That's a wrap for stankdog

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2016 6:26 AM

Thats a wrap for the season folks. Crank went out during the first practice, so we're done for the day. Stay tuned for the final episode! Photo

|

8/27/2016 6:28 AM

Wtf.. Huskys got some major work to do.. Wow

|

8/27/2016 6:29 AM

Stank has exposed a lot of bottom end problems on the bike

|

8/27/2016 6:38 AM

SUCKS!!!!!!!!

|

8/27/2016 6:41 AM

I wouldn't say a reflection on Husky. More a reflection on the reliability of any motor work and tuning done to make the bike more competitive against the 250f's.

|

8/27/2016 6:41 AM

Wow are the bottom ends really this fragile? Seems like the tried and true YZ125 never gave him this many problems. Maybe he will go back to blue next year?

|

8/27/2016 6:51 AM

No, its a reflection on Husky.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/27/2016 7:12 AM

I guess he shouldn't have done that burn out last weekend?

|

8/27/2016 7:16 AM

Is he running OE cranks?

|

8/27/2016 7:19 AM

No backup motor? Bummer!

|

8/27/2016 7:19 AM

Between the transmission issues and crank issues it is not good. In my opinion a bike like that should be able to last for 4 or 5 nationals on the bottom end. It was already stated somewhere else, but guys used to run 125s all the time and do a top end every other race and have a bottom end last the full season of Pro Outdoors.

|

8/27/2016 7:20 AM

xnationalwrench wrote:

X2, and beer money lol.

|

8/27/2016 7:26 AM

xnationalwrench wrote:

Nevermind that was on someone else's 250. It's a shame that husky didn't offer up a couple sets of spares to these guys. Racing on a budget doesn't always work out.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

8/27/2016 7:27 AM

kzizok wrote:

So if he is running a non OEM 153 kit in the top end,a non OEM crank and components in the bottom end, it still reflects the reliability of OEM Husky?
It is very unlikely his motors are being stripped and rebuilt every week based off of his traveling schedule and privateer budget, I am curious to know if they are or not.

|

8/27/2016 7:29 AM

I seem to remember them mentioning that they were stretching some parts passed their scheduled replacement period...

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/27/2016 7:30 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

Wow are the bottom ends really this fragile? Seems like the tried and true YZ125 never gave him this many problems. Maybe he ...more

He rode the YZ125 for three races, then switched to the KTM.

|

8/27/2016 7:34 AM

xnationalwrench wrote:

Shhhhh xnationalwrench, we're not supposed to use logic.

|

8/27/2016 7:37 AM

racinstation wrote:

Between the transmission issues and crank issues it is not good. In my opinion a bike like that should be able to last for 4 ...more

You are insane. That 125 is getting the shit beat out of it. A 125 has no shelf life with a fast guy riding it.

|

8/27/2016 7:38 AM

kzizok wrote:

mx196 wrote:

So if he is running a non OEM 153 kit in the top end,a non OEM crank and components in the bottom end, it still reflects the ...more

Bro, everyone knows when you're a privateer on a budget and Wiseco offers you free pistons and crankshafts, you take it!

|

8/27/2016 7:39 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

Wow are the bottom ends really this fragile? Seems like the tried and true YZ125 never gave him this many problems. Maybe he ...more

He did 2 nationals on the yz

|

8/27/2016 7:41 AM

RMZ# wrote:

You are insane. That 125 is getting the shit beat out of it. A 125 has no shelf life with a fast guy riding it.

I never seemed to have a problem making it through the summer as a privateer on one motor... But that's none of my business...

|

8/27/2016 7:44 AM

Beer money would but x tra parts.

|

8/27/2016 7:45 AM

Gotta hand it to these guys for running that bike into the ground. Repeatedly.

Gillen and Stank are True Grit. Have a beer boys, you earned it.

|

8/27/2016 7:46 AM

I can't believe this.
stankdog rides the cheapest bike and he has zero support.
This is sad.
I can't believe there isn't a couple broken in engines on the shelf ready to swap?
Everyone knows KTM's bottoms suffer sometimes! How in the hell does 'the people champ' not have an extra motor? he represents Hope in our unaffordable sport! Him not riding today is horrible blow to the day! This sucks.

|

8/27/2016 7:50 AM

Icespikes wrote:

I can't believe this.
stankdog rides the cheapest bike and he has zero support.
This is sad.
I can't believe there isn't a ...more

I agree. Totally bummed for Stank. Hope he go's back to a YZ 125 next season.

|

8/27/2016 7:57 AM

xnationalwrench wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

X2, and beer money lol.

that was a 250 2 stroke in the burn out video so not the 125

|

8/27/2016 8:14 AM

racinstation wrote:

Between the transmission issues and crank issues it is not good. In my opinion a bike like that should be able to last for 4 ...more

They also had just put a new bottom end in this week.. Seen on his snspchat

|

8/27/2016 8:38 AM

I've watched all the videos and he states a few times his days were ended because of "water in the carb". That could be a cover for another problem, but if it's true what are hey doing to get that much water in the carb more than one time? I mean for $19 you can get an airbox cover and stop blasting the intake and carb. I'm not much of a mechanic but can't repeated water in the carb have an effect on top and bottom ends, if the bike is sucking water through the intake?

Idk just an observation that gets me when I watch the series which is an awesome series by the way.

|

8/27/2016 8:42 AM

zdog636 wrote:

I agree. Totally bummed for Stank. Hope he go's back to a YZ 125 next season.

When he switched to the KTM, I believe he said the stock KTM was much faster than his modded YZ125. Don't quote me on that, but I thought I read that here on Vital.

Also, I don't think Yamaha is homologating (did I spell that right) any of their two strokes for competition any more.

|

8/27/2016 9:11 AM

This whole 2stoke thing was fun but its getting annoying having him dnf all the time. I have followed him for the last two years but it's getting stupid now. All that time and effort and money for what.

|