Tomac/Webb

Related:
Create New Tag

3/10/2018 5:12 PM

We All know that Webb was blocking Tomac and when Tomac gives Webb a little to much wheel RC and Emig are crying. RC is All about the Blowout passes in AX, where's the Love in SX? Emig, ....well , that's just Emig.

|

3/10/2018 5:16 PM

Agree 100%. Jeff hadn’t complained about worse. You could feel Tomac’s frustration and you could see Webb cross jumping and doing that stupid whip in his face over every jump.

|

3/10/2018 5:49 PM

Tomac pulled a rookie move...I love that Webb took his time and made sure his bike stayed running.

Bradshaw would be proud

|

3/10/2018 5:50 PM

Webb standing on Tomac's rear wheel brought a tear to Alessi's eye.

|

3/10/2018 5:57 PM

KMC440 wrote:

Pmsl man that’s good hahahahaha

|

3/10/2018 6:18 PM

reynardfan1 wrote:

Tomac pulled a rookie move...I love that Webb took his time and made sure his bike stayed running.

Bradshaw would be proud

That’s the second time you brought up Bradshaw regarding this I noticed. Bradshaw was a beast and there’s a difference between riding aggressively while moving to the front and riding like a dick defensively when you are off the pace. Your disdain of Tomac is seeping through your posts.

PS: I like Webb but pulling those moves when you are off the pace is weak IMO.

|

3/10/2018 6:20 PM

reynardfan1 wrote:

Bradshaw would be proud

With that being said I agree that it was a rookie move lol

|

3/11/2018 8:17 AM

reynardfan1 wrote:

Bradshaw would be proud

Oldstyle wrote:

That’s the second time you brought up Bradshaw regarding this I noticed. Bradshaw was a beast and there’s a difference between ...more

My point was simply that Hannah and Bradshaw both didn’t give a crap who was faster or behind them...they would fight and block until the other guy got past or they broke their momentum...

It’s racing that’s all

I hate the parade mentality

|

3/11/2018 8:33 AM

The post race interview was comical between the two. Tomac flat out said he got pissed off and was going for the take out haha.

|

3/11/2018 8:42 AM

Fourth_Floor wrote:

The post race interview was comical between the two. Tomac flat out said he got pissed off and was going for the take out ...more

Where did you see that post race interview ? because they weren't on the podium ?

|

3/11/2018 8:43 AM

reynardfan1 wrote:

My point was simply that Hannah and Bradshaw both didn’t give a crap who was faster or behind them...they would fight and ...more

The difference is heat versus main event. Webb knew he was off the pace of Tomac - it's why he was knowingly cross jumping into his lines trying to block. The missing link in this discussion is It was just a heat race, not a main event. The smart move for Webb (instead of road blocking) would have been to let him pass to see his lines, try to keep up, and find out where he was losing the race pace to be better prepared for the main event.

In my mind, neither rider showed maturity or good race craft. Tomac - lack of patience and taking frustration out on Webb. Webb showed lack of acknowledgment he was off the pace and that he could have learned something from watching Tomac's lines.

Had this been in the main event, I would have a different opinion.

|

3/11/2018 8:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2018 9:01 AM

The only move that could be considered dirty here would be Tomac's.
Webb's prior moves could be described as anything but dirty.

A dirty, needless move on a heat race! Incredible.

|

3/11/2018 8:45 AM

reynardfan1 wrote:

Bradshaw would be proud

Oldstyle wrote:

That’s the second time you brought up Bradshaw regarding this I noticed. Bradshaw was a beast and there’s a difference between ...more

reynardfan1 wrote:

My point was simply that Hannah and Bradshaw both didn’t give a crap who was faster or behind them...they would fight and ...more

Bingo. Hannah and Bradshaw weren't out there to make friends. They were there to beat their competition by whatever means necessary. Professional racing. No participation trophies. No politically correct etiquette on the track. NFG. This sport could use a few good rivalries today.

|

3/11/2018 8:46 AM

OFWGKTA wrote:

Where did you see that post race interview ? because they weren't on the podium ?

https://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Justin-Brayton-My-first-win-at-Daytona-I-never-would-have-expected-that,16725/GuyB,64
|

3/11/2018 9:06 AM

easydoesit wrote:

The only move that could be considered dirty here would be Tomac's.
Webb's prior moves could be described as anything but ...more

Don't keep all the good drugs to yourself now.

|

3/11/2018 9:31 AM

Oldstyle wrote:

reynardfan1 wrote:

olds cool wrote:

Bingo. Hannah and Bradshaw weren't out there to make friends. They were there to beat their competition by whatever means ...more

Hannah and Bradshaw weren't cross jumping other racers in 40mph rhythm sections at a modern SX. They were blocking/ ramming other riders in slower corners on 80's, early 90's style tracks.

