Tomac/Webb

WFO
Posts
601
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Terrell, TX, USA
We All know that Webb was blocking Tomac and when Tomac gives Webb a little to much wheel RC and Emig are crying. RC is All about the Blowout passes in AX, where's the Love in SX? Emig, ....well , that's just Emig.
|
3/10/2018 5:16pm
Agree 100%. Jeff hadn’t complained about worse. You could feel Tomac’s frustration and you could see Webb cross jumping and doing that stupid whip in his face over every jump.
reynardfan1
Posts
825
Joined
7/28/2014
Location
Gretna, NE, USA
3/10/2018 5:49pm
Tomac pulled a rookie move...I love that Webb took his time and made sure his bike stayed running.

Bradshaw would be proud
KMC440
Posts
7764
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
3/10/2018 5:50pm
Webb standing on Tomac's rear wheel brought a tear to Alessi's eye.
Helder
Posts
1044
Joined
5/16/2015
Location
AU
3/10/2018 5:57pm
KMC440 wrote:
Webb standing on Tomac's rear wheel brought a tear to Alessi's eye.
Pmsl man that’s good hahahahaha

The Shop

3/10/2018 6:18pm
Tomac pulled a rookie move...I love that Webb took his time and made sure his bike stayed running.

Bradshaw would be proud
That’s the second time you brought up Bradshaw regarding this I noticed. Bradshaw was a beast and there’s a difference between riding aggressively while moving to the front and riding like a dick defensively when you are off the pace. Your disdain of Tomac is seeping through your posts.

PS: I like Webb but pulling those moves when you are off the pace is weak IMO.
3/10/2018 6:20pm
Tomac pulled a rookie move...I love that Webb took his time and made sure his bike stayed running.

Bradshaw would be proud
With that being said I agree that it was a rookie move lol
reynardfan1
Posts
825
Joined
7/28/2014
Location
Gretna, NE, USA
3/11/2018 8:17am
Tomac pulled a rookie move...I love that Webb took his time and made sure his bike stayed running.

Bradshaw would be proud
Oldstyle wrote:
That’s the second time you brought up Bradshaw regarding this I noticed. Bradshaw was a beast and there’s a difference between riding aggressively while moving to...
That’s the second time you brought up Bradshaw regarding this I noticed. Bradshaw was a beast and there’s a difference between riding aggressively while moving to the front and riding like a dick defensively when you are off the pace. Your disdain of Tomac is seeping through your posts.

PS: I like Webb but pulling those moves when you are off the pace is weak IMO.
My point was simply that Hannah and Bradshaw both didn’t give a crap who was faster or behind them...they would fight and block until the other guy got past or they broke their momentum...

It’s racing that’s all

I hate the parade mentality
Fourth_Floor
Posts
978
Joined
7/13/2016
Location
Saint Marys, PA, USA
3/11/2018 8:33am
The post race interview was comical between the two. Tomac flat out said he got pissed off and was going for the take out haha.
OFWGKTA
Posts
34
Joined
11/4/2015
Location
FR
3/11/2018 8:42am
The post race interview was comical between the two. Tomac flat out said he got pissed off and was going for the take out haha.
Where did you see that post race interview ? because they weren't on the podium ?
3/11/2018 8:43am
My point was simply that Hannah and Bradshaw both didn’t give a crap who was faster or behind them...they would fight and block until the other...
My point was simply that Hannah and Bradshaw both didn’t give a crap who was faster or behind them...they would fight and block until the other guy got past or they broke their momentum...

It’s racing that’s all

I hate the parade mentality
The difference is heat versus main event. Webb knew he was off the pace of Tomac - it's why he was knowingly cross jumping into his lines trying to block. The missing link in this discussion is It was just a heat race, not a main event. The smart move for Webb (instead of road blocking) would have been to let him pass to see his lines, try to keep up, and find out where he was losing the race pace to be better prepared for the main event.

In my mind, neither rider showed maturity or good race craft. Tomac - lack of patience and taking frustration out on Webb. Webb showed lack of acknowledgment he was off the pace and that he could have learned something from watching Tomac's lines.

Had this been in the main event, I would have a different opinion.
easydoesit
Posts
101
Joined
12/24/2016
Location
Homestead, FL, USA
3/11/2018 8:44am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2018 9:01am
The only move that could be considered dirty here would be Tomac's.
Webb's prior moves could be described as anything but dirty.

A dirty, needless move on a heat race! Incredible.
olds cool
Posts
4285
Joined
1/17/2010
Location
Claremont, NC, USA
3/11/2018 8:45am
Tomac pulled a rookie move...I love that Webb took his time and made sure his bike stayed running.

Bradshaw would be proud
Oldstyle wrote:
That’s the second time you brought up Bradshaw regarding this I noticed. Bradshaw was a beast and there’s a difference between riding aggressively while moving to...
That’s the second time you brought up Bradshaw regarding this I noticed. Bradshaw was a beast and there’s a difference between riding aggressively while moving to the front and riding like a dick defensively when you are off the pace. Your disdain of Tomac is seeping through your posts.

