last gen RMs

10/29/2014 6:54pm
Bruce372 wrote:
very, very good results.
Was it worth the price tag
Aide785
Posts
17
Joined
3/14/2012
Location
CA
10/29/2014 7:05pm
My '06.

10/29/2014 7:08pm
Aide785 wrote:
My '06. [IMG]http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad341/Burketon/12629b0b773c18f500f4e9aa44da8641.jpg[/IMG]
My '06.

Sweet what kind of hubs
JW269
Posts
131
Joined
11/1/2013
Location
Kalamazoo, MI, USA
10/29/2014 7:10pm
My 06, and a friends 01 in the second photo





The Shop

Aide785
Posts
17
Joined
3/14/2012
Location
CA
10/29/2014 7:21pm
Aide785 wrote:
My '06. [IMG]http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad341/Burketon/12629b0b773c18f500f4e9aa44da8641.jpg[/IMG]
My '06.

Sweet what kind of hubs
They are just the stock ones powder coated. Turned out better than I expected them to to be honest.

benj4030
Posts
84
Joined
1/2/2014
Location
CA
10/29/2014 7:37pm
very nice rm's on this tread.. here's my contribution
my rm 125 05 freshly rebuilded almost finish...

10/29/2014 10:00pm Edited Date/Time 10/29/2014 10:02pm

It's not a museum piece, but here's my 97. I stupidly sold it two months ago and the idiot seized it up two days later. It was a giant piece of shit when I got it, but when I was done it was a reliable and nice running bike. Wish to god I'd kept it. I love RM250's.
10/29/2014 10:05pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/29/69071/s1200_2014_09_24_22.31.40.jpg[/img] It's not a museum piece, but here's my 97. I stupidly sold it two months ago and the idiot seized it up two days later...

It's not a museum piece, but here's my 97. I stupidly sold it two months ago and the idiot seized it up two days later. It was a giant piece of shit when I got it, but when I was done it was a reliable and nice running bike. Wish to god I'd kept it. I love RM250's.
Did you offer to buy it back ?
10/29/2014 10:07pm
Aide785 wrote:
My '06. [IMG]http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad341/Burketon/12629b0b773c18f500f4e9aa44da8641.jpg[/IMG]
My '06.

Sweet what kind of hubs
Aide785 wrote:
They are just the stock ones powder coated. Turned out better than I expected them to to be honest. [IMG]http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad341/Burketon/2f05f130454974564cd18bc878da2cdd.jpg[/IMG]
They are just the stock ones powder coated. Turned out better than I expected them to to be honest.

Those hubs look excellent I think Im going to do that to mine what color did you choose I would assume it had to have a chrome base coat and then something like candy blue
HenryA
Posts
3783
Joined
12/29/2011
Location
Stockholm, SE
10/30/2014 5:19am
Nic's RM is really something special!

My personal favorite when it comes to last gen RM is this:


sende
Posts
2394
Joined
1/15/2013
Location
FI
10/30/2014 7:11am
HenryA wrote:
Nic's RM is really something special! My personal favorite when it comes to last gen RM is this: [IMG]https://www.n0.se/f/f/27943_pastrana.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6097/6238615726_95d5a95c74_o.jpg[/IMG]
Nic's RM is really something special!

My personal favorite when it comes to last gen RM is this:


I agree.
While I think that yellow is the best colour for a dirt bike, white kinda suits RM's too.
10/30/2014 8:15am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2014 8:17am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/29/69071/s1200_2014_09_24_22.31.40.jpg[/img] It's not a museum piece, but here's my 97. I stupidly sold it two months ago and the idiot seized it up two days later...

It's not a museum piece, but here's my 97. I stupidly sold it two months ago and the idiot seized it up two days later. It was a giant piece of shit when I got it, but when I was done it was a reliable and nice running bike. Wish to god I'd kept it. I love RM250's.
Did you offer to buy it back ?
Yep. He wants $1000 for it. I sold it to HIM for $900 lol. He Also Is Trying To Sell It As An 03.
10/30/2014 8:19am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/29/69071/s1200_2014_09_24_22.31.40.jpg[/img] It's not a museum piece, but here's my 97. I stupidly sold it two months ago and the idiot seized it up two days later...

