Your thoughts on Team Puerto Rico

Related:
Create New Tag

8/11/2018 2:40 PM

Team Puerto Rico

View Results

|

8/11/2018 2:42 PM

Honestly I don’t mind it, it’s kinda cool. But it would have been cooler to send a “B” team of riders like Baggett, A mart, Anderson, etc. personally I would enjoy that more.

|

8/11/2018 3:19 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

Honestly I don’t mind it, it’s kinda cool. But it would have been cooler to send a “B” team of riders like Baggett, A mart, Anderson, etc. personally I would enjoy that more.

It’s way cooler to use it to raise money that will actually help Puerto Rico than to use it as a US ”B” team.

|

8/11/2018 3:28 PM

Ronnie Mac... 2 strokes... sounds pretty cool to me!

|

8/11/2018 3:31 PM

Kx125rider wrote:

I think the circus has come to Des Nations. Don’t get me wrong I love Travis but this will be a circus act. Not the place.

|

8/11/2018 3:45 PM

How does this possibly 'Raise' Money for Puerto Rico??

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

8/11/2018 3:46 PM

Superdave19 wrote:

How does this possibly 'Raise' Money for Puerto Rico??

T-shirts & hat sales? GoFundMe?

No idea.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/11/2018 3:55 PM

Are we sure the Internet isn't drunk??

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

8/11/2018 3:55 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

It’s way cooler to use it to raise money that will actually help Puerto Rico than to use it as a US ”B” team.

Oh they are raising money? Forget what I said then! Disregard!

|

8/11/2018 4:17 PM

Let's be real here... Pastrana is a pro and won't be wearing a cape, Sipes will be normal and Albertson won't have a sawed off and visorless helmet, the ""I eat ass" sticker won't be there either. 2 strokes will be doing much of the talking.Gonna be fun and the biggest stage could use a shake up.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

8/11/2018 4:27 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

craigathan404 wrote:

Oh they are raising money? Forget what I said then! Disregard!

Same, didn’t know that.

|

8/11/2018 4:28 PM

I don't even know what is real anymore...

|

8/11/2018 4:58 PM

I'm torn between #3 and #4. I do really like the idea, and the 2 stroke novelty, but if Jimmy goes as Ronnie Mac it is certainly teetering on wrestling or monster truck territory. There isn't anything wrong with that, but at the same time I haven't seen Hulk Hogan or John Cena at the olympics.

|

Nick
-2015 Grom grocery getter
-2011 Road King Classic
-2010 WR250X supermoto

8/11/2018 5:28 PM

They will probably auction off their bikes, gear, etc.

Then to top it off probably shirts, stickers, random stuff like coozies, idk. That’s my best guess.

|

8/11/2018 5:29 PM

One word: Dumb.

|

8/11/2018 5:37 PM

I'm out of the loop, who os riding for them? My guess is ronnie mac, pastrana and...

|

8/11/2018 5:45 PM

rollin64caddy wrote:

I'm out of the loop, who os riding for them? My guess is ronnie mac, pastrana and...

Ryan Sipes.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/11/2018 5:46 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

Then to top it off probably shirts, stickers, random stuff like coozies, idk. That’s my best guess.

Website says they're selling merch and asking for donations. No mention of selling the bikes or gear. Regardless, even if they raise just a few thousand bucks thatll help a few families. They're also reminding people that PR STILL needs help from the hurricane. I call it a win win. I just hope ronnie mac shows up serious and not on a ragged out cr with cut up fenders doing air boners every other jump.

|

8/11/2018 5:56 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

colintrax wrote:

Website says they're selling merch and asking for donations. No mention of selling the bikes or gear. Regardless, even if they raise just a few thousand bucks thatll help a few families. They're also reminding people that PR STILL needs help from the hurricane. I call it a win win. I just hope ronnie mac shows up serious and not on a ragged out cr with cut up fenders doing air boners every other jump.

Surely there’s a rule against showing up on a 30 y/o bike? I’m loving that they will all be on 2 strokes. Surely will be interesting to see how they do and it’s a great cause they are fundraising for.

|

8/11/2018 6:03 PM

All of these guys are pro riders and if they train their asses off they should be competitive for one race.

|

8/11/2018 6:07 PM

You guys saying it's a joke forget about all the yearly rule changes that where pulled in the 80's to try and keep the u.s. from winning.

|

8/11/2018 6:14 PM

What happens when or if Pastrana gets hurt preparing for the race. I think this is a big ask if he is serious and they want to make the A main.

|

8/11/2018 6:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2018 6:42 PM

|

8/11/2018 6:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2018 6:38 PM

Ramrod wrote:

What happens when or if Pastrana gets hurt preparing for the race. I think this is a big ask if he is serious and they want to make the A main.

What happens if anybody from a team gets hurt, etc.? They deal with it and the others do the best they can.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

8/11/2018 6:43 PM

Ramrod wrote:

It's not a big risk. Just imagine the amount of publicity and money this will bring in.

|

8/11/2018 7:41 PM

what happened to the rule of having one rider that is actually from Puerto Rico ?

|

8/11/2018 8:01 PM

500guy wrote:

what happened to the rule of having one rider that is actually from Puerto Rico ?

Maybe Ronnie was born in PR? I mean... has anyone seen a birth certificate?

|

8/11/2018 8:01 PM

500guy wrote:

We’re from Puerto Rico, and Puerto Rican’s are from USA. Get it?

|

8/11/2018 8:07 PM

Hey....if Jamaica can run a bobsled in the Olympics.........
|

8/11/2018 8:09 PM

I don't get this team. But whatever.....

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja