Tantrum of the Week

Jimmy_Sloan
3/7/2016 8:36pm
Rizzo wrote:
Id drive straight home and give that bike away to the neighbor kid whose family cant afford a bike or even a vacation for that matter...
Id drive straight home and give that bike away to the neighbor kid whose family cant afford a bike or even a vacation for that matter. Id even give him a set of gear. No way that kid would ride again until he saved enough money to buy his own damn bike.
That's pretty harsh. I would tell my boy that if he did that AGAIN, he'd be sitting out for a while. Like someone else said, probably a good kid that just let his emotions get the best of him.
Trav138
3/7/2016 8:36pm
thanksguyb wrote:
So media boy, what gives you the right to say shit about this situation? You are a really making yourself more self important these days than...
So media boy, what gives you the right to say shit about this situation? You are a really making yourself more self important these days than you really are. TFS would be ashamed...
Why the anonymity?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/7/2016 8:37pm
thanksguyb wrote:
So media boy, what gives you the right to say shit about this situation? You are a really making yourself more self important these days than...
So media boy, what gives you the right to say shit about this situation? You are a really making yourself more self important these days than you really are. TFS would be ashamed...
What gives me the right? I look at it as a safety issue for everyone else on the track with him. This was at the end of the whoop section. If you fail to see how that's a problem, there's not much I could do to convince you otherwise.

Oh, and thanks for stopping by...for your brief two-post account.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/7/2016 8:38pm
Trav138 wrote:
Why the anonymity?
If I had to guess? It's because he had to sign up again.

He won't be replying.
NorcalVet
3/7/2016 8:41pm
My dad would of kicked my ass, and either threaten to sell it or give it away. But at least lock it up for at least 30 days. Made me learn respect.

Trav138
3/7/2016 8:48pm
starts with respect or lack thereof. How many kids out there would die for just a used bike to hang with their buddies after school, yet to be racing at Daytona thats a dream for many.
He's young hopefully learns from it
jeffro503
3/7/2016 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2016 9:57pm
thanksguyb wrote:
GuyB wrote:
What gives me the right? I look at it as a safety issue for everyone else on the track with him. This was at the end...
What gives me the right? I look at it as a safety issue for everyone else on the track with him. This was at the end of the whoop section. If you fail to see how that's a problem, there's not much I could do to convince you otherwise.

I'm sorry , but I gotta say something here.

"thanksguyb "......I'm not sure if you're this kids dad or what? maybe you were ( I said " were " ) posting to help defend your kid or whatever. I can understand that. But what gives GuyB the right to post this pic , is because he shot the pic and runs this site. Maybe a little embarrassment on your end? I'm sure your kid is a good kid , that just had a bad day.

BUT....what GuyB and others have posted about it " Not being cool , or safe since he left his damn bike in the middle of a whoop section "....seems to be 100% correct on what most people would think.

Maybe take a step back and realize your kid did something completely stupid? And NOT cool as far as that goes.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/7/2016 10:02pm
thanksguyb wrote:
GuyB wrote:
What gives me the right? I look at it as a safety issue for everyone else on the track with him. This was at the end...

jeffro503 wrote:
I'm sorry , but I gotta say something here. "thanksguyb "......I'm not sure if you're this kids dad or what? maybe you were ( I said...

"thanksguyb "......I'm not sure if you're this kids dad or what? maybe you were ( I said " were " ) posting to help defend your kid or whatever. I can understand that. But what gives GuyB the right to post this pic , is because he shot the pic and runs this site. Maybe a little embarrassment on your end? I'm sure your kid is a good kid , that just had a bad day.

BUT....what GuyB and others have posted about it " Not being cool , or safe since he left his damn bike in the middle of a whoop section "....seems to be 100% correct on what most people would think.

Maybe take a step back and realize your kid did something completely stupid? And NOT cool as far as that goes.
Jeffro, I don't think it was his parent. More likely one of our old repeat customers from Santee who has a love/hate relationship with Vital.
APLMAN99
3/7/2016 10:06pm
This is actually one of my close family friends son. He was riding 250C, he's 17, and this was actually the SECOND chain he broke in...
This is actually one of my close family friends son. He was riding 250C, he's 17, and this was actually the SECOND chain he broke in as many days while racing there this wknd. I understand his frustration but this kind of reaction is just immature and he does honestly know better. He's honestly a good natured, respectful, and hard working kid. I'm sure his emotions just got the better of him and he's regretting it now for sure. But honestly snap 2 chains in 2 days!? How does that even happen? User error, bad maintenance, bad sprockets, defect? Idk. What I do know is in close to 25 years of racing I've only ever broke a chain 1 time while riding and it was a manufacturer defect so something is definitely amiss here. I feel bad for him for all the time and money he and his family spent all for nothing.
Myke wrote:
I can see him upset but to leave his bike where another rider could hit it? There is no excuse for that, that should come natural...
I can see him upset but to leave his bike where another rider could hit it? There is no excuse for that, that should come natural to him. Push it off the track then have the temper tantrum. I blame poor parenting.
Even the best parenting in the world doesn't mean that young people aren't going to make mistakes like this.

If it's a pattern, then perhaps you may have a point. But if this is an isolated, overly emotional incident then I'd probably hold off on the poor parenting judgements.

Unless you have no children yourself, of course. Then your judgement makes perfect sense and would be expected.
APLMAN99
3/7/2016 10:09pm
GuyB wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
I'm sorry , but I gotta say something here. "thanksguyb "......I'm not sure if you're this kids dad or what? maybe you were ( I said...