It's not a museum piece, but here's my 97. I stupidly sold it two months ago and the idiot seized it up two days later. It was a giant piece of shit when I got it, but when I was done it was a reliable and nice running bike. Wish to god I'd kept it. I love RM250's.
Did you offer to buy it back ?
Yep. He wants $1000 for it. I sold it to HIM for $900 lol. He Also Is Trying To Sell It As An 03.
What a dipshit offer 200
JBlain619
Posts
1855
Joined
6/10/2010
Location
Severna Park, MD, USA
10/30/2014 8:34am
HenryA wrote:
Nic's RM is really something special! My personal favorite when it comes to last gen RM is this: [IMG]https://www.n0.se/f/f/27943_pastrana.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6097/6238615726_95d5a95c74_o.jpg[/IMG]
Nic's RM is really something special!

My personal favorite when it comes to last gen RM is this:


sende wrote:
I agree.
While I think that yellow is the best colour for a dirt bike, white kinda suits RM's too.
Anyone know what frame guards those are? I'd like to have a set fpor my '02 rebuild. Anyone know where i can find some carbon fibre ones?
JBlain619
Posts
1855
Joined
6/10/2010
Location
Severna Park, MD, USA
10/30/2014 8:38am
Have you seen this one from the bikecheck section? http://www.vitalmx.com/community/quiknic,13154/setup,43991?page=2 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/29/69004/s1200_s780_Suzuki_RM250_Build2014_025.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/29/69005/s1200_s1600_Suzuki_RM250_Build2014_026.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/29/69006/s1200_s1600_Suzuki_RM250_Build2014_028.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/29/69007/s1200_s1600_Suzuki_RM250_Build2014_036.jpg[/img]
Have you seen this one from the bikecheck section? http://www.vitalmx.com/community/quiknic,13154/setup,43991?page=2






This thing is soooooo BADDASS!
DJS721
Posts
149
Joined
1/1/2014
Location
North Am Erica, OH, USA
10/30/2014 9:05am
DJS721 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/29/69039/s1200_IMG_1687.jpg[/img] My 2002 250, picked this up last fall brand new from a dealer in PA, one of my favorite all time bikes


My 2002 250, picked this up last fall brand new from a dealer in PA, one of my favorite all time bikes

They have any more?
I would have bought two if they had them! Rare find, not often you get into a new bike for half the cabbage of a new KTM250SX
quadmx301
Posts
506
Joined
9/23/2014
Location
Murrieta, CA, USA
10/30/2014 9:11am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2014 9:12am






My 2004 RM 250. More details are in my bike check. It's on its second rebuild. Bought it from the original owner with about 25-30 hours on it total at the end of 2013, fully rebuilt it, and put 22.4 hours on it over the last year (as of 10/29/14).

I've never had a bike so dialed in before... The motor is perfect with the PC pipe and Boyesen reeds. Suspension is excellent and set up perfectly for outdoor MX as well as tighter tracks. This bike is one that I will never sell; In 3-4 years, I'll probably try to pick up a KTM 250sx to take its place, and then I'll frame it, fog the motor, and display it in my man cave.

I'm building a Chevy Trucks factory replica 2002 KX125 now, I may end up selling that to fund the purchase of an RM125 Smile depends how it turns out!
10/30/2014 9:13am
I too....liked TP's last look while racing the smoker.

O___o
Posts
730
Joined
9/25/2014
Location
CA
10/30/2014 10:29am
quadmx301 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/30/69097/s1200_04_RM250_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/30/69098/s1200_04_RM250_2.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/30/69099/s1200_04_RM_250_3.jpg[/img] My 2004 RM 250. More details are in my bike check. It's on its second rebuild. Bought it from the original owner with...






