SoCal Guys...

Brent
Edited Date/Time 4/25/2020 1:53pm
Looks like Riverside County may be allowing non - spectator sporting events at the beginning of May. Sounds like hiking and bike trails will open also.

Here is the order issues by Riverside today - " The County also issued an amended order that clarifies that parks, trails and other outdoor areas are open for jogging, walking, hiking and other non-contact outdoor sports, provided that the participants wear face coverings and practice social distancing. "

Does that mean Cahuilla, StateFair MX, and Perris can open again?

also, anyone hear anything about San Diego Country Tracks Fox and Barona yet?

|
hubbardmx50
4/22/2020 12:46pm
Probably just a tease but hopefully it’s real. Would love to ride GH this weekend
SBD
4/22/2020 1:24pm
Good news about GH, Hoping Fox and Barona will open soon !
Or at least Fiesta Island, so we can get the freshly built 800SXR stand up ski out on the water this weekend .
Should be a perfect weather weekend for So Cal
hubbardmx50
4/22/2020 1:34pm
Yeah the weather has been amazing out here, little warm in the IE for April but I’m not complaining. Hopefully you SD County peeps Will have Cahuilla Barona and Fox open to ride soon

The Shop

4/22/2020 1:37pm
StateFair MX posted they will be able to open soon. Bummer fox raceway is not in riverside county. San Diego county will take forever to do anything.
Sierra Ranger
4/22/2020 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 4:51pm
I'm not sure this is an entirely done deal. This LA Times article says Newsom is pushing back against communities lifting stay-at-home orders, and mentions a Riverside County order that opened golf courses. (Actually the link in the first sentence goes to a story mentioning Riverside County). A lot of grey area here.

Gov. Newsom suggests he won't allow communities to lift stay-at-home orders for now
sandtrack315
4/22/2020 4:52pm
I'm not sure this is an entirely done deal. This LA Times article says Newsom is pushing back against communities lifting stay-at-home orders, and mentions a...
I'm not sure this is an entirely done deal. This LA Times article says Newsom is pushing back against communities lifting stay-at-home orders, and mentions a Riverside County order that opened golf courses. (Actually the link in the first sentence goes to a story mentioning Riverside County). A lot of grey area here.

Gov. Newsom suggests he won't allow communities to lift stay-at-home orders for now
Article makes it sound like he’s talking about businesses, not non team sporting events, so hopefully it doesn’t get blocked.
FWYT
4/22/2020 7:56pm
Saw that Cahuilla will open, with some stringent rules in place, as well. Nice!
FWYT
4/22/2020 7:58pm
SBD wrote:
Good news about GH, Hoping Fox and Barona will open soon ! Or at least Fiesta Island, so we can get the freshly built 800SXR stand...
Or at least Fiesta Island, so we can get the freshly built 800SXR stand up ski out on the water this weekend .
Did you know there were actually a couple motocross races held on Fiesta Island back when? No kidding. I remember riding one on a YZ-80. So that must have been around 1975 or so. Good 'ol days!
mxracer666
4/22/2020 8:06pm
SBD wrote:
Good news about GH, Hoping Fox and Barona will open soon ! Or at least Fiesta Island, so we can get the freshly built 800SXR stand...
FWYT wrote:
Did you know there were actually a couple motocross races held on Fiesta Island back when? No kidding. I remember riding one on a YZ-80. So...
Did you know there were actually a couple motocross races held on Fiesta Island back when? No kidding. I remember riding one on a YZ-80. So that must have been around 1975 or so. Good 'ol days!
No kidding?!? I drive by there occasionally and think "how cool would it be to have races out there!?!" It must have been bottomless sand on that YZ80!!
Brent
4/22/2020 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2020 8:42pm
5/2 for Cahuilla.

Still waiting to see if there are rider limits. Here is a line from Glen Helen's list of rules-

"Maximum number of attendees is 75 at any given time."
speed_racer
Fantasy
1939th
4/23/2020 7:50am
These tracks will need to have a website where you can pre-pay for a time slot to ride.
Imagine driving 1-2 hours and seeing 50 people in line. If I was not made to leave I might stay all day because I've seen that my sport can be taken away at any moment.

I hope the tracks set up non-refundable time slots and limit people to a couple of hours. Remember Milestone on a busy day? Try hundreds of people riding. The first 75 will be 50 trucks. Can you imagine trucks lined up waiting all day?

What if one person leaves and the next in line is two people in a truck? The single guy in line will be pissed.

I want to ride and agree with the rules. But, please do timeslots and sell all your time, you'll make more money and we can ride without waiting. This can the new professional way to ride. Show up, check-in and ride two hours.