GuyB wrote:
Jeffro, I don't think it was his parent. More likely one of our old repeat customers from Santee who has a love/hate relationship with Vital.
I can't keep up with all the aliases that have been tossed. Who's the former poster from Santee? Premix?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/7/2016 10:10pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I can't keep up with all the aliases that have been tossed. Who's the former poster from Santee? Premix?
I'd guess GoRide.
jeffro503
3/7/2016 10:20pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I'd guess GoRide.
Well , I wasn't sure and wanted to be polite to the guy just in case it was his dad or mom. Thanks for the heads up though.
jeffro503
3/7/2016 10:21pm
jeffro503 wrote:

GuyB wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
No , Premix was not GoRide.
Crush
3/7/2016 10:37pm
Can't believe any of you guys can keep up with any of the aliases...
skidmarkz
3/7/2016 10:57pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2016 10:59pm
Here's how you handle a broken chain. A teachable moment maybe?

kiwifan
3/7/2016 11:09pm
GuyB wrote:
I get that racing is intense, you spend a lot of money to do it, you want to win, etc. But if your bike drops the...
I get that racing is intense, you spend a lot of money to do it, you want to win, etc.

But if your bike drops the chain in the middle of the moto, don't...

...drop it in the middle of the track.
...run to the side, and start beating on the Tuf-Blox with your fists.
...then stomp away like a spoiled child, leaving the bike in the middle of the track for other riders to hit, and for someone else to pick up.

Lame.

thanksguyb wrote:

kiwifan
3/7/2016 11:12pm
thanksguyb wrote:
GuyB wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

And Steve "TFS" Bruhn would have posted the exact same pic and post :-) imho
Spydee
3/8/2016 12:01am
Bit like calling Peick "lame" and "spoilt" for kicking his bike off the stand that time he got knocked out of the LCQ at Daytona a few years ago, no? You don't know the story behind this kid, maybe he borrowed the bike and it was a pile of shit hence why he didn't want it back.
MXR
3/8/2016 12:07am
I'm sure all the factory and satellite team scouts were out there looking for the next RC floundering around in the 250 C class .

AK74
3/8/2016 12:14am
If nominations for TotW are still open, then Giuseppe's meltdown in Thailand should also be on the shortlist.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
3/8/2016 12:49am
years ago when four strokes were not fast, and very hard to start, i was at the four stroke nationals here in NZ, the champ from last year crashed his very tricked up xr400 and it would not refire, and he kicked it for a lap, then threw it down and walked off the track, a track official walked up to him and told him if he did not remove his bike from the track he would not ride again for the rest of the weekend, so he walked back, and pushed it off the track,

thought it was well done by the official,

if you not hurt, you never leave your bike out in the middle of the track, no matter how pissed off you are,
Beast666
3/8/2016 1:20am
In 82 i had a rod fail on my KX 250 ended pushing the thing home 5 miles in 90 degree temps. The only reason i had to push was i did not have a truck to transport my bike to the riding area. Bought a truck shortly after that.

If a rider did that in a race he should be disqualified for the weekend.
MR. X
3/8/2016 2:30am
Spydee wrote:
Bit like calling Peick "lame" and "spoilt" for kicking his bike off the stand that time he got knocked out of the LCQ at Daytona a...
Bit like calling Peick "lame" and "spoilt" for kicking his bike off the stand that time he got knocked out of the LCQ at Daytona a few years ago, no? You don't know the story behind this kid, maybe he borrowed the bike and it was a pile of shit hence why he didn't want it back.
I don't recall Peick kicking his bike off the stand and leaving it in the middle of the track at the end of whoop section for other riders to crash into , gotta a video to refresh my memory? . Thanks bro.
Spydee
3/8/2016 2:39am
Spydee wrote:
Bit like calling Peick "lame" and "spoilt" for kicking his bike off the stand that time he got knocked out of the LCQ at Daytona a...
MR. X wrote:
I don't recall Peick kicking his bike off the stand and leaving it in the middle of the track at the end of whoop section for...
I don't recall Peick kicking his bike off the stand and leaving it in the middle of the track at the end of whoop section for other riders to crash into , gotta a video to refresh my memory? . Thanks bro.
Read the first two words "BIT LIKE", not "IDENTICAL TO". Thanks bro.
Question
3/8/2016 3:18am
GuyB wrote:
I get that racing is intense, you spend a lot of money to do it, you want to win, etc. But if your bike drops the...
I get that racing is intense, you spend a lot of money to do it, you want to win, etc.

But if your bike drops the chain in the middle of the moto, don't...

...drop it in the middle of the track.
...run to the side, and start beating on the Tuf-Blox with your fists.
...then stomp away like a spoiled child, leaving the bike in the middle of the track for other riders to hit, and for someone else to pick up.

Lame.

thanksguyb wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/03/07/127004/s1200_facepalm_ernie.jpg[/img]

Same here, when I saw this post I was like WTF ! Fortunately it was clarified that it was a crazy poster, because it was making this story looking even worse, like parents who complain to the teacher after the kid has done some serious B.S.. The point was clear : never leave the bike in the middle of the track, it is really dangerous for everybody (riders & flaggers). The rider must have lost his self control and learned from this.
kkawboy14
3/8/2016 3:27am
Definitely needs a "time out" and he probably will lose his Alias sponsorship for 10% off of double retail!
JSmith
3/8/2016 3:33am
$1,000 says he did not buy the bike with his own hard earned money.
kkawboy14
3/8/2016 3:37am
Bultaco wrote:
Did he pick up the chain?
I thought he said the chain came off? If it didn't break but came off, he needs to spend a year at MMI

Post a reply to: Tantrum of the Week

The Latest