Tantrum of the Week

plowboy
3/9/2016 6:15pm
I only know Gibby from a few years on this forum and a couple of brief conversations at the Ironman last year. While he could be an axe murderer in his spare time I don't have that impression of him. I actually think he has spent enough time dealing with nitwits that he's fairly tolerant and liberal. Conversely, I know that his job requires access to riders/teams which is "granted" not mandated. I wouldn't want to be in his position when deciding between "reporting" and continuing to earn a living. Living by your wits, so to speak. As far as the defenders of this 17 year old, if I understand correctly, he was C class trying to make the night show? That means he has his pro license and has qualified to even attempt to ride an SX. In other words he didn't buy his first bike and show up at Daytona to race. I hope he has learned a lesson in professional behaviour.
57F1VE
3/9/2016 6:22pm
There was more to it than just leaving the bike there, which in itself is bad bc it endangers riders and the worker getting it off the track. The worker then had to hold it while the kid walked away, so no flagger in that area. GuyB tried to calm the rider n he kept walking n pushing him away with his head down n beating tuf blox. I saw the whole thing unfold. And im sure his chains we just too tight, it happened on the wall jump so that prbly did it
Trav138
3/9/2016 6:22pm
plowboy wrote:
I only know Gibby from a few years on this forum and a couple of brief conversations at the Ironman last year. While he could be...
I only know Gibby from a few years on this forum and a couple of brief conversations at the Ironman last year. While he could be an axe murderer in his spare time I don't have that impression of him. I actually think he has spent enough time dealing with nitwits that he's fairly tolerant and liberal. Conversely, I know that his job requires access to riders/teams which is "granted" not mandated. I wouldn't want to be in his position when deciding between "reporting" and continuing to earn a living. Living by your wits, so to speak. As far as the defenders of this 17 year old, if I understand correctly, he was C class trying to make the night show? That means he has his pro license and has qualified to even attempt to ride an SX. In other words he didn't buy his first bike and show up at Daytona to race. I hope he has learned a lesson in professional behaviour.
Bro I'm pretty sure this is C class at RC's Daytona Amateur sx not pro c class qualifying. This was the following day i believe.
Honda88L
3/9/2016 7:24pm
I THINK I read all threads - what kind of POS chain was it? Need to know what not to buy. Hard to believe a chain breaks these days unless you have no clue at all how to properly adjust one. My guess is they bought some chinese junk - purchaser at fault all the way.

The Shop

Jakes Dad
3/10/2016 1:17am
Life lesson for the kid he is handling this situation very well, after being ridiculed by every rider around here. Much respect Grady.
plowboy
3/10/2016 2:44am
Trav138 wrote:
Bro I'm pretty sure this is C class at RC's Daytona Amateur sx not pro c class qualifying. This was the following day i believe.
Doh, I stand corrected. Thanks
3/10/2016 8:00am
Honda88L wrote:
I THINK I read all threads - what kind of POS chain was it? Need to know what not to buy. Hard to believe a chain...
I THINK I read all threads - what kind of POS chain was it? Need to know what not to buy. Hard to believe a chain breaks these days unless you have no clue at all how to properly adjust one. My guess is they bought some chinese junk - purchaser at fault all the way.

It was posted on page 2 that it was a Shing Zang Chin model chain 4598765-09.

$34.99/ Unit Retail and the kid also had a Sponsorhouse Hookit deal for 25% off.

The chain acted as a fuse in this situation, mechanically and philosophically.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
3/10/2016 8:12am
It was posted on page 2 that it was a Shing Zang Chin model chain 4598765-09. $34.99/ Unit Retail and the kid also had a Sponsorhouse...
It was posted on page 2 that it was a Shing Zang Chin model chain 4598765-09.

$34.99/ Unit Retail and the kid also had a Sponsorhouse Hookit deal for 25% off.

The chain acted as a fuse in this situation, mechanically and philosophically.
Literally and figuratively too
Hershey
3/10/2016 8:55am
thanksguyb wrote:
So media boy, what gives you the right to say shit about this situation? You are a really making yourself more self important these days than...
So media boy, what gives you the right to say shit about this situation? You are a really making yourself more self important these days than you really are. TFS would be ashamed...
GuyB wrote:
What gives me the right? I look at it as a safety issue for everyone else on the track with him. This was at the end...
What gives me the right? I look at it as a safety issue for everyone else on the track with him. This was at the end of the whoop section. If you fail to see how that's a problem, there's not much I could do to convince you otherwise.

Oh, and thanks for stopping by...for your brief two-post account.
Safety? Isnt that what yellow flags are for? What is the difference between that and a downed rider?

Im not giving you a hard time about the post, its all good and the boy needs to see what he did was wrong. Imagine what he is thinking about this post, hopefully extremely embarrassed. But lets face it, it was about it being stupid and funny at the same time.

Pretty lame banning a guy for having given you a hard time. This site is nothing but flaming and bashing, its comical and makes people laugh on a daily basis.