75 new people every two hours x $40 gate fee
8 hours in the day
4 x 75= 300
300 x 40 = $12,000 per day

SBD
4/23/2020 7:55am
SBD wrote:
FWYT wrote:
Did you know there were actually a couple motocross races held on Fiesta Island back when? No kidding. I remember riding one on a YZ-80. So...
I did not know that, Funny, because we always say they should build a MX track in the middle of the island.
Im born and raised in the area, thanks for info !

Still happy that they have not developed the island into a big resort hotel.
sandtrack315
4/23/2020 8:53am
These tracks will need to have a website where you can pre-pay for a time slot to ride. Imagine driving 1-2 hours and seeing 50 people...
These tracks will need to have a website where you can pre-pay for a time slot to ride.
Imagine driving 1-2 hours and seeing 50 people in line. If I was not made to leave I might stay all day because I've seen that my sport can be taken away at any moment.

I hope the tracks set up non-refundable time slots and limit people to a couple of hours. Remember Milestone on a busy day? Try hundreds of people riding. The first 75 will be 50 trucks. Can you imagine trucks lined up waiting all day?

What if one person leaves and the next in line is two people in a truck? The single guy in line will be pissed.

I want to ride and agree with the rules. But, please do timeslots and sell all your time, you'll make more money and we can ride without waiting. This can the new professional way to ride. Show up, check-in and ride two hours.

8 hours in the day
4 x 75= 300

Field of Dreams in NJ did this before NJ totally shut down, and Tomahawk in WV is currently doing this, they actually have a cool system where you buy for the part of the day, either 11-2 or 3-6. So, essentially, you can have 75 people ride in the morning, then another 75 in the afternoon.
ob
4/23/2020 8:56am
I’ll bet Pala does whatever they want, it’s on Indian land and I would think that they aren’t really obligated by law to close. I’d guess they did just to be safe.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/23/2020 9:03am
ob wrote:
I’ll bet Pala does whatever they want, it’s on Indian land and I would think that they aren’t really obligated by law to close. I’d guess...
I’ll bet Pala does whatever they want, it’s on Indian land and I would think that they aren’t really obligated by law to close. I’d guess they did just to be safe.
Same with Cahuilla. Both tracks are on Indian land.
4/23/2020 9:24am
ob wrote:
I’ll bet Pala does whatever they want, it’s on Indian land and I would think that they aren’t really obligated by law to close. I’d guess...
Pala is San Diego County tho, so they still cant do anything.
wisey
Fantasy
1341st
4/23/2020 9:32am
Sovereign Nation = anything they want
wisey
Fantasy
1341st
4/23/2020 9:36am
These tracks will need to have a website where you can pre-pay for a time slot to ride. Imagine driving 1-2 hours and seeing 50 people...

8 hours in the day
4 x 75= 300

Spot on
BUT please change the entry fee $30
Or $80 per month membership
I need to sprinkle the funds to continue affording the ride
C.Worthy
4/23/2020 9:36am
ob wrote:
Pala is San Diego County tho, so they still cant do anything.
Indian Reservations are separate sovereign governments. They aren't confined by county laws
hubbardmx50
4/23/2020 9:52am
Makes me wonder if it’s even worth trying to go this weekend or if it will be too crowded. GH is only 15 minutes away from me so I guess if I got turned away it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. Another week(s) without riding won’t kill me
brocster
4/24/2020 7:11am
I would think Fox pulled out early and won’t return until it is clear there will be no negativity pointed towards the brand. All others will open asap
SrfNdirt
4/24/2020 7:52am
Perris and State fair mx reopen this weekend.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
4/24/2020 7:54am
Makes me wonder if it’s even worth trying to go this weekend or if it will be too crowded. GH is only 15 minutes away from...
Makes me wonder if it’s even worth trying to go this weekend or if it will be too crowded. GH is only 15 minutes away from me so I guess if I got turned away it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. Another week(s) without riding won’t kill me
Ya, I'm not rushing out to a track just yet.
brocster
4/24/2020 8:26am
Makes me wonder if it’s even worth trying to go this weekend or if it will be too crowded. GH is only 15 minutes away from...
seth505 wrote:
Same, although they way Perris, state fair is doing pre purchase it will keep the cluster eff to a minimum.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/24/2020 9:01am
seth505 wrote:
Agreed. Could you imagine showing up 80th in line and waiting around for 4 hours to ride? No thanks
Stuntman949
4/24/2020 9:46am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Agreed. Could you imagine showing up 80th in line and waiting around for 4 hours to ride? No thanks
Its called a Loretta's qualifier
GPrider
4/24/2020 11:46am
seth505 wrote:
why not? I would in a heartbeat
hubbardmx50
4/25/2020 1:53pm
Did anyone ride Glen Helen today? If so, how long did it take you to get in?

Post a reply to: SoCal Guys...

The Latest