Tantrum of the Week

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 3/12/2016 2:26pm
I get that racing is intense, you spend a lot of money to do it, you want to win, etc.

But if your bike drops the chain in the middle of the moto, don't...

...drop it in the middle of the track.
...run to the side, and start beating on the Tuf-Blox with your fists.
...then stomp away like a spoiled child, leaving the bike in the middle of the track for other riders to hit, and for someone else to pick up.

Lame.

|
machine
3/7/2016 7:06pm
He will probably still get a trophy for participating. That will make it better...
Saltybrad
3/7/2016 7:07pm
We need more details! What class was this sore loser in?
MR. X
3/7/2016 7:09pm
Seems perfectly normal for kids these days , sadly.
HenryJ77
3/7/2016 7:10pm
At least he would get Matthes' approval on the gear/helmet/boot mix match combo...

The Shop

grimey
3/7/2016 7:11pm
Great picture actually, no video needed.

Fast forward to spoiled kids epidemic / acceptable tantrum argument
FWYT
3/7/2016 7:14pm
Under that helmet . . .

500guy
3/7/2016 7:14pm
Probably going to need some counseling or pills, obviously suffering from a case of Affluenza.
machine
3/7/2016 7:16pm
500guy wrote:
Probably going to need some counseling or pills, obviously suffering from a case of Affluenza.
He may need a safe zone to cry.
grimey
3/7/2016 7:18pm
I bet the no Go-Pro deal for Daytona offset his standard practice helmet balance ( see mass centralization ).
I can't wait to get my stage 2 counterweights from them, just ordered three sets.
JBernard_401
3/7/2016 7:29pm
at least he wasn't wearing jeans, as that would just be to much to handle and we need rules against that.
3/7/2016 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2016 7:44pm
This is actually one of my close family friends son. He was riding 250C, he's 17, and this was actually the SECOND chain he broke in as many days while racing there this wknd. I understand his frustration but this kind of reaction is just immature and he does honestly know better. He's honestly a good natured, respectful, and hard working kid. I'm sure his emotions just got the better of him and he's regretting it now for sure. But honestly snap 2 chains in 2 days!? How does that even happen? User error, bad maintenance, bad sprockets, defect? Idk. What I do know is in close to 25 years of racing I've only ever broke a chain 1 time while riding and it was a manufacturer defect so something is definitely amiss here. I feel bad for him for all the time and money he and his family spent all for nothing.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
3/7/2016 7:37pm
That's kind of how I acted the other night when I found a rubber band in my burrito
jwoltz
3/7/2016 7:40pm
Should have been running mika metals. Boom!
Spartacus
3/7/2016 7:50pm
Oh no, it's GREAT! He's showing some passion for the sport and isn't one of those robot riders with no guts. He's not just some pussy that does what he should.

We need more riders like him to grow the sport by making it more interesting to non-riders.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
3/7/2016 8:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2016 8:02pm
disbanded wrote:
That's kind of how I acted the other night when I found a rubber band in my burrito
Not sure why that's so funny, I guess it was the visual..... I'm still wiping the tears from my cheeks. Lol
zehn
3/7/2016 8:02pm
MR. X wrote:
Seems perfectly normal for kids these days , sadly.
I see more temper tantrums and bitching/complaining from the "men" on this forum than I ever do on Facebook etc.
newmann
3/7/2016 8:03pm
Not his job to push a bike back to the pits?

Whistling
mb60
3/7/2016 8:09pm
I was at the Freestone national and it was hotter then hell. Blake Wharton and Baggett both had bikes quit where we were sitting. Both got off the bikes took a moment and begin pushing. Instant fans of both of those young men still today.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
3/7/2016 8:15pm
mb60 wrote:
I was at the Freestone national and it was hotter then hell. Blake Wharton and Baggett both had bikes quit where we were sitting. Both got...
I was at the Freestone national and it was hotter then hell. Blake Wharton and Baggett both had bikes quit where we were sitting. Both got off the bikes took a moment and begin pushing. Instant fans of both of those young men still today.
Didn't Dungey push his own bike one time when it broke as well?
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
3/7/2016 8:17pm
This is actually one of my close family friends son. He was riding 250C, he's 17, and this was actually the SECOND chain he broke in...
This is actually one of my close family friends son. He was riding 250C, he's 17, and this was actually the SECOND chain he broke in as many days while racing there this wknd. I understand his frustration but this kind of reaction is just immature and he does honestly know better. He's honestly a good natured, respectful, and hard working kid. I'm sure his emotions just got the better of him and he's regretting it now for sure. But honestly snap 2 chains in 2 days!? How does that even happen? User error, bad maintenance, bad sprockets, defect? Idk. What I do know is in close to 25 years of racing I've only ever broke a chain 1 time while riding and it was a manufacturer defect so something is definitely amiss here. I feel bad for him for all the time and money he and his family spent all for nothing.
I can see him upset but to leave his bike where another rider could hit it? There is no excuse for that, that should come natural to him. Push it off the track then have the temper tantrum. I blame poor parenting.
Moto520
3/7/2016 8:21pm
He's just overly pissed. It happens. Probably a good kid that had the misfortune of getting caught losing his shit.
Rizzo
3/7/2016 8:21pm
Id drive straight home and give that bike away to the neighbor kid whose family cant afford a bike or even a vacation for that matter. Id even give him a set of gear. No way that kid would ride again until he saved enough money to buy his own damn bike.
Crush
3/7/2016 8:28pm
I feel like normal school and a higher school certificate should be mandatory for anyone wanting to go pro...
dkg
3/7/2016 8:30pm
This is actually one of my close family friends son. He was riding 250C, he's 17, and this was actually the SECOND chain he broke in...
Definitely enough to make someone very frustrated. But, let's be straight, his response was just wrong. I view this as one of those opportunities for a teaching moment. Hopefully, the parents will use this as such and he learns a valuable lesson while still young and before his emotions get the better of him and he gets introduced to the criminal justice system.
3/7/2016 8:31pm
GuyB wrote:
I get that racing is intense, you spend a lot of money to do it, you want to win, etc. But if your bike drops the...
I get that racing is intense, you spend a lot of money to do it, you want to win, etc.

...then stomp away like a spoiled child, leaving the bike in the middle of the track for other riders to hit, and for someone else to pick up.

Lame.

So media boy, what gives you the right to say shit about this situation? You are a really making yourself more self important these days than you really are. TFS would be ashamed...
agn5009
3/7/2016 8:34pm
GuyB wrote:
I get that racing is intense, you spend a lot of money to do it, you want to win, etc. But if your bike drops the...

Lame.

thanksguyb wrote:
So media boy, what gives you the right to say shit about this situation? You are a really making yourself more self important these days than...
So media boy, what gives you the right to say shit about this situation? You are a really making yourself more self important these days than you really are. TFS would be ashamed...
Uh oh!

Post a reply to: Tantrum of the Week

The Latest