My 2004 RM 250. More details are in my bike check. It's on its second rebuild. Bought it from the original owner with about 25-30 hours on it total at the end of 2013, fully rebuilt it, and put 22.4 hours on it over the last year (as of 10/29/14).

I've never had a bike so dialed in before... The motor is perfect with the PC pipe and Boyesen reeds. Suspension is excellent and set up perfectly for outdoor MX as well as tighter tracks. This bike is one that I will never sell; In 3-4 years, I'll probably try to pick up a KTM 250sx to take its place, and then I'll frame it, fog the motor, and display it in my man cave.

I'm building a Chevy Trucks factory replica 2002 KX125 now, I may end up selling that to fund the purchase of an RM125 Smile depends how it turns out!
I love the clean OEM look. If this look would gain popularity it would put a lot of fly-by-night graphics companies out of business.
kwhite199
Posts
492
Joined
12/4/2007
Location
USA
10/30/2014 11:51am


Here is my '04 RM250. I just wish I had more time to ride!
MXVet261
Posts
743
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Valley City, OH, USA
10/30/2014 12:58pm
Wow lots of great looking RM's in here! I'll add my 2006 RM144 to the batch.



edgo897
Posts
579
Joined
1/3/2010
Location
Land O Lakes, FL, USA
10/30/2014 1:26pm



RM250AF homemade.
#991
Posts
1685
Joined
8/7/2013
Location
Melbourne, AU
10/30/2014 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2015 3:28am
HenryA wrote:
Nic's RM is really something special! My personal favorite when it comes to last gen RM is this: [IMG]https://www.n0.se/f/f/27943_pastrana.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6097/6238615726_95d5a95c74_o.jpg[/IMG]
Nic's RM is really something special!

My personal favorite when it comes to last gen RM is this:


sende wrote:
I agree.
While I think that yellow is the best colour for a dirt bike, white kinda suits RM's too.
JBlain619 wrote:
Anyone know what frame guards those are? I'd like to have a set fpor my '02 rebuild. Anyone know where i can find some carbon fibre...
Anyone know what frame guards those are? I'd like to have a set fpor my '02 rebuild. Anyone know where i can find some carbon fibre ones?
...
#991
Posts
1685
Joined
8/7/2013
Location
Melbourne, AU
10/30/2014 3:00pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2015 3:28am
...
moto38
Posts
106
Joined
2/23/2014
Location
Smithfield, VA, USA
10/30/2014 3:27pm
#991 wrote:
...
Hnnnngggggggg

I think you put that front brake line on upside down
#991
Posts
1685
Joined
8/7/2013
Location
Melbourne, AU
10/30/2014 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2015 3:29am
#991 wrote:
...
moto38 wrote:
Hnnnngggggggg

I think you put that front brake line on upside down
...
moto38
Posts
106
Joined
2/23/2014
Location
Smithfield, VA, USA
10/30/2014 5:14pm
#991 wrote:
...
I am not Smile there is a difference in the lengths of the red portions of the brake line, and the longer portiin is connected to the master cylinder, and the shorter portion is connected to the caliper
#991
Posts
1685
Joined
8/7/2013
Location
Melbourne, AU
10/30/2014 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2015 3:29am
#991 wrote:
...
moto38 wrote:
I am not :) there is a difference in the lengths of the red portions of the brake line, and the longer portiin is connected to...
I am not Smile there is a difference in the lengths of the red portions of the brake line, and the longer portiin is connected to the master cylinder, and the shorter portion is connected to the caliper
...
#991
Posts
1685
Joined
8/7/2013
Location
Melbourne, AU
10/30/2014 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2015 3:30am
#991 wrote:
...
moto38 wrote:
I am not :) there is a difference in the lengths of the red portions of the brake line, and the longer portiin is connected to...
I am not Smile there is a difference in the lengths of the red portions of the brake line, and the longer portiin is connected to the master cylinder, and the shorter portion is connected to the caliper
#991 wrote:
...
...

Post a reply to: last gen RMs

The Latest