Kind of an apples to oranges argument actually.

|

3/11/2018 9:38 AM

KMC440 wrote:

I found it fitting that Tony was celebrating on the podium on a night that we saw Webb standing on Tomacs bike and nobody gave two shits about it. I would have so loved to see him reach for the kill switch

|

3/11/2018 11:01 AM

reynardfan1 wrote:

olds cool wrote:

Bingo. Hannah and Bradshaw weren't out there to make friends. They were there to beat their competition by whatever means ...more

avidchimp wrote:

Hannah and Bradshaw weren't cross jumping other racers in 40mph rhythm sections at a modern SX. They were blocking/ ramming ...more

If they were racing today, do you think they wouldn't?

|

3/13/2018 4:38 AM

I've asked this before but didn't get an answer

So Webb got pissy and all tough guy with Musquin and threatened to 'learn him a lesson' for cross jumping (which I saw no evidence of) but now he admits to doing it and calls it racing?

Just another reason why I think he's a complete tool.. People making out he's a tough guy make me laugh

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

3/13/2018 6:17 AM

Not really a good idea to poke the bear when you can't out run the bear.

|

2018 CRF250R

3/13/2018 7:00 AM

feelit2morrow wrote:

One of my all-time favourite movie quotes from Without A Paddle

"Why are you taking off your shoes"

"I run faster without shoes"

"You can't outrun that bear"

"I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you!"

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2003 KTM 125SX
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

3/13/2018 8:09 AM

olds cool wrote:

Better question. How do you feel about me cross jumping you?

|

3/13/2018 9:30 AM

jemcee wrote:

So Webb got pissy and all tough guy with Musquin and threatened to 'learn ...more

Webb is about as tough as Charmin toilet paper.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

3/13/2018 10:27 AM

jemcee wrote:

So Webb got pissy and all tough guy with Musquin and threatened to 'learn ...more

Marvin did cross jump a lot, and still does at times. I agree that cross jumping is bs and super dangerous.

That being said, why the hell would Webb do it after being so pissed at Marv? I probably would have done the same thing if I were Tomac. This sport is dangerous enough already, add in a guy crossing the track mid air on a 250lb dirt bike and you've just made it a hell of a lot worse. Some guys will claim the, "well he's in front and can go wherever he wants, it's the guy behind him's responsibility to watch for it." I agree with that when it comes to a straightaway, whoops or corners. Over jumps? Hell no! It's not a matter of if you hurt someone/yourself, it's a matter of when. And two guys dropping out of the sky mid triple or rhythm section would be ugly!!!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/13/2018 10:36 AM

olds cool wrote:

Hannah would be too busy complaining about the jumps. Bradshaw would just do his own shit like he always did. I get that you are stuck in the past but Webb's moves were completely uncalled for and dangerous considering the circumstances

|

3/13/2018 11:45 AM

feelit2morrow wrote:

Such a good analogy here. Still reading.

|

3/13/2018 2:36 PM

Jeff alessi wrote:

Such a good analogy here. Still reading.

Hey thanks man! Big fan by the way. I thought it was awesome watching you win the overall in the 450 class at Hangtown in 09.

|

2018 CRF250R

3/13/2018 2:39 PM

Fuck Tomac.

|

3/13/2018 2:45 PM

jemcee wrote:

Webb is NOT a tough guy. He's a bully who can dish it out and cries when he gets it back.

Also.........we have a Vital memeber here named Fist Urself??ermm Wow.

|

3/13/2018 3:19 PM

dirtnapper wrote:

Webb is NOT a tough guy. He's a bully who can dish it out and cries when he gets it back.

Also.........we have a Vital ...more

Agree with ya, although, Webb was fun to watch when he was on the 250. I guess it's just me, but the ear tuck doesn't help with the....tough guy look. ( Fist Urself and gerg right above got class, lol.) unsure whistling

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.