the Stark VARG as their entry into the EV world. We believe that Stark Future has the highest potential for real breakout growth in the EV leisure space with this model, and the potential to use this strong base to extend into other contiguous segments and beyond”   At the helm of affairs at Royal Enfield, B Govindarajan, CEO of the company, feels this is a perfectly symbiotic partnership, and says, “We are very excited to closely collaborate with Stark Future who are as focused as we are on challenging norms, pushing the boundaries and building uniquely differentiated offerings for riders”   Also speaking about this partnership, Stark Future Founder and CEO, Anton Wass says, “We aimed to challenge and inspire the motorcycle industry with the creation of the Stark VARG and by bringing our electric technology from the drawing board to reality. To now partner with one of the very first motorcycle brands in history and be part of their journey towards sustainability is a huge inspiration for us at Stark. We have now worked closely with Sid, Govind and team for a few months, and have been deeply impressed by what they have created in the past 25 years, as well as the mindset and focus to continue to build and develop Royal Enfield into the future of sustainable motorcycling” For further information about Eicher Motors & Royal Enfield please visit their website: www.eichermotors.com and www.royalenfield.com For further information about Stark Future: www.StarkFuture.com, follow on Instagram @starkfutureofficial or connect on Linkedin @ https://lnkd.in/dxy_nvm8 "

Stark needed some financial help. 10.35% is a good share of equity and secured Eicher Motors a seat on the board.

Quality goes down, production goes up.

Mr. Afterbar
12/29/2022 10:39am
Titan1 wrote:

I would love to know how. I’ve bought all the best chains and am anal about maintenance. Mine last 15-20 hours. 

2/24/2023 1:41pm
Nate_Z wrote:
Lol, excited to see customer #1 actually ride his Varg, but just a video of him on his Alta...

Lol, excited to see customer #1 actually ride his Varg, but just a video of him on his Alta...

I'm excited too. Hoping to take delivery of my Stark in March.

That’s getting close.  Considering it had to cross the ocean, clear customs, then ship by truck/train to you or your dealer, I imagine it must be well on its way now.  Have you received your delivery date yet?

RaceFace232
2/24/2023 6:15pm
Titan1 wrote:

I would love to know how. I’ve bought all the best chains and am anal about maintenance. Mine last 15-20 hours. 

I shudder to think what the swingarm bearings and linkage looks like when the chain goes 100 hours.  The poor bastard who buys these used bikes.

RaceFace232
2/24/2023 6:16pm
Nate_Z wrote:

That’s getting close.  Considering it had to cross the ocean, clear customs, then ship by truck/train to you or your dealer, I imagine it must be...

That’s getting close.  Considering it had to cross the ocean, clear customs, then ship by truck/train to you or your dealer, I imagine it must be well on its way now.  Have you received your delivery date yet?

No one have info saying what the latest delay date will be?

2/24/2023 6:22pm

That’s getting close.  Considering it had to cross the ocean, clear customs, then ship by truck/train to you or your dealer, I imagine it must be...

No one have info saying what the latest delay date will be?

No new delays have been issued since last fall.Screenshot 20230224-212106-794.png?VersionId=aCffp7T9.

2/24/2023 8:29pm
#434 wrote:

Kenny saying he felt like he was "floating" through corners is one way to put it. People always tell me how smooth i look in corners...

#434 wrote:

I sounds similar to cornering enduros with a very broad and smooth powerband. Love that feeling! Can’t wait until my Varg arrives. 

Get on an XR75 Honda, then you will know what it's like to carve a corner!

Post a reply to: Discussion for those that have ordered a Stark Varg..everyone else go away!

The Latest