PS: I like Webb but pulling those moves when you are off the pace is weak IMO.
My point was simply that Hannah and Bradshaw both didn’t give a crap who was faster or behind them...they would fight and block until the other...
My point was simply that Hannah and Bradshaw both didn’t give a crap who was faster or behind them...they would fight and block until the other guy got past or they broke their momentum...

It’s racing that’s all

I hate the parade mentality
Bingo. Hannah and Bradshaw weren't out there to make friends. They were there to beat their competition by whatever means necessary. Professional racing. No participation trophies. No politically correct etiquette on the track. NFG. This sport could use a few good rivalries today.
3/11/2018 9:06am
easydoesit wrote:
The only move that could be considered dirty here would be Tomac's. Webb's prior moves could be described as anything but dirty. A dirty, needless move...
The only move that could be considered dirty here would be Tomac's.
Webb's prior moves could be described as anything but dirty.

A dirty, needless move on a heat race! Incredible.
Don't keep all the good drugs to yourself now.
avidchimp
Posts
5863
Joined
7/9/2008
Location
EGL, MN, USA
3/11/2018 9:31am
Oldstyle wrote:
That’s the second time you brought up Bradshaw regarding this I noticed. Bradshaw was a beast and there’s a difference between riding aggressively while moving to...
That’s the second time you brought up Bradshaw regarding this I noticed. Bradshaw was a beast and there’s a difference between riding aggressively while moving to the front and riding like a dick defensively when you are off the pace. Your disdain of Tomac is seeping through your posts.

PS: I like Webb but pulling those moves when you are off the pace is weak IMO.
My point was simply that Hannah and Bradshaw both didn’t give a crap who was faster or behind them...they would fight and block until the other...
My point was simply that Hannah and Bradshaw both didn’t give a crap who was faster or behind them...they would fight and block until the other guy got past or they broke their momentum...

It’s racing that’s all

I hate the parade mentality
olds cool wrote:
Bingo. Hannah and Bradshaw weren't out there to make friends. They were there to beat their competition by whatever means necessary. Professional racing. No participation trophies...
Bingo. Hannah and Bradshaw weren't out there to make friends. They were there to beat their competition by whatever means necessary. Professional racing. No participation trophies. No politically correct etiquette on the track. NFG. This sport could use a few good rivalries today.
Hannah and Bradshaw weren't cross jumping other racers in 40mph rhythm sections at a modern SX. They were blocking/ ramming other riders in slower corners on 80's, early 90's style tracks.

Kind of an apples to oranges argument actually.
KennyT
Posts
4413
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Vista, CA, USA
Fantasy
3/11/2018 9:38am
KMC440 wrote:
Webb standing on Tomac's rear wheel brought a tear to Alessi's eye.
I found it fitting that Tony was celebrating on the podium on a night that we saw Webb standing on Tomacs bike and nobody gave two shits about it. I would have so loved to see him reach for the kill switch
olds cool
Posts
4285
Joined
1/17/2010
Location
Claremont, NC, USA
3/11/2018 11:01am
My point was simply that Hannah and Bradshaw both didn’t give a crap who was faster or behind them...they would fight and block until the other...
My point was simply that Hannah and Bradshaw both didn’t give a crap who was faster or behind them...they would fight and block until the other guy got past or they broke their momentum...

It’s racing that’s all

I hate the parade mentality
olds cool wrote:
Bingo. Hannah and Bradshaw weren't out there to make friends. They were there to beat their competition by whatever means necessary. Professional racing. No participation trophies...
Bingo. Hannah and Bradshaw weren't out there to make friends. They were there to beat their competition by whatever means necessary. Professional racing. No participation trophies. No politically correct etiquette on the track. NFG. This sport could use a few good rivalries today.
avidchimp wrote:
Hannah and Bradshaw weren't cross jumping other racers in 40mph rhythm sections at a modern SX. They were blocking/ ramming other riders in slower corners on...
Hannah and Bradshaw weren't cross jumping other racers in 40mph rhythm sections at a modern SX. They were blocking/ ramming other riders in slower corners on 80's, early 90's style tracks.

Kind of an apples to oranges argument actually.
If they were racing today, do you think they wouldn't?
jemcee
Posts
12863
Joined
8/11/2008
Location
AU
3/13/2018 4:38am
I've asked this before but didn't get an answer

So Webb got pissy and all tough guy with Musquin and threatened to 'learn him a lesson' for cross jumping (which I saw no evidence of) but now he admits to doing it and calls it racing?

Just another reason why I think he's a complete tool.. People making out he's a tough guy make me laugh
3/13/2018 6:17am
Not really a good idea to poke the bear when you can't out run the bear.
bh84
Posts
1750
Joined
8/20/2012
Location
Peterborough, ON, CA
3/13/2018 7:00am
Not really a good idea to poke the bear when you can't out run the bear.
One of my all-time favourite movie quotes from Without A Paddle

"Why are you taking off your shoes"

"I run faster without shoes"

"You can't outrun that bear"

"I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you!"
colintrax
Posts
4695
Joined
8/25/2015
Location
Taylorsville, GA, USA
3/13/2018 8:09am
olds cool wrote:
If they were racing today, do you think they wouldn't?
Better question. How do you feel about me cross jumping you?
Racer111
Posts
2766
Joined
5/23/2009
Location
Concord, NC, USA
3/13/2018 9:30am
jemcee wrote:
I've asked this before but didn't get an answer So Webb got pissy and all tough guy with Musquin and threatened to 'learn him a lesson'...
I've asked this before but didn't get an answer

So Webb got pissy and all tough guy with Musquin and threatened to 'learn him a lesson' for cross jumping (which I saw no evidence of) but now he admits to doing it and calls it racing?