I suppose this will be my last post too????
hvaughn88
3/10/2016 9:02am
Hershey wrote:
Safety? Isnt that what yellow flags are for? What is the difference between that and a downed rider? Im not giving you a hard time about...
Safety? Isnt that what yellow flags are for? What is the difference between that and a downed rider?

Im not giving you a hard time about the post, its all good and the boy needs to see what he did was wrong. Imagine what he is thinking about this post, hopefully extremely embarrassed. But lets face it, it was about it being stupid and funny at the same time.

Pretty lame banning a guy for having given you a hard time. This site is nothing but flaming and bashing, its comical and makes people laugh on a daily basis.

Everything else aside, look at the guys user name. He obviously made a new account (and has most likely been banned before) just to argue with GuyB over this. Regardless of his opinion, that right there should be grounds for getting clicked. If you have something to say then do it with your usual account and own it.
jeffro503
3/10/2016 9:20am
Hershey wrote:
Safety? Isnt that what yellow flags are for? What is the difference between that and a downed rider? Im not giving you a hard time about...

hvaughn88 wrote:
Everything else aside, look at the guys user name. He obviously made a new account (and has most likely been banned before) just to argue with...
Everything else aside, look at the guys user name. He obviously made a new account (and has most likely been banned before) just to argue with GuyB over this. Regardless of his opinion, that right there should be grounds for getting clicked. If you have something to say then do it with your usual account and own it.
A- Freeakin'-Men!!
3/10/2016 9:43am
Some of you act as if you've never made any mistakes as a 17 year old kid.
no kidding. All the great parenting advice just makes me feel all warm inside.
3/11/2016 6:32am
This is actually one of my close family friends son. He was riding 250C, he's 17, and this was actually the SECOND chain he broke in...
This is actually one of my close family friends son. He was riding 250C, he's 17, and this was actually the SECOND chain he broke in as many days while racing there this wknd. I understand his frustration but this kind of reaction is just immature and he does honestly know better. He's honestly a good natured, respectful, and hard working kid. I'm sure his emotions just got the better of him and he's regretting it now for sure. But honestly snap 2 chains in 2 days!? How does that even happen? User error, bad maintenance, bad sprockets, defect? Idk. What I do know is in close to 25 years of racing I've only ever broke a chain 1 time while riding and it was a manufacturer defect so something is definitely amiss here. I feel bad for him for all the time and money he and his family spent all for nothing.
He is a good kid. Emotions got the best of him.
3/11/2016 6:46am
Nice job embarrassing a minor.

You must be cool and perfect yourself. Cool
3/11/2016 6:53am
If this young man has a known history of this kind of behavior then, by all means, keep this thread going a bit longer.
If not, then its time for this thread to go away. I believe he has publicly apologized and needs to be allowed to move on.
3/11/2016 7:35am
harrowguy wrote:
Nice job embarrassing a minor.

You must be cool and perfect yourself. Cool
You can live in a glass house and still lightly toss pebbles that will help someone else's house not eventually be smashed to bits.

There is a mercy and a personal sacrifice involved in being the one to call someone out.
kkawboy14
3/11/2016 8:05am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 8:06am
I thought it was the beating to death of the tough blocks tantrum that really was the cause of this threads creation? The walking off and leaving the bike was just the icing on the cake!
toroP
3/11/2016 8:32am
Moto photographer/journalist uses public forum to humiliate 17 year old stranger for bad behavior.
Forum posters join in.
Adam43
3/11/2016 8:42am
This whole trend of throwing the bike down has got to end.

I see more and more people doing it, out of frustration or victory.

Shouldn't be done under any circumstance. Pick up your shit.
jmx411
3/11/2016 9:32am
Person does something wrong and GuyB is the one getting bashed now. Problem with America
jmx411
3/11/2016 9:33am
Some of you act as if you've never made any mistakes as a 17 year old kid.
no kidding. All the great parenting advice just makes me feel all warm inside.
Yea and when I made those mistakes I got punished for them. If I didn't, I would probably still be making those mistakes 10 years later.
Flip109
3/12/2016 7:22am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/03/10/127263/s1200_Reservoirdog.jpg[/img]

Gold!Laughing
theladle
3/12/2016 8:18am
GuyBitch is a joke! Please delete my account!
Rhody
3/12/2016 9:18am
Not that it's a surprise, but there sure are some bitches on here. Remember the old saying, "It takes a village..."? This is the village. If he reads this thread he should be duly chastised and not show his ass at the track again.
And GuyB didn't call him out by name, so we don't know who he is anyway, so his worldwide reputation is not ruined for life. Message sent, no harm done. Get over it. And if you want the thread to disappear, quit posting and it will drop down off the top page.
newmann
3/12/2016 10:24am
theladle wrote:
GuyBitch is a joke! Please delete my account!
You going to sue if he doesn't? Throw a brick through his window?Laughing Has that guy been back around?

Post a reply to: Tantrum of the Week

The Latest