Just another reason why I think he's a complete tool.. People making out he's a tough guy make me laugh
Webb is about as tough as Charmin toilet paper.
3/13/2018 10:27am
jemcee wrote:
I've asked this before but didn't get an answer So Webb got pissy and all tough guy with Musquin and threatened to 'learn him a lesson'...
I've asked this before but didn't get an answer

So Webb got pissy and all tough guy with Musquin and threatened to 'learn him a lesson' for cross jumping (which I saw no evidence of) but now he admits to doing it and calls it racing?

Just another reason why I think he's a complete tool.. People making out he's a tough guy make me laugh
Marvin did cross jump a lot, and still does at times. I agree that cross jumping is bs and super dangerous.

That being said, why the hell would Webb do it after being so pissed at Marv? I probably would have done the same thing if I were Tomac. This sport is dangerous enough already, add in a guy crossing the track mid air on a 250lb dirt bike and you've just made it a hell of a lot worse. Some guys will claim the, "well he's in front and can go wherever he wants, it's the guy behind him's responsibility to watch for it." I agree with that when it comes to a straightaway, whoops or corners. Over jumps? Hell no! It's not a matter of if you hurt someone/yourself, it's a matter of when. And two guys dropping out of the sky mid triple or rhythm section would be ugly!!!
zehn
Posts
7900
Joined
1/15/2013
Location
Anchorage, AK, USA
3/13/2018 10:36am
olds cool wrote:
If they were racing today, do you think they wouldn't?
Hannah would be too busy complaining about the jumps. Bradshaw would just do his own shit like he always did. I get that you are stuck in the past but Webb's moves were completely uncalled for and dangerous considering the circumstances
Jeff alessi
Posts
915
Joined
10/28/2011
Location
Victorville, CA, USA
3/13/2018 11:45am
Not really a good idea to poke the bear when you can't out run the bear.
Such a good analogy here. Still reading.
3/13/2018 2:36pm
Such a good analogy here. Still reading.
Hey thanks man! Big fan by the way. I thought it was awesome watching you win the overall in the 450 class at Hangtown in 09.
gerg
Posts
1555
Joined
10/29/2014
Location
AU
3/13/2018 2:39pm
Fuck Tomac.
dirtnapper
Posts
5454
Joined
4/14/2011
Location
Alberta, CA
3/13/2018 2:45pm
jemcee wrote:
I've asked this before but didn't get an answer So Webb got pissy and all tough guy with Musquin and threatened to 'learn him a lesson'...
I've asked this before but didn't get an answer

So Webb got pissy and all tough guy with Musquin and threatened to 'learn him a lesson' for cross jumping (which I saw no evidence of) but now he admits to doing it and calls it racing?

Just another reason why I think he's a complete tool.. People making out he's a tough guy make me laugh
Webb is NOT a tough guy. He's a bully who can dish it out and cries when he gets it back.

Also.........we have a Vital memeber here named Fist Urself??Dry Wow.
ledger
Posts
3669
Joined
1/17/2013
Location
USA
3/13/2018 3:19pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Webb is NOT a tough guy. He's a bully who can dish it out and cries when he gets it back. Also.........we have a Vital memeber...
Webb is NOT a tough guy. He's a bully who can dish it out and cries when he gets it back.

Also.........we have a Vital memeber here named Fist Urself??Dry Wow.
Agree with ya, although, Webb was fun to watch when he was on the 250. I guess it's just me, but the ear tuck doesn't help with the....tough guy look. ( Fist Urself and gerg right above got class, lol.) Unsure Whistling
olds cool
Posts
4285
Joined
1/17/2010
Location
Claremont, NC, USA
3/13/2018 3:29pm
olds cool wrote:
If they were racing today, do you think they wouldn't?
colintrax wrote:
Better question. How do you feel about me cross jumping you?
I was talking about two former pros who usually did anything within their means to win and didn't really care about what their competitors thought about them or who's feelings got hurt. But since you want to make it personal...if we were at a practice day or even racing for a plastic trophy, if you cross jumped me I'd be pissed and if I did it to you, I'd expect you to be pissed too. However, if we were racing for a million dollar professional championship bonus, or however you want to phrase it at that level, I'd do anything I could to win and would assume before the gate dropped that any of my competitors would do the same thing and try to keep from putting myself in a position to let that happen to me. Is it dirty or frowned upon? Maybe so but if the check clears and I got my name in the record books, you might call me a dirty champion but I'd still be a champion. With a big bonus check. Cool

Post a reply to: Tomac/Webb

The Latest